Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
kermit116
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy."

Restaurant.com gift cards

After listening to the podcast from last week I decided to check out the gift cards for the S&D restaurants on restaurants.com. I noticed that the gift cards for Bluezoo say "minimum 2 entrees" for a $25 gift card. Has anyone used these? Does this mean if I try to use two $25 gift cards to pay for dinner I'd have to have 4 entrees on the check?

Also, generally speaking, have people had good luck using these discounted restaurant.com gift cards at the S&D restaurants? I've used similar gift card deals in my hometown with very mixed success - based on my experience there's often some additional "catch" that they don't tell you about when you buy the card(s) - like you can only use one gift card per visit. Thoughts?
kermit116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:19 PM   #2
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermit116 View Post
After listening to the podcast from last week I decided to check out the gift cards for the S&D restaurants on restaurants.com. I noticed that the gift cards for Bluezoo say "minimum 2 entrees" for a $25 gift card. Has anyone used these? Does this mean if I try to use two $25 gift cards to pay for dinner I'd have to have 4 entrees on the check?

Also, generally speaking, have people had good luck using these discounted restaurant.com gift cards at the S&D restaurants? I've used similar gift card deals in my hometown with very mixed success - based on my experience there's often some additional "catch" that they don't tell you about when you buy the card(s) - like you can only use one gift card per visit. Thoughts?
I've never had a problem with Restaurant.com gift certs, but read the fine print, I think every one I've ever gotten has said only one per table. Not even one per check, like if you had seperate checks, you could use one for each. Some restaurants will let you use one for each check, but the more expensive places enforce one gift cert. per table. So basically, yes, if it says one gift cert per 2 enterees, they you would have to order 4 entrees to use 2gift certs.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:32 AM   #3
Yvet
♫ She is a dancing queen ♪ One of the Netherpeople
Has quite a unique FE

As far as i know you can't use 2 giftcards.
There is a maximum of 1 giftcard per month....

Upcomming Trip:
WDW: May 9th 2013
DCL: May 18th EBTA

Previous Trips:
ABD: 2011 (Backstage Magic)
DCL: 2008 (Western) - 2009 (PCC1.0) - 2010 (EBTA, MED, PCC2.0) - 2012 (PCC3.0, PCC4.0)
DL, 2000 - 2006 - 2011.
DLRP, 1995 - 1996 - 2002 - 2003 - 2007 - 2008 - 2011 - 2012.
WDW, 1999 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007 - 2008 (april/may + dec) - 2009 (april/may + dec) - 2010 (april/may + dec) - 2011 (april/may + dec) - 2012 (June + Dec).
Yvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:09 AM   #4
loganpaulsmom
DIS Veteran

What the above posters say it true.. I have one for my dinner at Il Mulino.. $25 I can only use it 1 time (obviously) the tip is added to the bill before the discount (i think) and there has to be 2 entree's..
I wanted a $50 certificate.. But they are not offered for Il mulino or bluezoo..
loganpaulsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:08 AM   #5
mrzrich
DIS Veteran

Agreeing with Yvet. You can only use 1 restaurant.com certificate per month, per restaurant. In other words, you can use a certificate every single day at different restaurants, but you can not return to the same restaurant and try to use a certificate in that same month.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #6
linnell
DIS Veteran

Think of the "gift certificates" more as coupons you pay for. There is fine print (days which it can be used, minimum purchased, one per party... I've even seen one per user per month!)

linnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:11 AM   #7
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnell View Post
Think of the "gift certificates" more as coupons you pay for. There is fine print (days which it can be used, minimum purchased, one per party... I've even seen one per user per month!)
Exactly, they are more like coupons than gift certificates/gift cards.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:28 AM   #8
kermit116
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy."

Awesome - thanks for all the info!
kermit116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:19 AM   #9
ImTooExcitedToSleep
Disneyland Correspondent for The DIS UnpluggedI'll try to pop in later
Doh! Yeah, that one

By the way, the current promo code is PLATE. That will get you 70% off the cost of the certificate.
ImTooExcitedToSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:38 AM   #10
parrotheadlois
DIS Veteran

We've already purchased Restaurant.com certificates for use in October. The sale was so good, they were worth buying even if we don't use one or two. Like today $25 gift certificates for $3 - how can you go wrong!

For example: A $25 dollar gift cert at Blue Zoo for regular price of $10, today is 70% off = $3 for $25 worth of food!

Limitations:

Minimum 2 entrees. 18% Gratuity added prior to discount. Not valid during Special Events. One certificate per table. Childrens menu not valid towards 2 entree minimum.

Special Events might be the Food & Wine event at the Swan/Dolphin, I don't know, but we'll be arriving before then.

Same thing at Kimonos, their limitations:

Minimum purchase of $35. 18% Gratuity added prior to discount. Valid for Food ONLY. Not valid during Special Events. One certificate per table.

It is one per table so if 2 couples are out and both have gift certs, they can only use one - maybe mention it to the server first and see what he/she says. If you're getting separate bills - maybe they'd take two. I don't know, we've never done it.

http://www.restaurant.com/rdc_site2....34&image1.y=9&

Tags
discount, gift card, podcast, restaurant.com

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: