Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 09:15 PM   #106
MARsMama
Mouseketeer
 
MARsMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 494

So glad you were able to get the ADRs you wanted!!

We have done breakfast at CP and liked it so much it was on our must do list for this trip!

We are trying OHana, 1900 Park Fare, and Garden Grill for the first time this trip, and I'm really thinking we should be trying Rose and Crown, but not sure where we'd squeeze it in even if we could get an ADR there.

We liked Tusker House enough to do it again this trip as well, it was actually my hubby's favorite, but we did lunch there so I don't know about the breakfast.
__________________
Dh, me, dd(11), ds(8), ds(6)

March 2009: Our 1st Disney Vacation - ASMu
September 2011 - POR



My First PTR
MARsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:39 PM   #107
mphalens
Those hand sewn buttons, I tell ya!
 
mphalens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,102

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARsMama View Post
So glad you were able to get the ADRs you wanted!!

We have done breakfast at CP and liked it so much it was on our must do list for this trip!

We are trying OHana, 1900 Park Fare, and Garden Grill for the first time this trip, and I'm really thinking we should be trying Rose and Crown, but not sure where we'd squeeze it in even if we could get an ADR there.

We liked Tusker House enough to do it again this trip as well, it was actually my hubby's favorite, but we did lunch there so I don't know about the breakfast.
Glad to hear CP breakfast is on your MUST DO!

My DH requested R&C and apparently both of my parents are very excited about it too (I guess it's been on Mimi's 'Wish List' for years)

We LOVE LOVE LOVE Tusker House breakfast ... I try for the 8am or earlier seating and we each usually make at LEAST 2 trips up to the buffet line! Pretty much we roll out of there, get on the safari and use the time watching the animals to digest We eat enough that we MIGHT need a quick snack later on, but we don't do another MEAL at AK that day, it's just not needed! Of course, if carbs are not your friend like they are mine, this might not be the case but there are all kinds of yumminess there
__________________
Marianne
On the Go Mommy to Phalen (2/05) & Finn (6/08) - my two little Disney Maniacs! Happily married to DH since 7/02!
We can NEVER get enough of the Mouse!

You Want Me to Sew WHAT? A Photo-Journal Trip Report
Christmas Comes Early PTR Nov 27 - Dec 3 2011
mphalens is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-02-2011, 11:53 AM   #108
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran
 
sunnysideup3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
Posts: 611

Ohhh, your ADR's do look good......

So you guys like Ohana? I have it on our list...none of us have been there and I thought it would be a fun meal, but I've heard such mixed reviews....


I'm excited for Crystal Palace, too!
__________________
Jillian (33), DH (39), DS (7), DS (1)


@quirkyinwi (Twitter) @sunnysideup3 (Instagram)

November 2001: WDW- Offsite/ December 2009: WDW- Offsite/ December 2011: WDW-POR
December 2012: WDW-POR/ Jan 2014: Disney Wonder (5 day Western Caribbean)/Jan 2015: WDW-POR /Oct 2015: TBD
sunnysideup3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:30 PM   #109
mphalens
Those hand sewn buttons, I tell ya!
 
mphalens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,102

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysideup3 View Post
Ohhh, your ADR's do look good......

So you guys like Ohana? I have it on our list...none of us have been there and I thought it would be a fun meal, but I've heard such mixed reviews....


I'm excited for Crystal Palace, too!
We've never been to 'Ohana, but my BFF swears by it and since we tend to have similar tastes, I thought it'd be a neat 1st night meal since 'Ohana means 'family' and it'd be our first meal together all six of us because I like to do corky things like have some weird symbolism to things like that

Plus, BFF also happened to time her meal right and gotnto experience Wishes from her table (window view, they pipe the Wishes music in) and said it was absolutely the best ever so I thought that sounded like another good reason... And finally, there is some entertainment for the kids, so that's cool too!
__________________
Marianne
On the Go Mommy to Phalen (2/05) & Finn (6/08) - my two little Disney Maniacs! Happily married to DH since 7/02!
We can NEVER get enough of the Mouse!

You Want Me to Sew WHAT? A Photo-Journal Trip Report
Christmas Comes Early PTR Nov 27 - Dec 3 2011
mphalens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #110
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM
 
momabaarjo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Between Hogwarts & MK
Posts: 4,471

I think your time for R&C is perfect if you were thinking about the Illuminations viewing from there at that meal. You can always linger a little during your meal to make the viewing time perfect from your table...if your table is not a perfect view your CM can take you down to the private patio viewing area for only R&C guests. We did a little bit of both at our ADR (table view was okay, but blocked some by the awning above, so the last half we went down to the waterside patio). I loved the silton salad there, and the toffee pudding was awesome...my fish and chips were good.

I love that Ohana is going to be your first night meal...but I am kinda sappy too!

I have exactly 30 more days from tomorrow til I make my ADRs. I am wanting to hold out for CP too, and have a couple of ideas on ADRs until CP comes available...dang I wish that they were up too so that I would not have to keep second guessing my plans!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:18 AM   #111
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran
 
sunnysideup3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
Posts: 611

[QUOTE=mphalens;41336492]We've never been to 'Ohana, but my BFF swears by it and since we tend to have similar tastes, I thought it'd be a neat 1st night meal since 'Ohana means 'family' and it'd be our first meal together all six of us because I like to do corky things like have some weird symbolism to things like that

Oh, I'm totally the same way, that's one reason why I have 'Ohana as our last family dinner
__________________
Jillian (33), DH (39), DS (7), DS (1)


@quirkyinwi (Twitter) @sunnysideup3 (Instagram)

November 2001: WDW- Offsite/ December 2009: WDW- Offsite/ December 2011: WDW-POR
December 2012: WDW-POR/ Jan 2014: Disney Wonder (5 day Western Caribbean)/Jan 2015: WDW-POR /Oct 2015: TBD
sunnysideup3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #112
Colleen27
DIS Veteran
 
Colleen27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 16,795

Joining in! I followed you "home" from the DISboutiquers thread when I saw your dates are about the same as our current (and always subject to change ) fall plans.

Congrats on getting the ADRs hammered out, that's always the nail-biting part of the trip planning isn't it?

The EWP is still running same as it always has but Disney doesn't seem to publish a whole lot about it. I think they have a little mention of it on the resort page of each resort it passes, but the schedule isn't published and it doesn't get mentioned on the main part of their site as far as I can see.

CP packages didn't go on sale until Aug of last year, so I think we've got a while before we hear anything about those. It is driving me crazy - we're doing either DxDDP or TiW and we do two TS per day, and Epcot restaurant availability is terribly limited while they work on finalizing the packages.
__________________
~~**Colleen & Crew**~~
POR 10/05 ~ BC 08/07 ~ WL 01/08 ~ CBR 12/09 ~ POP 03/11 TR/ DR
POP 1/12 TR ~ ASSp 5/12 ~ CSR 3/13 ~ POP 4/13 ~ ASMu 12/13


Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:50 PM   #113
mphalens
Those hand sewn buttons, I tell ya!
 
mphalens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post
Joining in! I followed you "home" from the DISboutiquers thread when I saw your dates are about the same as our current (and always subject to change ) fall plans.

Congrats on getting the ADRs hammered out, that's always the nail-biting part of the trip planning isn't it?

The EWP is still running same as it always has but Disney doesn't seem to publish a whole lot about it. I think they have a little mention of it on the resort page of each resort it passes, but the schedule isn't published and it doesn't get mentioned on the main part of their site as far as I can see.

CP packages didn't go on sale until Aug of last year, so I think we've got a while before we hear anything about those. It is driving me crazy - we're doing either DxDDP or TiW and we do two TS per day, and Epcot restaurant availability is terribly limited while they work on finalizing the packages.
Well, Hello there! So nice to "see" you here!!!

Thanks for the EWP info!!! I'm hoping my timing of 'Ohana dinner, Wishes viewing and EWP all works out!!!! I just keep thinking what a magical first night that would be

I'd LOVE to do Deluxe dining ... DH & I have decided if he gets the extra money from work he's SUPPOSED to get, we'll upgrade ... otherwise
__________________
Marianne
On the Go Mommy to Phalen (2/05) & Finn (6/08) - my two little Disney Maniacs! Happily married to DH since 7/02!
We can NEVER get enough of the Mouse!

You Want Me to Sew WHAT? A Photo-Journal Trip Report
Christmas Comes Early PTR Nov 27 - Dec 3 2011
mphalens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #114
Colleen27
DIS Veteran
 
Colleen27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 16,795

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphalens View Post
Well, Hello there! So nice to "see" you here!!!

Thanks for the EWP info!!! I'm hoping my timing of 'Ohana dinner, Wishes viewing and EWP all works out!!!! I just keep thinking what a magical first night that would be

I'd LOVE to do Deluxe dining ... DH & I have decided if he gets the extra money from work he's SUPPOSED to get, we'll upgrade ... otherwise
Ooh, I hope you get to upgrade. The DxDDP is so nice, it really feels like an all-inclusive Disney vacation!

Have you looked at the Poly FAQ thread for the specific EWP schedule? I know I've seen it somewhere but I don't remember where. When we stayed at WL in '08 we had the most wonderful room on the ground floor looking out onto Bay Lake and we watched the EWP almost every night from our patio. I want to say it is at WL around 9:30ish, so I'd guess around 9 or 9:15 at the Poly.
__________________
~~**Colleen & Crew**~~
POR 10/05 ~ BC 08/07 ~ WL 01/08 ~ CBR 12/09 ~ POP 03/11 TR/ DR
POP 1/12 TR ~ ASSp 5/12 ~ CSR 3/13 ~ POP 4/13 ~ ASMu 12/13


Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #115
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran
 
sunnysideup3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
Posts: 611

The did release some times for Epcot for dinner during CP. not great times, but some. I finally got a Coral Reef reservation, but it's for 9:05pm. Thats a little late for us, but we can always swing a later lunch and if nothing sooner opens up, we will keep it.
The Disney website said that July would have the packages for the CP out....
__________________
Jillian (33), DH (39), DS (7), DS (1)


@quirkyinwi (Twitter) @sunnysideup3 (Instagram)

November 2001: WDW- Offsite/ December 2009: WDW- Offsite/ December 2011: WDW-POR
December 2012: WDW-POR/ Jan 2014: Disney Wonder (5 day Western Caribbean)/Jan 2015: WDW-POR /Oct 2015: TBD
sunnysideup3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:29 PM   #116
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo
 
miprender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: RI (Home of the Big Blue Bug)
Posts: 4,689

I followed you over from the Disboutique thread too.

Your adorable boys are almost the same ages as mine.

Now what part of RI did you growup in?
__________________
--- DD10 , DS8 , DS5 , DH, me(Michelle)
FBStore: Mi Creations Trip Years: 1996,1997,2001,2006,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
miprender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:05 PM   #117
mphalens
Those hand sewn buttons, I tell ya!
 
mphalens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post
Ooh, I hope you get to upgrade. The DxDDP is so nice, it really feels like an all-inclusive Disney vacation!

Have you looked at the Poly FAQ thread for the specific EWP schedule? I know I've seen it somewhere but I don't remember where. When we stayed at WL in '08 we had the most wonderful room on the ground floor looking out onto Bay Lake and we watched the EWP almost every night from our patio. I want to say it is at WL around 9:30ish, so I'd guess around 9 or 9:15 at the Poly.
I can't remember where I found it either, but it said (I think) 9:00 for Poly, then 9:15 for GF maybe? and then 9:30 for WL ...
Glad to know it's still a go!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysideup3 View Post
The did release some times for Epcot for dinner during CP. not great times, but some. I finally got a Coral Reef reservation, but it's for 9:05pm. Thats a little late for us, but we can always swing a later lunch and if nothing sooner opens up, we will keep it.
The Disney website said that July would have the packages for the CP out....
Right now I have a 7:45 at Garden Grill ... I think I'm going to hold onto that until the CP packages come out in July and see what I can get ... Anyone have an idea of how early we'd have to line up for the FIRST show of the night if we DIDN'T have reserved seats??? I've heard that the first show is the best chance of getting seats if you just "walk up" rather than get the dinner package ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
I followed you over from the Disboutique thread too.

Your adorable boys are almost the same ages as mine.

Now what part of RI did you growup in?
Well hello!!!! I'm glad to see some of my Disboutique friends!!!

I grew up in Jamestown and my parents swear up and down that they'll never leave, which suits me fine, because it means I'll always be able to come back to RI to visit and have a place to stay!!!
Did you grow up in RI too??? I know you live here now, right???

We really should do a little Disboutique Rhode Island get together while I'm here this month ... how much fun would that be???
__________________
Marianne
On the Go Mommy to Phalen (2/05) & Finn (6/08) - my two little Disney Maniacs! Happily married to DH since 7/02!
We can NEVER get enough of the Mouse!

You Want Me to Sew WHAT? A Photo-Journal Trip Report
Christmas Comes Early PTR Nov 27 - Dec 3 2011
mphalens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:31 AM   #118
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo
 
miprender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: RI (Home of the Big Blue Bug)
Posts: 4,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphalens View Post
I grew up in Jamestown and my parents swear up and down that they'll never leave, which suits me fine, because it means I'll always be able to come back to RI to visit and have a place to stay!!!
Did you grow up in RI too??? I know you live here now, right???

We really should do a little Disboutique Rhode Island get together while I'm here this month ... how much fun would that be???
Born and breed in RI. I grew up in Woonsocket.... way on the other side of you but now live in Warwick.

We definately should get together with the boys. We can set something up on FB. Do your sons love Star Wars? Mine are huge fans.
__________________
--- DD10 , DS8 , DS5 , DH, me(Michelle)
FBStore: Mi Creations Trip Years: 1996,1997,2001,2006,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
miprender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:03 AM   #119
mphalens
Those hand sewn buttons, I tell ya!
 
mphalens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,102

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
Born and breed in RI. I grew up in Woonsocket.... way on the other side of you but now live in Warwick.

We definately should get together with the boys. We can set something up on FB. Do your sons love Star Wars? Mine are huge fans.
They are HUGE Star Wars fans!!! I'm worried the younger one is going to freak out about Jedi Training Academy - don't you have to be 4 to do it?
__________________
Marianne
On the Go Mommy to Phalen (2/05) & Finn (6/08) - my two little Disney Maniacs! Happily married to DH since 7/02!
We can NEVER get enough of the Mouse!

You Want Me to Sew WHAT? A Photo-Journal Trip Report
Christmas Comes Early PTR Nov 27 - Dec 3 2011
mphalens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:32 PM   #120
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!
 
DMGeurts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: DON'T feed the children!
Posts: 8,029

Hey! Another one of us followed you over.

All of your ADR plans are making me hungry! We did O'hana for breakfast the last time we were there - it wasn't our favorite - we had an issue with our waiter. But things like that are so few and far between, I'd truly chalk it up to a fluke. The atmosphere is amazing, and the smell of the Poly - Num... if only they'd bottle it.

Anyways - just wanted to say hi.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.