Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2011, 09:15 PM   #151
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

We broke another ride...

Ten million days later.... sorry as soon as we moved I got a job, school started, and now we are into the holidays... which strangely is going to give me more time to finish this.

So we left off with the shocker of the trip... Jack went on and REALLY enjoyed Splash Mountain
he is in the second row on the right, the missing spot, lol

So much he wanted to go a second time, but when they got in line again the ride broke down

Here is what the little ones did while my sister, bil, dh, and Jack went on Splash:

My niece wasn't shy at all, Joey let kids get in front of him and my Dad stepped in to make sure everyone got a turn He did it very politely and no one seemed to mind. And Joey was happy because that meant he got to go down the slide.

Now of course my brain doesn't remember anything anymore but according to my picture order we went on Peter Pan next. Joey was scared in the dark and held me tight. Jack seemed to enjoy himself and felt secure enough with his glow stick.

Then it must've been time to eat and we decided on CHH
The kids had mac n cheese with grapes

I had the anchors aweigh sandwich which strangely came with no side
it was just what I needed
and dh ate this

Then it looks like we crossed a bridge

and headed toward the Jungle Cruise, where we ran into my Dh's coworker at the time.

cont in next post
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 11-20-2011, 09:17 PM   #152
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Jack made another squished penny, then Jack got restless and took pictures and so I ended up with not many pictures from this ride.

Then we made our way to Pirates and it was a long wait and we went in the regular line since we rode with everyone. Afterward the boys got some souveniers and were properly outfitted.

At this point we seperated from my family due to Jacks increasing aggitation and we took the boys to ride Buzz.

And of course the ride breaks down, so I took some pictures,

only to have everyone have to exit the ride shortly after that. The boys were in good spirits though

So we took the boys back to the house for a nap

and planned to return to try again that evening. And I promise our trip started to look up after that.
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2011, 12:11 PM   #154
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Hi Jess!! I'm glad you've found some time to update your report. That's great that Jack went on Splash!! It's one of my boys' favorite rides!

Can't wait to hear what's next.
thanks, of course everytime I think I have more time to DIS I don't. LOL, but I'm off all this week and hope to finally finish this TR so I can just enjoy everyone else's

Old 12-26-2011, 12:51 PM   #155
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

A near perfect night

After naps, dinner, and a quick dip in the pool my little family of four was ready to head back to MK for a magical night.

We found a place to park and got the kids bundled in the stroller and headed toward the monorail

But then we all agreed it might be fun to ride the Ferry once, so we instead headed in that direction

We had a very enjoyable ride on the Ferry

Then after making it through bag check fairly quickly we headed in and took some PP pics right away

I can't remember the order we did things, I think we rode Buzz right away since it had shut down on us earlier in the day. A lady commented on how great the kids headphones were and what a great idea. I didn't feel like going into the why and just said thanks.

Next up the People Mover, I know it isn't called that anymore but that is what it is to me

Moving around the park with no real plan we ended up here

And the boys were anxious to get their drivers licenses

We saw this and got excited for what future trips would bring

Next the boys saw the Pooh ride and decided they wanted to play more since their play time got cut short earlier

They had refused to take the headphones off because we had told them about the fireworks, which they were adamant about not watching. As luck would have it the fireworks began as we exited Pooh, and we were left with crying/screaming boys, so we made a quick run for it toward Frontierland. Those was the only stressful part of the evening. Once the fireworks were over the boys relaxed and had a frozen treat

Joey still refused to take his headphones off. But Jack did as he was anxious to try Splash again, which was still not operating. But he did agree to give BTMRR a try. We went on twice in a row, he loved the view of the castle when we were at the top of the ride. He had a GREAT time on that ride.

At about that time we decided we should head home to get some sleep, and as we made our way out of the park the parade had started and the boys agreed they would like to stop and watch a bit. We stopped off to the side and watched, it was a nice surprise to get to do, as I love parades and had figured I would get to see none on this trip.

We browsed the shops and everyone got a souvie, can't remember what everyone got, but we all left happy and I was thankful for a very fun evening with my little family

Old 12-27-2011, 01:03 PM   #157
MEK
DIS Veteran

I am also glad you had a chance to update. I am going to try to read tonight when I can see your pictures. That will help me get up to speed a little better.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-28-2011, 04:06 PM   #158
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hope you had a great Christmas Jess!!

I love nights at Magic Kingdom! Sounds like it was a good one for you guys too... except for those fireworks!
Thanks, it was a quiet Christmas, nice little family time. Missed my mom and other family, but enjoyed time with my boys.

Fireworks might not have been so bad but we were right under them

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I am also glad you had a chance to update. I am going to try to read tonight when I can see your pictures. That will help me get up to speed a little better.
Thanks, glad I still have a couple followers after my long break

Old 12-28-2011, 04:21 PM   #159
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday Princess Ella oh yeah and it's green day

Today was our last park day , my nieces birthday, and St. Patricks Day.

Today we were headed to Epcot, but first the princess had to go have breakfast in the castle. So whilst my little family slept in my sister, my Mom, my Aunt Bea, my niece, and dbil headed to the castle for a breakfast fit for a princess

By the time my family got going, they were finishing breakfast and World Showcase was opening. So we headed straight for Epcot with my Dad in tow. We arrived pretty much at the same time from what I remember

The princess had arrived and of course was once again trying to get the boys to play with her. Man she Loves them, my sister tells me she plays with my boys at home (make believe) to this day.

I really loved being there for F&G Festival

But the kids were ready to do something fun, so first stop:

Lunch time was approaching and my dh and I had plans to snack/eat our way around the world whilst my parents, sis, dbil had plans to drink their way around the world

Old 12-28-2011, 04:32 PM   #160
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

I'm not suppose to even bring up taking another Disney trip to my husband until the middle of next year, when we prepare to book our 10th anniversary cruise for 2014. But my sweet little 3 year old came to me today and said "Mommy I want to ride Mickey's bus and go to the Halloween party." So sweet. So of course I did what any good Disney Mom would do and started exploring, being that it's football season my husband would not be able to join us... so I crunched some numbers and while I'm not getting my hopes up, I'm going to start planning and wait to bring it up in a few months

Old 12-29-2011, 05:56 PM   #162
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

So many updates!! All of them great!

I like to take the ferry now and again too, just to mix it up some. Yeah, strange that the tuna sandwich didn't come with at least chips! HUH?

You got some fabulous pix of EPCOT too. Nicely done

Old 12-29-2011, 07:53 PM   #163
MEK
DIS Veteran

I love the ferry too. It really is fun to see the castle from the water. It's such a different perspective.

I enjoyed all your pictures and recent updates. The boys are cuter than ever! What a nice evening in the MK.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-29-2011, 08:22 PM   #164
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I love the Flower & Garden Festival too! It's such a great time to be at Disney. I always feel like spring is that much closer when we get home.

Yay for a potential Halloween trip!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
F&G festival and spring break weather wise was great, the crowds were just a bit much.

Thanks, I'm really hoping I can make it happen, I'll really be trying to get my DH in a good mood the next month so I can sell him in the idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
So many updates!! All of them great!

I like to take the ferry now and again too, just to mix it up some. Yeah, strange that the tuna sandwich didn't come with at least chips! HUH?

You got some fabulous pix of EPCOT too. Nicely done
Thanks, it's funny we ended up at Epcot twice when originally it wasn't ever in our plans really

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I love the ferry too. It really is fun to see the castle from the water. It's such a different perspective.

I enjoyed all your pictures and recent updates. The boys are cuter than ever! What a nice evening in the MK.
thanks, that was my favorite part of the trip, def. enjoyed the evening at MK hoping for many more like that

Old 01-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #165
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

We left of here at our first kidcot stop:

And where dbil, sis, mom, & Dad got their first drink before we headed to

for the first potty break and some phone fun

We stopped for our first snack and some fun pictures. Dh and I shared:

I tried both the fish and fries with the vinegar and it wasn't bad, dh opted to just do the ketchup.

After our yummy snack and some more drinking by the rest of my family we headed over the little bridge toward Paris

We saw this cutie

And some lovely topiaries

continue in next post

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: