Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2011, 07:35 PM   #136
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisGirl819 View Post
I booked a 20 minute session for my two kids in December at the Beach Club. I'm hoping for some really awesome Christmas shots. I'm excited, I hope the photographers are good. Anyone experience the 20 minute session recently?

Sweetpee and 2Tiggies your pictures are awesome!!
Not at the BC but my previous post with pics was a 20 minute session 10 days ago Not that the girls in the pink dresses help you deciding if it's right for your boys
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:55 AM   #137
DisGirl819
Then I thought about it and realized I'm crazy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
Not at the BC but my previous post with pics was a 20 minute session 10 days ago Not that the girls in the pink dresses help you deciding if it's right for your boys
Your pictures are awesome! (and I have one girl and one boy)

DLR: 2010, 2009, 2008...back to first trip 1990
WDW: 1985, 1996, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
CSR, CBR, AKV-K, BCV, BC-CL, POFQ, WL, CR

DisGirl819 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2011, 12:13 PM   #138
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisGirl819 View Post
Your pictures are awesome! (and I have one girl and one boy)
Thank you so much

It appears I don't read well late at night Apologies to your little girl I am blaming it on my body still being in the Florida time zone!
Old 10-21-2011, 05:50 AM   #139
rjvose17
Mouseketeer

Here is the link to our session. I am still on the fence. They aren't as bad as I expected them, but they aren't great. There are definately some I could use. You can definately tell when my 5 year old was done taking pics. That's not their fault. I do NOT think that it's worth the amount of money. We had a 1 hour session with Mike and Pedro September 16th, 2011. The best shots were done in the first 20 mins. I ordered the cd but they forgot to send it. I also just got the email last night at about 10pm. If it asks its Vose Family and 1971 for the log in and password. Have a great day Dis friends.

http://www.collages.net/consumersite...ventgroup.aspx
Old 10-21-2011, 12:41 PM   #140
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvose17 View Post
Here is the link to our session. I am still on the fence. They aren't as bad as I expected them, but they aren't great. There are definately some I could use. You can definately tell when my 5 year old was done taking pics. That's not their fault. I do NOT think that it's worth the amount of money. We had a 1 hour session with Mike and Pedro September 16th, 2011. The best shots were done in the first 20 mins. I ordered the cd but they forgot to send it. I also just got the email last night at about 10pm. If it asks its Vose Family and 1971 for the log in and password. Have a great day Dis friends.

It won't let me in. It is asking for email and first name

I think longer sessions are a particular challenge with children as they really do lose interest after a while. My problem is that my DD loves the camera and prefers not to have to share the limelight with me

You did the one hour session didn't you? I know that costs a lot more than the 20 minute one we did and I have to admit, I would expect more from an hour session than I do from our basic 20 minute sessions. The advantage with the basic session is that you get the CD the next day. I purposely booked ours halfway through our stay so I could check the photos and if need be, get back to them BEFORE we left if I wasn't happy. Unfortunately with having to wait that long for the sessions you did, it is not an option
Old 10-21-2011, 01:10 PM   #141
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks for sharing your pics - I think they came out great. The ones of the girls on the red sofa are very cute!

Next up: Disneyland, Spring 2015!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:22 PM   #142
rjvose17
Mouseketeer

If it prompts you with a email and name just use your own personal email and name, it doesn't take your info and its not tied to my account.

Yes, the hour was too long for our 5 year old. I also didn't anticipate it being 90+ degrees that day. I think what I am most upset with...and it's my own fault, is I wanted some background of the board walk and things that make you know it's been done at beach club. I should have asked for more specifics but I just assumed the photographer would know some of the coolest spots to shoot. I explained that in the beginning. Oh well, we got some usable shots and will do things differently next time. Thanks for the input and nice compliments guys.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:54 PM   #143
2Tiggies

Quote:
If it prompts you with a email and name just use your own personal email and name, it doesn't take your info and its not tied to my account.

Yes, the hour was too long for our 5 year old. I also didn't anticipate it being 90+ degrees that day. I think what I am most upset with...and it's my own fault, is I wanted some background of the board walk and things that make you know it's been done at beach club. I should have asked for more specifics but I just assumed the photographer would know some of the coolest spots to shoot. I explained that in the beginning. Oh well, we got some usable shots and will do things differently next time. Thanks for the input and nice compliments guys.
First of all, your pictures are incredible. I guess you, having paid for it, would be more critical than we are but I have to say I am really impressed with all the shots! The only reason I didn't and possible won't book the one hour session is because there are only two of us which means we move quite quickly and are able to get a good number of photos in our 20 minute session.

I must admit, and just remembered this when I read your last post, I did ask for more inside this year. We had the first few taken on the staircase at the GF and then went outside. When the photographer was done, I asked if we could have a couple more done inside and she was quite happy to go back and do these. I think one thing I have learnt from doing 2 sessions now is that it helps to know or at least have an idea of anything specific you want. I purposely just let her carry on with the shoot and put my requests in at the end as I didn't want to lose time back tracking when it was clear that we were set up to spend the rest of the session outside. I guess we live and learn, but again, your photos are stunning and there are definitely some enlargement and framing worthy ones in there. I love the ones of the girls on the couch They are so serene and natural.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:13 AM   #144
Scarlett81
Mommy to my princess and lil pirate

I am so torn now....
rjvose, diane and sweetpea-Thank you so much!!! Those pictures are all beautiful, thanks for sharing. You all have lovely families.

After reading much of this thread, I contacted an outside wedding photographer, but now after looking at these photos, I don't know what to do, they're gorgeous. And, we're pretty picky!(we're close friends with 2 of the most highly rated photog's in the nyc area, so we are pretty prejudice about this ) But I have to admit, these pics were better than I thought they'd be. You guys should be proud.

CF Make a Wish Trip O/S-87' Fort Wilderness Campground-99' O/S-03' O/S-04' O/S-08' O/S-09' Beach Club-10' Grand Floridian-11' FW Cabins-11'
Sister's/Girl's Trip AKL 12' Princess Half Marathon Finisher!!! (Split stay Dolphin and BC) 13' Beach Club weekend coming up! 13' Princess Half Marathon Finisher 2014' (Split stay Swan and AKL)
WL for end of school year celebration..June 14'
Scarlett81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:33 AM   #145
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

We are at the BC now & my DD17 had her photo shoot pics done yesterday here @ the BC for her senior pics. We chose to do 2 (20 min) mini sessions. Saved $100 & got the CD within an hour after the session. We viewed the pics on our laptop & I can tell u that they came out BEAUTIFUL. She wanted all shots outside & the photographer we got, Alicia, was excellent with her. She got some great shots on the beach, on the ship (slide) capturing the lighthouse in the background, around the flower beds...all really pretty. All in all we got 58 shots....well worth every cent (IMO). When I get home this weekend, I'll try to upload a couple (if I can figure out how...lol).
mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:44 AM   #146
disneypryncess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpee_1993 View Post
I just got my email with the link to our portraits. O.M.G. They are so good. I thought our portraits from our MK shoot back in December '07 were good but this is like a whole different ballgame of great. I'm sooooo beyond glad we did this. Truly.

Yes, my hair was frizzing which I look at the pics and see it but the pictures are so beautiful it just doesn't matter. At all. I'm really impressed because we were all sweating some kinda bad. Every time Dean asked us to get close to each other or **gasp** touch each other is was a moment of "eeeewwww" and giggles. I'd put my hand on the hubby's back and it was soaked. Say it with me: "eeeeeeeewwwwww"....

Anywhoo, here's the link. Username is: Sutton Family. Password is: 1971.

I hope this puts some minds at ease. I really really really do completely love and adore our portraits. So amazing.
Your pictures are beautiful!!! Thank you so much for sharing!
We are doing the 1 hour session in November with the entire family. Fingers crossed that it goes well with 5 adults & 4 kids!!
2008-Poly & DCL Wonder & Uni Hard Rock, Royal Pac
2007-DCL Magic, 2006-AKL & Pop
2005-WL, 2004-Cont, 2003-CS & ASMu
2002-BC, 2001-POR, Uni Portofino Bay & Hard Rock
2000-Poly, 1999-POFQ
1998-Disney Institute, 1997-ASSp, 1996-CBR
disneypryncess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:50 AM   #147
disneypryncess
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Your pics are great & your little ones are sooooo cute! Thx for sharing!
2008-Poly & DCL Wonder & Uni Hard Rock, Royal Pac
2007-DCL Magic, 2006-AKL & Pop
2005-WL, 2004-Cont, 2003-CS & ASMu
2002-BC, 2001-POR, Uni Portofino Bay & Hard Rock
2000-Poly, 1999-POFQ
1998-Disney Institute, 1997-ASSp, 1996-CBR
disneypryncess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:44 PM   #148
rjvose17
Mouseketeer

2 tiggies, Scarlet, and Princess.......

Thanks so much for giving me your honest opinion on our pics. I am truly the worst critic because I HATE having my picture taken. I'm really bad to the point of this was the first session we have ever done as a family. Also your talking to the girl that when we went to Discovery Cove and did the dolphin swim, upon seeing myself in the pics of the water with the dolphin I just hid in the locker room the entire day. It sounds ridiculous but it's truly a flaw that I have . So with that said it's really nice to here that from total strangers that arent just trying to make you feel better. I really appreciate it!
Old 10-25-2011, 12:04 AM   #149
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh my! Your girls are adorable! You're gorgeous! And hello! Hubba-hubba on that old man ya got there! Beautiful pictures. I thought there were tons of wonderful shots there. Even the ones where your littlest one was doing what us grown-ups generally refer to as "not cooperating", those are just as important to have. Years from now think of the fun you can have with those! They capture a moment in your lives that you can't go back and do again. Love it for all it's flaws.

Quote:
2 tiggies, Scarlet, and Princess.......

Thanks so much for giving me your honest opinion on our pics. I am truly the worst critic because I HATE having my picture taken. I'm really bad to the point of this was the first session we have ever done as a family. Also your talking to the girl that when we went to Discovery Cove and did the dolphin swim, upon seeing myself in the pics of the water with the dolphin I just hid in the locker room the entire day. It sounds ridiculous but it's truly a flaw that I have . So with that said it's really nice to here that from total strangers that arent just trying to make you feel better. I really appreciate it!
I totally hear ya, girl! I'm the exact same way. I can look at just about every picture I'm in from our shoot and find something I don't like. It's really hard for me to accept images of myself. I'm just not a naturally photogenic person. Pairing that with my crazy vain side and it's just a recipe for disaster. Over the years I've gotten where I just have fun with the moment whenever someone is taking a pic. If I want a nice smile I try to think of things that make me laugh. Laughter produces the nicest smiles. Then there's always those what-the-heck shots. I try to embrace those, too. Like in our photoshoot towards the end there's a shot where I'm looking off from the camera and have a really irritated expression. Yeah, I call this my "What are you lookin' at?!" shot. Just have fun with it. I look at all those pictures when your little one wasn't loving the camera anymore and think of all the funny captions that can go with them. Great stuff to have! Next time you get pictures done I bet you'll be looking back laughing...and your new shots will be all the better for it!
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland, 9/14 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/14 DCL Wonder DD, 10/14 DCL Wonder DD

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
9/15 DCL Dream w/friends
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:52 AM   #150
2Tiggies

Sounds like we all have camera lens phobia and unnecessary self criticism That is just all the more reason to buy the CD with digital images .... at least if we get desperate we can (or can get someone able to) Photoshop us gorgeous

It is true what they say: we are always our own worst critics!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: