Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2011, 12:23 PM   #691
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,645

Day 6 Ressies are made!!!

Minnie & Friends, Oct 7 at 8:40am

Hungry Bear is counter service which we'll do as an early dinner. Disney Dining was pretty sure this restaurant would be open prior to the party starting at 7pm.

I also ended up going back to Oct 1, the day we get into Anaheim. We were going to go to Johnny Rockets in the Gardenwalk......but we decided to do Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in DTD instead. Ty's never had it before & he figures we can do the "burger" joint stuff anytime.

Jazz Kitchen, Oct 1 at 6pm

Tomorrow I will be finishing up our ressies.........one more character breakfast to go before we check out of the Pier & head to Torrance.

__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:26 PM   #692
Happy 2 B Me
I have ears --just not Disney Ears.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 747

Laurie,

Do you have a local IRS office? We have not had one here for years. It was never staffed in the off season either. I am thinking there should be an e-maill address where you can get this figured out. My question would be If the ammeded return is done----Did a check get sent out-- and when check was sent. Was check sent direct or via the IRS batching system.

Don't let them say they don't know -- They can look it up or ask for a supervisior that can. Should they say anything -- remind them you do not want to let a check sit in the mail box or be taken

One other suggestion --could it have come direct deposit? It is my understanding all the direst deposits are batched so they hit the banks on fridays. When our taxes or done and we have a refund -- yeah-- our broker tells us date it will be deposited.

Patty -- fingers crossed for Monday celebration .
Happy 2 B Me is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-07-2011, 03:46 PM   #693
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy 2 B Me View Post
Laurie,

Do you have a local IRS office? We have not had one here for years. It was never staffed in the off season either. I am thinking there should be an e-maill address where you can get this figured out. My question would be If the ammeded return is done----Did a check get sent out-- and when check was sent. Was check sent direct or via the IRS batching system.

Don't let them say they don't know -- They can look it up or ask for a supervisior that can. Should they say anything -- remind them you do not want to let a check sit in the mail box or be taken

One other suggestion --could it have come direct deposit? It is my understanding all the direst deposits are batched so they hit the banks on fridays. When our taxes or done and we have a refund -- yeah-- our broker tells us date it will be deposited.

Patty -- fingers crossed for Monday celebration .
We do have a local office. The family I told about this refund actually took their return into the local office & they got it back in 6 wks. Wish I would have thought of that.

With an amendment, they will only mail a check.....no direct deposit...eventhough we've been set up with that for a number of years for our returns.

I'm hoping the local office can look into a bit more & find out what's going on. Time's a ticking & we need to know whether or not we're going to have this in time for our trip or not. The only saving grace to the possibility of having to cancel is.....if Mike gets the new job, we can set new dates.....he has a week of vacation that has to be used by the end of the year. We could always look back at our original dates following Thanksgiving. But I'm hoping we can go forward with our plans since I"m all in the mood for Halloween time!!

Mike's home Wednesday, so if we don't have the "letter" in hand by then....we'll go down & hopefully know what's holding things up.
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:49 PM   #694
JH87
DIS Veteran
 
JH87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central Cali
Posts: 1,900

YAY for more ressies!
I have always wanted to try Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, but last time we did the express version and it was not so good. So there was no way I could convince anyone to try to full out restaurant.
__________________



JH87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:16 PM   #695
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,645

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH87 View Post
YAY for more ressies!
I have always wanted to try Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, but last time we did the express version and it was not so good. So there was no way I could convince anyone to try to full out restaurant.
We did it in March (just Mike & I) & it was delcious!!! This time I'm going to get 2 appetizers & skip the entreee. We had a trio of soups & the best crab cake I've ever tasted!!!

Of course, the bananas foster was a great show & oh so good!!!!

We've never done the express, so have no clue what they even serve.
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:35 PM   #696
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,182

I love the Express Kitchen!! It is a great place to grab a meal and take it on the go back to the hotel. I like their popcorn shrimp!! On the other hand I do not like their coleslaw, it is a sour coleslaw and I just wasn't expecting that.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #697
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,645

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I love the Express Kitchen!! It is a great place to grab a meal and take it on the go back to the hotel. I like their popcorn shrimp!! On the other hand I do not like their coleslaw, it is a sour coleslaw and I just wasn't expecting that.
So not the creamy coleslaw.......I don't mind the other kind but do prefer the creamy style better.
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:43 PM   #698
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
So not the creamy coleslaw.......I don't mind the other kind but do prefer the creamy style better.

Me too. And I will tell you I liked their breakfast too. Their beignets are really wonderful!! Their whole breakfast menu is good. And if you don't mind sitting outside it can be an enjoyable breakfast.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:46 PM   #699
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,645

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Me too. And I will tell you I liked their breakfast too. Their beignets are really wonderful!! Their whole breakfast menu is good. And if you don't mind sitting outside it can be an enjoyable breakfast.
I've heard a number people saying they swing in there & grab the beignets & then go stand in line. We've just never done that. We always get the beignets at Cafe Orleans.....yummy!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:03 PM   #700
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
I've heard a number people saying they swing in there & grab the beignets & then go stand in line. We've just never done that. We always get the beignets at Cafe Orleans.....yummy!!

I think that taste wise they are better than the ones from Cafe Orleans. Have you been to Ralph Brennan's website? They have the menu for the Express Kitchen on there.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:12 PM   #701
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,645

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I think that taste wise they are better than the ones from Cafe Orleans. Have you been to Ralph Brennan's website? They have the menu for the Express Kitchen on there.
I'll have to check it out........won't get there this upcoming trip....but maybe next trip!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:18 PM   #702
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
I'll have to check it out........won't get there this upcoming trip....but maybe next trip!!

That's the wonderful thing, there is always the next trip!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:30 PM   #703
JH87
DIS Veteran
 
JH87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central Cali
Posts: 1,900

I have never have beignets from anywhere in DLR.
And I think I read about them in pretty much every TR!
They sound so yummy, I wanna get them sometime. I hear they have different ones during the Christmas season too!
__________________



JH87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:39 PM   #704
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,645

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
That's the wonderful thing, there is always the next trip!!
I don't think I've come home from a trip & not planned when the next one would be.......


Quote:
Originally Posted by JH87 View Post
I have never have beignets from anywhere in DLR.
And I think I read about them in pretty much every TR!
They sound so yummy, I wanna get them sometime. I hear they have different ones during the Christmas season too!
WHAT??? They're delicious & warm!!! At Christmas & Halloween time, Cafe Orleans makes Gingerbread Beignets with Eggnog Anglais.....can't wait to try those!!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:17 PM   #705
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
I don't think I've come home from a trip & not planned when the next one would be.......




WHAT??? They're delicious & warm!!! At Christmas & Halloween time, Cafe Orleans makes Gingerbread Beignets with Eggnog Anglais.....can't wait to try those!!!

I hate to admit this but I came back so satisfied by my last trip I wasn't really ready to think about going back again.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.