Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2011, 09:16 PM   #76
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARsMama View Post
Those dresses are adorable, wish my girl was little again.....the dresses just wouldn't look as good on my boys
I've never heard of Disney pictureka before, but that is something my kids would love. Also, never heard of Apples to Apples, let alone a Disney version. My kids just LOVE games, and Disney ones even more so!
Isn't it sad how fast our kids grow up!!? Apples to Apples is a ton of fun! We have the regular version, but I think Disney will be much better since DD isn't reading yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizziedupbaby0127 View Post
Joining in! We are taking our 18mo old DD in September!

Chef Mickeys (but I prefer Breakfast, which we are trying in Sept)
1900 Park Fare -Never been
Fantasmic Dining Pkg at Mama Melrose's- I have this booked also, we saw fantasmic in '08 and DH loved it but I hate the idea of waiting with a toddler!
Akershus- haven't been(we are skipping this trip because I think DD is too young to appreciate the princesses)
Via Napoli - I would like to try some day!
The Crystal Palace Had a GREAT BKFST there on our Honeymoon (doing this in Sept too)
Ohana- Haven't been for breakfast

Pecos Bills- We plan to try this too (tried it in 07 but we don't remember it)

Epcot- we have only done Electric umbrella and Sunshine Seasons (wasn't thrilled with either)

Hollywood Studios-
Pizza Planet- We Love PP, DH and I actually like WDW pizza many don't and I like that PP has cookies for dessert rather then the chocolate cake, much easier to save for later! and getting the pizza with a salad is a better deal!

Animal Kingdom-
Flame Tree Barbeque- We prefer Pizzafari but only because I'm addicted to the breadsticks!
Thanks for all of the input!! I too love the pizza at Disney! In fact I don't think I have ever had anything at Disney that I didn't like

My DS was 18 months old when we took him to WDW the first time. He kept grabbing my face with his hands and turning my head so that we were eye to eye. Then he would say "thank you mommy soooooo much for bringing me here!" It's probably my most favorite memory of him when he was a baby. He doesn't remember it, but I sure do and I wouldn't trade it for anything!
Old 05-07-2011, 03:17 PM   #77
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Mickey Tie Dye Shirts

Well, I just started on my first "trial" run of the Mickey Tie Dye shirts. I only made one, and I'm waiting for the dye to set. Not sure how long I'll be able to wait before peeking.

Lesson Learned: When it says to wear rubber gloves....do!! I 'll have some nice dyed black fingers for a while
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2011, 08:42 PM   #78
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

2 more things I've learned from tie dying.....

#1 Do not use the RIT dye from Wal-Mart. It just doesn't get very bright.
#2 I am not a patient person....lol.....it was absolutely killing me to wait for the dye to set. I kept peeking and ultimately screwed up the shirt. (That's why I did a trial run)

So I'm going to head to Hobby Lobby on Monday and try to find a fabric dye. I'm doing black and orange for MNSSHP and would prefer the colors to stay black and orange (not purple and yellow like mine turned out after washing...)

I am however, very happy with how clear my Mickey Head is. It was what I was most nervous about and it looks so defined! Now to just figure out the dye problem...
Old 05-07-2011, 09:01 PM   #79
dizziedupbaby0127
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgerdon02 View Post
Isn't it sad how fast our kids grow up!!? Apples to Apples is a ton of fun! We have the regular version, but I think Disney will be much better since DD isn't reading yet.

Thanks for all of the input!! I too love the pizza at Disney! In fact I don't think I have ever had anything at Disney that I didn't like

My DS was 18 months old when we took him to WDW the first time. He kept grabbing my face with his hands and turning my head so that we were eye to eye. Then he would say "thank you mommy soooooo much for bringing me here!" It's probably my most favorite memory of him when he was a baby. He doesn't remember it, but I sure do and I wouldn't trade it for anything!
I think I would cry if my DD told me that! In a good way of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgerdon02 View Post
#1 Do not use the RIT dye from Wal-Mart. It just doesn't get very bright.
#2 I am not a patient person....lol.....it was absolutely killing me to wait for the dye to set. I kept peeking and ultimately screwed up the shirt. (That's why I did a trial run)

So I'm going to head to Hobby Lobby on Monday and try to find a fabric dye. I'm doing black and orange for MNSSHP and would prefer the colors to stay black and orange (not purple and yellow like mine turned out after washing...)

I am however, very happy with how clear my Mickey Head is. It was what I was most nervous about and it looks so defined! Now to just figure out the dye problem...
So excited to see how these turn out! Please post pics!

Proving the Critics Wrong: Taking our 18 month old to WDW for 10 Days!

DH Me DD
dizziedupbaby0127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:48 PM   #80
Kari-B
Mouseketeer

Oooh, can't wait to see how your shirts turn out!!
Kari-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:55 PM   #81
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizziedupbaby0127 View Post
So excited to see how these turn out! Please post pics!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari-B View Post
Oooh, can't wait to see how your shirts turn out!!
HaHa...you guys might be waiting a while...lol. I need to forget the nightmare of the mess and tediousness of making them, before I try again....but I will
Old 05-13-2011, 09:20 PM   #82
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Packages in the mail!

I got my Disney Apples to Apples and my Baby Jogger Double City Mini stroller in this week and I couldn't be happier!

Disney Apples to Apples: We played this tonight and it was so much fun for all of us! Kevin, Isaac, Ava and myself played while Violet had fun taking all of the extra cards and seeing how big of a mess she could make It is really a great game for us! Even Ava can play (because there are pictures on the cards) and she understood the object of the game. My favorite part of the game is that the cards even have attractions on them from WDW. So far I have seen It's A Small World, Space Mountain & Haunted Mansion. I really appreciate that it is truly all things Disney.

My NEW STROLLER!: I was so excited when I found out that my stroller was going to arrive two weeks earlier than I thought! The plan today was to go for a walk and see how she handled, but the rain spoiled that plan. So plan #2 was load the kids up in it, and drive it through the house. They had fun riding around in it and I had fun seeing how easily it handled. I am hooked and can't wait for the rain to go away so I can take my kiddos for a walk
Old 05-16-2011, 10:22 PM   #83
Kari-B
Mouseketeer

Glad you had fun playing Apples To Apples, my kids get super excited when they have a card that is a Disneyworld attraction. So exciting about your new stroller. Have fun testing it out!!
Old 05-17-2011, 04:49 PM   #84
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Life Update!!

I have a little life update to tell you guys about!! My best friend and I decided at the beginning of this year that we wanted to take the real estate licensure courses. We had class for three hours on Mondays and Wednesdays for 9 weeks. We finished up those classes last week, and headed north for 2 1/2 hours to Indianapolis today to take our State Exam. I am very happy to announce that we both passed and have already found a Broker to work with!! I am very excited to get back into the work force after being home for the last three years. The great thing about selling real estate is that I can do most of the work from my house and will only need to go to the office as needed. I really feel like it will be the best of both worlds for me

So now that I'm finished studying, it's time to get caught up on all of my threads I'm subscribed to that I've been missing out on
Old 05-17-2011, 05:20 PM   #85
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Congrats on passing your exam!!!
Thanks for the review of Apples to Apples. That sounds like something we'd enjoy playing.

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:25 PM   #86
Kari-B
Mouseketeer

Congratulations on passing your exam and starting a new career!
Old 05-18-2011, 07:41 PM   #87
jorybella
Mouseketeer

Your trip sounds great! You guys are gonna have the best time ever. Believe it or not last year when we went to Disney World (our first time) was my first time flying, too. I was 41. You will do fine. I told my son and my husband the fact that I didn't run up and down the aisles screaming was a really good sign. LOL
jorybella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:48 PM   #88
MARsMama
Mouseketeer

Congrats on passing your exam!

March 2009: Our 1st Disney Vacation - ASMu
September 2011 - POR

My First PTR
MARsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:28 AM   #89
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorybella View Post
Your trip sounds great! You guys are gonna have the best time ever. Believe it or not last year when we went to Disney World (our first time) was my first time flying, too. I was 41. You will do fine. I told my son and my husband the fact that I didn't run up and down the aisles screaming was a really good sign. LOL

That's too funny I think my kids are looking forward to the plane as much as they are Disney
Old 05-30-2011, 12:21 PM   #90
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

Congrats on passing your real estate exam! Good luck with your new career.

I'm going to check out the Disney Apples to Apples; I think DD and DS would love it!

Villainess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
october 2011, pop, trip report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: