Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2011, 02:42 AM   #31
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
It's unlikely but possibly if your trips are long enough maybe one of your group could use a Premier AP good at DLR and WDW. $700. You would have to add up the hopper costs, which will msot likely rise for WDW in August, the AP room discount you could get for WDW, dining discounts and shopping discounts.
I've looked at the Premier AP, but it's not cost effective for my two trips. We stay on DVC points, so room discounts don't help. I think I'm going to just go with a 5-day ticket at DLR and a 10-day (maybe less) non-expiring ticket for WDW which we'll use over 2-3 trips over the next couple years. I don't think I'll get more than a few days within the same 12-month period though, so APs probably won't work.

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
bigAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:31 PM   #32
Rat-a-too-ee
Mouseketeer

Jessica,
I don't even know what to say... what they did to you was absolutely terrible. I have successfully used 10-day park hoppers from WDW at DL at least 6 times in the past 5 years. I have only done it at CA once, the rest at DL and never a problem. It just sometimes takes 10+ minutes for them to run it and come back with the 1 day paper ticket. One time, they were nice enough to bring me a printout of all my activity on the pass without me asking, she did that to let me know there was only one day left on the ten-day pass.

I came to this forum to see about using a brand new 10 day pass that I have not yet used at WDW. I guess the consensus is that you cannot use it the very first time at DL. I have a very old "Park Hopper Plus" pass I will use instead, even though I think it means I lose the "Plus" part which used to be good for an admission to Pleasure Island (RIP) or one of the waterparks on the same day it is used.
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2011, 06:21 PM   #33
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

My friend was actually heading to DL today and going to attempt to use her NE tickets from WDW. I hope it worked for her!

I really hope maybe at some point a better system could be worked out or something. We always have NE tickets and for me it is the best option $ wise, especially because then we don't have to decide before hand how many park days we want. I am not sure if I would try it again or not, although next time I would be sure to ask for someone else at the gate itself if the same thing happened.

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
jessica52877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:26 AM   #34
pomagic
Earning My Ears

Just wanted to let everyone know that we were able to exchange the unexpired one day we had left on a WDW PH for a DL PH with no problem. When I asked the CM at the gate he responded with "of course...we make magic happen! The manger/supervisor came out maybe 10 minutes later, and took our passes. He then came back with the DL PH..they're marked as "replacement" passes. This really worked well for us. Thanks to everyone who gave us input on how to do this. We had a great time at WDW and both parks at DL.
pomagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:51 AM   #35
Disney_Alli
DIS Veteran

No Dollar Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadweaver View Post
I have another question for you. My son got married at Disney World and they gave them a season's pass, his company is sending him to California for a week or so and he wanted to know if he could use the season pass there. I was wondering if anyone knew. Thanks in advance
If the ticket you are talking about is the WDW annual pass you get for free when you get married at WDW it has no dollar value. It cannot be used towards the purchase of another ticket or upgraded to a premium passport. When a cast member scans it they will see a 'zero' dollar value rather than the dollar value of the same pass if you had purchased it at a ticket booth.

Lots of Pixie Dust
Disney_Alli

Last edited by Disney_Alli; 06-06-2011 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Typo
Disney_Alli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:53 PM   #36
nerdboyrockstar
Mouseketeer
I want a t-shirt that says "Everything is better at Disneyland"

I've used an unused day on my WDW parkhopper at DL with no problem. I would try to avoid this as much as I can though. The process took about 10 minutes which, at opening on a busy day, is a BIG disadvantage for park touring.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:05 PM   #37
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

Just to add to the poster who had a bad experience using WDW passes at DL.

One time it was just DH using his WDW pass at DL. When DL called WDW to take the day off his pass, the WDW computers were down or something. So the DL CMs just let him in, and his WDW pass was NOT charged! Now THAT is the type of customer service you would expect. He was surprised they did this, but after all it was not HIS fault, etc.
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:50 PM   #38
PJHuntleyCO
DIS Veteran

Dumb Question - I have comp tickets from World. 1 set of Park Hoppers and 1 set on single day passes. Can I use these at land?

Me DH DS 21 DD 19 and DS 8
PJHuntleyCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:56 PM   #39
dvanlinge
Earning My Ears

Upgrade WDW tickets at Disneyland

Hi,
We live in southern CA and are going to WDW next year so I was thinking of getting one day longer than we will be at WDW and then when we get back to CA upgrade it to the california annual pass at disneyland, is this possible?

Thanks,
Dave
dvanlinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:32 PM   #40
3Minnies1Mickey
Just wanted to add, this is no longer a rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvanlinge View Post
Hi,
We live in southern CA and are going to WDW next year so I was thinking of getting one day longer than we will be at WDW and then when we get back to CA upgrade it to the california annual pass at disneyland, is this possible?

Thanks,
Dave
No.

Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Handsome Prince
Me(34) DH(36) DD(12) DD(8) DD(6) DS(5)
Disneyland: many times as a kid * 10/05 * 12/07 * 9/09 * 10/09 * 12/09 * 6/10 *1/13*12/13
Walt Disney World: 9/11 2 weeks at BCV!!!
3Minnies1Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:54 PM   #41
vincev33
Mouseketeer

I would have never thought of this! We have a couple of days left on WDW PH from years ago. Going for a surprise trip. Is there any way to verify this will work? Hate to ruin the trip to save a few hundred dollars. An tickets be purchased at the gate and are they more?
vincev33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:09 PM   #42
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincev33 View Post
I would have never thought of this! We have a couple of days left on WDW PH from years ago. Going for a surprise trip. Is there any way to verify this will work? Hate to ruin the trip to save a few hundred dollars. An tickets be purchased at the gate and are they more?
If the WDW PH is a non expiring type you will still be able to use them at DLR.

If you need more tickets that left on your PH, it is cheaper to buy them at Disneyland.com if it's a 3 day ticket or longer.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:29 PM   #43
Canadian Disney Mom
Formerly Tollerwalker - original join date July 2005

I am assuming the annual pass you all referred to from WDW is the Premier Passport, not the regular Premium annual pass that includes the water parks & more option?

Thanks
Past Trips to Disneyworld, Disneyland, and Disney Cruises:WDW-1: May 1998 (Off Property), WDW-2: Apr 2002 (Off Property), WDW-3: Feb 2005 (All-Star Movies), WDW-4: Apr 2006 (SSR), WDW-5: April 2008 (AKV Jambo), WDW-6: Dec 2009 (AKV Kidani & SSR), WDW-7: Jul 2010 (AKV Jambo), WDW-8: Apr 2011 (Off Property), WDW-9: Jun-Jul 2012 (BLT, BWV & AKV Jambo), WDW-10: Dec 2012-Jan 2013 (AKV Jambo), WDW-11: Mar 2013 (BLT & AKV Kidani), WDW-12: June/July 2014 (AKV Jambo, VFW),WDW-13: Nov 2014 (VGF),WDW-14: Mar 2015 (BLT),DLR-1: Nov 2010 (Off Property), DLR-2: Jan 2012 (VGC), DCL-1: Jan 2012 (Disney Wonder 7 night MR)
Twitter ID: @CanadaDisneyMom

Last edited by Canadian Disney Mom; 10-12-2011 at 10:48 PM. Reason: typo
Canadian Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:25 AM   #44
redfrog
Earning My Ears

Smile Success!

I purchased a 10 day pass for Disneyworld as I will be going there in a month. However, we had a Disneyland trip planned as well. I successfully used my DW pass at DL before ever going to DW. I saw there was some confusion on this point on this thread, so thought I would share my experiences.
redfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:57 PM   #45
BuzzBiteyear
Intergalactic Protector of the DISboards

Wow, we are currently planning a trip to DL and had no idea this might be an option. I know DW, DS7, and I all have some days left on WDW PH NE tickets. We've been wondering how we will use these, as the past several years, we've either had APs or have had to purchase tickets while receiving Free Dining.

There is the other side of this, all 4 of us have at least 1 day on a WDW room key from one of these Free Dining trips (the other times we upgraded to APs). But I'm guessing these are just 1 day, 1 park tickets, instead of PHs.

Has anyone actually tried using unused non-activated WDW tickets?

Thanks.

Camelot Inn @ Disneyland - Xmas '14| Yacht Club - Dec '13 | Ramada Plaza @ Disneyland - July '12 | All-Star Sports - June '11, Xmas '10, Nov/Dec '02 | Caribbean Beach - Aug '10 | Pop Century - Aug '09, May '09, Sept '08, Aug/Sept '07 | Brother's Apartment - April '07, Dec '06 | Fairfield Inn @ Disneyland - Aug/Sept '06 | Grand Floridian - Nov/Dec '05 | Port Orleans - Riverside Aug '03 | Offsite - Kissimmee Aug '90

BuzzBiteyear is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: