Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Arts and Crafts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2011, 10:29 AM   #31
aboveH20
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by purse lady View Post
Hi,

I just wanted to let everyone know that my co-workers and I made 23 pillows last-was supposed to be 24 but we had an oopsy!
I think it went really well but ran into the early morning hours.
We were together about 5 1/2 hrs but I can't really say that was how long it took to make the pillows. We watched recaps of the royal wedding, had alot of conversation, swapped sewing tips etc. There were 4 of us, only two experienced sewers but we did the assembly line technique which helped. Yes we could've moved faster but what we lacked in speed was gained in numbers. Also having the set time to do this was a big factor also. If I were doing this alone at home I may have not even started the pillows and surely what've quit before I did. Honestly, we could've gotten this done much quicker but I'm really happy that I had a good time with friends, FINALLY saw a project thru to the end in a timely manner, and did something nice for someone else.
Thanks for bringing the project to my attention, instructions and tutorials , and helping me locate that great Mickey fabric. You guys are GREAT!
Super! That's 23 pillows they didn't have before you started.

I think assemblyline is the way to go. I keep jumping up between my sewing machine, ironing board, cutting mat, and serger.

Disneyland Disney World Disneyland Paris Disney Cruise Aulani Next?
aboveH20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #32
aboveH20
DIS Veteran

Pillows, pillows, pillows

On another thread someone asked about the pillowcases and I came here to research the answer to her question.

Seems like this thread is getting lost so I thought I'd post photos of a recent donation to remind others who enjoy sewing about this worthwhile project.

To the OP if you're still following along, the question from the other person was does the solid color fabric have to be flannel? She wrote that she has a lot of fabric, but not flannel.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #33
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

The reason for flannel is softness. They're looking for the "cuddly" factor.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:23 PM   #34
aboveH20
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe
The reason for flannel is softness. They're looking for the "cuddly" factor.
I realize that, but someone posted on the Big Give board that she has a lot of fabric and is willing to make pillows IF non-flannel is okay. Most pillowcases you buy at the store aren't flannel, so she is wondering if the HAVE to be flannel. I guess basically the question is, do they have to be flannel. I don't think the woman was going to buy so she wanted to know if what she has is acceptable.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:33 PM   #35
mommie2angels
Would you like to be in the picture?
Gets excited by a new scrapbook find
At least my dds are learning to clap since they have seen me do it so much for the TF! LOL!!!

Not sure this ever got answered but as far as I know they do not have to be flannel. Washable is the only requirement. I am an "angel" at GKTW & my first volunteer job was the pillow tree. There were so many different fabric pillows.
mommie2angels is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: