Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2011, 05:22 PM   #91
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

I feel badly that your day was just kinda hard to get through! Kids that are just not enjoying what's going on make for a tough time on everyone. Glad you did end up getting a few pictures of Pooh though, before you had to leave. They did turn out pretty cute!

Old 04-28-2011, 09:56 PM   #92
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Sorry your AK visit wasn't very magical! We've definitey had days like that where nothing seems to go smoothly.
it started out pretty good, but then
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Love the Winnie the Pooh pics!

Am sorry to hear your day didn't go as planned.
thanks the Pooh pics make me smile even though it wasn't a fabulous experience
Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
I feel badly that your day was just kinda hard to get through! Kids that are just not enjoying what's going on make for a tough time on everyone. Glad you did end up getting a few pictures of Pooh though, before you had to leave. They did turn out pretty cute!
it's ok, we still want to go back, and so do the boys, and I learned a very important lesson, like most people I think would agree with, future trips will just be our little family
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2011, 01:19 AM   #93
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
it's ok, we still want to go back, and so do the boys, and I learned a very important lesson, like most people I think would agree with, future trips will just be our little family
Yep! It's the only way to do it. THere's just too many ways a big group can want to go, and all of them are different according to each individual. Family vacays are best left to camping.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:29 AM   #94
MEK
DIS Veteran

Your easter cake is beautiful!

Good luck on your move.

Ugh - your AK day sounds like it was tough, but sprinkled with just enough great moments to make it a keeper.

Love the family PP pictures. They turned out great!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 04-29-2011, 07:23 AM   #95
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Joey's Pooh pictures (that sounds wrong! ) are cute! I'm glad you got a few smiles in the end there. Sorry your AK day had the bumps but yes, I'm looking forward to hearing all about your future trips with just your family.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:50 PM   #96
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Yep! It's the only way to do it. THere's just too many ways a big group can want to go, and all of them are different according to each individual. Family vacays are best left to camping.
or maybe a cruise but on a different rotation j/k but def. not a disney trip again

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Your easter cake is beautiful!

Good luck on your move.

Ugh - your AK day sounds like it was tough, but sprinkled with just enough great moments to make it a keeper.

Love the family PP pictures. They turned out great!
Thanks, that is a great way to look at it, tough but sprinkled with great moments to make it a keeper, I love that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Joey's Pooh pictures (that sounds wrong! ) are cute! I'm glad you got a few smiles in the end there. Sorry your AK day had the bumps but yes, I'm looking forward to hearing all about your future trips with just your family.
though poo is a regular topic in our house I've never taken any pictures, but we do love pictures with Pooh

Yes like Amy we are doing things VERY different next time, and I can't wait to share my plans, but it's a little early yet
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 04-29-2011, 10:02 PM   #97
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Once I meet up with Dh again I see Jack is asleep in the stroller so we decide to stop at Flame Tree BBQ and grab some lunch (with the plan to get something for Jack and just take it back to the house for him). Lunch was wonderful, I enjoyed the BBQ ck salad, DH gets the pork pulled sandwich, and I get the kids an order of ribs to share. No pictures of course thanks to my dead camera battery. Jack wakes up as we are cleaning the table and eats a little bit. Then on cue they both start again “lets go home, I wanna go home”

So we pack up and head out, but not before taking some more photopass pictures (really it only happened because I got us turned around and had to stop and pull out the map, there was a PP there) I’m glad we stopped because Dh and I haven’t taken pictures just the two of us in forever, and the PP had us take some, and I’m so glad he did.

I stopped in the gift shop outside AK to get the boys shirts to wear the next day at MK.

The boys both fell asleep on the walk back to the car.

Of course we take another dip in the pool and just relax. We had dinner and decided not to head back to a park tonight because tomorrow we are going to MK.

That ended our AK time:
Favorite: Mickey ice-cream
Lease Favorite: waiting in dinoland
Overall: a decent day, wish I could’ve taken the boys to see Nemo or FOTLK (that’s why we go back though, right)

So instead of visiting a park we decide to head out for dessert…. So where do you think we went? (and this was a highlight of our trip)

Old 04-30-2011, 04:09 PM   #98
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Am glad your day got better.

Them PP pics look great and yay on getting some of DH and yourself. I love the B&W one

Your right - there's always the next trip for Nemo and FOTLK.

Am looking forward to reading about where you went for dessert. Am going to guess Ghiradelli's.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:53 PM   #99
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Am glad your day got better.

Them PP pics look great and yay on getting some of DH and yourself. I love the B&W one

Your right - there's always the next trip for Nemo and FOTLK.

Am looking forward to reading about where you went for dessert. Am going to guess Ghiradelli's.
Thanks things were looking up and the evening does get better

I was so glad the PP had us step aside and take some pics just the two of us

Old 05-01-2011, 12:46 PM   #100
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

I'm bored to tears right now, doing laundry and in the middle of a flash flood watch (prepared to evacuate if necessary)... so home for the day and guess I'll post this next update...

So one of my Dh’s only requests for this trip was to get some ice-cream, some GOOD ice-cream, so where else would I take him then the place home to the kitchen sink. (we weren’t ready to tackle something like that, but the table next to us did, they had 8 in their party though) The hotel was beautiful and my DH said he’d like to stay here too someday, until I told him how much we would have to pay, lol.

here is my horrible shot of the outside of the hotel walking in

my DH sat in this kids sitting area in the lobby while I walked around to find out where to go, I couldn't even remember the name of the restaurant

The kids enjoyed selecting music and probably pushed like 10 songs. The atmosphere and décor was fun.

The boys each got the kids ice cream- Joey got vanilla with sprinkles and Jack got chocolate with chocolate sprinkles.

My Dh got the Milky way Sundae

and I got the No Way Jose.

Everyone enjoyed their sundaes (and Joey sampled a little from everyone’s dish) but we all agreed it was too much and we could’ve shared. Our waiter was fantastic, we tipped him very well, sorry I didn’t catch his name. Joey spilled his water everywhere, we cleaned up the table and bench but felt bad about the floor, our waiter said not a problem.

(it was all my fault, I let him take his lid off)

It’s definitely a place we would visit again and was probably one of the best memories of the trips, the boys were happy the whole time and never once asked to go home.

When we left the fireworks for Illuminations were going off and we asked the kids if they wanted to sit and watch, they say no so we head home to get to bed early, we have a rope drop to make tomorrow. But first we grabbed some pictures outside.

(this is one of my favorite pictures from our trip)

up next...can a party of 10 make it to an MK rope drop?

Old 05-01-2011, 02:28 PM   #101
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Oh I was going to guess Beaches and Cream! No really!

What a smart photographer to get you two on your own for some PP pics. Everything looks delicious at B&C, even the kids sundae's look huge.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:59 AM   #103
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

The flash flood watch sounds horrible - I hope you don't have to evacuate.

Beach club looks awesome - I would love to stay there one day but like you the price may put me off!

I can't believe I didn't think of Beaches and Cream! I just went with Ghiradelli's because I had been reading about it in other TRs for most of yesterday.

I'm so glad that this was one of your trip highlights as we will be visiting and I am planning on getting the No Way Jose sundae - may think of sharing it if it is too filling!

Love that the boys enjoyed the visit and you had a great waiter!
Old 05-02-2011, 12:25 PM   #104
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Oh I was going to guess Beaches and Cream! No really!

What a smart photographer to get you two on your own for some PP pics. Everything looks delicious at B&C, even the kids sundae's look huge.
I know you were, sorry I didn't leave a longer break between posts, it's just no fun being stuck at home with nothing to do

Yes I thought that PP was smart too, I would've never thought to take pictures just the two of us

Jack did finish his sundae, he was the only one to finish, I should've took after pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I just saw this link in your signature Jessica. It might take me a little while to get caught up, but I'm signing on!
Hooray your here

Quote:
The flash flood watch sounds horrible - I hope you don't have to evacuate.

Beach club looks awesome - I would love to stay there one day but like you the price may put me off!

I can't believe I didn't think of Beaches and Cream! I just went with Ghiradelli's because I had been reading about it in other TRs for most of yesterday.

I'm so glad that this was one of your trip highlights as we will be visiting and I am planning on getting the No Way Jose sundae - may think of sharing it if it is too filling!

Love that the boys enjoyed the visit and you had a great waiter!
thanks I'm hoping we don't need to evacuate either

I was thinking of you as I posted the Beaches and Cream post, especially since I had read you plan to try the no way jose sundae, it was SOOOOOOO GOOD, just way too much for me, I only ate half of it

a night away from the parks was just what they needed and who wouldn't be in a good mood after being allowed to eat so much ice-cream

Old 05-02-2011, 12:44 PM   #105
All7OfUs

Hmmm... I too would have guessed Ghiradelli, but B&C is just as good! So glad that the kids enjoyed their time there- nice to have just your little family getting some fun stuff together. Yeah, the portions are HUGE there- we saw many gigantic things coming out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: