Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2011, 09:23 PM   #46
ChrissyBeth29
JustGoofinAround

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessiLynn015 View Post
Great reviews!! I'm looking forward to doing my own review after my September trip.

I love the pictures of the Tonga Toast.. mmmm

Oh, and we also think winnngggggs whenever we hear of O'hana. YUM!
Ha! I am looking forward to reading your September review. I love reading these things. Also you will be there at a great, not so busy time. I am SOOO jealous. As a teacher, I can only go during peak times, except in the summer when I believe I would evaporate into thin air in that heat and humidity. I would love to go at off peak times. Have a BLAST...I am drooling right now thinking about tonga toast!
Old 08-05-2011, 09:33 AM   #47
Disneymama5816
DIS Veteran

Wonderful reviews! You did a great job. Once the kids are older, I definitely will have to look into Citricos. The first time I went on EE, I also enjoyed the bathroom facilities located on the right just outside the ride . Regarding Soarin' ...you need to try it. I get sick ALL the time (even sometimes when I drive). You should be fine. It is really a neat ride. I take Bonine every night right before I go to bed. It is a motion sickness pill that is both chewable (ewwww) and lasts 24 hours. Thanks again for sharing!!!

12/99 Millenium Celebration-Royal Plaza, 8/00-Swan, 3/01-CBR, 11/01-CBR, 8/02-DCL and CR, 2/03-DCL and POR, 3/04-Swan, 8/05-GF, 11/06-Poly, 04/07-CR, 8/07-Poly,03/08-CR,08/08-CR,04/09-CR,08/07-BLT, 4/10-CR, 08/10-CSR/CR, 12/10-Dolph/POP,08/11-POP/CR-CL, 07/12-BC,04/13-BC,08/13-POP,04/14-BC,07/14-POR RR
Disneymama5816 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2011, 05:09 PM   #48
Schoolbread
Mouseketeer

What a fun review! Sorry about LeChefs. That's a bummer. ALSO bummer about The Wave. We have it on our ADRs for next month. Sigh.....

My ex inlaws live year-round on the Cape in Centerville. Go have some ice cream for me at the 4 seas!
Schoolbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:58 PM   #49
CS3SONS
Earning My Ears

Just finished. Love the pics and reviews!

CS3SONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:21 PM   #50
ChrissyBeth29
JustGoofinAround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymama5816 View Post
Wonderful reviews! You did a great job. Once the kids are older, I definitely will have to look into Citricos. The first time I went on EE, I also enjoyed the bathroom facilities located on the right just outside the ride . Regarding Soarin' ...you need to try it. I get sick ALL the time (even sometimes when I drive). You should be fine. It is really a neat ride. I take Bonine every night right before I go to bed. It is a motion sickness pill that is both chewable (ewwww) and lasts 24 hours. Thanks again for sharing!!!
Thank you so much for the info on the motion sickness pill. I will definitely need it. It is so strange because before I turned 30, it never affected me. Then again, I met my husband at 30, and he drives like he's racin the checkered on turn 4 at Daytona! lol Needless to say, it is a bit much.

I TOTALLY suggest Citricos, when you get a chance!
Old 08-06-2011, 06:23 PM   #51
ChrissyBeth29
JustGoofinAround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoolbread View Post
What a fun review! Sorry about LeChefs. That's a bummer. ALSO bummer about The Wave. We have it on our ADRs for next month. Sigh.....

My ex inlaws live year-round on the Cape in Centerville. Go have some ice cream for me at the 4 seas!
Thank you so much! I can't personally speak about the Wave. It was my rather picky family, but it didn't sound great.

4 Seas...mmmm...now I want ice cream, darnit!
Old 08-06-2011, 06:24 PM   #52
ChrissyBeth29
JustGoofinAround

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS3SONS View Post
Just finished. Love the pics and reviews!
Thank you so much, I had a blast completing them! Especially the eating part!
Old 08-07-2011, 10:26 AM   #53
funkyspunky871
Earning My Ears

Oh. I'm a bit sad to find out that most of the desserts weren't any good. I'm a dessert FREAK, and I was planning on having dessert with every meal (since we got the free DDP). Booo... Eh, I'll probably still get them. Thanks for the review! Was the Kona Cafe for breakfast any good? You seemed to just post pictures with that review? If there's anything I love more than dessert, it's breakfast foods. That's the ADR I'm looking forward to the most!
funkyspunky871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:58 PM   #54
ChrissyBeth29
JustGoofinAround

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyspunky871 View Post
Oh. I'm a bit sad to find out that most of the desserts weren't any good. I'm a dessert FREAK, and I was planning on having dessert with every meal (since we got the free DDP). Booo... Eh, I'll probably still get them. Thanks for the review! Was the Kona Cafe for breakfast any good? You seemed to just post pictures with that review? If there's anything I love more than dessert, it's breakfast foods. That's the ADR I'm looking forward to the most!
I will tell you that every bread pudding I had was divine. If you are a fan of bread pudding then you are good to go. Also the cupcakes I had were very good as well.

Kona.......I love Kona. The tonga toast, to me, is amazing. The rest of my family was underwhelmed, although they are NOT breakfast people, so to speak, so you can't really judge by them. I suggest to everyone Kona. Also if you go there for dinner, they have a chocolate banana creme brulee that was amazing.

Have a great trip...we'd have fun together with the desserts...I've such a sweet tooth!
Old 08-07-2011, 02:44 PM   #55
Disney owl
DIS Veteran

Enjoyed reading your reports, thanks for posting

JUNE 1996 & JUNE 1998 JUNE 2005 DLP - Camp Davy Crockett
AUGUST 2000 & OCT 2002 SEPT 2008 DLP - Offsite
JUNE 2001 AUGUST 2003 & 2007, SEPT2010 WDW - Offsite
Disney owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:03 PM   #56
psupple
WDW Lover

Great report... glad I found it again!
psupple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #57
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Your report was great! Thanks for sharing!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:43 PM   #58
ChrissyBeth29
JustGoofinAround

Thanks all...I am dying to grab one of these free dining ressies and get back down there. Alas, I believe my husband would say saving for a house is more important...but I keep trying to convince him that free dining is, well, free. It doesn't cost anything!
Old 08-07-2011, 08:24 PM   #59
lmbcdb
DIS Veteran

Great reviews so far! How was Pecos Bill's? We are headed there for the first time this October.

lmbcdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:18 PM   #60
ChrissyBeth29
JustGoofinAround

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmbcdb View Post
Great reviews so far! How was Pecos Bill's? We are headed there for the first time this October.
Lisa Marie...Pecos Bills is a MUST for me everytime I go! It goes back to my childhood...is it anything out of the world delicious?? No, but it's the standard burger joint. It does have an awesome fixins bar. I just love the location. Beware though..it gets CROWDED at peak lunch time....enjoy though...I always do!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: