Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 05:17 PM   #766
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...
 
kelmac284's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 4,367

Laurie I said this on FB but I will say again I am SO sorry for this! I can TOTALLY relate. What with all the stupid financial issues the past few years with the recession and just life in general we have had to cancel lots of trips and it SUCKS!

The worst part is you get your hopes up like you said and even though you KNOW it is cancelled there is a part of you that really doesn't want to believe it and somehow hopes by some miracle that things will change.

I can TOTALLY to relate about needing to have a trip in the works or to be planning something to keep you feeling good and from not going insane. My life has had a lot of bumps the last several years and I haven't had a lot to be happy about either but like you said by planning a trip it really keeps my spirits up and gives me something to look forward to!

And like you I know I am blessed to have my kids and a roof and food etc but you and I both know sometimes you need that little extra bit of magic to make all the CRAPPY stuff in life not get in the way!

((hugs)) and I KNOW that eventually it will all work out, you WILL get the money and you WILL plan another trip. It just REALLY sucks right now but the holidays are coming and if you are like me you can enjoy your kids at halloween and xmas and then you have the ladies trip to look forward to so I know you will find some fun things to get your mind of the bad stuff!

And I know I am here for you as I am sure the others are as well!

Hang in there and tomorrow will be a better day! Promise!
__________________

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip 11/14
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:25 PM   #767
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,252

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Laurie I said this on FB but I will say again I am SO sorry for this! I can TOTALLY relate. What with all the stupid financial issues the past few years with the recession and just life in general we have had to cancel lots of trips and it SUCKS!

The worst part is you get your hopes up like you said and even though you KNOW it is cancelled there is a part of you that really doesn't want to believe it and somehow hopes by some miracle that things will change.

I can TOTALLY to relate about needing to have a trip in the works or to be planning something to keep you feeling good and from not going insane. My life has had a lot of bumps the last several years and I haven't had a lot to be happy about either but like you said by planning a trip it really keeps my spirits up and gives me something to look forward to!

And like you I know I am blessed to have my kids and a roof and food etc but you and I both know sometimes you need that little extra bit of magic to make all the CRAPPY stuff in life not get in the way!

((hugs)) and I KNOW that eventually it will all work out, you WILL get the money and you WILL plan another trip. It just REALLY sucks right now but the holidays are coming and if you are like me you can enjoy your kids at halloween and xmas and then you have the ladies trip to look forward to so I know you will find some fun things to get your mind of the bad stuff!

And I know I am here for you as I am sure the others are as well!

Hang in there and tomorrow will be a better day! Promise!
Thanx bunches Kelly!! You know I feel bad for boo hooing about canceling a trip....there are so many other things that rate much higher than that but DL is just a part of me & not going is like losing a friend. I'll survive, as will the family........there's nothing I can do about the situation & believe me, I've learned to live with many bumps in the road.....you just play with the cards your dealt. It's just nice to occassionally hit a royal straight!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-09-2011, 05:34 PM   #768
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...
 
kelmac284's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 4,367

Don't feel bad at all!! I don't blame you one bit for being upset!!! I would be too that was my point of my other post. Sure there are other more important things in life but like you said sometimes we just need something good to look forward to and you are probably like me. Disney is my happy place and I know no matter how crappy everything else in life is at least for a short time I can go there and even if I just sit on a bench I am in my fav place and I am soaking up the sights, smells and sounds and it is just BETTER!

Like I said though the good thing is at least you will get the money eventually and as MUCH as it sucks right now as some of the others said you can just look forward to spending it later!! I am positive that once things sink in a bit and once you FINALLY get the money it will be so much more exciting to actually be able to plan something.

I know for me I am having to look for full time work and if I DO go back full time my entire life is going to change. Not only will my vacations prob end but being able to take the girls to school and pick them up and go to their sports events and on and on. I have basically been home with them since they were born and eventhough I work I work for my family so it is VERY flexible. I only wish they could pay me enough that I could survive off it but I can't so I have to go back out in the "real" world and go back to 8-5 and not seeing my kids and I am NOT looking forward to it but it is a reality of life unfortunately.
__________________

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip 11/14
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:40 PM   #769
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!
 
Sherry E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 13,679
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Thanx!!

Thanx!! I don't have the heart to cancel anything at this point....will hold off until Sept......I always can hope for a miracle!!

But like you, I always say things happen for a reason.....unfortunately, the only viable reasons I can come up with for not going that week is something happening to my dad or step-mom.....I'd much rather be on vacation then to think about that happening. I'm very lucky to still have all 4 of my parents (including steps).....but I know neither my dad or stepmom are in good health, in fact my stepmom is in really bad shape. She's been fighting cancer for 30 yrs....not too many people can say that. Unfortunately, she's losing the battle as the cancer has spread everywhere. My dad is extremely weak & not recognizing people.....so I worry about his health as well.

Does this open the Christmas time possibility.......who knows?? Mike's unsure if he'd have the opportunity to get away that soon into his new position & unless with the change of jobs/stores.....he's pretty much stuck with his vacation time the first week of October.

There is some possibility to combining our family trip with the girls trip like Mike & I did this past March. They could drive down & meet me at the end of the girls trip & then we would be there in the off-season. Low crowds are awesome, but fear what all would be closed for refurbs.

If Shyann could talk clearly & in sentences.....she would say the reason we're not going in October now would be this: "I didn't want to go with POTC being down as that is my favorite song to sing".......lol
I was thinking about POTC being closed, so it's funny you mentioned Shyann's comment (if she could talk clearly and in sentences)!!

Yes, I truly think that when your eventual Halloween trip happens, it will be an even better version of Halloween Time at DLR than it is now. Plus, CarsLand will be open, all the DCA work will be complete, etc.

However, I am glad you didn't cancel anything yet, just in case!!! That's what I was originally going to ask you in my previous post (and then forgot to ask it!) - if you had cancelled the reservation. Even if the trip is not meant to be for some reason (and it may be for reasons that never make themselves known, that only God and the Universe know), I don't think it will be tempting fate at all to keep the reservation until September! It simply makes good sense!

Plus, if, for some reason the money comes earlier than expected but in not enough time to get the Halloween trip together, and if there is even a remote chance of working something out for the holidays (if Mike can arrange it in the schedule), it would probably be easier to take your existing reservation and just 'move' it to the desired holiday time rather than cancelling and then booking a whole new room.

I'm crossing my fingers that something will work out this year, but if not, you do have the Diva trip coming up and you had a wonderful Diva trip this year. Halloween trips (and Christmas time trips) will come soon! The Disneyland magic will continue!!
__________________
Taking on the holidays, one photo at a time...

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:53 PM   #770
6Smiles
DIS Veteran
 
6Smiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 704

Laurie - I'm sorry they messed up on your return! Whatever the reason I sure do like your attitude! It stinks when plans changed. Keep the faith.

Kris
__________________
Kris
6Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:55 PM   #771
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,252

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Don't feel bad at all!! I don't blame you one bit for being upset!!! I would be too that was my point of my other post. Sure there are other more important things in life but like you said sometimes we just need something good to look forward to and you are probably like me. Disney is my happy place and I know no matter how crappy everything else in life is at least for a short time I can go there and even if I just sit on a bench I am in my fav place and I am soaking up the sights, smells and sounds and it is just BETTER!

Like I said though the good thing is at least you will get the money eventually and as MUCH as it sucks right now as some of the others said you can just look forward to spending it later!! I am positive that once things sink in a bit and once you FINALLY get the money it will be so much more exciting to actually be able to plan something.

I know for me I am having to look for full time work and if I DO go back full time my entire life is going to change. Not only will my vacations prob end but being able to take the girls to school and pick them up and go to their sports events and on and on. I have basically been home with them since they were born and eventhough I work I work for my family so it is VERY flexible. I only wish they could pay me enough that I could survive off it but I can't so I have to go back out in the "real" world and go back to 8-5 and not seeing my kids and I am NOT looking forward to it but it is a reality of life unfortunately.
I'm sorry you'll have to go back into the workforce.....lots of families have to do that (in fact our family should be doing that....but no job I could get would even cover childcare for special needs kiddos). Would working p/t for both your mom & outside the home be an option?? Maybe you could work mornings & then you'd be able to see the girls after school & evenings?? Stupid, stupid economy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
I was thinking about POTC being closed, so it's funny you mentioned Shyann's comment (if she could talk clearly and in sentences)!!

Yes, I truly think that when your eventual Halloween trip happens, it will be an even better version of Halloween Time at DLR than it is now. Plus, CarsLand will be open, all the DCA work will be complete, etc.

However, I am glad you didn't cancel anything yet, just in case!!! That's what I was originally going to ask you in my previous post (and then forgot to ask it!) - if you had cancelled the reservation. Even if the trip is not meant to be for some reason (and it may be for reasons that never make themselves known, that only God and the Universe know), I don't think it will be tempting fate at all to keep the reservation until September! It simply makes good sense!

Plus, if, for some reason the money comes earlier than expected but in not enough time to get the Halloween trip together, and if there is even a remote chance of working something out for the holidays (if Mike can arrange it in the schedule), it would probably be easier to take your existing reservation and just 'move' it to the desired holiday time rather than cancelling and then booking a whole new room.

I'm crossing my fingers that something will work out this year, but if not, you do have the Diva trip coming up and you had a wonderful Diva trip this year. Halloween trips (and Christmas time trips) will come soon! The Disneyland magic will continue!!
I imagine totally pushing the trip off until next fall would be ideal on paper. CarsLand would be done....actually most if not all of DCA would be complete......more decorations possible in both parks or even going at Christmas time.......but that all sounds perfect on paper only. My heart won't wait that long. The kids didn't get a trip this year & so they were extremely excited to be going. I wouldn't feel guilty going on the girls trip if we had done the Oct trip.....but now that would be 2 trips I've taken before the kids got to go......that would really bug me. The girls portion of the trip was very hard on me & I don't want a repeat of that. IF we combine the 2 trips, then I'd be fine........just hate having a plan & being so close and then having it change. I'm give this all some thought & figure out what would work out best. We need to give Mike some time in his new job too. If we do the family thing in Feb......highly doubtful we'd get back for a holiday trip.
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:58 PM   #772
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,252

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Smiles View Post
Laurie - I'm sorry they messed up on your return! Whatever the reason I sure do like your attitude! It stinks when plans changed. Keep the faith.

Kris
Thanx Kris!!! Once I got over the screaming & crying....what could I do. It was totally out of my hands! I could get really honary & go back & amend the 09 & add in Addy......that would be another 12,000.......but we didn't feel it right to claim her as "special needs" just because she was a foster child. Besides, that would probably really throw a wrench into the works & to be honest.....I just want this whole thing to get over with.
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:25 PM   #773
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar
 
Trentmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 32,520

I am so sorry to hear this and so mad at H & R Block for you

I really hope by some miracle this can get expedited

__________________
"Sharky", RESIDENT LIFER
Trentmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:45 PM   #774
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
I am so sorry to hear this and so mad at H & R Block for you

I really hope by some miracle this can get expedited

From your mouth to the IRS's ears!!!!!

All H&R Block could say was a mousey little sorry........they did redo the forms & make all the copies we needed.....so now to sign it & resend. Hopefully with the letter attached, they might swoop it up & deal with it....but I'm not planning on seeing it any time soon.
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:45 PM   #775
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran
 
GoofySon'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: UpState NY
Posts: 4,307

Laurie I am just getting on the computer today so coming in late. I cannot believe that this all happened over one missed form! I am heartbroken for you! But I too believe that all things happen for a reason so maybe this particular trip is not meant to be for reasons that will never be known. I truly hope you can do the combined Diva/family trip. At least that isn't too far away. (Yeah, I know ... easy for me to say, right? Hard when our hearts lie with the Mouse).

Hang in there, Laurie. You are an incredibly strong woman with a really great attitude about this. It will all work out in the end.
__________________
Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:53 PM   #776
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,252

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
Laurie I am just getting on the computer today so coming in late. I cannot believe that this all happened over one missed form! I am heartbroken for you! But I too believe that all things happen for a reason so maybe this particular trip is not meant to be for reasons that will never be known. I truly hope you can do the combined Diva/family trip. At least that isn't too far away. (Yeah, I know ... easy for me to say, right? Hard when our hearts lie with the Mouse).

Hang in there, Laurie. You are an incredibly strong woman with a really great attitude about this. It will all work out in the end.
Thanx!! I still need to cut loose with a good cry......I've been going from sad to mad & crying while grumping about this......so when Mike gets home from work.....I think I'll let er' rip so I can move on. Right now it's all just perculating in my gut & that's not a good thing!!! Trying to keep it together for the family but as you know.......totally broken by the news.
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:03 PM   #777
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!
 
Sherry E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 13,679
DISboards Moderator

I know it all looks bleak now, but remember, many of us have been through this 'trip is falling apart' thing, and many of us use these trips as something happy to focus on to not think about other, less happy things. So when they do fall apart, WE fall apart too, because our emotions are tied up in them. So you are not alone! We are all in it together!

So, let's first cross our fingers and hope that something works out for this year and the check will speed through the red tape and fall into your hands - so you can either make a very last-minute, haphazard Halloween trip or a holiday trip or something. But if not, then it wasn't meant to be.

As for the Diva trip, I can totally understand how you'd feel guilty for doing another Diva trip and being at DLR without the kids for a second time, in which case a combo Diva/family trip would be ideal. But then, as you said, you wouldn't make it back for the holidays (or Halloween, either, presumably)...possibly for a very long time.

Let's then assume that the plans for this year cannot be worked out. I know I am about to incur the wrath of 1000 Divas by suggesting this but....could you possibly skip the Diva trip in 2012 and then just put all your 'eggs' into one great big Halloween or Christmas DLR basket in 2012? (I'm ducking and hiding right about now!) I know it seems like it will be an eternity from now before Halloween or Christmas 2012 get here, but is that a possibility? You could still make the reservations and get all the plans in motion, but it would just be a longer wait.

But I guess it boils down to how important it is to get the kids to Disneyland ASAP (for the Diva trip), or if it will be more worthwhile to wait until you all can make a Halloween or Christmas visit. The Diva trip would kill two birds with one stone, of course - seeing the Divas and taking the family on a DLR trip. But then you might not be doing a Halloween or Christmas trip until at least 2013.

Just running different scenarios around in my mind... What's that saying? Run it up the flagpole and see if it flies?
__________________
Taking on the holidays, one photo at a time...

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:28 PM   #778
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
I know it all looks bleak now, but remember, many of us have been through this 'trip is falling apart' thing, and many of us use these trips as something happy to focus on to not think about other, less happy things. So when they do fall apart, WE fall apart too, because our emotions are tied up in them. So you are not alone! We are all in it together!

So, let's first cross our fingers and hope that something works out for this year and the check will speed through the red tape and fall into your hands - so you can either make a very last-minute, haphazard Halloween trip or a holiday trip or something. But if not, then it wasn't meant to be.

As for the Diva trip, I can totally understand how you'd feel guilty for doing another Diva trip and being at DLR without the kids for a second time, in which case a combo Diva/family trip would be ideal. But then, as you said, you wouldn't make it back for the holidays (or Halloween, either, presumably)...possibly for a very long time.

Let's then assume that the plans for this year cannot be worked out. I know I am about to incur the wrath of 1000 Divas by suggesting this but....could you possibly skip the Diva trip in 2012 and then just put all your 'eggs' into one great big Halloween or Christmas DLR basket in 2012? (I'm ducking and hiding right about now!) I know it seems like it will be an eternity from now before Halloween or Christmas 2012 get here, but is that a possibility? You could still make the reservations and get all the plans in motion, but it would just be a longer wait.

But I guess it boils down to how important it is to get the kids to Disneyland ASAP (for the Diva trip), or if it will be more worthwhile to wait until you all can make a Halloween or Christmas visit. The Diva trip would kill two birds with one stone, of course - seeing the Divas and taking the family on a DLR trip. But then you might not be doing a Halloween or Christmas trip until at least 2013.

Just running different scenarios around in my mind... What's that saying? Run it up the flagpole and see if it flies?
All suggestions welcomed!!! I know I'd love the holidays (Halloween & Christmas) but to be honest with you.....I have NO CLUE how the twins would do with that much stimulation. Maybe the reason this didn't work out is because the twins aren't ready. If that's the case (and it's a good arguement)....taking them in February/March would be ideal. Slow time of year, quieter, less people, less commotion, etc. We might even get lucky with a great deal!!! So at this time....I'm leaning towards that. Maybe I'll get lucky & get to do a mini-meet during the holidays.....but I guess waiting has it's advantages too. The twins will get older, easier to manage & possibly handle things better in a couple years. I know we've dreamt of going to WDW but that is totally out of the question until the girls get bigger & can mobile themselves around.

Will I be disappointed in not seeing the park all dolled up for Halloween & Christmas....you betcha!!! Am I sorry we have the twins......absolutely not & I'll gladly take the trade-offs. Someday we'll get there.....but I guess this was not the time. I'd hate to think of them reacting negatively, souring it for all of us........so onwards we march & something better will come of this!!!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:02 PM   #779
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!
 
Sherry E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 13,679
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
All suggestions welcomed!!! I know I'd love the holidays (Halloween & Christmas) but to be honest with you.....I have NO CLUE how the twins would do with that much stimulation. Maybe the reason this didn't work out is because the twins aren't ready. If that's the case (and it's a good arguement)....taking them in February/March would be ideal. Slow time of year, quieter, less people, less commotion, etc. We might even get lucky with a great deal!!! So at this time....I'm leaning towards that. Maybe I'll get lucky & get to do a mini-meet during the holidays.....but I guess waiting has it's advantages too. The twins will get older, easier to manage & possibly handle things better in a couple years. I know we've dreamt of going to WDW but that is totally out of the question until the girls get bigger & can mobile themselves around.

Will I be disappointed in not seeing the park all dolled up for Halloween & Christmas....you betcha!!! Am I sorry we have the twins......absolutely not & I'll gladly take the trade-offs. Someday we'll get there.....but I guess this was not the time. I'd hate to think of them reacting negatively, souring it for all of us........so onwards we march & something better will come of this!!!!
That's a very good point - IF this trip doesn't work out (and we'll still give it some time to see if that check miraculously appears by September), it could very well be because the twins are not ready for the extra stimulation (especially at the Halloween party). You could be very right about that. Another couple of years, when they are older and better able to manage it all, could be the perfect scenario for Halloween and/or Christmas. Maybe going as part of your Diva adventure will be a much better time.

And one thing to look forward to is that POTC will be up and running by the Diva trip, or by next Halloween, or in 2 years from now, or whenever you go...so Shyann will be able to sing!
__________________
Taking on the holidays, one photo at a time...

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:04 PM   #780
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post

And one thing to look forward to is that POTC will be up and running by the Diva trip, or by next Halloween, or in 2 years from now, or whenever you go...so Shyann will be able to sing!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.