Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2011, 01:14 PM   #46
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post

Joeys fear is sharks in water, why he thinks there are sharks in a pool, I don't know, but that is his story. So...?

I'm not all the way caught up yet, but I had to tell you that when the movie JAWS first came out I refused to go in the ocean all summer... and I was a teenager! Glad you were able to use your mommy powers of persuasion to get him in the water!

And park plans are meant to be broken if its for the greater good of the group!

ETA: All caught up!

Kathy

Last edited by KathyRN137; 04-14-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:22 PM   #47
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Glad you got your TSM ride first thing, and that getting the GAC was something that went so smoothly. I think the line system they have there IS confusing! I think I breezed right on by the FP line too, only to have to backtrack some to find it.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2011, 08:40 AM   #48
Jrabbit910
Keep Calm and get your Sparkle on!!

All caught up! Cant wait to read how the "no stroller" situation worked out! Happy birthday to you & Jack. I hope we get to read some birthday stories too!

Old 04-15-2011, 11:01 AM   #49
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
I'm not all the way caught up yet, but I had to tell you that when the movie JAWS first came out I refused to go in the ocean all summer... and I was a teenager! Glad you were able to use your mommy powers of persuasion to get him in the water!

And park plans are meant to be broken if its for the greater good of the group!

ETA: All caught up!

Kathy
yes I can understand being scared of the ocean...Joey enjoyed the pool all week, but not is back to being afraid

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Glad you got your TSM ride first thing, and that getting the GAC was something that went so smoothly. I think the line system they have there IS confusing! I think I breezed right on by the FP line too, only to have to backtrack some to find it.
We knew it would have to be the first ride we tackled, but man yes the lines were so confusing. I wish we had gone back to ride again, but I just wasn't prepared even though I obsessively prepared for the trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrabbit910 View Post
All caught up! Cant wait to read how the "no stroller" situation worked out! Happy birthday to you & Jack. I hope we get to read some birthday stories too!
Thank you, the more info on the birthday buttons coming up soon
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 04-15-2011, 11:05 AM   #50
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

So where does one go after a ride on TSM when you have young kids?

Across to meet Woody and Buzz of course

After we were all finally together again, we made our way across the way for pictures with Woody and Buzz, the kids LOVED taking pictures in the que.

And now for the moment we had been waiting for, we looked forward to this moment for over 365 days leading up to our trip, and all morning......

Once we go to Woody and Buzz Joey started screaming and crying, Jack handed them his book to get signed but didn’t want to stand and take a picture. I was a little disappointed cause I was waiting for the PP photographer to take some pictures but he just stood there, luckily my husband at least got one shot with his phone, but we were out of there quickly and so there were the beginning of the TEARS on our vacation.

We then headed back to the bath room for everyone else to make their first stop.

up next standing around and confusion with a change of plans but first I'll leave you with a bonus picture that Jack did cooperate for

June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Last edited by JPFamilyMom; 04-15-2011 at 11:11 AM.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:38 PM   #52
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Jack is a little Jordan-in-training!

Jess, I feel your pain! Billy was the same way; absolutely refused to get his pictures taken with characters on his first trip (5yrs old). If its any consolation, that changed on the next trip. Hope Joey got to warm up to some of them!

Kathy
Old 04-16-2011, 01:34 PM   #53
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Oh no... sorry about the tears!

Jack is a riot with his funny tongue faces! Looks like he was having a good time posing for the camera.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Jack is a little Jordan-in-training!

Jess, I feel your pain! Billy was the same way; absolutely refused to get his pictures taken with characters on his first trip (5yrs old). If its any consolation, that changed on the next trip. Hope Joey got to warm up to some of them!

Kathy

Thanks ladies, Jack either makes that tongue face or a wierd smile most of the time. With my kids they have to do something once or twice and then they are usually ok the 2nd or 3rd time around, so hopefully next trip we'll get smiles with Woody and Buzz

Old 04-16-2011, 01:51 PM   #54
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

So we left off at the bathroom over by the backlot tour...

Next on our to do list was playhouse Disney which is now called Disney Junior Live on Stage but since we were right there, we all got on the backlot tour. Joey already wanted to go home at this point. Having done the backlot tour on our honeymoon we put the boys headphones on and handed them a snack

Jack sat on the floor and hid next to my legs, and they were less than excited about watching the show.

The boys liked seeing this from the Hannah Montana movie as they both yelled pretty loud "Hanna Montana"

We headed quickly to the tour bus and all got in the front car due to my aunts wheel chair.

I handed over the camera to Jack again as he was getting a little ansy. I think the boys could have been happy not having done this ride or rather probably wouldnít ask to do it again, at least not anytime soon.

I was pretty impressed with the pictures Jack got in the area after you exit the tram and in the dump shop (Joey and I went through quickly as the statues scared him- another FEAR)

cont in next post

Old 04-16-2011, 01:52 PM   #55
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

In the dump shop it was interesting the things he took pictures of:

As we exited the ride, we saw Mike and Sully doing photos, we asked the kids if they wanted to stop and see the characters and we got a unanimous NO. I quickly came to realize that I wasnít going to be getting any pictures of the boys with characters on this trip and also decided to cancel our good-bye breakfast I had scheduled on Friday which was a consolation for having canceled Chef Mickey and Crystal Palace due to all the schedule changes.

After the backlot tour we made our way over to Disney Junior Live on stage, Jack was having a hard time standing in line and John ended up holding him for part of the wait. Once inside and the show began I think it was one of the highlights of the day. Jack ended up in my lap for the last part of the show and neither of my boys got up to dance or anything, but they really enjoyed watching everyone else clap, dance, and jump around.

We decided to skip animation studios at this point and we made our way over to ABC commissary for lunch, I got the Asian salad, Joey got nuggets, Jack said he didnít want anything but water, and my husband got the burger or chicken I canít remember. I didnít take pictures and I think we had almost one of each thing on the menu between the 10 of us. This was my "birthday meal" since we had no plans to eat together again later in the day.

Up next...Did I traumatize Joey forever

Old 04-16-2011, 07:25 PM   #56
Goofy442
DIS Veteran

I remember when my kids didn't want to stand with any characters until I bribed them. Ok I know it wasn't right but I got the job done, and we got lots of pictures.

Old 04-17-2011, 10:33 AM   #57
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Just popping in to say hi! I'll have to come back and actually read later, as I'm trying desperately to do a massive spring cleaning and want to actually accomplish something today! You left Disneyworld on my birthday!
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 04-17-2011, 10:41 AM   #58
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Love the funny tongue pics as well as the green army shot!

Lol at the lads recognising Hannah Montana!! Am glad they enjoyed Disney Junior Live
Old 04-17-2011, 02:45 PM   #59
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

OK, I'm all caught up now! You are certainly a busy mom and I don't think I could have navigated Disney with ten people. I had a tough enough time for the few days of our trip when my mom joined us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
Thanks ladies, Jack either makes that tongue face or a wierd smile most of the time. With my kids they have to do something once or twice and then they are usually ok the 2nd or 3rd time around, so hopefully next trip we'll get smiles with Woody and Buzz
I think we started our day at DHS exactly the same way: TSM and then Buzz and Woody. I was really looking forward to seeing Max meet the two of them, as they're his favorites, after Lightening and Mater, of course. But Max wasn't too thrilled. He didn't cry, but he wasn't beside himself excited, either, which I kind of thought he would be. But, hey he's three and a half.

Its funny you say that about your boys doing something more than once. I know that's true for Max. I think he'll feel a lot more comfortable and much more enthusiastic about a lot of things this time around, as he will have seen everything at least once before.

Going to Disney with little kiddos is not the easiest thing in the world, but on the other hand, I certainly don't regret either.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 04-17-2011, 07:09 PM   #60
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy442 View Post
I remember when my kids didn't want to stand with any characters until I bribed them. Ok I know it wasn't right but I got the job done, and we got lots of pictures.
bribery doesn't always work for us but glad it worked for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Just popping in to say hi! I'll have to come back and actually read later, as I'm trying desperately to do a massive spring cleaning and want to actually accomplish something today! You left Disneyworld on my birthday!
HI, glad you made it over, yes I'm in the middle of some crazy spring type cleaning too, I'll have a mini life update on that soon though. and happy be-lated birthday
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Love the funny tongue pics as well as the green army shot!

Lol at the lads recognising Hannah Montana!! Am glad they enjoyed Disney Junior Live
Thanks, oh yes we are/were Hannah fans, my DH blames me for sissifying my kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
OK, I'm all caught up now! You are certainly a busy mom and I don't think I could have navigated Disney with ten people. I had a tough enough time for the few days of our trip when my mom joined us.

I think we started our day at DHS exactly the same way: TSM and then Buzz and Woody. I was really looking forward to seeing Max meet the two of them, as they're his favorites, after Lightening and Mater, of course. But Max wasn't too thrilled. He didn't cry, but he wasn't beside himself excited, either, which I kind of thought he would be. But, hey he's three and a half.

Its funny you say that about your boys doing something more than once. I know that's true for Max. I think he'll feel a lot more comfortable and much more enthusiastic about a lot of things this time around, as he will have seen everything at least once before.

Going to Disney with little kiddos is not the easiest thing in the world, but on the other hand, I certainly don't regret either.
I don't regret our trip either, I figure I've just laid down the ground work, my kids LOVE disney, Disneyworld can be a bit much for some kids but totally worth it.

My kids look at the Buzz, Woody, and Army guy pictures now and say Wow, and they get excited about the opportunity for another trip down the way.

I'm sure Max is going to have a great trip this summer as well as you, you've already got some nice plans laid out

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: