Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2011, 07:09 PM   #136
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphalens View Post
I'm really excited about the Deluxe dining - but I can't figure out any ADR's to add. MrCA wants Chef Mickey - but I can't get a decent time at any part of our week that we could make it work. Oh well keep trying, right?

We're still undecided about MVMCP. I think it's going to come down to a "IF DH GETS HIS BONUS" decision. We might not get to take advantage of the advance purchase pricing, but at least we'd really have the money to do it, kwim?

I'm still trying to figure out what outfits I'm going to make . . . and obviously I need to add in various and assorted pirate pajamas now :-) I really want to make the boys some fabulous pirate outfits and let them do Pirates League (since Sheriff Shortstuff won't be old enough for Jedi Academy) - but MrCA isn't really keen on facepainting and I feel like that's all Pirates League really is, isn't it?

Has anyone done Pirates League that can tell me about it? Obviously I'd make their outfits rather than buy at Disney, so what all is included in the price????
We just did the Pirate League and it was AWESOME (to quote my son) It really is a cool experience. The cost is $29.99 and you get a Pirate Name, Sword, EyePatch, Sheath to hold the sword, bandana, earring & fake teeth plus the Makeup. But the room that they do the makeup in is just so cool. I think your boys will love it. I have some pictures up on FB from the PirateLeague when you get a chance.

My DS5 (now 6) did the Jedi training too and he loved that. Wasn't sure if he was going to back out but he did it and wants to do it again next time.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:18 PM   #137
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Marianne!!!!!!!!

OK - I think I have just lost my marbles... I'll be back in a minute to give you input on your ADRs

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2011, 07:54 PM   #138
mphalens
Those hand sewn buttons, I tell ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
We just did the Pirate League and it was AWESOME (to quote my son) It really is a cool experience. The cost is $29.99 and you get a Pirate Name, Sword, EyePatch, Sheath to hold the sword, bandana, earring & fake teeth plus the Makeup. But the room that they do the makeup in is just so cool. I think your boys will love it. I have some pictures up on FB from the PirateLeague when you get a chance.

My DS5 (now 6) did the Jedi training too and he loved that. Wasn't sure if he was going to back out but he did it and wants to do it again next time.
I'm off to go look at pictures on Facebook!
Phalen LOVED Jedi Training on our last trip . . . I just know Finn thinks he can do it this time but there is just NO WAY he'd pass for 4 years old We don't call him shortstuff for nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
OK - I think I have just lost my marbles... I'll be back in a minute to give you input on your ADRs

D~
let me know when you find them

You Want Me to Sew WHAT? A Photo-Journal Trip Report
Christmas Comes Early PTR Nov 27 - Dec 3 2011
mphalens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:00 PM   #139
DMGeurts

Quote:
1. Ohana at 8:00pm on our first night (11/27)
2. Rose & Crown at 7:45pm but wish it was later (11/30)
3. Tusker House at 8:00am (11/29)
4. 1900 Park Fare at 8:35am (12/2)
5. Crystal Palace at 9:15am (11/27)
6. Hollywood & Vine Play & Dine at 8:00am (11/30)
7. Raglan Road 11:00am (12/3)
8. Garden Grill at 7:45pm (12/2) - I'm holding it for now, but want a Candlelight Processional Seating for the 2nd show that night . . . I figure worst case we could do stand by for the 1st show and then go have dinner afterwards

Mickey's Backyard BBQ for 12/1
Tony's Town Square at 5:20pm (11/28) - not sure if we'll keep this, but it'd be perfect timing to walk out and get a spot for the Electrical Parade that night!
Hollywood & Vine Play & Dine for lunch for just Mimi, the boys & I at 11:30 (12/1)
Raglan Road for an early dinner before MVMCP 4:00pm (11/28)
Sci Fi Dine In 12:30pm (11/30)
Gosh - I haven't sat down and planned a Disney menu in a long time.

I can tell you that I've eaten at GG and loved it.... It was one of the best meals/character interactions we had while at WDW. So, that one is a definate must do again someday.

And I love Crystal Palace too... That was an amazing breakfast - a lot of fun!

Those are the only opinions I can add... the only other restaurant that we ate at that we just loved was Liberty Tree Tavern - even though there were no characters (for lunch) - the food was supurb and the CMs were amazing.

D~
Old 08-09-2011, 08:01 PM   #140
DMGeurts

Quote:

let me know when you find them
It might be a while... I haven't even started looking yet.

D~
Old 08-09-2011, 09:00 PM   #141
Monknmom
DIS Veteran

My son has some sensory issues and will let his face get painted, but wants it off right away so I didn't want to waste the money on that... have you maybe thought about the pirate cruise for the kids only? It's 2 hours and they find treasure and get a bandanna and photopass people are there with them! I think that it's the same price as the pirates league I'm not totally positive about that though, but this is the link! I think that might be a little bit more fun for my son at least!
Old 08-09-2011, 09:11 PM   #142
mphalens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monknmom View Post
My son has some sensory issues and will let his face get painted, but wants it off right away so I didn't want to waste the money on that... have you maybe thought about the pirate cruise for the kids only? It's 2 hours and they find treasure and get a bandanna and photopass people are there with them! I think that it's the same price as the pirates league I'm not totally positive about that though, but this is the link! I think that might be a little bit more fun for my son at least!
Dagnabit! I knew there was a reason it wasn't an option for us They have to be 4. Sheriff Shortstuff will only be 3.5 when we go and he's SHORT. No way he'd pass for 4

Thanks for the idea though!!!

Old 08-09-2011, 09:23 PM   #143
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm really excited about the Deluxe dining - but I can't figure out any ADR's to add. MrCA wants Chef Mickey - but I can't get a decent time at any part of our week that we could make it work. Oh well keep trying, right?

We're still undecided about MVMCP. I think it's going to come down to a "IF DH GETS HIS BONUS" decision. We might not get to take advantage of the advance purchase pricing, but at least we'd really have the money to do it, kwim?

I'm still trying to figure out what outfits I'm going to make . . . and obviously I need to add in various and assorted pirate pajamas now :-) I really want to make the boys some fabulous pirate outfits and let them do Pirates League (since Sheriff Shortstuff won't be old enough for Jedi Academy) - but MrCA isn't really keen on facepainting and I feel like that's all Pirates League really is, isn't it?

Has anyone done Pirates League that can tell me about it? Obviously I'd make their outfits rather than buy at Disney, so what all is included in the price????
Absolutely keep trying. Odds are a lot of people booked free dining and accompanying ADRs on trips they aren't 100% sure they'll take. There's usually a fair number of cancellations around the 45 day final payment mark.

My older two really enjoyed the Pirates League, but we went before they revamped their offerings so I'm not sure what all is included now. We went with the cheap package that was just facepainting and accessories back when they still had a range of packages that went all the way up to including a costume. Now as I understand it, you just book the basic package regardless and can buy the costumes as add-ons if you want?

Anyway, the kids really had a blast. They start out with choosing a pirate name, then get the makeover and the photos in the no-cameras-allowed secret treasure room. The only thing is that the "cursed pirate" look makeup is extremely hard to get off. I would highly suggest picking up a package of makeup remover cloths to throw in your parks bag for that day in case your kids decide, as mine did, that the makeup was too hot and itchy and wanted to take it off before sitting down to dinner.

Colleen27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:37 PM   #144
mphalens

okay, as promised, here is my planning grid and my very vague ideas for outfits . . .

The lunch for 4 on Thursday will be cancelled if we keep the breakfast for 6 on Wednesday. Sheriff Shortstuff loves Oso & Manny and I think he'd love getting to dance around with them.
The same goes for lunch at Raglan Rd on Saturday . . . we want to be sure to take Papa there at some point in the week, but if we don't do MVMCP on Tuesday or if going to DTD and back doesn't seem feasible, I wanted a backup scheduled.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:51 PM   #145
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

I love the planning grid. I'm not nearly that organized, I just have one line in my spreadsheet, wedged in between park hours and meal plans, for short notes on outfits.

I see you have the same problem I do with more outfit ideas/themes than days. Do you take breaks back at the resort and change the kids then? I haven't quite gotten there yet so I'm working on paring down my ideas list to one outfit for each day.

Colleen27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:13 PM   #146
mphalens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post
I love the planning grid. I'm not nearly that organized, I just have one line in my spreadsheet, wedged in between park hours and meal plans, for short notes on outfits.

I see you have the same problem I do with more outfit ideas/themes than days. Do you take breaks back at the resort and change the kids then? I haven't quite gotten there yet so I'm working on paring down my ideas list to one outfit for each day.

Thanks! Sadly my problem is usually more along the lines of "the kids look like PigPen and need to be changed in order to remain in public" rather than taking a break and making them change

Also, the last time I was in WDW for the week after Thanksgiving I was 4. I have a picture, but no scanner, I'll have to try to work on that. Our last couple of trips have been the last week of January/first week of February, so I'm really not sure what we'll be seeing weather wise. I really want to figure out a good "roll-up" pant pattern (or really just modify my favorite pant pattern to BE roll-up leg style) because I think that will work the best for my boys. This is also our first time staying on-site in quite a while, so the option of being able to go back to the resort mid-day is still sort of "new" to us . . .

Old 08-09-2011, 10:38 PM   #147
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

I love the planning spreadsheet . Thanks for posting that, I showed it to Bill so he could see I was not he only spreadsheet planner, he just shook his head at me . The outfit ideas sound adorable.

We are going to be at DHS on Dec. 2nd too .
mrsksomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:49 PM   #148
DisMomJill
Mouseketeer

Subbing.... Came over from the DisBoutiquers thread when I noticed you would be there at the same time as us. I'm still trying to finalize our park days and ADRs because we didn't even decide to go on this trip until about 6 weeks ago. And then I need to get busy sewing since I got this crazy idea to make clothes for my DD (even though I haven't sewed anything in about 10 years)!

DisMomJill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:50 PM   #149
Monknmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Dagnabit! I knew there was a reason it wasn't an option for us They have to be 4. Sheriff Shortstuff will only be 3.5 when we go and he's SHORT. No way he'd pass for 4

Thanks for the idea though!!!
Sorry I didn't realize the ages!

You are SO organized! I should hire you to do mine! Including the clothes.... I am still trying to figure out if I should make them or try to buy them? I love what the creative DISer's do so I am more leaning toward that! I mean if your going to be taking the photopass anyway...... I love the plans though!
Old 08-10-2011, 08:10 PM   #150
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Love the spread sheet too. 1900 PF was our best breakfast of our trip followed by Tusker House.

Which days do you need planning outfits for? It looks like you have mostly everything covered.

PS: I am so wanting to go back after seeing everything you have planned. I am in serious Disney withdrawals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post

That is what we did. I ended up making outfits around some of our ADRs but didn't want them dirty before dinner so I then made more outfits. Then I lost track of how many I made for DD and she had more so I then needed more for my sons.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: