Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2011, 06:50 PM   #16
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

I registered for the early webcast this evening, but I just checked my confirmation and it's for the later one. If anybody attends the early one, please let me know if it's worth attending.
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:01 PM   #17
Smuggs
Mouseketeer

It was nice. You get $100 off if you book within 14 days of the webscast for attending. (cannot remember if was per room or per person)
Smuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2011, 08:13 PM   #18
carolinadj
Mouseketeer

There was a mention of discounted North American trips, but I can't find anything about that on the website. There was no instruction during the program as to how to find them, and no indication given as to the exact itineraries they are discounting. I suppose you need to call to find out. I'm wondering if you can combine this discount (and the extra $100) with the American Express discount offered by Dreams Unlimited. If anyone knows the answer to that question, please post a reply. Thanks!

A member of DVC since the first year!
carolinadj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:35 PM   #19
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smuggs View Post
It was nice. You get $100 off if you book within 14 days of the webscast for attending. (cannot remember if was per room or per person)
Thanks. I am glad to know that this offer wasn't better than the Visa gift card. Selfish, I guess, but it's pretty irritating when you book early and then they offer something better. Did they happen to reveal anything about 2012?

ETA: Actually it sounds like they about to offer $300 off on US trips that has no connection to this webcast. Couple that with the $100 for attending the webcast and that's better than the gift card. Oh well.

Last edited by Bobo912; 04-19-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:35 PM   #20
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadj View Post
There was a mention of discounted North American trips, but I can't find anything about that on the website. There was no instruction during the program as to how to find them, and no indication given as to the exact itineraries they are discounting. I suppose you need to call to find out. I'm wondering if you can combine this discount (and the extra $100) with the American Express discount offered by Dreams Unlimited. If anyone knows the answer to that question, please post a reply. Thanks!
The Dreams Unlimited American Express cards are in addition to anything that ABD offers.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:43 PM   #21
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

I am seriously annoyed, you can ask questions but the ones I asked they aren't answering, it isn't that they are overwhelmed because they are on the third loop of the same questions and answers.

The person said the discount for the North American trips is $300 per reservation for 2011/2012 but ends May 24 or 25 great but how are they discounting the 2012 trips if they aren't announced until the summer?

I love the trips but the info/misinformation is quite annoying.

Edit, they make it seem like they are going to answer questions during the webcast they actually are answering them at the end. I wonder if my question about a loyalty program is going to be answered

Last edited by Tozzie; 04-20-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Tozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:29 AM   #22
WeLoveABD
DIS Veteran

Well, we tried--I asked questions about new trip release date, going to Greece,doing an interior of England...but no deal. Guess we will have to wait until August! (They did like that we were going to Peru--as do we,so I'll focus back on that!)
WeLoveABD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:19 AM   #23
Grifdog22
Barking Mad!

Tozzie:

My guess is that this special incentive is designed only to cover this year's trips (2011). Remember, many of the 2011 trips carry over into the 2012 calendar year. I'm leaving Sunday April 24, 2011 and returning May 7, 2011 to Africa on a 2010 trip. I believe their statement of 2011-2012 is for the 2011 "season." I hope that clarifies the matter - it would be meaningless to obtain a discount on a trip in which the price has not yet been set!
Grifdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:55 AM   #24
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifdog22 View Post
Tozzie:

My guess is that this special incentive is designed only to cover this year's trips (2011). Remember, many of the 2011 trips carry over into the 2012 calendar year. I'm leaving Sunday April 24, 2011 and returning May 7, 2011 to Africa on a 2010 trip. I believe their statement of 2011-2012 is for the 2011 "season." I hope that clarifies the matter - it would be meaningless to obtain a discount on a trip in which the price has not yet been set!

I am well aware of some trips carrying over to 2012, but the none of the North American trips carry over into 2012 and those are the trips they are offering the discount on.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:16 PM   #25
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

One of the first things she said on the webcast was "we recently announced" discounts on the US trips. But where was it announced? Did she mean the earlier webcast or what? It's not on their webpage or facebook page. I got bored and logged off before the webcast was over. Did they give any more information later?
Old 04-20-2011, 01:12 PM   #26
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo912 View Post
One of the first things she said on the webcast was "we recently announced" discounts on the US trips. But where was it announced? Did she mean the earlier webcast or what? It's not on their webpage or facebook page. I got bored and logged off before the webcast was over. Did they give any more information later?
I asked the question about the trips and while they didn't answer it during the webcast, I did receive an email regarding it. The discouny is for the 2011 trips, it is $300 and can be combined with the $100 discount for attending the webinar. They said in a few days I would receive an email with all pertinent information.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #27
Christyvoltron
Mouseketeer

We Were Really Disappointed

If we had known that it was just going to be guides reading past itineraries they had done and then doing a big old sales job we would not have participated. In our opinion it was just a gigantic infomercial -- they gave two "discounts" which had to be used right away (two weeks and by the end of May) and nothing about new trips or plans for the future -- mostly discussed the Mediterranean, China and Southwest Splendors trips and rehashed what they felt were the "highlights" of each trip. The "questions" that they answered were the same questions which continually scrolled across the bottom of the screen, over and over and over. And the "questions" were completely innocuous. Can a family of five go? Can you go without kids? Can you go on your honeymoon? Uhm, what? And the questions at the end where they said they were going to address the questions which were asked during the webcast were exactly the same questions that scrolled along the bottom of the screen. Very very disappointing to us. We won't be attending another one.
Christyvoltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:24 PM   #28
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

I felt the same way. It was just a few guides reading from a script. I dropped off after about 15-20 minutes, since I didn't figure I was going to learn anything I didn't already know. And I thought the questions scrolling across the bottom of the screen couldn't be real questions submitted by attendees. All of the questions were things you could find out by looking at the ABD website.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:15 PM   #29
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Oh, that is really sad! I was really thinking it was going to be something cool like what Lindblad does for their webcasts. I missed the one last night, so I had signed up for the one next week. I may not bother now...

I hope they at least send you guys a survey asking how you liked it!

(How much would you guys care to bet that someone with DCL came up with this idea?)

Or then again, it may have been designed by the same person who came up with their *lovely* Official ABD forum...

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:21 PM   #30
Christyvoltron
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo912 View Post
I thought the questions scrolling across the bottom of the screen couldn't be real questions submitted by attendees. All of the questions were things you could find out by looking at the ABD website.
We could not agree more. Completely canned questions and completely canned answers. We are very familiar with ABD, we have been on many trips, we have read the website and watched the DVDs. There was nothing new presented although the e-mail that was sent out implied that it was going to be a discussion. A huge waste of time.

And why ask for questions if you have no intention of addressing them? Just say this is a lecture.

Last edited by Christyvoltron; 04-20-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Christyvoltron is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: