Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2011, 08:35 AM   #556
GaRain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gudrench3 View Post
I finished W4D2 last night. I was better with my breathing (a little), but I noticed that I was still bored and kept looking at the time. I'm not giving up...can't wait to get past this big of being bored. I hope everyone is having a great day!
Are you on a treadmill or outside running? Do you ipod? I tried to read while I was running on my treadmill, but it ended up hurting my head.
Hope you get over this hump!
GaRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:54 PM   #557
gudrench3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaRain View Post
Are you on a treadmill or outside running? Do you ipod? I tried to read while I was running on my treadmill, but it ended up hurting my head.
Hope you get over this hump!
Yes ma'am, on a treadmill. It's so hot outside, I am struggling to get out there and run. I do have an Ipod, and I'm still getting fast paced songs that I really like, so I'm sure it will get better once I can find the right songs.

Oh my, if I tried to run and read, I'd fall on my face. I'd forget that I was running and just stop and float right off the back of the treadmill. It wouldn't be a pretty sight!!! Thanks for the encouragement!

'85 Offsite, '92 Dolphin, '98 Offsite, '00 Offsite, '03 AS Sports, '05 AS Sports, '07 (Nov/Dec) POFQ, '09 POP, May '11 CSR, 2013 PRINCESS HALF TRIP!!!!

My "New goal, new me, new excitement!" Weight Loss & C25K Journal
gudrench3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2011, 10:41 PM   #558
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxJags08 View Post
Here's some TR's I've just found:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post41193479
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2417411

I'm glad your knee is cooperating!

I got put on antibiotics this weekend due to a sinus infection. Somewhere around week 2 of the C25K program I started sneezing - and it's pretty much lasted this whole time. Over the last couple weeks it developed to more of a congestion and Saturday I noticed my tonsils were swollen. I bit the bullet and went to the dr and now am on a course of antibiotics along with some allergy meds. So I think I'm going to give myself a couple days to get better. I wasn't supposed to run today anyways and I'll see how I'm feeling tonight, but probably won't run again tomorrow. It's tough because I don't feel too bad (I've been running stuffy for a while), but I think I really need to give my body time to get rid of this sickness.
Thanks and hope you are feeling better fast!

I got out again tonight and did 200/100m and still the knee feels good! I did a little bit over 2 miles tonight, like 2.3ish. I'll stick with the 200/100 on Thursday and then I guess I'll try 300/100. I'm just so happy I can run again!
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
ColleenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:58 AM   #559
GaRain
DIS Veteran

W3D1 completed last night. Had to slow down a bit on my pace to go faster for a longer amount of time. But I felt like the treadmill at the gym was faster than my treadmill at home - AGH!!
Old 08-11-2011, 06:51 PM   #560
TMcDwyer
The true magic of Disney is experiencing it through the eyes of your children.

Just got back from South Carolina. I did not do great on my trip...only ran twice. My PF in my foot has been brutal so I decided to take it easy. My next run will be W8D2 using 4:1 intervals instead of straight running. I also took a Good Form Running class while I was there. I am hoping to sneak in a short run tomorrow to try out some of the techniques before the race.

And....I JUST SIGNED UP FOR A 5K ON SUNDAY!!! I must be losing my mind, but DH asked if I wanted to do it and I just said yes. Wish me luck!

I went Coast-to-Coast in 2012!!! Princess 1/2 & Disneyland 1/2!!! Doing it again in 2014 - Tinkerbell & Princess!!! Hoping to go Dopey & Dumbo in 2015!!!
Disney Trips: Too many to count as a kid; Grand Floridian 1998; Off Site 2002; DL in 2003 & 2004; First trip as a Mom in December 2009; Disney Halloween 5K in 2011 (POFQ); 2012 Princess 1/2 (AKLKV); DL 1/2 in 2012 (PP); 2012 Family Trip to POR; 2013 AofA; 10/2013 CB for the TofT 10 Miler; 2014 Tink & Glass Slipper Challenge!!! Also...had the BEST TRIP ever to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in 2010 with my Mom! My Dream Trip ~ Tokyo Disneyland!
TMcDwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:26 PM   #561
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMcDwyer View Post
Just got back from South Carolina. I did not do great on my trip...only ran twice. My PF in my foot has been brutal so I decided to take it easy. My next run will be W8D2 using 4:1 intervals instead of straight running. I also took a Good Form Running class while I was there. I am hoping to sneak in a short run tomorrow to try out some of the techniques before the race.

And....I JUST SIGNED UP FOR A 5K ON SUNDAY!!! I must be losing my mind, but DH asked if I wanted to do it and I just said yes. Wish me luck!
Good luck in the 5K Sunday! Hope your foot feels better. After doing intervals coming off my knee injury I see why people like it. Just be careful your foot doesn't get too bad. PF can be hard to get rid of.
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
Old 08-12-2011, 08:11 AM   #562
GaRain
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Good luck on Sunday.
Can you share any of your techniques you learned with us?
Old 08-12-2011, 08:23 AM   #563
JaxJags08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
W3D1 completed last night. Had to slow down a bit on my pace to go faster for a longer amount of time. But I felt like the treadmill at the gym was faster than my treadmill at home - AGH!!
Great job! I have heard that treadmills aren't all calibrated the same and so it is quite possible that the gym treadmill was faster than your own.

Quote:

Don't beat yourself up too much over just doing 2 runs. I haven't run since last Saturday - still trying to get over this sickness. I'm thinking I'll do a mile on Saturday and see how I feel before jumping back in to W8D2 next week.

Any good advice from your Good Form Running class? I haven't run without my dog, so my upper body form is probably crazy.

Yay for the 5k! Please let us know how it goes. I am the kind of person that likes to know exactly what's going on at all times, so racing with the bibs and chips and corrals scares me!
JaxJags08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:42 AM   #564
TMcDwyer

Quote:
Good luck on Sunday.
Can you share any of your techniques you learned with us?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxJags08 View Post
Any good advice from your Good Form Running class? I haven't run without my dog, so my upper body form is probably crazy.
It was a great class. Basically I learned that I heel strike (no surprise there!) when I run and I should be hitting with the ball of my foot or the center of my foot. Also we worked on stance...

Feet Facing Forward
Lean Forward from the Ankles
Arms at 90 degrees with an easy swing
And cadence is super important

The instructor had a digital metronome that was set to 180 bpm so basically we were taking 180 steps per minute. It forced me to shorten my stride making it almost impossible for me to heel strike. I have been practicing a little, but I am starting to get the hang of it.

I went Coast-to-Coast in 2012!!! Princess 1/2 & Disneyland 1/2!!! Doing it again in 2014 - Tinkerbell & Princess!!! Hoping to go Dopey & Dumbo in 2015!!!
Disney Trips: Too many to count as a kid; Grand Floridian 1998; Off Site 2002; DL in 2003 & 2004; First trip as a Mom in December 2009; Disney Halloween 5K in 2011 (POFQ); 2012 Princess 1/2 (AKLKV); DL 1/2 in 2012 (PP); 2012 Family Trip to POR; 2013 AofA; 10/2013 CB for the TofT 10 Miler; 2014 Tink & Glass Slipper Challenge!!! Also...had the BEST TRIP ever to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in 2010 with my Mom! My Dream Trip ~ Tokyo Disneyland!
Old 08-12-2011, 07:55 PM   #565
indimom
Are We There Yet?

3.15 miles in 30 minutes tonight. Woo Hoo! We were struggling a bit earlier in the week, but tonight went great. We had a good pace going and it didn't feel hard at all. We still haven't found a 5K to run though. I think most of them were earlier in the summer. But, I'll keep my eyes and ears open and keep working at the longer runs so we are ready when the time comes.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:52 PM   #566
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by indimom View Post
3.15 miles in 30 minutes tonight. Woo Hoo! We were struggling a bit earlier in the week, but tonight went great. We had a good pace going and it didn't feel hard at all. We still haven't found a 5K to run though. I think most of them were earlier in the summer. But, I'll keep my eyes and ears open and keep working at the longer runs so we are ready when the time comes.
Great job! And terrific pace! If you go to active.com you can look up races in your area. There probably will be more in the fall as the weather cools off a bit.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:37 AM   #567
indimom
Are We There Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenG View Post
Great job! And terrific pace! If you go to active.com you can look up races in your area. There probably will be more in the fall as the weather cools off a bit.
Oh, thanks! You know, I'm still sort of acclimating to all the information you can find on the internet. I didn't even think to do a search on here, I'm a little old-school.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:00 AM   #568
mom2princesses2
DIS Veteran

Stupid W5D3!

Well, I'm glad I tried but not happy I didn't complete the 20 minute run of W5D3 today. I ran out of gas at 15 minutes, walked 3 then ran last 2.

I tried did it this evening but all my other runs I've done in the early morning, save one. All were successful so I'm chalking this one up to not being a night owl.

We'll see Monday when I rematch this day!
Disneyland ~ July 2013/ Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room) ~ Feb. 2013 (DD's 5th & my 41st Birthdays) / Coronado Springs Resort ~ Nov. 2011 (DH's 43rd Birthday & MVMCP)/ Wilderness Lodge ~ Sept. 2010 (DD's 8th Birthday & MNSSHP) / Pop Century ~ Dec. 2006 (10th Wedding Anniversary & MVMCP) / Dixie Landings ~ Oct. 2000 (MNSSHP) / Dixie Landings ~ May 1994 / Non-property WDW visits ~ 1980 & 1985
mom2princesses2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:40 PM   #569
TMcDwyer

I finished my first 5K today! I finished in 35:16 and with an 11:14 average pace. GO ME!!! I am even thinking of attempting a 10K on Sept. 25...

Old 08-14-2011, 06:27 PM   #570
indimom
Are We There Yet?

Quote:
I finished my first 5K today! I finished in 35:16 and with an 11:14 average pace. GO ME!!! I am even thinking of attempting a 10K on Sept. 25...
Woo Hoo!! Great Job!
As for the 10K, I say Go For It.

We ran 3.5 miles this morning. A bit slower pace than Friday night. 41 minutes total.

Tomorrow we are scheduled to run again. We aren't really following the program anymore, so we are creating our own. We plan to start adding short sprints into the run (two nights a week). My dad used to run marathons back in the day and said this was how he worked on increasing his pace, so we thought we'd give it a go. Couldn't hurt. We will probably only run 2 miles or so.

We're keeping our Monday PM and Wednesday PM runs a little shorter. Then Friday PM and Sunday AM will be our long runs. We'll see how it works for us.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: