Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2011, 02:23 PM   #151
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Here's a few more pictures from Blue Lagoon.

Yup, we had fun!!

We stopped in the Tortuga Rum store and picked up some rum cakes before heading back onto the ship about 2:30.

This was inside that customs building we went through on the way back to the ship.

We now have three pictures like this!

But only one like this:

I love that - Welcome Home!

We found these in our room:

It's Pirate Night!! Here's a bandana for each of us, and an invitation to the Pirate parties and fireworks!

We went up to Deck 11 to get some food where all the windows are (Flo's V8 cafe). We tried pizza, a ceasar wrap, fries, ice cream etc. OH MY, the fries were so good!!!
We tried to do the Midship Detective Agency game, but the kiosk wasn't working, so we thought we'd try some other time.
We went to the 4:00 show of Villains Tonight since we were going to Palo at 6:30 and would miss the show otherwise. It was pretty fun, sort of an odd storyline, but the guy who plays Hades (from Hercules) was HYSTERICAL!!! Having not seen Hercules, we didn't know initially who he was, nor did we recognize Pain and Panic, but we figured it out from the context. Now that I've seen the show, I could skip it if I did another short cruise, mostly so I'd have time to do other things that I didn't do this time.
After the show, we were able to get the Detective Agency Badge and did 2 parts to it. It involves running around the ship and looking for clues that are hidden in some pictures and things. It's pretty cool, and Sarah loved doing it.

We told her she could finish another time since we had someplace special to go...Dinner for two at Palo!!!!

SO we dropped the kids off at the club and told them we'd be back to get them for dinner at 8:30.

Up Next - Palo and Enchanted Garden - Two dinners???? Are you kidding me??????

Last edited by Mndisneygirl; 05-24-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:45 PM   #152
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Wow, love the update! The dolphin experience looks like so much fun! The water in Nassau is just beautiful.

Can't wait to hear about Pirate Night!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2011, 02:51 PM   #153
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

You had the same trainer that we had too! he was great and funny.

And some of your island pictures are ones I took too (and are lost on the lost card).

I had the same thoughts about Villains tonight too. I'm glad I saw it once, but I don't care if I see it again or not. That guy was really funny though. He was Claire's favorite...and he was the Genie the next night and he was good in that part too.

I love your dolphin pictures. You should email them and see if the ycan get you another CD that works. I would be mad if I couldn't get it to work after paying all that money.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:06 PM   #154
manntra
DIS Veteran

So happy that you enjoyed your time with the dolphins!! So much fun! I have many of the same pictures of the mansions and yachts on the way out to the island
Ughhh I would contact them also and see if they can send you another CD.....the excursion and the pictures aren't cheap!!
Mmmm looking forward to your Palo dinner And you have me wondering if I could eat back to back dinners

Tracy
Old 05-24-2011, 03:12 PM   #155
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Love the dolphin pictures! I can't believe Paige was scared! That has me wondering if my DD will chicken out on me. I hope not. But between the COLD water and a VERY big animal, she might. She is not very adventurous. Personally though, I can't wait! Your pictures around the island are great. Do you think it is worth hanging around for a while or just going straight back to the boat? I've seen pictures of the beach area there and it had tons of cool blow up water things (like an obstacle course in the ocean). But I haven't heard from anyone who has actually gone over to the beach area.

I'm with Jen, I'd be calling them and asking for a new CD if it didn't work!
Old 05-24-2011, 03:40 PM   #156
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Loved the pic of y'all feeling her teeth...look at Paige's little hand!! She is not even close!! yeah...she looked a little tad afraid, did she not?! Bless her heart! Love the pictures and update!!

Old 05-24-2011, 04:07 PM   #157
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Goofy in his pjs is hilarious!! Ha!

Look at all those huge mansions! Wow!

Your pictures are great Sheree! How neat to get so close to a dolphin. What an experience for sure!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 05-24-2011, 04:27 PM   #158
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Wow, the Dolphin gig looks like it was a lot of fun. I will add that to my someday wish list. OT regarding the Dolphin experience, but I wanted to say, I love your hair style. It makes you look like your entire face is smiling.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:14 PM   #159
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Great update! Your report is tempting me to book a cruise!
The dolphin encounter looks like fun. My nephews did one while they were at Harborside (the timeshare next to Atlantis). My older nephew(7) LOVED it, and the little one (2) couldn't get out of the water fast enough.

The whole detective agency thing sounds like so much fun!
Can't wait to hear about your Palo dinner.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:46 PM   #160
MEK
DIS Veteran

I love your picture, even if they are copies. All the poses are so cute and it looks like so much fun! It must cool to be that close to a dolphin. Looks like a great way to spend the morning.

Two dinners???? I sort of remember you saying you were going to do this. I can't wait to hear about dinner at Palo. I am sure it was wonderful.

Fun update. Looking forward to more.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-24-2011, 09:56 PM   #161
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

Way wicked updates Sheree!!!!! Double Thumbs up for you Girl!!!!!

Poor Paige - she looked sooo totally freaked out by that dolphin!!! I am not sure how I would do to be honest - I love me some dolphin - have even touched one - but not so sure I would enjoy being smooched by one! I will have to try it someday!!

Nassau (or at least the Blue Lagoon area) looks sooo beautiful! That Detective Agency thing sounds like something my kids would love too! Glad you guys got to try it!

Thanks again for driving over to meet me! It was sooo nice to se you again! How was your cheesecake?? What kinds did you get?? I had a piece of Key Lime and it was delish!!! Yummers to the Maxx!!!

Can't wait to hear all about your romantic dinner for 2!!!
Old 05-25-2011, 06:40 AM   #162
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hi, Sheree!!! Nice to see you back on the DIS!

Love all the dolphin pictures! What a great experience to get to hug and kiss one!!!

That Goofy!!! I think I will follow his lead and not get dressed for awhile.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:59 AM   #163
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Wow, love the update! The dolphin experience looks like so much fun! The water in Nassau is just beautiful.

Can't wait to hear about Pirate Night!
Thanks! It was a fun time - I wish it was longer, but that water was cold!! It is very pretty in some areas! Pirate Night - I hate to say it, but we did miss a good portion of the activities!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
You had the same trainer that we had too! he was great and funny.

And some of your island pictures are ones I took too (and are lost on the lost card).

I had the same thoughts about Villains tonight too. I'm glad I saw it once, but I don't care if I see it again or not. That guy was really funny though. He was Claire's favorite...and he was the Genie the next night and he was good in that part too.

I love your dolphin pictures. You should email them and see if the ycan get you another CD that works. I would be mad if I couldn't get it to work after paying all that money.
Funny that we had the same guy! If you want to copy any of my pictures, you are welcome to! I still feel bad about your lost card every time I see your TR and you say, well there WERE pictures, but they were on that card!
The guy who played Hades and Genie is definitely one of their top talents.
I might just email Blue Lagoon about the CD - but Dave put it in the DVD player and you can see the pictures just fine that way. I guess it's good that way! Maybe I'll try a different computer (PC) that works better too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
So happy that you enjoyed your time with the dolphins!! So much fun! I have many of the same pictures of the mansions and yachts on the way out to the island
Ughhh I would contact them also and see if they can send you another CD.....the excursion and the pictures aren't cheap!!
Mmmm looking forward to your Palo dinner And you have me wondering if I could eat back to back dinners

Tracy
I guess we all wanted to see how the other half lives! I wonder how much those places cost??
Well, Palo was definitely a highlight of our trip.
Now I didn't say I actually ATE two dinners, now, did I???

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Love the dolphin pictures! I can't believe Paige was scared! That has me wondering if my DD will chicken out on me. I hope not. But between the COLD water and a VERY big animal, she might. She is not very adventurous. Personally though, I can't wait! Your pictures around the island are great. Do you think it is worth hanging around for a while or just going straight back to the boat? I've seen pictures of the beach area there and it had tons of cool blow up water things (like an obstacle course in the ocean). But I haven't heard from anyone who has actually gone over to the beach area.

I'm with Jen, I'd be calling them and asking for a new CD if it didn't work!
The dolphin encounter was unanimously one of the best things about our whole vacation - even Paige says so!! I bet she will do at least some of it! I hope the water is warmer for you!!
We did look around a little since we had time to kill. I saw the beach, it looked nice enough. The inflatables area was restricted to those who had a wristband that indicated you had to pay for it. I guess it might be part of the Beach Day excursion? But we were free to go to the beach if we wanted to. I wanted to get back on the ship and do more stuff there, knowing we'd have the whole next day at Castaway Cay to enjoy beach time.
Dave reminded me last night that the photo disc worked in our DVD player, so maybe it's okay for that reason. I'd still like to get them on the computer for more backup and options for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Loved the pic of y'all feeling her teeth...look at Paige's little hand!! She is not even close!! yeah...she looked a little tad afraid, did she not?! Bless her heart! Love the pictures and update!!
She cracks me up! I doubt I will ever be able to figure that girl out. She was very brave as a baby - climbing on things, running into the street etc. She definitely has her own mind about some things. But then she's afraid of quite a bit too.
She keeps me on my toes guessing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Goofy in his pjs is hilarious!! Ha!

Look at all those huge mansions! Wow!

Your pictures are great Sheree! How neat to get so close to a dolphin. What an experience for sure!
Yeah, Goofy really is goofy! It was a fun surprise!
I've never been a person who loved or was obsessed with dolphins, but that was one of the coolest things I've ever done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
Wow, the Dolphin gig looks like it was a lot of fun. I will add that to my someday wish list. OT regarding the Dolphin experience, but I wanted to say, I love your hair style. It makes you look like your entire face is smiling.

I hope you get to try it sometime.
You are too sweet! When I read this comment, I thought, wow, what a nice thing to say! You certainly didn't have to say that, but it meant a lot. It made me really happy, so now my face really is smiling! Thank you so much for that! BTW, I need a haircut - so it sure doesn't look as good now! HA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Great update! Your report is tempting me to book a cruise!
The dolphin encounter looks like fun. My nephews did one while they were at Harborside (the timeshare next to Atlantis). My older nephew(7) LOVED it, and the little one (2) couldn't get out of the water fast enough.

The whole detective agency thing sounds like so much fun!
Can't wait to hear about your Palo dinner.
Oh - I hope you can!!! We love cruising! Although I have to say, budgets being what they are, and my strong desire to travel so much, it looks like a Disney cruise will not happen again any time soon. We're likely to book with another line (GASP!) because it's just SO much different in price! We'll be back to DCL sometime.
I think the really little kids seemed more intimidated but older ones seemed to really take it all in and have fun.
The detective thing was a neat idea - Sarah really enjoyed it.
Palo. Oh Palo. DH and I talked about it last night after he read my update. Now I really miss it. I'll try to do that update soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I love your picture, even if they are copies. All the poses are so cute and it looks like so much fun! It must cool to be that close to a dolphin. Looks like a great way to spend the morning.

Two dinners???? I sort of remember you saying you were going to do this. I can't wait to hear about dinner at Palo. I am sure it was wonderful.

Fun update. Looking forward to more.
Thanks Mary Ellen! I guess it's better than nothing, right? It was just awesome!
Well we attended dinner twice. Can't say that we actually ATE twice...
Palo is amazing!!! If you ever go on DCL, I say it is an absolute MUST DO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
Way wicked updates Sheree!!!!! Double Thumbs up for you Girl!!!!!

Poor Paige - she looked sooo totally freaked out by that dolphin!!! I am not sure how I would do to be honest - I love me some dolphin - have even touched one - but not so sure I would enjoy being smooched by one! I will have to try it someday!!

Nassau (or at least the Blue Lagoon area) looks sooo beautiful! That Detective Agency thing sounds like something my kids would love too! Glad you guys got to try it!

Thanks again for driving over to meet me! It was sooo nice to se you again! How was your cheesecake?? What kinds did you get?? I had a piece of Key Lime and it was delish!!! Yummers to the Maxx!!!

Can't wait to hear all about your romantic dinner for 2!!!
Aww, thanks Kim! Wicked is such a cool word isn't it? I had a friend in college from Cape Cod and she said wicked ALL the time!
I've said it before and I'll say it again - the dolphin encounter was GREAT! The scenery and water is just beautiful there!
I really had fun visiting with you - even for a short time! I took home a piece of Oreo and a piece of Carmel Turtle Pecan (or something like that). The Oreo was better, but both were good! I made the kids wait until I got home from work the next day, then we ate them BEFORE dinner!! Key Lime sounds good to me! I'm glad you had a good weekend!

Palo will be in the next update! Another amazing meal!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Hi, Sheree!!! Nice to see you back on the DIS!

Love all the dolphin pictures! What a great experience to get to hug and kiss one!!!

That Goofy!!! I think I will follow his lead and not get dressed for awhile.
Hi Jackie!! I've been reading a lot,but not posting much. By the time I read all my subscriptions, I'm just too tired to update! I have to do my updates first I guess! Now I should have a little more time and can get this thing moving again!
You guys should do a dolphin encounter - I bet Chelsea would LOVE it!

I guess you can just stay in your PJs! Now that school is DONE FOR YOU!!!! Lucky girl! Dare I ask if you've started packing for your trip? When do you leave again?
Old 05-25-2011, 12:13 PM   #164
Pluto_fan
DIS Veteran

Great updates, Sheree!
The dolphin encounter looks like so much fun. I'm not at all a fan of cold water, though! The water around Nassau is so beautiful. I'm looking forward to taking another Caribbean cruise someday! (DH and I went for our 5th anniversary...in 1996! Time flies!)
Disneyland Aug 2006, daytrip Mar 1989, daytrip Jun 1985, daytrip
Old 05-25-2011, 12:20 PM   #165
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

What great updates Sheree!! I have missed you!!! Loved the pictures of Blue Lagoon...just looks stunning!! WOW!!!

I cannot wait to cruise next year, I'm dying to go on one!!!!

Two dinners...with all that good food?????!!!??? Very interested in what you had and how it all turned out!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: