Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2011, 11:38 AM   #16
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherinva View Post
The Wonder looked so beautiful decorated for Christmas...I'm sure the Fantasy will be the same....I WILL take more pictures this time
In all honesty, I wish we were sailing on the Magic or Wonder (smaller ships).......I am sure it will still be wonderful, though

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:46 PM   #17
sdlong329
"Life is just a Fantasy!"

I considered podcast 2.0, but was not comfortable with a cruise of less than 7 days. I too, love the classic ships (prefer the Magic over the Wonder) ... but I am sure the Fantasy will come through for us (after realizing the faults of the Dream). Yes, the ships look fabulous during the holidays.

Look at it this way ... a larger ship means more space for us to take over!

Steven
sdlong329 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #18
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlong329 View Post
I considered podcast 2.0, but was not comfortable with a cruise of less than 7 days. I too, love the classic ships (prefer the Magic over the Wonder) ... but I am sure the Fantasy will come through for us (after realizing the faults of the Dream). Yes, the ships look fabulous during the holidays.

Look at it this way ... a larger ship means more space for us to take over!

Steven
You are so right....on PCC 2.0 there was a sea of DIS lanyards....everywhere you went you saw DISers...oh and on the day we left, most of us wore DIS T-shirts too....it was so cool !!!

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayšoš
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:39 PM   #19
sdlong329

I wonder if PC 1.0 or 2.0 ever had t.shirts which read (something like) ... The DIS TAKES OVER THE DISNEY WONDER ...

If not ... I think it would be a good idea. Any thoughts?
Old 06-06-2011, 08:49 AM   #20
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Hi everyone. My name is Chuck and I am traveling with my partner Mark. We decided to change our Wonder cruise in Feb 2012 to the Fantasy. We just got off the first 5 night DD on the Dream. Beautiful ship and the artwork and detailing was amazing.

We too are looking forward to seeing the ship decorated for Christmas. We are doing the parks for 7 days prior to the cruise so we will be totally immersed in the holiday spirit.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone over the next year and a half.
philatiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:48 AM   #21
Cherinva

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
Hi everyone. My name is Chuck and I am traveling with my partner Mark. We decided to change our Wonder cruise in Feb 2012 to the Fantasy. We just got off the first 5 night DD on the Dream. Beautiful ship and the artwork and detailing was amazing.

We too are looking forward to seeing the ship decorated for Christmas. We are doing the parks for 7 days prior to the cruise so we will be totally immersed in the holiday spirit.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone over the next year and a half.
Welcome to PCC 4.0 Chuck (and Mark)....we look forward to meeting you. Just so you know, if you go under the PodCast Cruises forum, we have a couple of threads that might interest you. I have one that you list your cabin number (if you want to...it's just for fun) and I have another that's for Chit Chat...so we can talk and get to know each other. Closer to the cruise, I'm sure mini DIS meets will form, before and after the cruise. Feel free to join in any of them....it's a blast. Oh, there's also the Fish Extender....See you in December of 2012 !!!

Old 06-06-2011, 11:50 AM   #22
Cherinva

Quote:
I wonder if PC 1.0 or 2.0 ever had t.shirts which read (something like) ... The DIS TAKES OVER THE DISNEY WONDER ...

If not ... I think it would be a good idea. Any thoughts?
This is a great idea !!! Maybe Cafe Press could do something like that for us?

For PCC 1.0 I think they wore the DISUnplugged Tee Shirts, and for PCC 2.0 shirts were made with the logo for the cruise that we wore.

Old 06-06-2011, 01:53 PM   #23
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Welcome to PCC 4.0 Chuck (and Mark)....we look forward to meeting you. Just so you know, if you go under the PodCast Cruises forum, we have a couple of threads that might interest you. I have one that you list your cabin number (if you want to...it's just for fun) and I have another that's for Chit Chat...so we can talk and get to know each other. Closer to the cruise, I'm sure mini DIS meets will form, before and after the cruise. Feel free to join in any of them....it's a blast. Oh, there's also the Fish Extender....See you in December of 2012 !!!
Thanks for the welcome. I'll check out the other threads tonight. Unfortunately we will be keeping our reservation with DCL so we will miss out on the podcast activities on the ship. We booked a cat 6b aft cabin that I don't want to give up. Are you keeping the roll call for this cruise on the other thread or this one? I handled the roll call and meet n greets on the last cruise. I turned over the FE to someone else since we don't do them. I'l be posting often, I can be a chatter at times.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:08 PM   #24
Cherinva

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome. I'll check out the other threads tonight. Unfortunately we will be keeping our reservation with DCL so we will miss out on the podcast activities on the ship. We booked a cat 6b aft cabin that I don't want to give up. Are you keeping the roll call for this cruise on the other thread or this one? I handled the roll call and meet n greets on the last cruise. I turned over the FE to someone else since we don't do them. I'l be posting often, I can be a chatter at times.
I'm keeping the roll call on the other thread...it's called Post your cabin number for PCC 4.0. We have a cat 6B aft also...we might be neighbors !!!! Too bad you'll miss the Podcast stuff....they did some really nice things on PCC 2.0.....but that doesn't mean that we can't all meet up anyway....there's some talk about doing a cabin crawl, and meeting up in one of the clubs...we have plenty of time, and I'm sure there will be a bunch of things set up outside of the PodCast events.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:29 PM   #25
sdlong329

Quote:
This is a great idea !!! Maybe Cafe Press could do something like that for us?

For PCC 1.0 I think they wore the DISUnplugged Tee Shirts, and for PCC 2.0 shirts were made with the logo for the cruise that we wore.
I saw the PCC 1.0 shirts. I've never used Cafe Press ... never wanted to be a guinea pig, or worry about quality. For that matter, HECK, *I* can get tshirts printed (The DIS takes over the Fantasy). Then again, I would need permission from a higher authority (Peter and Company)!
Old 06-06-2011, 02:37 PM   #26
Cherinva

Quote:
I saw the PCC 1.0 shirts. I've never used Cafe Press ... never wanted to be a guinea pig, or worry about quality. For that matter, HECK, *I* can get tshirts printed (The DIS takes over the Fantasy). Then again, I would need permission from a higher authority (Peter and Company)!
All you can do is ask....I don't think it would be a problem though...

Old 06-06-2011, 02:37 PM   #27
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
I'm keeping the roll call on the other thread...it's called Post your cabin number for PCC 4.0. We have a cat 6B aft also...we might be neighbors !!!! Too bad you'll miss the Podcast stuff....they did some really nice things on PCC 2.0.....but that doesn't mean that we can't all meet up anyway....there's some talk about doing a cabin crawl, and meeting up in one of the clubs...we have plenty of time, and I'm sure there will be a bunch of things set up outside of the PodCast events.
We are in 6192. I have always booked with DCL. Is there a way to switch to DU and be part of the group without losing pricing or our cabin?
Old 06-06-2011, 02:43 PM   #28
Cherinva

Quote:
We are in 6192. I have always booked with DCL. Is there a way to switch to DU and be part of the group without losing pricing or our cabin?
I'm not sure, but I would contact Tracey Heinrichs....

traceyh@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com

If anyone could help you, she could. If not, she will be upfront with you...she's wonderful to work with.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:35 PM   #29
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

My DH (ssanders79) uses Cafe Press - he created shirts for our June 2012 Fantasy cruise - I actually ordered them and received them already. Easy to use and excellent quality!!! He can provide the link for us if you wanted to see....

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:47 AM   #30
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not sure, but I would contact Tracey Heinrichs....

traceyh@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com

If anyone could help you, she could. If not, she will be upfront with you...she's wonderful to work with.
What is an FE?

MK [and EPCOT under construction] 3/82, WDW 7/99, WDW/DCL 7/02, Indy DIS 9/10, PCC DCL/WDW 12/10Indy DIS 9/11 PCC DCL/WDW 12/12DAP 12/13
Cruised: DCL, CCL, X, RCCL, NCL
mdvlprof is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: