Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2011, 01:35 AM   #31
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Nice short TR Liza. I like the last picture of the Matterhorn with the popcorn stand. Also the pictures of the pins were very nice.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:50 AM   #32
funatdisney
Disneyland, DH and my horses have a soothing effect on my soul, and always brings a smile on my face.

Thanks, Bret. I just love Disneyland in the spring. So many beautiful flowers and the colors! It only happens once a year and is a treat to behold.

That is one of the reasons why I like having the AP. I like seeing the Park during the different seasons of the year. The colors of spring, the red white and blue colors of the summer, the fall colors and lastly, the Christmas colors at the end of the year are truly wonderful. Instead of having one picture of DL in memory, I have a whole year of the Park dressed in its seasons attire.

DVC member since 2007; SSR and VGC.

funatdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2011, 05:06 PM   #33
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

I really like the two pin styles you shared with us. But really like the shots of the cascades.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:57 PM   #34
TheColtonsMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatdisney View Post
Thanks, and welcome to my trip report Daisybelle!

I am so glad you find my little adventures at DL good reading. I am going to start writing and organizing my thoughts on a day trip I took two weeks ago with my high school DD and her friend tomorrow. Good thing I took pictures that day. It helps remind what I did!
Boy pics do come in handy don't they? After writing my first TR this year my husband & I have pic taking agendas to make the TR even easier like shots of clocks (the ones with the right time) and being sure to include at least one pic of ques and shows so we know what order things were in and entering & exiting pics so we know better where one day ends and the next begins should help with the Halloween TR... since this time the trip is 8 days with 6 of them in DLR I am going to need those pics as a guide to keep it all from blending together!

My 2010 Christmas TR is at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2613318
My 2011 Halloween PTR is at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....613318&page=29
Me Sherri , DH Brant ,DS6Colton
TheColtonsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:26 PM   #35
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

I'm kind of late to the party but am enjoying your trip report immensely.

Your friend Joy looks like she is a blast! Your pictures are great. Looking forward to more!

TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:21 AM   #36
funatdisney
Disneyland, DH and my horses have a soothing effect on my soul, and always brings a smile on my face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheColtonsMom View Post
Boy pics do come in handy don't they? After writing my first TR this year my husband & I have pic taking agendas to make the TR even easier like shots of clocks (the ones with the right time) and being sure to include at least one pic of ques and shows so we know what order things were in and entering & exiting pics so we know better where one day ends and the next begins should help with the Halloween TR... since this time the trip is 8 days with 6 of them in DLR I am going to need those pics as a guide to keep it all from blending together!
I have been known to take a picture of my own watch when I can not find a clock. People look at me weird when I do that, but when in DL people do weird things. So I feel right at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
I'm kind of late to the party but am enjoying your trip report immensely.

Your friend Joy looks like she is a blast! Your pictures are great. Looking forward to more!

TK
Welcome, TK! Late comers are welcomed here with open arms, especially you . Your kind words about my pics are very much appreciated. Joy is a blast and we have a secret trip we are trying to cooking up for Thursday. Got to see if we can arrange pick ups and get away for the day.

The reason for yet another day trip is... it is my birthday! And I want to go to Disneyland with Joy. I wonder if the Day Trip Gods are busy...

Last edited by funatdisney; 04-26-2011 at 01:35 AM.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:29 AM   #37
funatdisney

oops double post. So I think I will post a picture here.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:43 AM   #38
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome, TK! Late comers are welcomed here with open arms, especially you . Your kind words about my pics are very much appreciated. Joy is a blast and we have a secret trip we are trying to cooking up for Thursday. Got to see if we can arrange pick ups and get away for the day.

The reason for yet another day trip is... it is my birthday! And I want to go to Disneyland with Joy. I wonder if the Day Trip Gods are busy...
That must be so exciting to have a secret trip this week. Hope you have a great birthday trip at DL.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:04 AM   #39
funatdisney

Thanks, Bret. I hope it works out and we can go.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:05 AM   #40
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Oh Joy oh Joy, have a great Birthday in the parks, and hopefully with Joy too.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:16 AM   #41
funatdisney

Thanks Matt. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:26 AM   #42
funatdisney

Well Joy can not make it after all. So I think I will stay home and go see a movie for something. I have been going to DL quite a bit lately and I should take a break. Looks like the next visit could be the Star Tours 2 AP preview in May. That is if I get selected to preview it.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:48 AM   #43
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well Joy can not make it after all. So I think I will stay home and go see a movie for something. I have been going to DL quite a bit lately and I should take a break. Looks like the next visit could be the Star Tours 2 AP preview in May. That is if I get selected to preview it.
Sorry to hear about that Liza. Hoping that you get selected for the Star Tour 2 AP Sneak Peak Liza and I'm hoping for the same thing when i go down later in May. I would guess that you selected all the available dates for the sneak peak?
Old 04-28-2011, 02:32 AM   #44
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Sorry about Joy.

I think odds a probably pretty good. Over several days they should be able to run a lot of people through the attraction.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:08 AM   #45
funatdisney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Sorry to hear about that Liza. Hoping that you get selected for the Star Tour 2 AP Sneak Peak Liza and I'm hoping for the same thing when i go down later in May. I would guess that you selected all the available dates for the sneak peak?
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Sorry about Joy.

I think odds a probably pretty good. Over several days they should be able to run a lot of people through the attraction.
Thanks Bret and Matt. I did chose all days and time slots when I signed up. I figured that whatever day I got I could make it happen. I am hoping for Monday, Saturday or Sunday. That way my kids can come with me. If not, DH and I will go.

I had won a sneak peak time slot for Toy Story Mania in 2008. It was on a Tuesday, so my girls couldn't go. My DH and I went and had a blast. We were told the first time we entered to get back in line if there was no one in line when we finished. We could keep getting back into an empty line for the duration of my time slot which was from 10am to 2pm.. We must have rode TSM at least 10, 11 times. A week later, we were in WDW and riding their TSM on DL's TSM's opening day! Ah good times. Sometimes I am just too lucky.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: