Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2011, 01:10 PM   #16
amyrella
Mouseketeer

I I lurk on your tr a lot but letting u know I'm here!!!

Last edited by amyrella; 04-05-2011 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Dang iPhone autospell
amyrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:43 PM   #17
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

Great start! Can't wait for more!
PirateKate is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2011, 05:50 PM   #18
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Yay on starting your PTR! Have been keeping an eye out for it lol!

Looking forward to reading all about your ADRs and other plans

Edit: And I'm finally first on one!!!
Yay, so glad you're here, and first! I never get to be first on TR's/PTR's either, so I was excited the other day when I was first on Joni's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I'm here and I bet the next few months are going to go very, very fast. It's wonderful that you are getting to experience Disney in so many different seasons. Definitely take advantage of the different seasons before you have kids and you are stuck going during the summer and during school breaks.

Great pictures to kick it off!
So happy you're here! I hope you're right, I hope the next few months fly by! I love going to Disney different times of the year, and you're right, when I have kids, I won't be able to go during any of the low crowd times anymore! Although, by the time I have kids, there might not be any times where the crowds are low anymore! I kind of want to go during the summer, or a peak time, just to go to the parks late! MK til 3 in the mornings sounds awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
I'm here!!!!

Can't wait to see all of the details The trip will be here before you know it. Now the question is..how many times will I go to WDW before you go back..right now I'm at 2 and counting!!!
Woo hoo!!!

LOL...I'm so jealous of all the times you get to go to WDW during the year! I thought going twice in one year was good! I'm just glad I don't have to wait til November this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
I'm here! I'm here! I LOVE your title! It's perfect! I can't
wait to read all about it!!
Yay, I'm so glad we both have PTR's again!!! Glad you like my title, it's the best I could do without driving myself crazy! More trip details will be coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
I feel the exact same way!

AGREE!!

You think that's bad?? When we go in October, it will be 16 months since our last trip!!! That's REALLY bad! that's the longest I've had between trips since 2006. Totally stinks! But I'm planning on getting APs so there will be at least 2 more trips within the year.

Anyway, soooo glad you started your PTR, LOVE the title, and I'm excited to countdown together!!
Isn't Epcot the BEST! Especially World Showcase...I could spend days in WS and be perfectly happy!

Wow, I don't know if I could go 16 months between trips! I'm thinking of trying to convince Brandon to get AP's also! He keeps saying no more Disney next year, but if we already have the tickets, how could we NOT go, at least in May for our anniversary!

I keep checking for 'Ohana my first night...still nothing!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:59 PM   #19
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegrumpy View Post
I so want my trip here now. subbing.
Yay, , thanks for joining! I know what you mean, I'm SO ready for my trip, and it's months away!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
I'm here, I'm here!

Love the title you ended up going with!

Soooooo excited to follow along as you plan for an October trip (now my #1 WDW goal)!
Woo hoo, ! Glad you liked the title, I wasn't sure about it at first, but whatever, it's just a title! I was seriously stressing about it for a while!

LOL, you definitely have to get to WDW for Food and Wine! I'm a little nervous about October weather, I hope it's not TOO hot, but other than that, I'm so excited to go at this time of year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
Joining in. I am so jealous you get to go in October. That is the one month I really want to make it to WDW.

I am already starting to feel a bit guilty about pulling Caitlin out of school again this year, so I doubt I'll ever make it there in Oct. I'll be stuck going in August or April

Losing weight sucks. I have been on WW for two weeks and all of the sudden I felt the need to eat everything today. I told John I was starving and wanted to eat everything and Caitlin comes running in the room and said "What did you stuff your face with today, MOMMY?" I really need to watch what I say around that kid. She's going to go to school and tell people her mother sits around all day and stuffs her face with everything in site.
Why don't you just get some AP's in May and go for a long weekend over Columbus day? Or, go the weekend before for Rosh Hashana, I'm sure Caitlin has that day off from school, do Thursday to Sunday, you could do MNSSHP and the first weekend of Food and Wine...and we will be there that weekend, so we could all do stuff together, and I could take Caitlin for a day...just an idea...

If I don't lose a significant amount of weight for this trip, I'm canceling it! Well, I wouldn't do that, but I'm sick of seeing myself in pictures looking terrible! I want to join WW again, but I'm nervous about the new program, I read reviews of it, and it doesn't sound that great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
I'm in!
Yay! You need to get on the DIS more often!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Woohoo for a new PTR!

Next year I'll most likely be heading to Disney in April because my family's going and then again in May for my Disneymoon. Having to wait a LONG time before going again is going to be pretty difficult! Going to get so spoiled!
Yay, so happy you're here!

Wow, you're going to Disney 2 months in a row??? If I got to do that, I would be the happiest person alive...except for when I came home after the 2nd trip and realized I wasn't going a 3rd month in a row!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 04-05-2011, 06:06 PM   #20
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
I jumped over when I saw you posted on Kathy's thread...cound me in! Are we going the same time? Oct 20-30 for us......
Woo hoo, ! I wish I was going when you are, but I'm going earlier in the month! I wanted to go later in the month, but I had to go the dates that my pin code covered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Hey Jen, I'm here!
Yay, so glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaileighbug View Post
Okay I am here. I really enjoyed reading your TR so I figure this should be just as good.....
Thanks for joining, so glad you liked my TR! Sometimes I wondered about it, it seemed so boring at times! But I had fun writing it! And I like writing PTR's ever more, for some reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenneth79 View Post
Hello Jen, from (another!) Jen!

Absolutely LOVE your title, can't wait to hear more!
, hi Jen, thanks for joining! I actually started reading your PTR at work today on my phone, I have to stop by and join! Yay, so happy you like my title, I wasn't sure if it was ok or not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyrella View Post
I I lurk on your tr a lot but letting u know I'm here!!!
, so happy to have you here! And thank you for reading my TR! I lurk on a few myself, I don't know why there are some I join, and some I just lurk on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKate View Post
Great start! Can't wait for more!
Yay, glad you made it here! I wish you would do a PTR for your October trip too, but I know you're focusing on your May trip now!

Old 04-05-2011, 06:31 PM   #21
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Well, my computer is currently in the shop I'm using my mom's laptop right now (which is actually my old one with a new hard drive), since I'm working on their taxes.

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:13 PM   #22
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Yippie another TR Count me in!!!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:40 PM   #23
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Popping in to say hi! Enjoyed your beginning and looking forward to more.

My family (me, DH, and our 2 DDs) has been to WDW twice... once in 2007 and then in 2010. 3 years between trips! And we weren't even planning on going last year, it just sort of happened, LOL!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
PixieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:56 PM   #24
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

I was so excited to see you had started your PTR! I am so ready to follow along with your planning again! I love the title that you chose!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:39 AM   #25
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

I'm in popcorn: Love Disney in Sept/Oct, Halloween is so much fun to celebrate at Disney
Stefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #26
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I kind of want to go during the summer, or a peak time, just to go to the parks late! MK til 3 in the mornings sounds awesome!
That is one cool thing about going in June or July. You can sleep late, hang by the pool in the afternoon, and THEN go into the MK at 4pm and still get at least 8 hours or more in there. It's a great way to not get annoyed by the heat and crowds.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:57 PM   #27
jenneth79
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is one cool thing about going in June or July. You can sleep late, hang by the pool in the afternoon, and THEN go into the MK at 4pm and still get at least 8 hours or more in there. It's a great way to not get annoyed by the heat and crowds.
That is a great point that I haven't thought of before! We went a lot as a kid in the summer, but they weren't doing the extended hours back then. Maybe next year we'll brave the crowds so I can stay up late and party in the parks!

....of course by then I will be "too old to do that kind of thing anymore" and in bed by 10.
jenneth79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #28
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
Well, my computer is currently in the shop I'm using my mom's laptop right now (which is actually my old one with a new hard drive), since I'm working on their taxes.
Well, ok, I suppose that's an acceptable excuse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Yippie another TR Count me in!!!
Yay, so happy you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieMama View Post
Popping in to say hi! Enjoyed your beginning and looking forward to more.

My family (me, DH, and our 2 DDs) has been to WDW twice... once in 2007 and then in 2010. 3 years between trips! And we weren't even planning on going last year, it just sort of happened, LOL!
Thanks for stopping by!

Ugh, isn't waiting for trips the worst?? I don't think I could go 3 years with no Disney, I'd probably lose my mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
I was so excited to see you had started your PTR! I am so ready to follow along with your planning again! I love the title that you chose!
Woo hoo, glad you made it over! I'm so happy you like the title, I had such a hard time with this one!

Old 04-06-2011, 05:23 PM   #29
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
I'm in popcorn: Love Disney in Sept/Oct, Halloween is so much fun to celebrate at Disney
So glad you're here! I can't WAIT to be at Disney for Halloween, I know I'm going to love it!

Quote:
That sounds awesome! I hate the heat, but I can deal with crowds! I mean, I'd rather not, but I really want to go during a peak time to go to the parks late! And your way sounds awesome, just hang out at the pool all day and go to the parks at night! I like the parks at night better anyway, so that works out!

I'm thinking of an anniversary trip in May next year, but now, maybe I'll see if June might be better...who knows, this trip isn't definite, it's just being talked about for now, but that would be awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenneth79 View Post
That is a great point that I haven't thought of before! We went a lot as a kid in the summer, but they weren't doing the extended hours back then. Maybe next year we'll brave the crowds so I can stay up late and party in the parks!

....of course by then I will be "too old to do that kind of thing anymore" and in bed by 10.
Isn't that such a great idea, I so want to go during the summer or April vacation now! I always went during the summer when I was a kid too, but I don't remember staying very late, we stayed to watch the fireworks and that was it!

Old 04-06-2011, 06:01 PM   #30
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

When, Where, and Why!

Ugh...so I just realized that I never left a spot for chapter links at the beginning of this PTR! So I guess I will just have to add them to my intro post as I go along! Anyway, I thought it was time to do my first update, so here we go!

First, the dates for this trip...Friday September 30-Saturday October 8! Originally Brandon said he didn't want to do a trip that long again, but...well, I guess he got sick of listening to me whine about how we wouldn't have enough time if we did Sunday to Saturday like he wanted, so he gave in!

I actually wanted to go later in the month, the 3rd of 4th week of October, but we ended up getting a fantastic pin code for room discounts, and the 2nd and 3rd weeks were blacked out, and the 4th week didn't cover all of the days. So the first week of October it is! I'm prepared for it to be hot, but I hope it's not too horrible...

Next...where are we staying? Well, if you read my TR from November, you will know that we are FINALLY staying at

I've wanted to stay here for a while, but the location always made me a little nervous...it's just so far from everything! But, we rent a car, so we don't rely on buses, and if I don't stay here now, I never will!

There was actually a brief period a couple of months ago where I changed our reservation to the Beach Club...! But Brandon talked me into changing back to AKL, after we had breakfast at Boma in November, he was kind of set on staying there, he really liked it! And I like it too, I really fell in love with the place, walking around after breakfast, it just looks so peaceful! And I think the rooms are beautiful!

We have a pool view booked

which I'm fine with, but I wouldn't say no to a Savanna room upgrade!

Finally...why are we going? Well, apparently, I can't go too long without a Disney trip in my future. I started asking Brandon if we could go in October while we were there this past November and I never got a straight answer, but I never got a NO either, so I took that as a good sign! We also played around with the idea of a short trip in May for our anniversary, then a weeklong trip in December to go to Disneyland, but that didn't last too long!

We picked October mainly for 2 reasons:

1. The Food and Wine festival!

We were lucky enough to be there for the last weekend of F&W in November and we loved it! There's no other time of the year in Disney that you can get a Parisian Cosmo slush!

2. Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!

We've been to WDW during the Christmas season twice, and it only makes sense to check out the Halloween party, finally! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to miss the World during the Holidays this year, but I have wanted to go to MNSSHP for a while, so why not! I can't wait to see Hallowishes, the villains, and hopefully dress up! I keep hearing that MNSSHP is better than the Christmas party, so I'm excited to compare the two!

I know this trip is still really far away, but with the combination of AKL, MNSSHP and the Food and Wine festival, I'm already so excited for it, I can't wait to try all of these new things! I don't know how I'm gonna make it til October!

Up next...my weight loss plans for my trip (and life in general, really!)

(pics borrowed from allears.net, and a couple are mine from Food and Wine!)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: