Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2011, 03:30 PM   #76
cindyland
Mouseketeer

We were there at the same time too!

It seemed like every single time we went to Epcot it rained, so on the really fun rainy extra windy day (Thursday) we went over to DHS. DD9 refused to go on Tower of Terror because it was just a little too realistic for her, but we did find most of the characters in the Animation Building which was a wonderful treat! Not pleased with the weather, but we were still at Disney so it wasn't that bad!

Waiting for an update...

Old 04-07-2011, 05:03 PM   #77
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Mmmm I've only been to Chick Fil A once in my whole life, but it was SO good! I always forget there is one at MCO!

OKW looks really pretty, the beds seem really comfy!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2011, 07:13 PM   #79
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

nice update!! I stayed in building 63 when I stayed there which is next to where yours was! We had a pretty good view of the golf course and our side view was of the main building and the one that you stayed in! The new rooms look pretty nice. I have to admit the old ones just looked worn down
Old 04-07-2011, 07:40 PM   #80
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

OKW! I can't wait to be hearing "Welcome Home!" when we're there in June! Ahhh you just got me even more excited! The room looks so nice...I think I'll request a 2nd floor room because I want a balcony!

Can't wait to hear what you guys did for the rest of the evening!
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 04-07-2011, 08:31 PM   #81
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

I live in Georgia... I can't imagine not having access to Chickfila! I love it! Looking forward to the rest of your TR
Old 04-07-2011, 10:02 PM   #82
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Yum, I could totally have some of those waffle fries now! Did you dip your chicken in anything? I have to dip everything!

Your video was great! I totally would've stopped recording as well; the girl turning around would've caused that immediate reaction!
No, we didn't get any type of sauce. I'm not too big on dipping-yes, I am boring. haha

She just kind of creeped me out turning around like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
The "Welcome Home" balloons are too cute! I'm glad checkin went smoothly and you were pleased with the room!

Looking forward to more
Yeah, it was nice to check in so quickly AND get a room close to the main building which is what we requested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I'm hungry now thanks I've not really checked out the airport before, ( I guess I'm just too excited to be going onto Disney)but now it's my new mission.
Your room and DVC are beautiful.
LOL! It's just so weird to me because the Orlando airport and Mitchell are SO different. But I guess when you have all those "world class attractions" and people need souvenirs you get lots of shops and lots of places to eat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Oh, I love the 'Welcome Home' spelled out in balloons. I remember the one time I stayed at OKW there was a CM in there making balloon animals for all the kids, Jared was with me, he got a sword - typical boy, huh?

I didn't like the fact that the sink was in the bathroom myself. I was staying with a DIS friend and it made it kind of a pain for us to get ready in the mornings!
Yeah, if we could pick I would prefer to have the sink outside the bathroom because it is nice to be able to get ready at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollybearsmom View Post
I'm reading along
Woo hoo, thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonders10 View Post
Hey Sarah!

I'm here...just saw that you started your TR. I can't see the pictures at work, but from what I've read, it seems you're off to a good start!

You are the second DISer that I've heard making a special trip to eat Chick Fil A. It is good, but I think its so funny since they are everywhere here. But I get it...

Rain? Rain is an understatement. Although I only had to deal with 1 day of it (but my trip was shorter than yours too).

Can't wait to see the pics when I get home and hear about the rest of your trip!
Hey! Hope you got to see the pictures. There weren't too many but there are plenty more to come!

I am so bummed we don't have any CFA's around here anymore.

LOL, that rain was something else, wasn't it? I just hope I never have to deal with that again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Yum Chick-Fil-A!! I love their food, but rarely get to eat there because ds17 is allergic to peanuts and they cook in peanut oil. Those nuggets look very inviting!

Good to know about the balloons. DS17 is also allergic to latex too. So if we ever stayed there he'd have to stay out of the lobby. Were there people carrying these balloons all over the resort? (He's had problems at Epcot from balloons at guest services.) We've stayed at SSR 3 times, I guess I'm glad I chose over there for his sake.
Ahh, the nuggets are SO good! Definitely the best out of all the fast food places.
i
I wouldn't say there were people carrying the balloons all around. The thing about OKW is that it's SO big and it just didn't seem all that crowded to us. Very peaceful. There was one time when we were in the main building and a father brought his 2 kids up to get those balloons. So some people do have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Wah.......... OKW! Can you tell I'm missing it?! I always get so excited seeing the DVC Tower!

Aren't those WELCOME HOME balloons so cute?!

Yay for a 2nd floor room! It is nice to have a balcony. And yay for being so close to the Hospitality House! While we've never really been that close, we don't mind. We actually like being back in the Resort because it's more quiet.

Good thing you weren't too close to the golf course...or your sis might yell out "FORE!" while you're taking a picture!
I hear ya! I did think of you though when we were there since you always stay there. I really liked it and am glad we finally got to try it out!

See, I felt the whole resort was quiet! I don't know if it was just a slow week there or what but every time we were on the buses there was nobody on them! Unless people drive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridora View Post
I would be excited to have a balcony, too! There's just something about a balcony that's relaxing; a perfect place to sit and have a cup of coffee or something...
I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKate View Post
OKW looks really nice! I've never been there, but maybe someday. I think I'd take the sink being in the bathroom to get two real beds and not have to sleep on a pullout.
Since my goal is to stay at all the DVC resorts I jumped at the opportunity to stay at OKW. I'd definitely stay there again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyrella View Post
So I didn't realize you had updated!!!

I like getting up early the morning we leave also! Our flight is at 630 Am!! I really hope my 4 yr old can hAndle that!! I'm not sure if I would be able to wait around for that flight! I'd be super impatient!

I love the balloon sign! Maybe somedAy I'll invest in DVc but right now I have to aim for a house!!
Wow, 6:30! That is really early!

DVC is so worth it if you can do it. I'm just glad my dad owns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0727 View Post
I think MCO is my only chance of ever getting to try Chick-Fil-A. Problem is as soon as we get off the flight I'm always zooming through the airport anxious to get to ME

Haha that lady kept sorta looking behind her shoulder throughout your video.

Aww I miss OKW! I agree, their room was so spacious and comfy!
haha, well next time try to make it to Chick-Fil-A! It's fun to eat while you're waiting for and/or on the bus.

I kind of wished I could just live there it was such a nice room.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 04-07-2011, 10:07 PM   #83
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyland View Post
It seemed like every single time we went to Epcot it rained, so on the really fun rainy extra windy day (Thursday) we went over to DHS. DD9 refused to go on Tower of Terror because it was just a little too realistic for her, but we did find most of the characters in the Animation Building which was a wonderful treat! Not pleased with the weather, but we were still at Disney so it wasn't that bad!

Waiting for an update...
It seemed we had a lot of rain at Epcot too which was kind of a bummer because I was looking forward to seeing all the flowers for the F&GF. We did end up going back on Friday when it was beautiful. You could tell the park was much busier because the weather was so nice! Hoping to have another update tomorrow! Glad you are enjoying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Mmmm I've only been to Chick Fil A once in my whole life, but it was SO good! I always forget there is one at MCO!

OKW looks really pretty, the beds seem really comfy!
Ahh, how do you forget?! Keep reading my TRs and you won't forget anymore. Is the tag fairy still around? I should get a tag about always eating at Chick-Fil-A...everyone knows we do it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Oh your room looks so nice! I love a balcony too...it really is the best to sit out there in the morning when everyone else is getting ready...I love it!!!
One more reason to love DVC. Nice resorts and nice rooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
nice update!! I stayed in building 63 when I stayed there which is next to where yours was! We had a pretty good view of the golf course and our side view was of the main building and the one that you stayed in! The new rooms look pretty nice. I have to admit the old ones just looked worn down
Ooh, really? I vaguely remember seeing something about the rooms being redone. Are they all redone? Or are some still old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
OKW! I can't wait to be hearing "Welcome Home!" when we're there in June! Ahhh you just got me even more excited! The room looks so nice...I think I'll request a 2nd floor room because I want a balcony!

Can't wait to hear what you guys did for the rest of the evening!
Your trip will be here soon! I'm sure you guys will love OKW.

Stay tuned for more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm2two View Post
I live in Georgia... I can't imagine not having access to Chickfila! I love it! Looking forward to the rest of your TR
Yes, it does suck not having any Chick-Fil-As here. We used to have one at a mall around here but that mall closed years ago. It is very very sad. That's why whenever we go somewhere with CFA we have to eat there.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 04-07-2011, 10:12 PM   #84
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

wdwgirl03...

you can get cfa in racine. right at the big racine mall. south east end.
i drive up there occassionally as it is closer for me to go there than to go to orlando........

Old 04-07-2011, 11:01 PM   #85
cbg1027
I knew I had converted him when he started pointing out hidden Mickeys to me!

I love the balloons at the OKW check-in! That was cute.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:45 PM   #86
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Hi Sarah,
Welcome back. Just read your first few posts, sounds like a great day to leave WI. We came back from our spring training trip that day, can't say I loved seeing snow again. I know just how your Dad feels, never enough trips to WDW.
Love the picture of Chick fil A, yummy stuff. What is your favorite sauce for dipping? (oops just read a more recent post, you should try the Chick fil A sauce it really is good. Now you know I just read your TR posts, not all the comments.....). Your room looks nice, I have not stayed there since the remodel. I really like the large size of the rooms at OKW. I am sure you and your sister enjoyed the extra space. And how lucky to get a room right next to the HH.
Take care,
Judy

Last edited by jwwi; 04-08-2011 at 04:47 PM. Reason: update info
Old 04-08-2011, 08:03 PM   #87
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Love the picture of Chick fil A, yummy stuff. What is your favorite sauce for dipping? (oops just read a more recent post, you should try the Chick fil A sauce it really is good. Now you know I just read your TR posts, not all the comments.....).
I like the Polynesian sauce with the nuggets AND the fries
Old 04-08-2011, 09:41 PM   #88
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
wdwgirl03...

you can get cfa in racine. right at the big racine mall. south east end.
i drive up there occassionally as it is closer for me to go there than to go to orlando........
I do think I heard that from someone I work with. We were jokingly saying we were going to drive there to get it. But now there needs to be one in Milwaukee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbg1027 View Post
I love the balloons at the OKW check-in! That was cute.
It was adorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Hi Sarah,
Welcome back. Just read your first few posts, sounds like a great day to leave WI. We came back from our spring training trip that day, can't say I loved seeing snow again. I know just how your Dad feels, never enough trips to WDW.
Love the picture of Chick fil A, yummy stuff. What is your favorite sauce for dipping? (oops just read a more recent post, you should try the Chick fil A sauce it really is good. Now you know I just read your TR posts, not all the comments.....). Your room looks nice, I have not stayed there since the remodel. I really like the large size of the rooms at OKW. I am sure you and your sister enjoyed the extra space. And how lucky to get a room right next to the HH.
Take care,
Judy
Hi Judy! So how was your spring training trip? I'm sure it was fun. Been to any Brewer games yet? We're going Sunday (though I hate going to games against the Cubs...).

OKW was nice. The room was great and we definitely enjoyed having those big beds all to ourselves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm2two View Post
I like the Polynesian sauce with the nuggets AND the fries
Ooh, what is Polynesian sauce?
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Old 04-08-2011, 10:02 PM   #89
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post

Ooh, what is Polynesian sauce?
Sweet and sour is the closest thing I can think of to describe it. I love it... it's what I always get, unless I'm trying to be healthy... it's not the healthiest
Old 04-08-2011, 10:11 PM   #90
wdwgirl03

TGIF everyone!!! Time for another update!

Saturday, March 26, 2011 cont'd (part 2)

Once we had had enough of just sitting around (we did watch a little Stacy...always gotta turn that on right away...love resort TV!) we decided to go explore the resort a little. Originally I thought about going to Downtown Disney or Port Orleans but it was later than I expected so we ended up not doing that.

As we left the room, I had to take my first picture of the resort. The buildings are just so pretty with the pastel colors and "gingerbread architecture" as they say on the bus spiels.

So nice to have this right across the road!

The first thing we did was go back to the Hospitality House because Claire noticed there was no name on her park ticket. It just said "unknown unknown." It might not have been a problem but I didn't want to get to the parks and have them say she couldn't use it, so just to be on the safe side, she ended up having her ticket transferred to her room key. Took just a couple minutes. Then we went out back to check out some of Old Key West! We saw where the boat dock was to take the ferry to DTD and then walked over toward the pool area (which sadly, we never got to use ).

As we continued walking, we passed a little playground, the tennis courts, and a sand volleyball court. But up ahead we noticed some people gathered round a campfire.

We went to check it out and turns out they were making smores!!! MMMMMM. Of course we had to stop for a treat! There were a couple recreation CMs handing out marshmallows and sticks. We each got one and started roasting our marshmallows. It was also neat because the waterway was right there so we could see the boats passing and got a nice look at some of the other buildings.

(I took this one on the way back toward the HH but since I mentioned seeing the boats...haha)

As we were roasting our marshmallows, we got some good advice from a boy who told us not to put it right in the fire otherwise it might burn. It might not look like it in the picture but I don't think Claire listened. haha Or maybe it was me who burned it...

The smores were so good we really wanted to make another one but didn't want to seem TOO greedy. But we did end up roasting another marshmallow and just split it before thanking the CMs. So that was a fun way to start the trip!

As we walked back I took a picture of the pool area.

Then we quickly stopped in the Community Hall where some kids were playing games. We might've made another visit there later in the week when the weather was less-than-ideal but that night we had to leave our mark and let everyone know we had arrived!

Before heading back to the room we also went to pick up our groceries (really just our breakfast) for the week. The nice thing about DVC is having the mini refrigerator to keep stuff in so we got a box of cereal, some milk and orange juice, and a box of mini muffins. When we checked out I also made a small donation so I could get one of the Conservation Fund buttons. I have the one from Animal Kingdom and wanted this one too.

When we got back to the room we called home and waited for our luggage to arrive. I did get a little nervous when it was almost 10:00 and it still hadn't been delivered so I called bell services. Luckily they said it was on its way. We had it within 10 minutes of that so I guess I was just impatient. Oh well.

So, with early opening at the Magic Kingdom the next day, it was off to bed to rest up for our first park visit!

up next: our first full day in Disney!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Last edited by wdwgirl03; 04-08-2011 at 10:20 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: