Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2011, 09:24 AM   #46
MARsMama
Mouseketeer

I just checked out your friends photos. Wow, they really did do matching outfits! They look amazing, and I love the themes she used for the parks.
To cut the cost some, or the time in making them, you could do just the shirts with various themed Mickey ears on them....that might even get Dh, and your parents more willing to participate

March 2009: Our 1st Disney Vacation - ASMu
September 2011 - POR

My First PTR
MARsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:23 PM   #47
mphalens
Those hand sewn buttons, I tell ya!

If given the choice ...

Which would you choose????

I've been playing around on the Disney site pricing out other packages ...

If we switched to the Cabins at Ft Wilderness and kept the park hoppers and upgraded to the Deluxe Dining plan, it would only cost us $6110.92.

The 2 bedroom Villa at Saratoga Springs Resort with park hoppers and REGULAR dining plan is currently costing us $5948.20.
If we upgrade to Deluxe dining (which DH & I really want to do) it would cost us $6686.20 ...

So ... would you switch to the Cabins??? Has anyone stayed there? We just got our trip package today in the mail and the boys & I watched the planning video and the shots of the cabins made them look bigger than I'd imagined they would ...

Cabins? SSR? HELP!!!! I need opinions!!!!

You Want Me to Sew WHAT? A Photo-Journal Trip Report
Christmas Comes Early PTR Nov 27 - Dec 3 2011
mphalens is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #48
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Hmmmm...

One difference I can spot is that the cabins have full-sized beds while your villa has king and/or queen. So if going to a smaller bed doesn't bother you, then it may be a valid choice to switch to the cabins.
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
PixieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:23 PM   #49
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphalens View Post

So, I have a feeling it's going to be me and my two boys ... and if we're lucky the other three will maybe have the same color shirt on as us or something ...

So ... I've been drooling over all the beautiful things the creative disboard custom sewers make ... but there are SO many girly things and not as many boy things ... and I've got to figure out what I can make for us that the three of us can wear ...
Who has an idea for me??? I'm thinking about some cute decoupaged jeans ... but I need other ideas ... weather in November scares me ... who knows if it will be beautiful or freezing cold???
OMG...we are too alike. I swore when I had children I would never dress them alike (hated that my mom dressed me and my 2 sisters in the same outfit until we were basically out of the house)...NOW what do I do? My boys always match and they have to match somewhat with their sister...

I have so been thinking how I could pull this off on our trip...knowing full well husband will NOT get into the act. I am planning on having them in the same color tops...I am a scrapbooker and I like my pictures to match. Already thinking that day in AK will be green, HW will be red, maybe purple...MK in navy....

I have seen some cute Micky Mouse tye dye shirts that I am thinking about getting for the kids. My 2 oldest are past the character shirt phase...and I so know my dd-teenager will not do them for me now!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:29 PM   #50
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

Cabins vs Villas

I think I would go with the Villas...according to the facts the cabin is 504 square feet and the 2 bedroom villa is 1075 square feet. While I love my family, after a long day in the parks SPACE is important!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:30 PM   #51
mphalens

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
OMG...we are too alike. I swore when I had children I would never dress them alike (hated that my mom dressed me and my 2 sisters in the same outfit until we were basically out of the house)...NOW what do I do? My boys always match and they have to match somewhat with their sister...

I have so been thinking how I could pull this off on our trip...knowing full well husband will NOT get into the act. I am planning on having them in the same color tops...I am a scrapbooker and I like my pictures to match. Already thinking that day in AK will be green, HW will be red, maybe purple...MK in navy....

I have seen some cute Micky Mouse tye dye shirts that I am thinking about getting for the kids. My 2 oldest are past the character shirt phase...and I so know my dd-teenager will not do them for me now!
I always swore I wouldn't ... until I did ... and then I sort of stopped, but DS#1 kept asking why his little brother wasn't wearing the same outfit as he was b/c apparently he LIKED his little brother having to dress "like him"
It's getting harder and harder to do though ... because apparently a size 6 and a 2T don't wear the same things

I totally just bought 4 patterns recommended by the DisBoutiquers for making pants & bowling style shirts for the boys, hats too ... and a cute dress pattern for me :-) And I hit Goodwill today and bought some jeans I'm going to try decoupaging with Disney themed fabrics ... wish me luck!!!

I figure if we're doing a Toy Story theme for a day at HS I can get DH to at least wear an Alien shirt or something that coordinates maybe
Same idea with a Mickey theme at MK or what have you ... right?
Of course, he might just do this ---------> but a girl can try, right?

Old 04-12-2011, 08:32 PM   #52
mphalens

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
I think I would go with the Villas...according to the facts the cabin is 504 square feet and the 2 bedroom villa is 1075 square feet. While I love my family, after a long day in the parks SPACE is important!
Um yeah ... I finally found some reports about the cabins in the Camping forum ... they won't work for us ... there's only ONE bathroom Too many sensitive tummies on this trip to only have ONE bathroom

Old 04-21-2011, 05:42 AM   #53
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

I just came across your PTR!! Your family is adorable! Another Charlottean here..I don't think I have come across anyone on the DIS from our area except a little boy who took a MAW trip a while back. Couldn't resist saying
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:49 AM   #54
mphalens

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
I just came across your PTR!! Your family is adorable! Another Charlottean here..I don't think I have come across anyone on the DIS from our area except a little boy who took a MAW trip a while back. Couldn't resist saying
yay!!!! another Charlottean!!!!

I wonder if the MAW trip little boy is my Mr CA's bff ... was the trip in Fall '09???

Old 04-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #55
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Quote:
yay!!!! another Charlottean!!!!

I wonder if the MAW trip little boy is my Mr CA's bff ... was the trip in Fall '09???
I had to go back and check the dates. This little boy had a Wish Trip December 6-14, 2008. His name is Sebastian. I found his TR and his Mom's Blog last year and he is so cute!!!!
Old 04-21-2011, 07:04 PM   #56
mphalens

Quote:
I had to go back and check the dates. This little boy had a Wish Trip December 6-14, 2008. His name is Sebastian. I found his TR and his Mom's Blog last year and he is so cute!!!!
Yup! That's my older DS's BFF!!!!! My kids are actually in her blog a lot (and her blog is AMAZING, isn't it???) Golly! I can't believe it was 2008 ... it still seems like it was just last year ... The things their family has gone through in the past 4 years would be enough to make many give up, but they just keep becoming more and more amazing.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:16 PM   #57
blessedmom4

Quote:
Yup! That's my older DS's BFF!!!!! My kids are actually in her blog a lot (and her blog is AMAZING, isn't it???) Golly! I can't believe it was 2008 ... it still seems like it was just last year ... The things their family has gone through in the past 4 years would be enough to make many give up, but they just keep becoming more and more amazing.
That is so cool! I just went back and it looks like you AND your children are in the Discovery Place photos?? Am I correct? (I love that place). We have had a few trials ourselves, it is so incredible to just let go and let God work out the details. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to watching your plans unfold!
Old 04-21-2011, 08:20 PM   #58
mphalens

Quote:
That is so cool! I just went back and it looks like you AND your children are in the Discovery Place photos?? Am I correct? (I love that place). We have had a few trials ourselves, it is so incredible to just let go and let God work out the details. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to watching your plans unfold!
That's me on the left :-)

I just had my little guy with me that day (Mr CA went to work with Daddy)

I've been following your PTR too ... I hope your trip is full of pixie dust!!!

Old 04-22-2011, 05:08 AM   #59
blessedmom4

Quote:
That's me on the left :-)

GREAT Picture! It is wonderful to have such a supportive group of ladies to get together with! Good for children AND Moms!
I just had my little guy with me that day (Mr CA went to work with Daddy)

I should have realized there was one sweetie missing; however, the picture of all of those cuties together was distracting! I don't follow the Blog; however, pop in from time to time to make sure they are okay and catch up a little on things. We share one set of the same doctors (Maybe more; however, I have seen some of our incredible friends in her posts).
I've been following your PTR too ... I hope your trip is full of pixie dust!!!

Thank you for letting me know you are following along, it means a LOT!
Old 04-24-2011, 04:13 AM   #60
blessedmom4

Hopped by to say....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: