Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2011, 07:46 PM   #91
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

The only one of your ADRs I've done is CP... we love the breakfast there!

Mickey's BBQ sounds like fun... and it looks like it has similar food to WCC (ribs, BBQ chicken, corn on the cob, etc). The only thing I can see that might be a negative is that it's in an open-air pavilion... even Florida can be chilly in December.

Columbia Harbour House and Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe are good QS places in MK. And Sunshine Seasons at Epcot is outstanding!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
PixieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:01 PM   #92
mphalens
Those hand sewn buttons, I tell ya!

Ack! ADRs are TOMORROW!!!!!
What's best? Calling or online??? And what the heck time can I start????

You Want Me to Sew WHAT? A Photo-Journal Trip Report
Christmas Comes Early PTR Nov 27 - Dec 3 2011
mphalens is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2011, 08:21 PM   #93
Reese'smom
Mouseketeer

Subscribing! We are going the same week. I'm stressing about ADRs in the morning too. I plan to try online first (6am) and then calling (7am) if I have trouble online. Here's what we've planned. I use TGM to plan my days.
Sun- DTD, then Chef Mickey's for dinner
Monday- Epcot, quick dinner and to MK for parade
Tuesday- CRT breakfast, MK day
Wednesday- HS, dinner at Boma
Thursday- AK, then to Epcot for Coral Reef dinner
Friday- MK

Mom of Reese (6.5) and Cooper (almost 4)
Reese'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:10 PM   #94
MARsMama
Mouseketeer

When we hit our 180 day window I got up for 7am (6am EST) and made all the reservations online, with the exception of the F! dining package, which we phoned in and got that one. It's so easy online, I would go ahead and try online first, if you have problems then do the phone thing...which is an hour later opening anyway
Good luck with your ADRs!!!

March 2009: Our 1st Disney Vacation - ASMu
September 2011 - POR

My First PTR
MARsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:24 PM   #95
mphalens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese'smom View Post
Subscribing! We are going the same week. I'm stressing about ADRs in the morning too. I plan to try online first (6am) and then calling (7am) if I have trouble online. Here's what we've planned. I use TGM to plan my days.
Sun- DTD, then Chef Mickey's for dinner
Monday- Epcot, quick dinner and to MK for parade
Tuesday- CRT breakfast, MK day
Wednesday- HS, dinner at Boma
Thursday- AK, then to Epcot for Coral Reef dinner
Friday- MK
Welcome!!!!

I think my final (Let's hope we get what we want!!! ) is:
Sun - Crystal Palace (but just the 4 of us) breakfast
Ohana dinner
Mon - Epcot then MK for the parade (CS meals only this day)
Tue - Tusker House early breakfast then late afternoon to MK for MVMCP
Wed - HS (I see you too!) and I'm booking Hollywood & Vine breakfast but don't know if it's a 100% go and then Epcot for Rose & Crown for dinner
Thur - MK and then Mickey's BYBBQ
Fri - 1900 Park Fare breakfast, not sure which park in the morning and then I'm hoping for a Garden Grill Candlelight Processional seating for dinner
Sat - we leave, but I want a lunch at Raglan Road before we do :-)

Good luck in the morning!!! I'm going to read your PTR in a few!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARsMama View Post
When we hit our 180 day window I got up for 7am (6am EST) and made all the reservations online, with the exception of the F! dining package, which we phoned in and got that one. It's so easy online, I would go ahead and try online first, if you have problems then do the phone thing...which is an hour later opening anyway
Good luck with your ADRs!!!
Thanks! I think that's my plan! Online and then call if I can't get what I need :-) Fingers Crossed!

Old 05-31-2011, 07:54 AM   #96
mphalens

Phew! I just wrapped up an hour and a half phone call with a SUPER nice CM! I was up at 4:30, 5:15 and finally gave up and got out of bed and came downstairs at 5:35am ...

As soon as 6:00am hit, I was off ... I was able to get:
1. Ohana at 8:00pm on our first night (11/27)
2. Rose & Crown at 7:45pm but wish it was later (11/30)
3. Tusker House at 8:00am (11/29)
4. 1900 Park Fare at 8:35am (12/2)
5. Crystal Palace at 9:15am (11/27)
6. Hollywood & Vine Play & Dine at 8:00am (11/30)
7. Raglan Road 11:00am (12/3)
8. Garden Grill at 7:45pm (12/2) - I'm holding it for now, but want a Candlelight Processional Seating for the 2nd show that night . . . I figure worst case we could do stand by for the 1st show and then go have dinner afterwards

At this point, the system locked up on me and I couldn't do anything else ... it kept telling me that I was more than 180 days from when I wanted to book and to login (already had ) ... so at 6:59 I dialed WDW DINE ...
Don't you know as soon as I was connected to the automated system, Sheriff Shortstuff woke up and didn't want to walk downstairs by himself. My parents don't have a cordless phone (heck, the phone I dialed on still has PULSE dialing instead of TONE ) so I was not putting down the phone to go get him - he could see me, he can walk just fine, and these were dining reservations we were talking about

I was finally connected (my estimated wait time was 2 minutes, my actual wait time was more like 10 ) and got a fabulous CM ...

With her help I was able to also get:
Mickey's Backyard BBQ for 12/1
Tony's Town Square at 5:20pm (11/28) - not sure if we'll keep this, but it'd be perfect timing to walk out and get a spot for the Electrical Parade that night!
Hollywood & Vine Play & Dine for lunch for just Mimi, the boys & I at 11:30 (12/1)
Raglan Road for an early dinner before MVMCP 4:00pm (11/28)
Sci Fi Dine In 12:30pm (11/30)

So, the only one of those I had on my original plan was MBYBBQ, but since our plans are still up in the air, I thought those lunches & early dinners might work well depending on how our plans actually work out ...

Okay! Opinions, comments, thoughts - throw 'em at me!

One thing I would love to know - have they done away with the Electric Water Pageant??? I was trying to time my Ohana reservation to see Wishes and then walk down to the dock to see the Pageant . . . but the CM couldn't find any times on the Pageant

Old 05-31-2011, 08:42 AM   #97
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Looks good! I get to do ADR's tomorrow.

As far as I know the electical water pageant is still going on. I've seen the times on it, but I forget what time it is at the Poly. I want to say sometime around 9pm, but don't remember what the exact time was.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:45 AM   #98
Monknmom
DIS Veteran

Oh my your a lucky duck to get the ADR's out of the way! I am so nervous to call mine in on the 6th! I was looking for the water pageant too but can't find any information on it! Your going to be leaving the day that we get there! By the way.... which site did you use for your days? Disney doesn't release official park hours when you have to submit the ADR's?

Last edited by Monknmom; 05-31-2011 at 09:14 AM.
Monknmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:35 AM   #99
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

I don't know anything about the Electric Water Pageant, sorry.

Congrats on getting all the ADRs you wanted. I've never booked mine at the 180 day mark, it's always been well after that's passed and luckily haven't had any problems!

Of your ADRs, I've been to CP, Sci-Fi and Tony's. Breakfast at CP is great and we love Sci-Fi... I can't say the same for Tony's! Although, it's been 3 years since we've dined there and it may have changed for the better since then.

I'll be trying R&C and 'Ohana for the first time on my September trips... looking forward to both of those!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
PixieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:47 AM   #100
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

I'm joining in - we'll be there 11/25 - 12/4!

We're contemplating MVMCP on 11/29, and possibly 11/27 or 11/30 if we want to do it a 2nd time (not definite though); we are staying away from 12/2's party since 1) we don't get the DVC discount that night and 2) I'm worried that the crowds may be higher with locals since it is the weekend.

Villainess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:54 AM   #101
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess View Post

We're contemplating MVMCP on 11/29, and possibly 11/27 or 11/30 if we want to do it a 2nd time (not definite though); we are staying away from 12/2's party since 1) we don't get the DVC discount that night and 2) I'm worried that the crowds may be higher with locals since it is the weekend.
I'm starting to think everybody on the DISboards who is going that week will be at MVMCP on 11/29. Not that I don't want to be at MVMCP with the rest of you, but it is making me think that maybe I should look at 11/30 instead.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:47 AM   #102
mphalens

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Looks good! I get to do ADR's tomorrow.

As far as I know the electical water pageant is still going on. I've seen the times on it, but I forget what time it is at the Poly. I want to say sometime around 9pm, but don't remember what the exact time was.
Good luck tomorrow! I hope you get all you want!

I've read about the water pageant and according to the times I found, it's 9pm at the Poly... But I can't find anything on an official site, just in my Unoffical Guide book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monknmom View Post
Oh my your a lucky duck to get the ADR's out of the way! I am so nervous to call mine in on the 6th! I was looking for the water pageant too but can't find any information on it! Your going to be leaving the day that we get there! By the way.... which site did you use for your days? Disney doesn't release official park hours when you have to submit the ADR's?
I'm glad they're "done" but since the CM told me to keep checking back for some "better times" for what I wanted, they're not really done

I used touringplans.com for my days. I don't get why we can book ADRs but they won't release park hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieMama View Post
I don't know anything about the Electric Water Pageant, sorry.

Congrats on getting all the ADRs you wanted. I've never booked mine at the 180 day mark, it's always been well after that's passed and luckily haven't had any problems!

Of your ADRs, I've been to CP, Sci-Fi and Tony's. Breakfast at CP is great and we love Sci-Fi... I can't say the same for Tony's! Although, it's been 3 years since we've dined there and it may have changed for the better since then.

I'll be trying R&C and 'Ohana for the first time on my September trips... looking forward to both of those!
I've never been able to book this far out either. I think starting online helped (and that I wasn't trying for a princess meal) and then "filling in" with calling and speaking with the CM....

I've never been to any of the three you have (that I remember anyway). CP is on my bff's list of "I must try" so I've got high hopes. Sci-Fi she also says is good if I've never been (but it's a lunch, so there's a chance of nixing it anyway) and Tony's was the CMs suggestion based on what was available before the Electrical Parade that night... eh... Who knows if we'll keep it or do CS like I'd originally planned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess View Post

Yeah, we decided we definitely wouldn't do the 2nd for the same reason...

Old 05-31-2011, 11:51 AM   #103
mphalens

Talking

I just had to come back and say ....
The last post was a multiquote from my iPad, so if it's weird, I apologize!

Old 05-31-2011, 03:18 PM   #104
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

great adr's did you try book candlelight processional on the phone? The website gives the impression that you can from 180 days. I was going to try tomorrow...

Also I read somewhere you can see Water Pagent from Poly at 9pm but to cheack with your hotel that it is actually running that night when you are there
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:28 PM   #105
mphalens

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
great adr's did you try book candlelight processional on the phone? The website gives the impression that you can from 180 days. I was going to try tomorrow...

Also I read somewhere you can see Water Pagent from Poly at 9pm but to cheack with your hotel that it is actually running that night when you are there
I did try to book the Candlelight Processional Seating, but she said it has not been released yet. She said last year it was much later than it was normally released so I took my later ADR at Garden Grill and we might just try to "walk up" to the first show of the night... we'll see ...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: