Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2011, 06:43 PM   #91
mrssmith06
DIS Veteran

Congrats on getting your RE license! I got mine last year and have been working part time and mostly working from home. I've now realized how hard it is trying to only work part time and all of the fees involved with the business are drowning me So I might put mine inactive for a little while until I can go to work full time. I'm sure you will love it! It's a good, flexible business, good luck!!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 07:01 AM   #92
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Um, yeah, I could have told you that wearing gloves is a must! I never tried RIT dye, we used dye from Dharma Trading Co. online, it is VERY brilliant...but, you MUST leave it to set for 24 hours! Believe me, I know the torture, I watch the clock, but it has to be done. I promise you will be rewarded for your patience with bright, dark, tie dye! I'm glad your mickeyhead came out well. We always have good luck with ours as well, but my friend is the queen of baste stitching, so I think that's why!

I will have to check out the Apples to Apples! We have the Jr. and regular version, but a Disney version?!?!? that sounds great!

Congrats on your license!!!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2011, 08:24 AM   #93
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrssmith06 View Post
Congrats on getting your RE license! I got mine last year and have been working part time and mostly working from home. I've now realized how hard it is trying to only work part time and all of the fees involved with the business are drowning me So I might put mine inactive for a little while until I can go to work full time. I'm sure you will love it! It's a good, flexible business, good luck!!!!
Thanks! I'm definitely learning how expensive it is! I am actually working as a team with my best friend so I'm hoping we can work out a good system and split the duties. We already have a few people wanting to use us just waiting to get that official license in the mail!
Old 05-31-2011, 08:27 AM   #94
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Um, yeah, I could have told you that wearing gloves is a must! I never tried RIT dye, we used dye from Dharma Trading Co. online, it is VERY brilliant...but, you MUST leave it to set for 24 hours! Believe me, I know the torture, I watch the clock, but it has to be done. I promise you will be rewarded for your patience with bright, dark, tie dye! I'm glad your mickeyhead came out well. We always have good luck with ours as well, but my friend is the queen of baste stitching, so I think that's why!

I will have to check out the Apples to Apples! We have the Jr. and regular version, but a Disney version?!?!? that sounds great!

Congrats on your license!!!
My hands are finally back to normal I'll have to look up that dye. I just don't know if I have enough patience to wait that long.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:37 AM   #95
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari-B View Post
Glad you had fun playing Apples To Apples, my kids get super excited when they have a card that is a Disneyworld attraction. So exciting about your new stroller. Have fun testing it out!!
Our new stroller is AMAZING! Even Isaac who is almost 7 can ride in it. It's so easy to push, and very light for a double stroller. I highly recommend it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
Congrats on passing your exam!!!
Thanks for the review of Apples to Apples. That sounds like something we'd enjoy playing.

Amanda
We LOVE our Apples to Apples. It's a lot of fun with the whole family. Even Violet (2) has fun looking at our discard cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARsMama View Post
Congrats on passing your exam!
Thanks! I'm super excited to get started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess View Post
Congrats on passing your real estate exam! Good luck with your new career.

I'm going to check out the Disney Apples to Apples; I think DD and DS would love it!
Thanks! & definitely look in to Apples to Apples. It's so much fun!
Old 07-01-2011, 08:30 AM   #96
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

A few new purchases for the trip :)

Hey guys, it has been a crazy busy summer so far and I can't believe it's July! I've had Disney in the back of mind the whole time though and I've found some really great stuff for our trip. Here's a few pics of some of the things I've bought.

I bought these at the Disney Store. They are really cute and have water and glitter going up the sides. I'll keep these in our room and let the kids use them there. Cost: Under $3 each.

Next up are:
Lady, Minnie & Perry for $5 each from the Disney Store. I plan to give these to the kids when we get on the plane.

Hand Pump Misters. I bought these for $2.50 each at Target. I haven't tested them out yet, but they look like they'll get the job done to me

Sunglasses from the Dollar Bin at Target

Phineas & Ferb toy from the Disney Store for $2.97. I plan to have some surprises for the kids a few of the mornings and this will be one of them for DS.

I'll work on pics of the many Disney shirts that I've been buying. I'm always on the lookout for deals and sales. I also took advantage of the online Disney Store sale yesterday and got some clearance items with an Extra 40% off!!
Old 07-01-2011, 11:13 AM   #97
DisneyMom14
DIS Veteran

Hi! Joining in. We are going in October as well. Congratulations on your RE license!

Just wanted to say my kiddos have done the passports (homemade) and Kim Possible missions and loved them. This year I would like to make Food & Wine passports to try to get them to taste foods from different countries and they really want to do another Kim Possible mission!

Can't wait to hear more!
DisneyMom14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:01 PM   #98
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom14 View Post
Hi! Joining in. We are going in October as well. Congratulations on your RE license!

Just wanted to say my kiddos have done the passports (homemade) and Kim Possible missions and loved them. This year I would like to make Food & Wine passports to try to get them to taste foods from different countries and they really want to do another Kim Possible mission!

Can't wait to hear more!
Thanks and Welcome!

Great idea about the Food & Wine Passports. I haven't heard that one yet!
Old 07-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #99
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Disney Clothes!

So I have been watching the clearance and sales racks very closely and I almost have enough Disney clothes for the whole family to wear something Disney every day!

The most successful spot for me has been Wal-Mart. I have gotten several T-shirts there for only $5!
Here is one of my favorites....Lady & the Tramp

Like this one too! Again only $5!

Got this one from the Disney Store for DD. I think it was $9.

This is for DS. It's from the Disney Store too. I'm thinking it was around $5.

Lots more to come later!
Old 07-05-2011, 05:54 PM   #100
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

Great finds on the clothes and toys! I really like the one for DS and the striped Mickey T!

Villainess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:53 PM   #101
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess View Post
Great finds on the clothes and toys! I really like the one for DS and the striped Mickey T!
Thanks! Those are my favorite ones too!
Old 07-06-2011, 09:43 PM   #102
MARsMama
Mouseketeer

Great purchases!!
I especially like the one for your dd, the tank top with the green Mickey

March 2009: Our 1st Disney Vacation - ASMu
September 2011 - POR

My First PTR
MARsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:56 PM   #103
DisneyMom14
DIS Veteran

OOOh! I LOVE Disney Deals! Great finds!
DisneyMom14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:19 AM   #104
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARsMama View Post
Great purchases!!
I especially like the one for your dd, the tank top with the green Mickey
I like that one too! I saw it at the Disney Store and made myself wait to buy it because it wasn't on sale. I went back the next week and it was in the clearance section

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom14 View Post
OOOh! I LOVE Disney Deals! Great finds!
I LOVE Disney Deals too! I find myself looking for Disney finds no matter what store I'm in.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:27 AM   #105
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

ADR & MNSSHP Changes

I knew it was bound to happen. At exactly 180 days out (Easter Sunday) I got up at the break of dawn and made my ADRs only to change them about 80 days later. I was very happy with the restaurants and times I got, so why did I change them you ask? Well, my best friend lives in Orlando and when I told her we were going to MNSSHP on Thursday the 27th of October, she said that her boys wouldn't have school that next day. She said a lot of the schools let the kids out the Friday before Halloween. The more I thought about it, the more I was scared that a lot of locals would hit that Thursday party since there was no school the next day, and it was a cheaper ticket. So I changed it to Tuesday. Thankfully, I haven't bought my tickets yet. So it took a few switching around of ADRs but in the end I got exactly what I wanted just on different days.

Tags
october 2011, pop, trip report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: