Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2011, 10:54 AM   #136
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Hi everyone!

Here I am being a slacker again and taking a week in between updates. And I was doing so well too. Anyway, before I do the update, we had a little bit of a Disney night last night. The Beauty and the Beast show was in town so we went to see that at the theater for my sister's birthday (sort of). It was the third Disney musical, along with The Lion King and Mary Poppins (which we actually saw on Broadway) we've seen and it didn't disappoint! I hadn't seen the movie in a loooong time, or even the BATB in Disney World, so it was fun to see again. Disney sure knows how to put on the show. Two of the best parts were the "Gaston" number and of course, "Be Our Guest." It was funny because they actually had a little bit of a malfunction at the beginning of the show...some streamers came down which were clearly meant for Be Our Guest. Oops! It was also really cute seeing all the little girls in Belle and other Disney princess dresses. Just like in WDW. So overall, it was a fun night and a great show!

Alright, now back to the TR!

Sunday, March 27, 2011 cont'd (part 2)

As I mentioned in the last update, when we were waiting in line for the speedway we could tell there weren't too many people over at the teacups. And since we'd be going that way to get over to Frontierland we decided to go for a spin (literally). At that point, there were more people but we still didn't have to wait. I always prefer to have other people on the ride. It's kind of strange when there's people on just a couple teacups. haha Claire took a couple pictures of the details:

Once we got going, we decided it would be fun to try to get another one of those "blurry teacup pictures." It didn't work out to well but they're still kind of fun.

I look like I'm raising the roof or something.

As we walked through Fantasyland we saw the signs for the expansion. Boy, when this is done Fantasyland is going to be huge. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Emma's going to have fun "seeing" the construction coming along when she's down there for the CP.

Because we usually save the rest of Fantasyland for our second MK day, we pretty much just walked right through. The only other ride we stopped for was Peter Pan because we know how popular that one is! The wait was only about 10 minutes. Such a classic. Claire also took a few pictures of the old Skyway landing. We both miss that ride.

And another random Fantasyland shot:

Sadly, I don't have too many pictures of the other things we did that morning but it really was amazing how much we were able to get done. By the time we were done with Peter Pan, it was probably a little after 9:00 and we had already done 5 rides. And the pace never really slowed down for us! The crowds just never really seemed to pick up, or get too out of control.

When we got to Frontierland, we did Splash Mountain first which was a literal walk-on. It was funny riding now with the lap bars. To complete the "triple mountain whammy" we also did Thunder Mountain. Again, really short wait-almost a walk-on.

Wanting to get all of the major attractions done, we headed toward Adventureland where we had a minor hiccup. We had hoped to do Pirates of the Caribbean but we could see there were CMs at the entrance telling people the ride was down. So it was off to the Jungle Cruise instead. (and no worries about POTC, we went back a little later and it was running then!).

Ready for your virtual ride through the Jungle Cruise?

I didn't realize my sister took so many pictures...the only one I took was of the elephants!

After the Jungle Cruise I think we might've went to see what the line was like for the Rapunzel/Flynn Rider meet and greet. It didn't seem too bad so we asked the CM what time they were waiting for. Well, it was for atleast an hour out and we weren't quite ready to wait. But we knew we'd have to wait eventually considering we really wanted to meet them and when our parents and Emma were there, Emma waited for an hour and a half I think! Still, we decided to save it for later, or another day when we could get their right away.

up next: more Magic Kingdom!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 04-16-2011, 11:37 AM   #137
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Great update! I love the pictures of the Fantasyland Expansion posters. So excited for that! I've yet to go on the Jungle Cruise so it was nice to see some pictures. I heard they are going to take down the old Skyway stations, hopefully they'll find something new to put there though I think the Skyway would be great to have rebuilt

Can't wait to here about more of your adventures!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #138
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

Now I know what that little house is for in Fantasyland. I swear this is me right now = That totally makes sense how it was the Skyway landing. I would always walk by there and wonder what the heck that was used for. Oh I hope you got to meet Flynn Rider and Rapunzel! Do you think they'll be permanent meet and greet characters? Or at least be there when I go in July? I still haven't met Princess Tiana and Naveen either.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:28 PM   #139
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Nice update! I miss the sky ride too!
Old 04-16-2011, 01:00 PM   #140
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

I'm enjoying your report. I agree, I think the buses have some sort of GPS system that controls the speakers and what you listen to.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #141
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

5 rides before 9am..that's awesome! I've only ever done the teacups once when Jasmine was six and she spun it so much that I was a little wobbly when we were done...haven't been on since

Great shot of what it will look like when it's completed
Old 04-16-2011, 01:38 PM   #142
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Guess all the crowds were there the week before, you guys are having a great morning!

Glad you stopped for Peter Pan, it's my favorite Fantasyland attraction

I can't wait to see Fantasyland when it's finally complete, I think it's going to be so awesome!
Old 04-16-2011, 07:16 PM   #143
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

Glad to hear you had a good time at BATB! I've seen that, The Lion King & Little Mermaid on Broadway. I've been wanting to see Mary Poppins but tickets are so expensive so I'm waiting for a good deal.

I forgot Splash has lap bars now. Booo.

Last edited by Cat0727; 04-17-2011 at 03:34 PM. Reason: spelling!
Old 04-16-2011, 07:46 PM   #144
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
I'm onboard for another one of you TRs! I forgot you were in WDW that week. Oh my gosh. When I was in Vegas I remember seeing tornado warnings and crazy rain for Florida. It will be interesting to see how it affected your trip. Hopefully it didn't damper your trip too much...
I don't want to give it away, but I convinced a few people that Walt Disney put a large bubble over Disney.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:57 PM   #145
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I'm late, I'm late!

I've been off the DIS for a little while, so I didn't get to see the start of your trip. I'm glad that you guys liked OKW when you arrived. The thing I definitely like the best is the fact that there are two beds. Nice and comfy!
Old 04-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #146
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Love the Teacup photos even though you didn't get the desired effect. I ould love to try it, but I know that anything I ate would reappear
5 rides before 9am is awesome. The Raupunzel line was crazy whenever we walked by it.The morning we were 3rd in line, it was way up past the castle!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 04-16-2011, 08:31 PM   #147
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Great TR so far! Sounds like a really fun MK day...I love getting there first thing in the morning, and what luck you had with the crowds! I went to see Beauty & the Beast on broadway once, sooo good and such beautiful costumes, glad you had a fun time!
Old 04-16-2011, 09:45 PM   #148
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Lucky you to go to BATB. Sounds like fun, and how cute that some of the girls dressed up like at WDW.
Loved the sign for the new Fantasyland. It really does look like it will be beautiful, don't you think so too? Sounds like you are really working thru the morning quickly, and the weather looks so nice. Unlike our snow today! What the heck........
Did not know about the VB all day event on the 28th, I may be able to make it. I do remember going to the VB Bday event last year, but thought that was in early May?
Enjoying your TR, great job! Not sure about our next game, I usually find out last minute if we end up with tickets.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:02 AM   #149
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Yay, sounds like you guys got a lot done that morning in MK! I love the teacup pics!

I miss the Skyway too, that's one of the things I remember about my Disney trips as a kid!

I can't wait for the new Fantasyland! Not even so much to see all the new things they are adding, but just for those construction walls to come down! I'm kind of sick of them!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 04-17-2011, 08:34 AM   #150
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

I am glad you enjoyed Beauty and the Beast! It is one of my favorite movies and I have seen the show twice I still need to see the Lion King and the Little Mermaid

Wow you two really got lucky with no crowds!!! That must have been awesome being able to walk on everything!

I love the Jungle Cruise so cheesy but I enjoy it every time!

Too bad abot Rapunzel! I am not looking forward to that wait!

Can't wait to hear what you two do next!

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: