Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-12-2011, 04:29 PM   #121
robinb
DIS Veteran
 
robinb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 30,925

Hmmm ... it appears that Run Keeper can do exactly what I want. I didn't have to buy that C25K program after all. I'll use it later on this week and report back.
__________________
DVC Member since 1997
Walt Disney World 2013 * Disneyland Paris 2012 * Disneyland 2011 * Hong Kong Disneyland 2007 * Tokyo Disneyland 2007
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:20 PM   #122
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,897

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
WOOHOO!! how did you feel after??

I need to get back on the treadmill but I've been really busy catching up on house work.

It's supposed to be really nice here the next few days so I'll be spending a ton of time outside doing yard work instead.
I felt really hot after my body was burning calories-lol! I let my body cool down before jumping in shower and getting ready for bed. I must say I feel so much better. I feel like I have more energy too. I'm really hoping I can complete this program. I found my Mp3 player and charged it for the next run.

ok dont laugh, when doing the program i'm so focused that I really need to watch the timer. The 1st time I messed up with my time so the 2nd time I wrote down the time for running, walking etc. Just made it easier-lol!
__________________
dreamin_disney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #123
KitKat_Tink
Dude
Would make a great Alice in Wonderland
 
KitKat_Tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,479

So I did W3D1 today. It didn't feel like it was that much running and I was kinda disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it was exhausting but I just feel like it wasn't as challenging as the previous 2 weeks first day.

Well I guess this just means I can push myself to go faster next time.
__________________


DCP CM Spring 2013 TLT dessert party

KitKat_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:35 PM   #124
jjant72
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 31

Just started C25K last night. Skipped week 1 because it was too easy. I am just programming the C25K plan as workouts into my Garmin Forerunner 305.
jjant72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:09 AM   #125
Sandy321
Crazy enough to want to do another Half Marathon!
If it were all about me? - I'd go with the Princesses!!
 
Sandy321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: East of Utahmama and SW of MinnieMoo,
Posts: 6,451

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockash View Post
I did it!!!! I actually ran 20 mins. straight this morning It wasn't fun the whole time, but I stuck it out and I did it. It was a little rough mentally at times, but physically I really was fine. -I did use icy/hot before I left- thanks for the tip!
I think that's the longest I've ever run consistently in my life. A month ago, I would've never thought I'd do it. I drove what I ran afterwords, and it was 1.5 miles. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I was pretty impressed. Anybody who'd on week 1 or 2, just hang in there, it gets better. I remember my first 2 weeks were the hardest for me, but it gets easier.

I know how that feels - Dont give up now - Keep up the AWESOME work!



Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
That is AWESOME! I finished W5D2 yesterday on the treadmill (we have thunderstorms here) and ran 8 minutes twice, but the big 20-minute run is next. I *might* be able to do it on Saturday depending how I feel. I bought that C25K app but now I am looking for an app that is exactly the same but where I can set my own intervals.
CONGRATS to you as well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
I think I recall reading about a program that will take your playlist and dub (is that the right word?) interval beeps over it. Then you play the single mp3 with the music and the beeps together. I could use Run Keeper with it to track my distance and pace. I'll see if I can dig it up. It was on one of the interval training websites.
Whether I like it or not - I'm joining you all!

I have run 2 1/2 marathons at Disney! and I hate running - HATE IT! But I hate being out of shape even more!

DH has been asked to lead a blind runner, and he is begging me to go to Disney, how can I go and not join everyone else? How can I justify being a couch potato? I cant.

So I'm pulling it out.

I used to have runkeeper app - I deleted it! Doesnt it use a lot of battery power?

interrupted now
Sandy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:19 PM   #126
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!
 
BernardandMissBianca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Blink and ya miss it, CT
Posts: 23,269
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
I think I recall reading about a program that will take your playlist and dub (is that the right word?) interval beeps over it. Then you play the single mp3 with the music and the beeps together. I could use Run Keeper with it to track my distance and pace. I'll see if I can dig it up. It was on one of the interval training websites.
I haven't had good luck with runkeeper. I need to get DH to look at it and maybe help me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamin_disney View Post
I felt really hot after my body was burning calories-lol! I let my body cool down before jumping in shower and getting ready for bed. I must say I feel so much better. I feel like I have more energy too. I'm really hoping I can complete this program. I found my Mp3 player and charged it for the next run.

ok dont laugh, when doing the program i'm so focused that I really need to watch the timer. The 1st time I messed up with my time so the 2nd time I wrote down the time for running, walking etc. Just made it easier-lol!
You can definitely complete the program!!! We're here for ya!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat_Tink View Post
So I did W3D1 today. It didn't feel like it was that much running and I was kinda disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it was exhausting but I just feel like it wasn't as challenging as the previous 2 weeks first day.

Well I guess this just means I can push myself to go faster next time.
If it wasn't challenging that's a good thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjant72 View Post
Just started C25K last night. Skipped week 1 because it was too easy. I am just programming the C25K plan as workouts into my Garmin Forerunner 305.
Welcome aboard!!
How do you like your garmin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy321 View Post



Whether I like it or not - I'm joining you all!

I have run 2 1/2 marathons at Disney! and I hate running - HATE IT! But I hate being out of shape even more!

DH has been asked to lead a blind runner, and he is begging me to go to Disney, how can I go and not join everyone else? How can I justify being a couch potato? I cant.

So I'm pulling it out.

I used to have runkeeper app - I deleted it! Doesnt it use a lot of battery power?

interrupted now
You're stuck with us now!!!
DH's job as a leader sounds so cool. I saw a picture of a guy running with a soldier who lost his eyesight in Iraq. He only held on to a shoe string.
__________________
~BuffyDHDS18DS13DS12DD8
Focus your attention.
BernardandMissBianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 01:17 AM   #127
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,897

I just completed W1Day3

?So this program is 3Xweek. I'm doing mine M-T-F so does anyone workout walking/jogging days in between. Should i speed walk Sat/Sun or just oneday. Dont wanna mess up my energy for the program

BTW I started out 1-2 weeks ago 214 today I weighed 209.5
__________________
dreamin_disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:34 AM   #128
brockash
DIS Veteran
 
brockash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,187

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamin_disney View Post
I just completed W1Day3

?So this program is 3Xweek. I'm doing mine M-T-F so does anyone workout walking/jogging days in between. Should i speed walk Sat/Sun or just oneday. Dont wanna mess up my energy for the program

BTW I started out 1-2 weeks ago 214 today I weighed 209.5
Congrats on your new challenge! On the days that I don't run, I walk during the same time. I do it more, because it makes it more easy to stick to my schedule, but I think it's good to do either way. Just take it one day at a time...it'll be worth it in the end. I just finished my second day of running 20 mins. straight (I do each week twice,) and it really does feel good.
__________________
brockash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 12:05 PM   #129
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,897

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockash View Post
Congrats on your new challenge! On the days that I don't run, I walk during the same time. I do it more, because it makes it more easy to stick to my schedule, but I think it's good to do either way. Just take it one day at a time...it'll be worth it in the end. I just finished my second day of running 20 mins. straight (I do each week twice,) and it really does feel good.
Thank you! Great job running 20 min straight. I hope I can do it soon. Dh never gets sick and he got a cough and cold 2 days ago. Today dd wakes up with sore throat and I feel my chest and a slight cough coming on. My 1st thought was i better not get sick because it will ruin my coach-5K routine-lol!I've never been so motivated and I dont want to get sick cuz it will make it hard. Wish me luck
__________________
dreamin_disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 12:36 PM   #130
KitKat_Tink
Dude
Would make a great Alice in Wonderland
 
KitKat_Tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,479

I am supposed to do week 3 day 2 today but the wind is so strong today and my allergies are killing me. I guess I'll wait for tomorrow, or maybe the wind will stop and I can run then.
__________________


DCP CM Spring 2013 TLT dessert party

KitKat_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 12:48 PM   #131
sdmom
Disney on the brain
 
sdmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 274

^^ Hope the weather gets better for you Tink.

I finished w3d3 today and I'm a little scared of week 4.
Next week is my birthday and it feels good going into it with some progress on my "improvement" plan.

Good weekend to all!
sdmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:00 PM   #132
Sandy321
Crazy enough to want to do another Half Marathon!
If it were all about me? - I'd go with the Princesses!!
 
Sandy321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: East of Utahmama and SW of MinnieMoo,
Posts: 6,451

B&B Thanks for the welcome! I just need that roundtoit - If you dh comes up with any tricks for runkeeper, please share.

Dreamin HIP HIP HOORAY on your weight loss (are you an a special program? I'm staying away from scales)

sdmom, Tink, dreamin Thanks for sharing your progress - I havent started yet - maybe tomorrow... its raining today - weather went from 90 degrees to a high today of 40 degrees! Talk about a cold front coming through! brrrrrr!

brockash Thanks for posting the hint about going every day - but concentrating on the program the 3 days... incentives - its a good thing!
Sandy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:55 PM   #133
KitKat_Tink
Dude
Would make a great Alice in Wonderland
 
KitKat_Tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,479

W3D2 well the wind calmed for a bit so I went for my run. I must be going super slow because I don't even make it to where I used to, but I felt like I was going faster today so I don't know , maybe it was the wind slowing me down. Anyway I feel better when I run then when I don't, so I think I'll stick with this through the 9 weeks! I'll for sure be in better shape for WDW in July
__________________


DCP CM Spring 2013 TLT dessert party

KitKat_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:30 PM   #134
brockash
DIS Veteran
 
brockash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,187

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat_Tink View Post
W3D2 well the wind calmed for a bit so I went for my run. I must be going super slow because I don't even make it to where I used to, but I felt like I was going faster today so I don't know , maybe it was the wind slowing me down. Anyway I feel better when I run then when I don't, so I think I'll stick with this through the 9 weeks! I'll for sure be in better shape for WDW in July
It probably is the wind. Since week 3, I've done all my runs outside, and there's def. a difference in my speed, depending on how windy it is. It does feel good knowing that you're doing something productive...I really do love that I've been running (not so much during the running part, but you know.) I will say, I've really been struggling with my food though. I always thought I was more lazy, than a foodaholic, but I've come to the realization that it's actually easier for me to exercise than to stick to a real healthy diet. Hopefully I can get that down in the future.
__________________
brockash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 08:22 PM   #135
KitKat_Tink
Dude
Would make a great Alice in Wonderland
 
KitKat_Tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,479

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockash View Post
It probably is the wind. Since week 3, I've done all my runs outside, and there's def. a difference in my speed, depending on how windy it is. It does feel good knowing that you're doing something productive...I really do love that I've been running (not so much during the running part, but you know.) I will say, I've really been struggling with my food though. I always thought I was more lazy, than a foodaholic, but I've come to the realization that it's actually easier for me to exercise than to stick to a real healthy diet. Hopefully I can get that down in the future.
I know how it is with the food thing. I think I am actually addicted to sugar! I'm working on cutting it out but days I don't have what I feel is enough I get cranky and get headaches. Its terrible! As for sticking with healthy food, I kinda just have to convince myself that a slice of cheese is a much better snack then some chips, and the apple is just as sweet as a cookie. It helps sort of.
__________________


DCP CM Spring 2013 TLT dessert party

KitKat_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Š 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.