Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-05-2011, 10:57 AM   #646
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyStitch626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,853

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
I love caramel & bananas!!!!! Can't wait to try it!
I had basically that same thing at Storyteller's last trip and it was delicious!
__________________
DisneyStitch626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:12 AM   #647
Queenbillabong
Second to the right and straight on til morning
Just like melted butter
We may need a table by the loo
 
Queenbillabong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Beautiful BC
Posts: 4,270

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Taste Pilot's Grill is next to Soarin' in DCA. They have burgers, BBQ chicken sandwiches & ribs served with waffle fries......pretty good stuff!!!
Hey Laurie - I don't think Taste Pilot's has served waffle fries in quite some time now, just the regular ones (which is a bummer )
__________________
Queenbillabong is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-05-2011, 11:17 AM   #648
kylie71
Can't wait for more!
I love mexican food, sooo Much!
 
kylie71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sparks, Nevada
Posts: 1,691

I love Storyteller's! We went there a lot last November when it was so cold ouside, it's so cozy in there!
Can't wait to try Tangora Terrace, and I LOVE White Water snacks! Gotta get the Nacho's!
__________________
kylie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #649
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,335

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
I had basically that same thing at Storyteller's last trip and it was delicious!
The banana stuffed french toast.........that's why the return trip to Storytellers (ok, and the characters.....lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbillabong View Post
Hey Laurie - I don't think Taste Pilot's has served waffle fries in quite some time now, just the regular ones (which is a bummer )
Theresa, I didn't know that.....we missed eating there last summer & I didn't get there during the girls trip in March......that's a real bummer for sure!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylie71 View Post
I love Storyteller's! We went there a lot last November when it was so cold ouside, it's so cozy in there!
Can't wait to try Tangora Terrace, and I LOVE White Water snacks! Gotta get the Nacho's!
I've seen the nacho's at White Water & I LOVE nachos......but they didn't look that great to me....so I haven't tried them yet. I did get over to the Cove Bar at Ariel's Grotto to try out the lobster nachos & those were yummy!!!! Does WWS do grated cheese or cheese sauce on their nachos???
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #650
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyStitch626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,853

I tried the nachos at White Water Snacks. And while I liked the chips, I wasn't a fan of the strips of beef. I am used to ground beef on nachos, and I like that a little better. The strips of beef seemed too chewy. The rest was good though.
__________________
DisneyStitch626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:31 AM   #651
kylie71
Can't wait for more!
I love mexican food, sooo Much!
 
kylie71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sparks, Nevada
Posts: 1,691

I think it was cheese sauce... I also got the chicken breast. It was pretty good!
__________________
kylie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:31 AM   #652
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,335

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
I tried the nachos at White Water Snacks. And while I liked the chips, I wasn't a fan of the strips of beef. I am used to ground beef on nachos, and I like that a little better. The strips of beef seemed too chewy. The rest was good though.
We have a place here that does carne asada chips (beef carne asada on freshly fried chips, grated cheese, guacamole, pico de gallo, refried beans & sour cream.....they're to die for!!!! (which also explains, why I can't seem to lose any weight!!)
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:33 AM   #653
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,335

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylie71 View Post
I think it was cheese sauce... I also got the chicken breast. It was pretty good!
Not a fan of the canned cheese goo........ as much as I love nachos, I just haven't seen a picture of them that interested me.....not to say, I won't give them a try at some point........but I have other options to explore!!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:39 AM   #654
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyStitch626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,853

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
We have a place here that does carne asada chips (beef carne asada on freshly fried chips, grated cheese, guacamole, pico de gallo, refried beans & sour cream.....they're to die for!!!! (which also explains, why I can't seem to lose any weight!!)
I also prefer grated cheese over the saucy cheese! It makes things so much better. I think that's also why I wasn't a huge fan of the WWS nachos. I also had the nachos at ESPN Zone, and they use the sauce as well. Just not nearly as good as real cheese!
__________________
DisneyStitch626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:42 AM   #655
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyStitch626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,853

Oh, and I meant to say that those nachos sound delicious. I love that pico de gallo stuff! Yum!

We go to a place here called Original Joe's, just for their nachos. You get a choice of ground beef, spicy chicken or pulled pork, then they have lots of shredded cheese, onion, tomatoes, peppers and jalapenos (if you like them). They are so good! They don't allow minors in there though, so I don't think we will get them as often anymore.
__________________
DisneyStitch626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:50 AM   #656
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,335

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
I also prefer grated cheese over the saucy cheese! It makes things so much better. I think that's also why I wasn't a huge fan of the WWS nachos. I also had the nachos at ESPN Zone, and they use the sauce as well. Just not nearly as good as real cheese!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Oh, and I meant to say that those nachos sound delicious. I love that pico de gallo stuff! Yum!


We go to a place here called Original Joe's, just for their nachos. You get a choice of ground beef, spicy chicken or pulled pork, then they have lots of shredded cheese, onion, tomatoes, peppers and jalapenos (if you like them). They are so good! They don't allow minors in there though, so I don't think we will get them as often anymore.
I like cheese in moderation & the sauce actually is over kill for me......so at the places it's grated, I can ask them to go light on it. Mike makes a really good pico & guacamole....so we do a lot of homemade nachos too!!!

Does Original Joe's do take out??? We rarely eat out somewhere.....we get everything to go. The only time we spend a lot of time in a restaurant is on our trips.
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:53 AM   #657
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyStitch626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,853

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
I like cheese in moderation & the sauce actually is over kill for me......so at the places it's grated, I can ask them to go light on it. Mike makes a really good pico & guacamole....so we do a lot of homemade nachos too!!!

Does Original Joe's do take out??? We rarely eat out somewhere.....we get everything to go. The only time we spend a lot of time in a restaurant is on our trips.
I don't think they advertise takeout, but some places will do it if you call and ask. Maybe we should do that and see! I could go for some of those! Yum!
__________________
DisneyStitch626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:22 PM   #658
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,335

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
I don't think they advertise takeout, but some places will do it if you call and ask. Maybe we should do that and see! I could go for some of those! Yum!
I know, all this talk about yummy nachos is making me hungry!!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:27 PM   #659
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,036

I had the nachos at White Water Snacks in February and it was not that nasty canned cheese. I cannot stand that nasty stuff or nachos made with it.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:37 PM   #660
Happy 2 B Me
I have ears --just not Disney Ears.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 743

I know how you feel laurie about not going out much. It is some times hard for me to get husband and his wheelchair into car then take out then put back in then take out LOL. to much work so I order take out for restaurant food. Unless, like you we are on vacation.

Dialysis center always reminds me I am the one that needs care LOL. I am the caregiver that needs a caregiver. I know I am going to need to not do so much for a while once I get transplant but no other choice for no.

I stopped in her i wanted a mail box report --- Thinking there are going to be lots of ya-whooooo's when that check shows up.

Great news on the possible job advancement. Nights off is even worth taking a pay cut for -- glad it is a pay increase though.

Is Corvallis expensive for housing being a college town? Hope you can get moved before school starts for the kids.

Have a sunny day--- but not to hot.

Patty
Happy 2 B Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.