Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2011, 01:22 PM   #751
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry Laurie. It's so sad when you have to rely on companies like that to get things done, and they go and mess it up and basically screw you over.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:24 PM   #752
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
I'm so sorry Laurie. It's so sad when you have to rely on companies like that to get things done, and they go and mess it up and basically screw you over.
You expect the "Professionals" to do it right....that's why you pay them. They even sent it off to be double checked just to make sure they crossed their "t"s & dotted their "i"s.....how could they miss such an obvious thing???

I'm going down there as soon as I get twins off bus & fed lunch......they won't be happy to see me........but they'll also be refiling this for us....that's the minimum!!!!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2011, 01:28 PM   #753
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
You expect the "Professionals" to do it right....that's why you pay them. They even sent it off to be double checked just to make sure they crossed their "t"s & dotted their "i"s.....how could they miss such an obvious thing???

I'm going down there as soon as I get twins off bus & fed lunch......they won't be happy to see me........but they'll also be refiling this for us....that's the minimum!!!!!
You'd think their "double checking" would have made it certain that it was all there and correct. They better not try to charge you for refiling!
Old 08-09-2011, 01:29 PM   #754
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post

I bet they see the steam coming out your ears when you walk in there!!

They really should do something to make it better but I don't think anything can make this better unless they could give you the money!!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:30 PM   #755
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
You'd think their "double checking" would have made it certain that it was all there and correct. They better not try to charge you for refiling!
They won't & I believe they have a guarantee so we might even get our money back from paying them originally!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

Old 08-09-2011, 01:31 PM   #756
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
I bet they see the steam coming out your ears when you walk in there!!

They really should do something to make it better but I don't think anything can make this better unless they could give you the money!!
They can't make it better, but they darned better FIX IT!!

Old 08-09-2011, 01:52 PM   #757
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Laurie, this is awful. I am so sorry this has happened to you. When you are ready for it I have silver linings.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:00 PM   #758
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Laurie, this is awful. I am so sorry this has happened to you. When you are ready for it I have silver linings.
Thanx Michele.....of course there are always silver linings......I'm just sad for my family.....part of the reason Tyler made the decision to move back, was because he was getting to go on the trip. He deals with depression like me & these trips are what helps us get up in the morning.....now I feel like I've lead him on or tricked him into coming home to help me. The kids are upset, Mike's upset.....it's just made the mood around here sad.

We're all excited about Mike's new job, but now that we can't move....it's going to add 2 hrs to Mike's day & a lot of wear & tear on our vehicle....not to mention the gas.

Got news from my older brother that my dad didn't recognize him & my step-mom is not looking good......so all these things combined with our daily life just weighs us down. It's knowing we have something to look forward to that makes us smile thru it all.

My life is very blessed & I don't forget that with everything that's going on. I have a beautiful family & wonderful friends.....we have a roof over our heads & food in the pantry. I appreciate everyone's support on here.....it means more than any of you will know!!!!

The good news is....we will get this credit eventually!!! The bad news.......waiting another 3 months wondering when it will get here. Won't be making plans until we see it.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:26 PM   #759
kaoden39
Hugs

Laurie, you have the right attitude about this. I understand the sadness and the depression I have had to cancel trips and it has broken my heart. I am so sorry to hear about your dad.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:35 PM   #760
Happy 2 B Me
I have ears --just not Disney Ears.

Oh No Laurie, The trip is still on. Just the dates will change. I am so glad you will still get -- just going to be a bit later then expected. For so long you had a great time planning, making ressies for the prior trip. Now you get to have that much and more fun redoing .

Have a great day .
Patty
Happy 2 B Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:39 PM   #761
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy 2 B Me View Post
Oh No Laurie, The trip is still on. Just the dates will change. I am so glad you will still get -- just going to be a bit later then expected. For so long you had a great time planning, making ressies for the prior trip. Now you get to have that much and more fun redoing .

Have a great day .
Patty

Patty, I love your attitude!!
Old 08-09-2011, 02:44 PM   #762
kylie71
Can't wait for more!
I love mexican food, sooo Much!

Laurie,
I'm heartbroken for all of you! I have no patience for stoopid people! Jeez, I understand your pain. We've cancelled trips before, but your poor kids!
Anyway, you get the fun of planning again! Half the fun is the planning and the getting there!
We will get you through this!
Old 08-09-2011, 03:00 PM   #763
BLAZEY
Mouseketeer

Sor Sorry :(

Sorry to hear that the trip has been postponed due to one piece of paper. Now being from Canada I have never dealt with the IRS, but why can't you just get them the one form you need and they add it to your already open case file and get on with it??? Having to start all over just seems like a waste of time, effort and $$$. Hopefully it will go much quicker this time. H&R Block does hold some liablity, and they should make it "right".
Disneyland Nov 2013, Disneyland Paris May 2014 (DD & I)
BLAZEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:15 PM   #764
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I'm so sorry you're having to deal with all this mess, Laurie!

I don't know - maybe I'm having a hard time accepting that your trip just won't happen. I'm in denial. For some reason, I keep thinking that it will work out somehow at the last minute - maybe with very little time left to plan, but somehow... My mind is not grasping that it won't happen.

On the one hand, I totally understand and empathize. Anyone who has followed along with my TR tales over the last 3 years knows that I keep running into one roadblock after another after another in my plans. Sometimes they are roadblocks that can be pushed aside after repeated attempts, and other times I have to just let the whole plan go. It's happened more times than I care to count - and let's face it, the problem could almost always be solved if I had any money to throw around at the situation. Even the current 7-night PPH plan I have now for the holidays is teetering on the edge of not happening all the time, due to money and other issues. I am trying to think positively and believe that I will pull it together at the last minute. These trips are the things I look forward to all year long.

On the other hand, I think that sometimes, when these wrenches get thrown into our plans in a major way (like your IRS situation), it probably is a big sign telling us that the trip is not meant to be for some reason. That doesn't mean it isn't meant to be a month or two later, or next year, but at that particular time it isn't mean to happen.

Maybe - for reasons we don't understand yet - your trip is not meant to happen at that particular time, but another time will be better. But the great news is that as soon as you get that money, you can start rescheduling!

So when the money does come through, are you going to plan another Halloween trip for next year? Or are you going to plan a trip for any other time in 2012 (I know you've got the Diva thing coming up)? Or what will happen? I agree with Paula - I wish there were time for you to plan a holiday trip this year but the money may not arrive in enough time to get that squared away.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:19 PM   #765
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Laurie, you have the right attitude about this. I understand the sadness and the depression I have had to cancel trips and it has broken my heart. I am so sorry to hear about your dad.
Thanx!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy 2 B Me View Post

Have a great day .
Patty
Thanx!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylie71 View Post
Laurie,
I'm heartbroken for all of you! I have no patience for stoopid people! Jeez, I understand your pain. We've cancelled trips before, but your poor kids!
Anyway, you get the fun of planning again! Half the fun is the planning and the getting there!
We will get you through this!
Thanx!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZEY View Post
Sorry to hear that the trip has been postponed due to one piece of paper. Now being from Canada I have never dealt with the IRS, but why can't you just get them the one form you need and they add it to your already open case file and get on with it??? Having to start all over just seems like a waste of time, effort and $$$. Hopefully it will go much quicker this time. H&R Block does hold some liablity, and they should make it "right".
Thanx!! Welcome to the US Government at it's finest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
I'm so sorry you're having to deal with all this mess, Laurie!

I don't know - maybe I'm having a hard time accepting that your trip just won't happen. I'm in denial. For some reason, I keep thinking that it will work out somehow at the last minute - maybe with very little time left to plan, but somehow... My mind is not grasping that it won't happen.

On the one hand, I totally understand and empathize. Anyone who has followed along with my TR tales over the last 3 years knows that I keep running into one roadblock after another after another in my plans. Sometimes they are roadblocks that can be pushed aside after repeated attempts, and other times I have to just let the whole plan go. It's happened more times than I care to count - and let's face it, the problem could almost always be solved if I had any money to throw around at the situation. Even the current 7-night PPH plan I have now for the holidays is teetering on the edge of not happening all the time, due to money and other issues. I am trying to think positively and believe that I will pull it together at the last minute. These trips are the things I look forward to all year long.

On the other hand, I think that sometimes, when these wrenches get thrown into our plans in a major way (like your IRS situation), it probably is a big sign telling us that the trip is not meant to be for some reason. That doesn't mean it isn't meant to be a month or two later, or next year, but at that particular time it isn't mean to happen.

Maybe - for reasons we don't understand yet - your trip is not meant to happen at that particular time, but another time will be better. But the great news is that as soon as you get that money, you can start rescheduling!

So when the money does come through, are you going to plan another Halloween trip for next year? Or are you going to plan a trip for any other time in 2012 (I know you've got the Diva thing coming up)? Or what will happen? I agree with Paula - I wish there were time for you to plan a holiday trip this year but the money may not arrive in enough time to get that squared away.
Thanx!! I don't have the heart to cancel anything at this point....will hold off until Sept......I always can hope for a miracle!!

But like you, I always say things happen for a reason.....unfortunately, the only viable reasons I can come up with for not going that week is something happening to my dad or step-mom.....I'd much rather be on vacation then to think about that happening. I'm very lucky to still have all 4 of my parents (including steps).....but I know neither my dad or stepmom are in good health, in fact my stepmom is in really bad shape. She's been fighting cancer for 30 yrs....not too many people can say that. Unfortunately, she's losing the battle as the cancer has spread everywhere. My dad is extremely weak & not recognizing people.....so I worry about his health as well.

Does this open the Christmas time possibility.......who knows?? Mike's unsure if he'd have the opportunity to get away that soon into his new position & unless with the change of jobs/stores.....he's pretty much stuck with his vacation time the first week of October.

There is some possibility to combining our family trip with the girls trip like Mike & I did this past March. They could drive down & meet me at the end of the girls trip & then we would be there in the off-season. Low crowds are awesome, but fear what all would be closed for refurbs.

If Shyann could talk clearly & in sentences.....she would say the reason we're not going in October now would be this: "I didn't want to go with POTC being down as that is my favorite song to sing".......lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: