Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2011, 12:56 PM   #1
CatW
Earning My Ears

dont know which hotel to pick!

hi everyone! my hubby and i will be going to disneyland from 5/27 - 5/30. pretty much everything is ready to go but the hotel and transportation from and to lax. we are not wanting to pay more then $500 for the hotel and no rental car. how do you all go about on finding that hotel that works for you? and that little transportation issue?? thanks!
CatW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:01 PM   #2
pokee99
Mouseketeer

We stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn for about $110 per night. While it's not the fanciest place, it's adequate if you're on a budget. It's the closest non-Disney hotel to the park entrance, so you can go back for rests. We just got back and stayed there and while I'd stay again, I think I may save up a bit more money next time to stay at one of the Disney hotels to enhance the experience a bit. We would've stayed at the Disneyland hotel, but decided against it because of the renovations.

If you're flying into LAX, take the Disneyland express to and from. It's fairly affordable if you buy round-trip tickets online. If you're flying into a closer airport, a taxi is probably the cheapest way to go.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2011, 01:17 PM   #3
LavenderPeach
Didn't understand how you could go sideways and not fall out
Don't tempt me with stuff like that!

What are your priorities for a hotel? Do you want your hotel to have free breakfast? Right across from the entrance or is a little further away okay? Is the pool important to you? These are all the types of things to consider and will help us help you decide what hotel might be best for you.

My personal favorite is the Candy Cane Inn (CCI). It's an easy walk, they have a free shuttle, free parking (which i guess won't matter for you won't have a car), a free breakfast and they've done a great job with the landscaping to make it look very nice even though it's really just a 2 story motel.
LavenderPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:36 PM   #4
CatW
Earning My Ears

we dont really care if they have a free breakfast or not. distance dose not matter to much. as long as there is a free shuttle to the park. it will just be my husband and i on a VERY late honeymoon so a nicer hotel would be a plus!
Old 04-03-2011, 01:59 PM   #5
LavenderPeach
Didn't understand how you could go sideways and not fall out
Don't tempt me with stuff like that!

Nicer hotels tend to be further away and not many have a shuttle. As I mentioned, CCI has a shuttle. I belive the sheraton on Ball rd has a shuttle and i've heard that the hyatt has a shuttle. We stayed at the hyatt once and really liked it but we were only there for one night so we didn't do any research on their shuttle. I think that's about it for shuttles. Some people use the Anaheim buses (ART). So that would also be an option if you were staying further away.

Also, if you want to save some money but stay in a nicer hotel and distance doesn't matter to you, then you can try making a bid on Priceline. We've done that twice. Once we got the Hyatt and the other time we got the Hilton. Both were about $60/night. If you go to betterbidding.com you can get an idea of which hotel you're likely to get before you bid so that it's not a complete surprise.
LavenderPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:05 PM   #6
jenpace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavenderPeach View Post
Also, if you want to save some money but stay in a nicer hotel and distance doesn't matter to you, then you can try making a bid on Priceline. We've done that twice. Once we got the Hyatt and the other time we got the Hilton. Both were about $60/night. If you go to betterbidding.com you can get an idea of which hotel you're likely to get before you bid so that it's not a complete surprise.
I would recommend bidding on a good, 3.5 or 4 star hotel on Priceline. If you get a nice hotel that doesn't have a dedicated shuttle you can use ART or take a cab to and from DL with the $$ you're saving by booking with PL
Old 04-03-2011, 04:14 PM   #7
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenpace View Post
I would recommend bidding on a good, 3.5 or 4 star hotel on Priceline. If you get a nice hotel that doesn't have a dedicated shuttle you can use ART or take a cab to and from DL with the $$ you're saving by booking with PL
Good idea! 4 star in the immediate Anaheim Disneyland area ought to get you the Hilton or Marriott, both nice and with their own ART shuttles. (for a fee, but buy a multi-day pass to save a little $$$)

Cruisin' With Mickey! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012 Trip Report

Ramada Maingate February 2014--First time as a family of five! Ramada Maingate July 2013--Last time as a family of four! Ramada Maingate December 2012--Club 33! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera November 2012--We're addicted! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012--First Cruise! Ramada Maingate September 2011--First Trip as a family of 4! Anaheim Hilton March 2011--Last Trip as a Family of 3! Marriott Anaheim December 2010--Grandpa Jim's First Trip Marriott Anaheim October 2010--Celebrating Our 1 Year Adoption Anniversary Marriott Anaheim July 2010--Isabel's 3rd Birthday Trip Marriott Anaheim May 2010--First Time at Disneyland & First Trip with Isabel! Off Site May 2009--Quick getaway with my two favorite guys, DH and Dad Pop Century September 2008--My first solo trip! Pop Century May 2008--Finally just DH and me again! All Star Sports September 2006--With Dad and The Otters All Star Movies October 2005--Pressed penny collecting trip on the heels of Hurricane Wilma! Off Site December 2004--One last trip with Mom...bittersweet memories Off Site April 2003--With Mom & Dad Off Site May 2000--First trip with DH! And way more trips than I can count while living in Florida and then visiting after we moved!
marciemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:16 PM   #8
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

Oh, and we just got the Hilton for $75 per night on priceline last month, and they upgraded us to a Disneyland view room for free. Perfect! Here's a LINK to my review of our stay there. It would be great for a romantic getaway!

Cruisin' With Mickey! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012 Trip Report

Ramada Maingate February 2014--First time as a family of five! Ramada Maingate July 2013--Last time as a family of four! Ramada Maingate December 2012--Club 33! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera November 2012--We're addicted! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012--First Cruise! Ramada Maingate September 2011--First Trip as a family of 4! Anaheim Hilton March 2011--Last Trip as a Family of 3! Marriott Anaheim December 2010--Grandpa Jim's First Trip Marriott Anaheim October 2010--Celebrating Our 1 Year Adoption Anniversary Marriott Anaheim July 2010--Isabel's 3rd Birthday Trip Marriott Anaheim May 2010--First Time at Disneyland & First Trip with Isabel! Off Site May 2009--Quick getaway with my two favorite guys, DH and Dad Pop Century September 2008--My first solo trip! Pop Century May 2008--Finally just DH and me again! All Star Sports September 2006--With Dad and The Otters All Star Movies October 2005--Pressed penny collecting trip on the heels of Hurricane Wilma! Off Site December 2004--One last trip with Mom...bittersweet memories Off Site April 2003--With Mom & Dad Off Site May 2000--First trip with DH! And way more trips than I can count while living in Florida and then visiting after we moved!
marciemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:52 PM   #9
DlandAmanda
"Frying pans... who knew, right?"

We have stayed at the Hyatt Regency twice and have had excellent experiences both times. They have a free personal shuttle to and from the parks, that we have always enjoyed greatly. (It's important that you know it's their private shuttle, not the city shuttle, so they only picked up from the Hyatt and go to Disneyland, so very quick trip to and from the parks.) I just checked their web site and for those nights it's just under $500 including taxes, 1 King room, with the "Amour" package:

"Take the time to reconnect. Enjoy time for just the two of you during your stay at Hyatt Regency Orange County. You only need each other - we'll provide an unforgettable setting and all the romantic touches.

With our Amour Package, you'll enjoy:
Full Breakfast
Sparkling Wine and Chocolate
1:00pm Late Checkout"

Just thought it would be a nice touch for your honeymoon
DlandAmanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #10
DlandAmanda
"Frying pans... who knew, right?"

Here is the link for their airport transportation services:
http://orangecounty.hyatt.com/hyatt/...tion/index.jsp
DlandAmanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:29 PM   #11
CatW
Earning My Ears

thanks everyone for your help so far. i think we are going to go with the Hyatt Regency. and wow! transplantation is a bit pricey. thinking about the disneyland express but still gonna keep my eyes open.

Tags
airport, anaheim, hotel, lax, transportation to airport

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: