Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2011, 12:48 PM   #31
ChrissyBeth29
JustGoofinAround

April 20, 2011 Lunch @ Electric Umbrella dinner @ Raglan Road

Okay..well this was a late start. I had the family up so early on Tuesday to go to Animal Kingdom that they all revolted and slept in! lol

My DH and I took off and headed to Future World. For some insane reason, I thought instead of the DELICIOUS CS there is in World Showcase, I would waste my money at the Electric Umbrella. It was revolting..no pictures needed. I had the Chicken Caesar Salad. The chicken was spongy and the who thing was limp and gross. The Dasani water was good! My DH had the usual...cheeseburger. It was even bad. The only good thing was a strawberry cheesecake. It was actually delicious for a premade dessert.

We then moved on and had a delicious margarita! It was SOOOO stinking hot that this was DELICIOUS!

We then moved on to Germany. Oh Karamel Kuche...I love you! We both bought cupcakes with caramel on them...we carried them back to the Boardwalk. Let's just say that the icing melted off the sucker..that's how stinkin hot it was. So we had to throw them away. I then bought this lovely IT WAS a sugar cookie..sorry I couldn't wait..I'm bad, I know!

Dinner was a whole different experience. We were going to go to Raglan Road. Here's the problem with Disney. They only had ONE bus to get there. We had 7:15pm reservations and we got to the bus stop at 5:45pm. LEt's just say that the bus didn't show up until 7:00pm. It was PACKED! Thank goodness the driver let us on. WE got to Raglan Road AT 7:18. There was TWO HOUR WAIT! They had no problem and sat us within five minutes. This was one of our FAVORITE meals. Although it was loud in there and our waitress was quiet. Other than that it was great. We started off with an app: Kinky Crab - Kilmore Quay crab spring rolls served with a sweet chili jam $9 There were 3 of them on the plate. HEre is one They had an odd taste. IT was whatever green was in them. It wasn't great, but the rest was.

Me: I started off with a grey goose and cranberry cause mama needed a drink after that bus ride! I had the Raglan Risotto - Risotto with shiitake mushrooms, garden peas, shaved parmesan, and rocket lettuce. $15 with chicken This was SOOO good. The risotto was creamy and delish

DH: Here's my handsome husband with his Guinness...he's shamelss! My husband claimed that he won cause his was sooo delish! Keen Eye for the Shepherds Pie - We give the traditional shepherd's pie a little makeover with our contemporary twist to this favorite dish $18 I tried some. I guess I would agree he won. I don't like to agree to that!

DNephew: He had some sort of scallop special. He TOTALLY WON! If they have the scallop special when you go...GET IT! The potatoes were AWESOME.

DMother and DNiece: They had fish and chips.. For picky ladies..they loved it too: We have fish and chips all the time here on cape cod, and this was right up there!

DSister: Serious Steak - 10 oz sirloin topped with Irish whiskey marmalade glaze, with fresh basil oil, mashed potatoes, and topped with crispy fried onion strings $27 I don't eat steak, but it was good.

Now on to the even better stuff...I think we tried almost EVERY DESSERT THEY HAD! lol It's the glory of traveling with five other people. We passed them around like a clock. We tried it all!

Strawberry & Apple Crumble - fFresh strawberries and apples in a tart with berry compote and vanilla bean ice cream $8 No picture..but SOOO good!

Ger's Bread & Butter Pudding - Like no other pudding you have ever tried. Believe us $8 I had this and it was to DIE for!

Bailey's Brulé Tart - Créme Brulé, Irish style $8 It says creme brule..but it's really a pie. I thought it was tasty!

My sister and husband had Irish coffee and another type..I don't remember, but I remember they had booze in em! lol Look at their faces!

Trifle Sinful - kitchen baked Swiss roll, Gran Marnier, berries, custard and cream $8d I didn't care for this...just sayin!

Dunbrody Kiss - Chef Dundon's gift to America. Chocolate. Add chocolate. Then add some more. With us? $8

The Good: The food! Also the entertainment was awesome! Here's a picture of an Irish stepper!

The Bad: The crab appetizer. I don't want to say anything too bad..but it had a distinct strange taste...we all agreed. Very bitter!

The Ugly: The bus service. If you are paying the rates they get for a Vacation Club at the Boardwalk, they can afford more than one bus for The Yacht/Beach, Swan/Dolphin, and Boardwalk to share...Come on Disney!

Last edited by ChrissyBeth29; 06-14-2011 at 08:01 PM.
ChrissyBeth29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:01 PM   #32
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

I'm still reading! thanks for the honest reviews. I've never been impressed with Chefs although I had a great meal in May upstairs at Bistro de Paris.

Jill in CO
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2011, 02:01 PM   #33
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Fantastic reviews!!! i really enjoyed reading them!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:59 PM   #34
ChrissyBeth29
JustGoofinAround

Thanks ladies...I enjoy writing them..I have three days left to review...they'll be coming soon! It makes me want to go back though!
Old 06-14-2011, 08:25 PM   #35
ChrissyBeth29
JustGoofinAround

April 21--DHS AND Chef Mickeys

We woke up early this morning and rushed over to DHS...we had YET to make it on Toy Story Mania..and I was damned if we would miss it again. We'd never been on, and I was dying. So we jumped on the boat from Boardwalk and made it there. We decided to eat breakfast at Starring Rolls. I couldn't wait to dive into a cupcake...then when I got to the front, I couldn't pull the trigger cause it was so hot out, and we did have an issue with a cupcake from Karamel Kuche, so I went with the chocolate croissant and chocolate milk...I will let you know..it was the BEST chocolate croissant on property, outside of France in WS. The rest of my family had basic continental breakfast..nothing too special.

When it came to lunch, my husband and I decided to try the ESPN Zone. It was different. Dark and very sports bar-ish. We had a couple of beers and my husband had the Southwest burger, he just let me know it was 'ok'. I had the cuban burger..I would have to say there was too much stuff on it. The bartender was a bit...um...brash...so when she wasn't looking I pilfered some disney drink napkins. Let's just say that if you came to my house right now, I would serve you an iced tea on a WDW napkin!

Dinner...Chef Mickeys was the choice for the kids. They were dying to see the characters and they had no patience to wait in lines in the park. We had an ADR at 7:10. We got there EARLY..at maybe 6:30. They took up IMMEDIATELY. We waited for NOTHING this trip when it came to restaurants..we were pretty psyched. We started with the family photo

We then were seated to the right in a kind of private section when you first walk in. For our luck, we were bombarded with the FAB FIVE! They were all there. It was a mad dash for pictures, and then on to the eats. My sister and I had fancy drinks...they were GREAT! I can't tell you what they were, but they were good. I swear one of them was a Bahama Mama..here they are

It was standard buffet fare...nothing too great, but not as bad as I was expecting. I will tell you all a secret..come close...there is a cold seafood salad that is AMAZING. I eat seafood off the boat all the time, and this sucker was AWESOME. I have a plate or so to look at...nothing jawdropping
Note seafood salad on top of plate..wish I had more
THat chicken was GOOD...

Now the desserts:

The Good: oh chocolate croissant..I am dreaming/drooling of you as we speak.

The Bad: The waitress at ESPN

The Ugly...nothing really..oh except me when I didn't get a cupcake from Starring Rolls
Old 06-14-2011, 08:38 PM   #36
ChrissyBeth29
JustGoofinAround

Our last full day :( Boardwalk Pool and Citricos :)

We started off slow today. Well..I'll be honest..we got DRUNK at Leaping Horse Libations and swam. It was so hot, it was a welcomed relief. For lunch we had NOTHING good. Just gross turkey sandwiches from the bar. Now dinner on the other hand...woooo. DH and I broke off from the herd and had a special dinner at Citricos. We paid oop at Mama Melrose so we could eat up on the dining plan.

I don't know what I was expecting, but it was nothing like I thought it would be. We were seated kind of secluded but right near the window. We could see the GF pool and the monorail. I think I could kind of see the castle. Our waiter was WADE. This man could be considered the BEST SERVER EVER. He was kind, and gracious, and went out of his way for us. He was my hero. We really bonded. He gave us his honest suggestions and just went above and beyond. Here is the menu

I started off with a fancy drink. It was delicious, but come to find out it wasn't what I ordered which we found out when I ordered a second one. lol I waited so long to write this that I forgot what it was..but it was fizzy and had pomegranite.
I began with the Dis'ers fave..gateau of crab..this sucker was amazing..and I WON!!
It was creamy and crabby and not at all like a regular crabcake...BETTER!

Hubs had the risotto balls. He thinks his was best..but not like the gateau

For dinner I had the chicken...the lemon thyme broth was just divine.

I honestly would have licked the plate clean if possible.

Hubs had Veal Shank..and he still can't stop talking about it..he just said again...*drool* 'it was amazing'. lol

For dessert I had a beautiful chocolate banana torte..it was amazing..I even ate the decorations *whoopsie*

My husband is a cheesecake fanatic..he loved it too:

We ended the meal with coffe(him) and a press pot of peppermint tea(me). It settled my stomach from the hurtin I just put on it.

We then took the monorail to the Polynesian and walked to the beach to watch the Fireworks...such a perfectly romantic night.

The Good: Citricos

The Bad: Libations food

The Ugly: my sunburn
Old 06-14-2011, 08:44 PM   #37
ChrissyBeth29
JustGoofinAround

Last Day: Epcot

My husband was bound and determined to go on Soarin...I couldn't have cared less since I get motion sick and I knew I'd blow red, white and blue. Hubs took my niece and nephew on the ride and my sister, mom and I went on The Land. I haven't been on that ride since the 1990's and I'll just say it was great. I really enjoyed it. Since we were there at Sunshine Seasons, we figured why not.

I had the sweet and sour chicken

I also had the chocolate cake...mmmmm...chocolate!

My darling sister also had the sweet and sour chicken but she had an apple caramel dessert...look into it kids...sooo worth it!

By the 8th day of the vacation..I couldn't have cared less what anyone else ate or did. I had been the secretary, cheerleader, and tourguide and mama needed a vacation. I wished I could have stayed for another week with the hubs and sent everyone else home!
Old 06-14-2011, 08:49 PM   #38
ChrissyBeth29
JustGoofinAround

Bonus...here's things I forgot to write about! lol

Germany

Raglan Road:

Strawberry and Apple crumble(not good)

Dunbrody's Kiss(oh chocolate...I think you should be a food group)

Kid's Vanilla ice cream
Old 06-14-2011, 08:49 PM   #39
jamiesmom07
Mouseketeer

With such a diverse group of eaters I'm anxious to see how this turns out.
Nov.25-Dec.3 2011 - POFQ
April 2010 - POR
April 2003 - All Star Movies
jamiesmom07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #40
ChrissyBeth29
JustGoofinAround

The End

So that's it. My first dining review is done. I wasn't even that nervous taking pictures and looking like a lunatic. My family loved to do it and made me get the camera before they would dig in.

What would I do again:
Citricos(wouldn't hesitate one iota)
Raglan Road(good)
'Ohana(wiiiiiings)
Kona(TONGA)
Mama Melrose(sue me..I love it)

What I won't do:
Wave(I forgot to mention the fam ate there when we went to Citricos..it was so bad, they barely ate, paid, and walked out)

Chef Mickeys(unless I have kids)
Yak& Yeti(or Animal Kingdom for that matter)
Les Chefs(wouldn't waste me time again..go to Tutto instead
Old 06-15-2011, 07:22 AM   #41
jamiesmom07
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the adventure!!
Nov.25-Dec.3 2011 - POFQ
April 2010 - POR
April 2003 - All Star Movies
jamiesmom07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:09 AM   #42
ChrissyBeth29
JustGoofinAround

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesmom07 View Post
Thanks for the adventure!!
lol...Oh Jamiesmom...you have no idea the adventure with the crew I was with! It was something else. The food was good overall, and I can't wait to go back, obviously. I am a dis'er, right?
Old 07-29-2011, 04:31 AM   #43
wishicouldgomoreofte
Mouseketeer

Well I really enjoyed your review.
I found it doing a search for Tutto.
Sure wish you had some photos from there.
Anything to add about Tutto?
Old 07-29-2011, 06:38 PM   #44
JessiLynn015
DIS Veteran

Great reviews!! I'm looking forward to doing my own review after my September trip.

I love the pictures of the Tonga Toast.. mmmm

Oh, and we also think winnngggggs whenever we hear of O'hana. YUM!

WDW--12/04 - 02/05 - 08/09 - 10/09 - 01/10 - 04/10 - 05/10 - 08/10 - 09/10 - 10/10 - 02/11 - 05/11 - 06/11 - 09/11 - 11/11 - 12/12 - 1/13

(me) (DH) (DS)
(Diesel) (Marlee) (Zeus)
JessiLynn015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:21 PM   #45
ChrissyBeth29
JustGoofinAround

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishicouldgomoreofte View Post
Well I really enjoyed your review.
I found it doing a search for Tutto.
Sure wish you had some photos from there.
Anything to add about Tutto?
Sadly..it was our first full night there, and I wasn't as 'with it' with the picture taking. I will be better next time.

Tutto was delicious! We loved it and none of us would hesitate in going back there again. It was great service and the food was good. Also the ambiance is very relaxed.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: