Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2011, 10:38 AM   #91
polyforme
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!!
Love your trip report!! What a great surprise. We are taking our three kids on the Dream in August and I was wondering about check-in. I am nervous that the birth certificates won't be enough but now I don't know if I have enough time to get them passports. I think you have to send in their birth cert. with the application and what if i didn't get them back in time?? Any suggestions? Thank you
Old 04-14-2011, 10:50 AM   #92
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyforme View Post
Hi everyone!!
Love your trip report!! What a great surprise. We are taking our three kids on the Dream in August and I was wondering about check-in. I am nervous that the birth certificates won't be enough but now I don't know if I have enough time to get them passports. I think you have to send in their birth cert. with the application and what if i didn't get them back in time?? Any suggestions? Thank you
You have plenty of time to get passports if you sail in Aug. But do it soon as the price is going up again soon. I think you need to allow at least 30 days, more is better, but they told me they are processing them in about 2 weeks right now. We did sail with Birth Certificates though becuase basically my DH was too cheap to buy the passports. We had absolutely NO problmes at all. But I would still recommend getting them.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2011, 10:54 AM   #93
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Wow, what a great post on the Dream!!!

Love the verandah room! It looks so big. I think you helped me decide for our cruise next year!

Good to know that they seat you at Cabanas. That makes it easier then having to worry about getting a table with food in hand. I love the theme of that restaurant. I have to ask--Did the birds say Mine?

Wow, you got on board quick? I have read something about checking in beforehand. Did you do that or how does that all work?

The kids club looks fabulous. I am planning a trip for next year as it would be DS last chance to go there due to age requirement.

Awesome update! Can't wait to read more.

Erika

Old 04-14-2011, 11:11 AM   #94
polyforme
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
You have plenty of time to get passports if you sail in Aug. But do it soon as the price is going up again soon. I think you need to allow at least 30 days, more is better, but they told me they are processing them in about 2 weeks right now. We did sail with Birth Certificates though becuase basically my DH was too cheap to buy the passports. We had absolutely NO problmes at all. But I would still recommend getting them.
Thanks so much for the info. I will go get their pictures at AAA this weekend for the application.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:13 AM   #95
polyforme
Mouseketeer

Reading this trip report I am getting so excited to go!! What time did you get there to check in and what time do they start boarding?? Thanks
p.s. love.love love all the pictures!! I also can't wait to hear about AKV since we just bought points there and will be going April 2012.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #96
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Oh wow, that is really, really cool Sheree!!! I love all the photos you took as it feels like we were getting on board with you all. Your room is very nice!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 04-14-2011, 12:16 PM   #97
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, I will be doing a TR. I am doing a dining review first (link in my signature so this is what a dream taste like).
I love your first day. Seeing the ship as we were driving in was so awesome too. I was amazed by the size.
you room looks like it might be a little bigger than ours. We were on deck 7. I loved the verandah too. I can't imagine sailing without one now. We didn;t make it to the kids clubs much. Well only once. Claire was too worried we would do something fun without her. I hope next time (and yes there WILL be a next time) she will lighten up and go more often. She did have fun, but was just worried that we were having more fun than her.
I think we had a shortened sail away party as it was raining and they did it indoors. But it was still a lot of fun. We enjoyed Golden Mickeys. I think it was my favorite of the 3 shows.

I can't wait to hear more.
I really loved the verandah, but just last night I told Dave that if I could go on a longer cruise, I'd sacrifice the verandah! I agree with Claire - you don't want to miss out on anything! Lucky for our kids, the only thing we did while they were in the club was eat at Palo or just wander the ship and take pictures!
I have visited your Dining reviews! YUMMY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I'm thinking that's just what our stateroom is going to look like! Thanks for the preview!

Have I missed a picture of your FE?
I know it's late, maybe I've forgotten...
I'm happy to give you a preview! I hope you love it!
The FE picture is right around where I posted the video - p. 4, post 55.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I'd like to go on the ship just to see this. Very cool!

I'm glad your room had and outside space. I would never, ever, ever be able to stay in a room that was totally closed in with no outside 'escape'. Looks very nice, and I know all the people who have already scheduled cruises are very excited about seeing what they are in for.
There are other big beautiful mosaics around the ship too. I'll have more pictures!
Oh, it was really nice to be able to open that door and smell the sea air and look at the ports. But if I could go on a longer cruise, I'd forego the verandah (ow) and save the money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyLuvsMickey View Post
WOW!!! The kids club totally rocks!!!

And what a huge room you got... I've never stayed in a room with a Veranda... After seeing your room, I'm thinking a Veranda is the only way to go!!!

Love the updates so far... And can't wait to read more!!!
Oh, definitely. Disney knows how to do the kids' clubs! I would have liked to spend some time in there too! That verandah - ahhhh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Love the update!!! Very cool pictures!!!
Thanks! There's plenty more where those came from!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post
Subbing! I love seeing the pics from the Disney Dream, how cool! And I love the pillowcases and the fish extender, so cute!!
Hi!! Oh, there is so much cool stuff on that ship! I wish I could take credit for the pillowcases and fish extender, but someone with more talent and a fancy sewing machine from Etsy made them! I think they're so cute too! I have the FE hanging up so I can see it everyday! I should use it to put things in for the girls that I find around the house so they go grab their stuff to put away.

Last edited by Mndisneygirl; 04-21-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:38 PM   #98
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi everyone!!
Thanks!
Quote:
What she said!
We had gotten passports for all of us a couple years back for our first cruise. It's nice to have, but for kids they only last 5 years, so it's an added expense. We're hoping to use them one more time to go to Europe next March before they expire in July 2012. I like having it so I can leave the birth certificates at home where they belong. But it is unnerving to have to mail them in. I wish you could just take it to an office personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Wow, what a great post on the Dream!!!

Love the verandah room! It looks so big. I think you helped me decide for our cruise next year!

Good to know that they seat you at Cabanas. That makes it easier then having to worry about getting a table with food in hand. I love the theme of that restaurant. I have to ask--Did the birds say Mine?

Wow, you got on board quick? I have read something about checking in beforehand. Did you do that or how does that all work?

The kids club looks fabulous. I am planning a trip for next year as it would be DS last chance to go there due to age requirement.

Awesome update! Can't wait to read more.

Erika
Yeah, we didn't stand around too long. I think if (when) we go again, I won't be in a hurry to even get to the port before noon. Then you can just walk right on after the mad rush! We did do the online check in and it does save time. They generally ask that everyone does that, and it is really quick when you check in at the port. You show them your IDs (passports for us), give them a signed contract (you won't sue, accept risks, terms etc) and smile for the little web camera. Then you get your boarding pass and that's it! Very slick!

Cabanas was nicely organized. They had staff milling about clearing tables and telling the host/hostess when they had space. No, the birds didn't say "mine" although that would have been funny!! it was a nice theme and although crowded, and some of the seating was tight (the chairs should NOT have arms!), it was pretty relaxed.
The kids club - your son may age out of that but there is a tween club area too. I didn't see it up close, but it's a little more loose in terms of restriction. I think you can give your child freedom to come and go if you choose.
I haven't even mentioned the wave phones yet! I'll have to remember that in the next update! It's the new way to keep in touch with the clubs, your family etc. There are two in the room.

Quote:
Thanks so much for the info. I will go get their pictures at AAA this weekend for the application.
See, if you get passports now, you can do more international traveling since they will already be done and paid for!! Good luck! I know they are faster than when they first changed all those travel rules a couple years ago. I don't think there's as much a backlog.

Quote:
Reading this trip report I am getting so excited to go!! What time did you get there to check in and what time do they start boarding?? Thanks
p.s. love.love love all the pictures!! I also can't wait to hear about AKV since we just bought points there and will be going April 2012.
We arrived at the port a little before noon I think. They start the boarding somewhere around noon, 12:30. It all depends. So it doesn't necessarily pay to get there too early. You can sign up for the kids' club on line (which we did), but you still have to go get wristbands either at the port or on the ship. I suppose that would kill some time. The rooms aren't ready until 1:30, so you have to carry your bags (carry on) with you to lunch. I'm tempted to go really late, go straight to the room, and then go get food, but I don't know how late they keep the lunch buffet open for sure. I'm sure it says on my navigators; I'll check when I'm home.
Pictures - thank you. I thought I took some of pretty much everything, but there is so much I missed. I guess I have to go back!
AKV - LOVE it LOVE it!!! I will have lots of info on that as well, but it will be a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Oh wow, that is really, really cool Sheree!!! I love all the photos you took as it feels like we were getting on board with you all. Your room is very nice!
Thanks! I wish you guys had been getting on board with us! Can you imagine how much fun we'd all have? The room was really quite awesome! I have been so spoiled!

Last edited by Mndisneygirl; 04-14-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:57 PM   #99
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Great pictures! I really want to do a Disney cruise sometime...maybe next year?? They will be sailing out of NYC next year, so it's always an option. Flights from Buffalo to NYC are super cheap and an 8-night cruise to the Bahamas would sure be nice.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 04-14-2011, 02:54 PM   #100
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Ah, Marshall! I have a friend from law school from that neck of the woods. I was born and lived in New Ulm until I was 9.

We could manage to find him a Mauer jersey if you want. We have partial season tickets and get a discount on stuff at the pro shop. Something to think about. Although you can find Mauer jerseys at every Target store around here too.
Was it you that has a son that's a big Percy Harvin fan? I remember someone talking about him in a past TR. I'm so confused with people lately!
Nope that one wasn't me! We're Adrian Peterson fans though since he went to school at my alma mater

I might get him a Mauer jersey for his birthday, but that isn't until September. I'll let you know if I have trouble finding one. Thanks for the offer!

I loved this latest update!! I'm getting so excited to go on the Dream myself! We have a Deluxe Family Stateroom w/ Verandah as well so you gave me a nice preview of what we'll have. It looks like a great room.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:30 PM   #101
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post
Subbing! I love seeing the pics from the Disney Dream, how cool! And I love the pillowcases and the fish extender, so cute!!
hey emma!!! I haven't seen any TRs from you lately...I didn't miss any did I? Last one was your European Vacation...miss reading your stuff...you are almost thru with school,right?
Old 04-14-2011, 06:44 PM   #102
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Shawna - Emma's got one going now from her summer trip - including the POLY and Yacht club!! You have to go read it! She has some awesome pictures!!
Old 04-14-2011, 07:07 PM   #103
MEK
DIS Veteran

I really enjoyed reading all about your arrival and your first few hours on the ship. What a lovely room!

That kid's club is amazing! What the heck - I could play there all day. I am really impressed.

What a great kick-off to the start of your cruise.

Thanks for the great updates!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 04-14-2011, 07:33 PM   #104
Jump4Joy8390
DVC Owners since 2008

Hi Sheree!

I'm loving your TR so far! It's bringing back so many great memories! Congrats on the DVC add-on....I hear it's contagious! Chloe was so excited to see your video and then to read about herself when you mentioned meeting us! Makes us feel like celebrities! We really enjoyed meeting you guys, too. Hopefully, we'll meet up with you again someday....

Can't wait to check out the rest of your TR.....
2010 - Boardwalk Villas / Disney Wonder / Saratoga Springs (Feb/Mar) Kidani Village / Wilderness Lodge (Dec)
2011 - Pop Century / Vero Beach / Disney Dream / Old Key West (Mar) / Kidani Village / Port Orleans French Quarter / Saratoga Springs (Aug)
2012 - Boardwalk Villas / Disney Dream / Vero Beach / Saratoga Springs
2013 - Bay Lake Tower / Disney Fantasy / Beach Club Villas (Mar) / Coronado Springs /Jambo House / Saratoga Springs (Aug)
2014 - Art of Animation / Villas at the Grand Floridian / Disney Magic / Old Key West / Port Orleans Riverside (Mar)
/ Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs (Sep)
Old 04-14-2011, 09:44 PM   #105
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Shawna - Emma's got one going now from her summer trip - including the POLY and Yacht club!! You have to go read it! She has some awesome pictures!!
Oh good! Thanks Sheree! i will head over there and read all about it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: