Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2011, 08:13 PM   #31
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
It was a smart choice not doing a park that first day I think, and my DH thinks it will be necessary every trip, so we'll be planning a non park day in to start every trip
I love how you can talk about "every trip"! Like your DH knows there will be a lot of them in your future.

Your trip to Wilderness Lodge looks like it was great! A fun and relaxing way to start the trip.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:42 AM   #32
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a great time at FW! Yay on Jack riding the pony and am loving all the photos he took!

Also how cool that DH suggested you stay at WL one day!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2011, 10:00 AM   #33
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I love how you can talk about "every trip"! Like your DH knows there will be a lot of them in your future.

Your trip to Wilderness Lodge looks like it was great! A fun and relaxing way to start the trip.
My Dh is too smart to try and stop me from going to WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Sounds like you had a great time at FW! Yay on Jack riding the pony and am loving all the photos he took!

Also how cool that DH suggested you stay at WL one day!
Thanks, Jack holding the camera would become a theme for this trip, next time he'll have his own camera. There are some interesting ones of "nothing" I'll be sharing on our DHS day
Old 04-10-2011, 06:22 PM   #34
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Yikes! I missed the start of your TR until now... going back to read!

..... and I'm back! Hello! Great decision to have your first day not at a park. Fort Wilderness is a place I've yet to get too... how great that your DH wants to stay there :

Last edited by Mickey_Mom; 04-10-2011 at 07:05 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:29 AM   #35
Goofy442
DIS Veteran

We haved stayed at Fort Wilderness Campground, and my kids love roasting marshmallow and watching the movie.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:28 PM   #36
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Yikes! I missed the start of your TR until now... going back to read!

..... and I'm back! Hello! Great decision to have your first day not at a park. Fort Wilderness is a place I've yet to get too... how great that your DH wants to stay there :
so glad you found your way over. thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy442 View Post
We haved stayed at Fort Wilderness Campground, and my kids love roasting marshmallow and watching the movie.
It sounds like so much fun. My kids recently got to experience roasting marshmallows. They were both scared. Jack eventually warmed up to the idea but kept touching the logs with his marshmallow and then it burning. so we're going to need some practice
Old 04-11-2011, 08:06 PM   #37
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Sunday evening I sat in front of my computer frantic because park hours for the week were changing, MK didn't even have hours displayed on the website and I knew the crowd levels were high. So I went back to touringplans and re planned our week which had us visiting DHS on our first park day...

We arrived (in two seperate vehicles), all met up and headed to bag check where the line wasn't too bad and then headed to guest services to get special buttons and Jackís GAC. I have failed to mention in the beginning of this TR that everyone was celebrating a first visit except my dh and I. Also we had 4 March birthdays in our party (two of which were happening this week, this actual day being my birthday, and my sister and bil celebrating an anniversary).

The opening ceremony began as we were getting through bag check, well Iím assuming that is what it was, we didnít see it, but it got very loud and Jack wanted his head phones already. I'm already thinking uh oh, as I wasn't planning on getting them out until much later.

So we made our way over to guest services and I asked for my birthday button, birthday button for Jack (remember this for later) and two first visit buttons for the boys. I wasnít sure if I was in the right place for the GAC, so I asked and she said yes, I was prepared for questions and had a letter from Jacks pediatrician, but didnít need anything. Jack had his head phones on and proceeded to lick the wall next to the window (gross I know, I was freaking out, and my husband had to grab him), the lady just handed over a GAC without asking me anything.

We also had left our double stroller at the rental house due to the fact that we had to pump air in the tires Sunday night. So we were heading into the park without a strollerÖ I debated getting a Disney one but my DH said it wasn't necessary and he would carry Joey (also remember this).

First stop TSM, it was a mad dash to the back of the park, and trying to keep a party of 10 together proved to be more challenging than we thought.

We got in the line that we saw only to find out ten minutes later that we were in the fast pass line (to get fast passes not use them, which I could've gone in the fp line with Jacks GAC, but wanting the 10 of us to start the morning together each day I didn't) , so we switched lines and waited about 30 minutes I think.

(it's amazing the things a 6 yo finds interesting)

The boys loved the que, and Jack kept busy by snapping pictures of everything, if he didnít have the camera I think he would have been less happy. Joey was scared of the potato head, but we passed by quickly and he was fine.

They both loved the ride.

We were off to a great start, then mommy had to run to make the first bathroom break of the day.

I made it back and we were still waiting for the rest of our party to get off the ride. They split our party when we got to the stairs/ so my aunt, Mom, sister, and bil went with the wheelchair to an alternate route.

up next our first character meet....more tears and fears coming up...
Old 04-11-2011, 09:37 PM   #38
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

I love, love, love all of Jack's pictures! I gave Ariana my old Fuji camera, she loves taking pictures of her Disney stuffies and the TV

TSM is a fabulous way to get your park days started!!

Hmmmm, no stroller huh?
Old 04-11-2011, 10:14 PM   #39
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Jessica,

Found you! Now, going back to read...

Kathy
Old 04-12-2011, 07:54 AM   #40
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'll have to chat with Kathy a bit more, I don't remember her staying there
yes it was DVC...but still same use of resort...oh and the horses (trail riding)she asks every time we go if we are doing that but I remind her we come to Disney as a family not to split up all the time....something we try not to do often. Someday we'll do it

Quote:
the lady just handed over a GAC without asking me anything.

it's all good. maybe licking the wall helped JK

They both loved the ride.

YEAH!!!! that is a great start despite the 30 min wait....Nathan is very hopeful going in Jan the crowds will be smaller so we can standby on TSM for the first time so he can see Mr. Potato head
Old 04-12-2011, 10:49 AM   #42
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
I love, love, love all of Jack's pictures! I gave Ariana my old Fuji camera, she loves taking pictures of her Disney stuffies and the TV

TSM is a fabulous way to get your park days started!!

Hmmmm, no stroller huh?
Thanks, he has a pretty good eye well from the others I weeded out the next post I'll include more pictures of odd things.

So cute Ariana, I don't let the boys use the camera too much at home but they would take pictures of the same as Ariana.

yeah, no stroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Found you! Now, going back to read...

Kathy
Yippee and Hope you enjoy it
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
yes it was DVC...but still same use of resort...oh and the horses (trail riding)she asks every time we go if we are doing that but I remind her we come to Disney as a family not to split up all the time....something we try not to do often. Someday we'll do it

Yes the trail riding, it sounds like fun, when the boys are older I would take them, don't think my DH would be into it, but we'll see, I think it could be a fun mother daughter venture

YEAH!!!! that is a great start despite the 30 min wait....Nathan is very hopeful going in Jan the crowds will be smaller so we can standby on TSM for the first time so he can see Mr. Potato head
yeah, if it had been any later in the day I don't think I would have dared try standby especially after what you already know is coming It was cool to let him see Mr. Potato head though, he still talks about that

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I love the pictures Jack took at TSM - I don't remember the nightlight so he showed me something new!!

Sorry but the licking story is funny to me! The things our kids do!
Thanks, yeah I wouldn't have noticed that nightlight either, it right when you walk in the standby entrance. He was just looking up, down, and all around and snapping away. He really had like 100 pictures from the line

I know, I had to include the licking story because, well it's a part of him. I was mortified at the time, but now we can laugh about it. It's not something he does often, it's a behavior that only comes out when he is overly excited/stimulated.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:10 PM   #43
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great start to your park days!

Love the TSMM pics
Old 04-14-2011, 07:55 AM   #44
Goofy442
DIS Veteran

Keeping that many people together is a job! Wow you got lucky they asked my DS for a letter from her Pediatrician, which luckly she had brought. My DN is autistic and when he first went to WDW there was no way he could stand in line. We ended up in the regular line and they went to the FP line. They would have to wait for us but it gave him time to gather his thoughts.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:30 AM   #45
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Sounds like a great start to your park days!

Love the TSMM pics
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy442 View Post
Keeping that many people together is a job! Wow you got lucky they asked my DS for a letter from her Pediatrician, which luckly she had brought. My DN is autistic and when he first went to WDW there was no way he could stand in line. We ended up in the regular line and they went to the FP line. They would have to wait for us but it gave him time to gather his thoughts.
Yes I had done my research and was so surprised when she asked me nothing, because I had the letter from pediatrician, and was geared up to answer questions and took him with me too because I had heard that they also want to see the child and maybe ask them a question or two also. yes waiting in the long lines can be quite hard on a person on the spectrum. glad your family had a plan for your DN, hope he had an enjoyable trip

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: