Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #1
belleinpink
Mouseketeer

BelleinPink's Ever Changing 2014 Wedding PJ!!! UPDATE 5/6/2013

Hi everyone!
I may be starting this a little early. Or I may be starting this late. Either way Iím starting it. Iím driving myself crazy trying to remember everything.

Iím Courtney. Iím 21 years old and a full time college student in Daytona Beach, FL (only a 45 min drive from The World on a good day). Iím working towards my A.S. in Early Childhood Education and have about 3 and a half semesters left if everything goes according to planned. I tend to make spontaneous decisions which more often than not are not the best. A few of these spontaneous decisions have led me to chop of all my hair, end up with black hair (walked into the salon as a blonde), get a tattoo, and end up on crutches. I have been a Disney Dork my entire life and would not mind spending every day and every penny at Disney. This will be my first Disney trip per say. Iíve been many times, but only for quick day trips, mostly to Magic Kingdom. Iíve never done the whole ďstay on site and go to all the parksĒ thing, so Iím pretty excited.

My boyfriendís name is Tim. He is 24 and a United States Marine. He is also the bank for this trip. Currently he is deployed with the 26th MEU. He comes home really soon and I am soooooo excited. Tim is responsible for keeping my head out of the clouds and minimizing my spontaneous decisions, except for one... Heís not quite as into Disney as I am but he loves me so he puts up with my obsession.

How we met

Tim and I met through my best friend, Aubrey, and her husband, who also happens to be a Marine. When she abandoned me to move to NC I told her to find me a nice boy, I had a habit of dating the not so nice boys. She told her husband and he decided this guy he worked with would be a good match. We started talking on Myspace Summer 2009 as friends, while I continued to date the worst guys ever.

A few months later, Aubrey and I made plans for me to go visit her for Halloween. A couple weeks before the trip, she called me up and asked if I was still planning on driving up to visit. I said yes. She said, ďOk well the ball is that weekend, soÖĒ

I told her it would be fine because I could stay at the house and catch up on homework while they were at the ball. Aubrey however had a different plan. ďIím finding you a date and youíre going with us.Ē Oh boyÖ

That date was Tim. To say I was nervous was an understatement. Not only was I meeting this guy for the first time and going to the Marine Corps Birthday Ball where his higher ups would be, but I was also on crutches. I knew the weekend would be quite interesting, and I had no plans for coming home with a boyfriend.

Well the weekend came and went (I even stayed an extra day), and I dreaded having to go back to school. 2 weeks later we made it official. And here we are almost a year and a half later, planning a wedding.

How this wedding came about

I donít have a cute proposal story because, well, Iím not engaged yet. Tim and I were previously engaged and planned to have a DFTW on November 11, 2011. However we both got really stressed out, I was dealing with some family issues and he was dealing with pre-deployment stuff, and we ended up breaking everything off. Three months later Aubrey tells me Tim is deploying early in two weeks. I was still feeling awful about how things ended and I just didnít feel comfortable letting him leave without knowing how I felt. So I booked a flight that night (there I go with my spontaneous decisions) and flew to NC the week before he deployed and spilled my heart to him. We got back together but agreed to just be dating until we got through the deployment.

We had decided at the very begining of the deployment that we would take a short weekend trip to The World to celebrate the end of deployment. I was given full reign for planning and I had decided that the weekend we were supposed to get married would be best because it wouldnít be too hot or too cold and the crowd size should be manageable. While planning the whole shin dig though I was getting a little bummed because I have wanted to get married on 11/11/11 for as long as I can remember, and I had it all planned and now it wasnít happeningÖ

Well one morning earlier this month I was sitting at school waiting for class to start and thought hey, we should get married at Disney, on 11/11/11. And not tell anyone. I texted Aubrey and told her, because someone would have to go with us, and because I didnít know when Iíd hear from Tim to bounce this idea off of him. Aub said it was an excellent plan. So I when I got home from school that afternoon I sat down and started getting all the information I could. I needed to be prepared when the time came to bounce this idea off Tim. Well lucky me, Tim called that afternoon. I told him I had an idea where we could still have our 11/11/11 Disney wedding and not have to pay an arm, leg, and our first born child. I told him about my idea, where we could stay, how we could do it, where it would be. I made sure to speak as fast as I could and not taking a single breath so that he couldnít say no before I was done. To my surprise when I finished, gasping for air, he said letís do it

So planning began! We havenít told either of our families yet, but plan on telling them when he comes home on leave this summer. We donít want any hurt feelings or anything so we want to get their approval
So far we have officially booked Randy Chapman for photography and the Shades of Green balcony for the ceremony. I have an officiant in mind, but am completely lost when it comes to flowers.

Wow!! That ended up being a LOT longer than I intended. So if any one made it through all of that please say hi

Our Ever Changing Wishes PJ

Last edited by belleinpink; 05-06-2013 at 04:41 PM.
belleinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:08 PM   #2
belleinpink
Mouseketeer

How about some pictures to go with the unbelievably long intro???

Tim, me, Aubrey, and her husband, Jeremy, berfore the ball

Tim and me before the ball

Tim and me at the ball

Tim and me at dinner for Aubrey's and my (<< Is that correct??)birthdays, January 2010

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2011, 01:28 PM   #3
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Congratulations and Welcome!! Happy Planning!!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:14 PM   #4
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

Congrats and Welcome! Can't wait to hear all of your plans!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:23 PM   #5
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Welcome! I'm interested to follow along in your plans... a "surprise" wedding will be a lot of fun!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:41 PM   #6
mjshorses
Fezzik: Why do you wear a mask? Were you burned by acid, or something like that? Man in Black: Oh no, it's just that they're terribly comfortable. I think everyone will be wearing them in the future. --The Princess Bride

Congratulations and welcome! I look forward to hearing your plans.

I visited Shades of Green on my last trip to Orlando and it's a REALLY pretty resort! You must be so excited.

Be sure to tell Tim "thank you" and that I really appreciate his service to our country!

-Michelle
Old 04-02-2011, 08:59 AM   #7
Princess SarahK
DIS Veteran

HI!! Congratulations on still being able to get your dream wedding! I cant wait to hear all about your plans! Also let me say how grateful I am for your DF and all he does for our country! My FBIL just ended his tour in Afghanistan, so I know how hard it is and just what it all entails. My DB was also in the service. They deserve way more credit! So just tell him your new friends on the Dis say THANKS!! Oh and my FGPs (future grand parent- in laws..whats the abbreviation for that?!?! ) also live in Daytona Beach! Its cool to note the little similarities everyone on here has! Maybe it IS a small world after all! --ok cheesiness is done. Our weddings are two days apart! And the time is starting to tick...eeeek! Anyway good luck with planning and Im excited to read more!

Princess SarahK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:07 PM   #8
belleinpink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjshorses View Post
Congratulations and welcome! I look forward to hearing your plans.

I visited Shades of Green on my last trip to Orlando and it's a REALLY pretty resort! You must be so excited.

Be sure to tell Tim "thank you" and that I really appreciate his service to our country!

-Michelle
I've actually never been to SOG I'm hoping to maybe take a day trip out there this summer to take a peek.
I will be sure to relay the thank you to Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess SarahK View Post
HI!! Congratulations on still being able to get your dream wedding! I cant wait to hear all about your plans! Also let me say how grateful I am for your DF and all he does for our country! My FBIL just ended his tour in Afghanistan, so I know how hard it is and just what it all entails. My DB was also in the service. They deserve way more credit! So just tell him your new friends on the Dis say THANKS!! Oh and my FGPs (future grand parent- in laws..whats the abbreviation for that?!?! ) also live in Daytona Beach! Its cool to note the little similarities everyone on here has! Maybe it IS a small world after all! --ok cheesiness is done. Our weddings are two days apart! And the time is starting to tick...eeeek! Anyway good luck with planning and Im excited to read more!
Who doesn't love a cheesey Disney reference??? Time is deffinitely ticking. I can't believe I'm going to school full time and planning this entire wedding on my own. I'll be soooo greatful when I can pick up the phone and call DBF about all this stuff instead of having to email him and wait for days for a response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
Congratulations and Welcome!! Happy Planning!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiLyn View Post
Congrats and Welcome! Can't wait to hear all of your plans!
Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
Welcome! I'm interested to follow along in your plans... a "surprise" wedding will be a lot of fun!
Thanks for the welcome

Old 04-06-2011, 11:21 AM   #9
belleinpink
Mouseketeer

I am on a wedding roll!!! Deciding so late to get married in November I was really expecting to run into problems with booking vendors and such. I fully expected them to all be booked.

When I contacted SOG about their gazebo they said it was booked, but they had the balcony available. Score one.

Then I contacted Randy Chapman. He was available. Score two.

Then I contacted a florsit, she ended up being booked but I've got another in mind, I just have to find the time to drive to Ormond to meet with her.

Over the weekend I contacted Patricia Lejeune about hair and make up. Unfortunately she was booked. I was bummed, but didn't dwell on it too long. There are plenty of people who will come to my hotel room at 0'dark thirty in the morning to do my hair and make up... Right???

I contacted Beaute Speciale yesterday and.... THEY'RE AVAILABLE!!!! They are a little more expensive than Patricia, but hey, they'll come to me and I won't have to spend hours on youtube trying to figure out how to do my own hair.

Hopefully the VR next year is this easy... Hey I can dream right???

Old 04-07-2011, 08:34 AM   #10
sw33t_angel
DIS Veteran

Welcome and Congrats!!

Glad everything is falling in place for you!! Can't wait to hear more about your planning!!
sw33t_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:59 AM   #11
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

Woohoo! So glad everything is working out so far

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:51 AM   #12
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Very nice! The balcony sounds like it will be a very pretty location
Old 04-10-2011, 09:05 PM   #13
belleinpink
Mouseketeer

This is sooooooo not wedding related, but makes me almost as excited as the wedding. BEAST'S CASTLE HAS GONE UP IN FANTASYLAND!!!!!!!

Beauty and the Beast has been my favorite movie since it came out, I was only two. AHHHH It's so exciting.

Anyways. I'm hoping to have an update sometime this week, but for now I'm off to watch Coming Home and Army Wives. Take care everyone

Old 04-10-2011, 09:47 PM   #14
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

I saw those pics of the castle!! So awesome!!
Old 04-10-2011, 10:49 PM   #15
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

That is so awesome! I can't wait until the whole thing is finished, and I get to go back to Disney again! Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite movies, and I can't wait to go to the restaurant there

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: