Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2011, 08:03 PM   #91
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

I was just at my local Wal-Mart the other day and saw that Lady & Tramp shirt! Alas, the largest size they had would still be too small for me so I didn't get one.

There are a few tees on DisneyStore.com I have my eye on... can't decide if I should wait and see if they go on sale, or go ahead and buy them!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
PixieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:02 PM   #92
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Aww, the Lady and the Tramp one is so cute!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2011, 08:23 AM   #93
02AggieGirl
DIS Veteran

I love the Cindy's glass slipper tee. I might have to check out disneyshopping myself!!

And I realized yesterday that my day for making ADRs is NOT this Tuesday, it's the next which kinda depressed me...but oh well, now I have more time to obsess over them
Old 04-15-2011, 10:06 AM   #94
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

I always have the internal "what if" struggle myself, with Disney and other things in life of course, but Disney being a major one I am sure you will be happy with whatever you go with but trust me I know that feeling and I hate trying to make decisions!!

I LOVE the shirts you got!!! I think I may check the Walmart near me to see if they have any disney shirts, good idea!
Shannon84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:45 AM   #95
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Good luck with the resort situation.

Am loving all the tees! Have not seen any with a Cinderella slipper before
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:38 AM   #96
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

I know what you mean about the practicality of the resorts, that was one of the cons for us for AKL was the transportation. But it is a beautiful resort with a lot to offer and I know you guys will have a blast staying there

Cute tees, I was looking at the Slipper one myself the other its so cute
Stefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:50 AM   #97
klacey1
DIS Veteran

LOVE the happily ever after tee!! So cute!
I understand the resort-switching dilemma-- DBF refuses to stay anywhere but the Contemporary or POR, and since I make all the other vacation decisions, I have to give him that, right? I think you'll love AKL, though! It's really beautiful!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:14 AM   #98
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Cute shirts! I really love the Cinderella one! I might look into getting one of those for the Disneymoon - I think it would be perfect!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:51 AM   #99
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
Awww, those shirts are cute!

I particularly love the glass slipper one!
Thanks! I love the glass slipper one the most!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
Nice shirts! I love Lady & the Tramp!
Thanks, isn't it adorable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieMama View Post
I was just at my local Wal-Mart the other day and saw that Lady & Tramp shirt! Alas, the largest size they had would still be too small for me so I didn't get one.

There are a few tees on DisneyStore.com I have my eye on... can't decide if I should wait and see if they go on sale, or go ahead and buy them!
LOL...I actually got a size smaller than what I would need now, figuring it would motivate my weight loss attempt! I think those shirts at Wal Mart run small!

The one thing about DisneyStore.com is it seems like something will be there one day, and the next, it's gone. I don't know if things sell out really quickly or what, but I know there have been shirts I've wanted and waited to buy, and then all the sudden they were gone! They have a pretty decent sale on the graphic tees right now, 2/$24!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Aww, the Lady and the Tramp one is so cute!
Thanks! The only thing I don't like about it is it's not a v-neck, but I guess I'll live!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02AggieGirl View Post
I love the Cindy's glass slipper tee. I might have to check out disneyshopping myself!!

And I realized yesterday that my day for making ADRs is NOT this Tuesday, it's the next which kinda depressed me...but oh well, now I have more time to obsess over them
Definitely go check it out, they have such cute shirts! There is a Bambi one I really want, and pirate shirt that I love too!

Oh, you have to wait another week for ADR's? That's disappointing, but like you said, more time to obsess and change things around!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:58 AM   #100
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
I always have the internal "what if" struggle myself, with Disney and other things in life of course, but Disney being a major one I am sure you will be happy with whatever you go with but trust me I know that feeling and I hate trying to make decisions!!

I LOVE the shirts you got!!! I think I may check the Walmart near me to see if they have any disney shirts, good idea!
LOL...I always have that struggle with Disney! I'm not even sure I could change resorts this late, with the pin I used, but if room discounts come out for that time later in the year, I'm going to be really tempted...

They have a lot of Disney shirts at Walmart right now! They have a really cute Flounder one that I almost bought, but I went with Lady instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Good luck with the resort situation.

Am loving all the tees! Have not seen any with a Cinderella slipper before
Thanks! I haven't seen any with the glass slipper either, which is why I HAD to have it! I just kind of wish it wasn't gray! It seems like every Disney shirt I have is gray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
I know what you mean about the practicality of the resorts, that was one of the cons for us for AKL was the transportation. But it is a beautiful resort with a lot to offer and I know you guys will have a blast staying there

Cute tees, I was looking at the Slipper one myself the other its so cute
I know I will be happy at AKL, I mean, I really did fall in love with it when we visited! It just doesn't seem to make sense to stay there during Food and Wine and when we will most likely be going to 2 MNSSHP's! But I mentioned staying somewhere else to my DH this morning, and he got kind of upset, he REALLY wants to stay there! So I guess that's where we will be staying! It's fine, I do want to stay there, I just wish it was closer to everything!

I love the glass slipper tee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
LOVE the happily ever after tee!! So cute!
I understand the resort-switching dilemma-- DBF refuses to stay anywhere but the Contemporary or POR, and since I make all the other vacation decisions, I have to give him that, right? I think you'll love AKL, though! It's really beautiful!
Thanks! LOL, that's kind of how I feel with letting my DH pick AKL, he goes along with pretty much everything I plan in the vacation with no complaining, so I figure he can pick the resort this one time! Although, he loved WL and BC so I think if I really pushed, he would say yes to changing, but I don't want to be a selfish brat! And AKL is SO beautiful, I know I will love it! Have you stayed there before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
Cute shirts! I really love the Cinderella one! I might look into getting one of those for the Disneymoon - I think it would be perfect!
OMG yes, you should definitely get the glass slipper shirt for your Disneymoon, it would be perfect!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 04-16-2011, 06:39 PM   #101
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I'm here! I haven't been on in a few weeks, so I had to get caught up with everything.

I'm totally there on a weight loss journey. I seem to constantly be on one of my own. You can do anything you put your mind to, and WW is a great program.

You guys are actually leaving the day that I arrive.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:53 PM   #102
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

After I saw the pics of your shirts I just had to check out Walmart.

I went to 2 different ones with no luck! One Walmart had absolutely NOTHING in the way of Disney shirts. The other Walmart had 2 shirts (a Grumpy and a Mickey) in the plus size dept but the smallest was a 3X which would be too big. They also had a cute Mickey and Tinkerbell in the Juniors dept. The largest size was an XXL which MIGHT have covered the right half of my body....NOT! UGH! Oh well...I guess I will keep looking other places. I might just have to make a trip to the Disney store!

************************************************** ****************************************
June 1984:Offsite - June 1986:Offsite - July 1989:Contemporary - August 1992:Dixie Landings - June/July 2006:Offsite -
October 2011:All-Star Movies - October 2013:Bay Lake Tower(Lake View) - February 2014:Old Key West
Pixiedust530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:57 AM   #103
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I'm here! I haven't been on in a few weeks, so I had to get caught up with everything.

I'm totally there on a weight loss journey. I seem to constantly be on one of my own. You can do anything you put your mind to, and WW is a great program.

You guys are actually leaving the day that I arrive.
I was wondering where you have been!

WW is a great program, I hope I lose a decent amount of weight before we go! I'd at least like to be the size I was in 2008...ugh, I remember thinking I was so huge during that trip, and looking back at the whole 4 pictures I let myself be in, I really wasn't that huge! Not compared to now!

That figures, we're leaving when you get here! I wanted to go later in the month, but I have to work with the pin code I got!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust530 View Post
After I saw the pics of your shirts I just had to check out Walmart.

I went to 2 different ones with no luck! One Walmart had absolutely NOTHING in the way of Disney shirts. The other Walmart had 2 shirts (a Grumpy and a Mickey) in the plus size dept but the smallest was a 3X which would be too big. They also had a cute Mickey and Tinkerbell in the Juniors dept. The largest size was an XXL which MIGHT have covered the right half of my body....NOT! UGH! Oh well...I guess I will keep looking other places. I might just have to make a trip to the Disney store!
I can't believe they didn't have any Disney shirts! I'm not sure if the ones I got are from the junior's department, they might be, like I said, they run kind of small. If I was going on my trip tomorrow, there's no way I'd fit into that Lady and the Tramp shirt! So I better lose a lot of weight so I can wear it! I already know which day I want to wear it!

Old 04-17-2011, 11:18 AM   #104
lemonsours
Mouseketeer

Hi, I am following you over from the October thread, couldn't resist your title!
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
When, Where, and Why!
First, the dates for this trip...Friday September 30-Saturday October 8! Originally Brandon said he didn't want to do a trip that long again, but...well, I guess he got sick of listening to me whine about how we wouldn't have enough time if we did Sunday to Saturday like he wanted, so he gave in!

I actually wanted to go later in the month, the 3rd of 4th week of October, but we ended up getting a fantastic pin code for room discounts, and the 2nd and 3rd weeks were blacked out, and the 4th week didn't cover all of the days. So the first week of October it is! I'm prepared for it to be hot, but I hope it's not too horrible...
Same dates as us! We will be there 9/29-10/8 at CBR. We booked under the FD pin last fall, and had to start on 9/29 to qualify. We were there the same time in 2007 and loved the low crowds and weather.

Quote:
[
We picked October mainly for 2 reasons:

1. The Food and Wine festival!

We were lucky enough to be there for the last weekend of F&W in November and we loved it! There's no other time of the year in Disney that you can get a Parisian Cosmo slush!

2. Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!

We've been to WDW during the Christmas season twice, and it only makes sense to check out the Halloween party, finally! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to miss the World during the Holidays this year, but I have wanted to go to MNSSHP for a while, so why not! I can't wait to see Hallowishes, the villains, and hopefully dress up! I keep hearing that MNSSHP is better than the Christmas party, so I'm excited to compare the two!

I know this trip is still really far away, but with the combination of AKL, MNSSHP and the Food and Wine festival, I'm already so excited for it, I can't wait to try all of these new things! I don't know how I'm gonna make it til October!

I can't wait for F&W and MNSSHP too. We are trying to figure out costumes. Thinking about DD6 as Tinkerbell, DS2 as Peter Pan, DH as Captain Hook, and me as Wendy.

Quote:
Losing Weight for Mickey (and myself!)

Last year, I was trying to eat sensibly and exercise, and one week I'd lose 3 pounds, and the next week I'd gain 2 back. I know that can work for a lot of people, but I need more structure. I don't like counting every little calorie I eat, so I've decided to do the only thing that has ever worked for me, which is Weight Watchers! I have all of the materials, so I'm going to do the old program for now, and then maybe I'll rejoin again online and try the new program, but I've read the new program just doesn't work as well as the old. Does anyone have any experience with this?
I know the feeling. I lost 50 lbs last year, and I've gained back 10. I'm stopping it now, though. I've never tried WW, I find it easier to track the straight nutritional info than to figure out points. I use www.sparkpeople.com to track food and exercise, and there are lots of different support groups there, too.

Quote:
As for exercising...well, I hate it! I have an elliptical machine in my house, and every second that I'm on that thing, I'm convincing myself to get off of it! If I don't find something I enjoy doing, I won't stick with it. I was going to Zumba classes last year, which I loved, but they were SO expensive I had to stop going, so I might order the DVD's you always see on TV! And I do like to walk, so when it gets a little warmer, I'm going to start going for walks on my break at work. I'd also like to complete the Couch to 5K program this year! Do you guys have a favorite exercise? ?
I love to Zumba too, but you are right, it does get expensive. If you get the DVD's let us know how you like them. I love to listen to music on the treadmill/elliptical, rather than watch tv. It helps me push harder when an upbeat song that I love comes on. I belong to Curves, so I get strenght training/cardio there too. And the social aspect keeps it interesting.

Quote:
I hope you guys don't mind that I'm mixing in weight loss stuff with Disney planning! For me, it kind of goes hand in hand, I'm so tired of being overweight at Disney World! And I'm probably going to need to wear shorts this year, since it's gonna be hotter than I'm used to!
I think this is a great way to do it! Also, I'm on the September thread too, and they started a seperate weight loss thread you might be interested in checking out: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2680539
It's kind of slow right now, but it goes in spurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
That would be the perfect Disneymoon shirt!

Marce
October 2007 CSR

lemonsours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:00 PM   #105
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

I went to the Disney Store this weekend, too and almost got that Alice in Wonderland shirt. I managed to resist that time, but I'm sure it'll still be there next time.

I think all the resorts you mentioned sound great. Whichever ones you don't stay at this time will just be another reason to go back.
PirateKate is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: