Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011, 11:59 AM   #241
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner
 
WDWJonasGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,606

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Thanx!!! Michayla is PDD-NOS (autistic) & Shyann is on the fence....has autistic tendancies. They're also mentally delayed & have a genetic disorder (but haven't pinned that one down).
I know how you feel. I'm a 16 year old that has autism so your twins are not alone. I was diagnosed at almost 4 years old.


P.S. Happy Birthday to your twins!! Mine is today.
__________________

Kaitlin: Directioner and a Huge Jonas Fan
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, ?/14 DLR: Too Many too count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14
DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:02 PM   #242
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,041

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
I know how you feel. I'm a 16 year old that has autism so your twins are not alone. I was diagnosed at almost 4 years old.


P.S. Happy Birthday to your twins!! Mine is today.

Happy Birthday Kaitlin!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-23-2011, 12:27 PM   #243
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,359

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
I know how you feel. I'm a 16 year old that has autism so your twins are not alone. I was diagnosed at almost 4 years old.


P.S. Happy Birthday to your twins!! Mine is today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Happy Birthday Kaitlin!!
Do you have aspergers or autism?? I know there are a lot of autistic kiddos out there & some great services as well!!

Thank you for the birthday wishes for the girls!!

Happy Birthday Kaitlin....hope your day is *+*+*Magical*+*+*!!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:41 PM   #244
tinksdreamwishes
DIS Veteran
 
tinksdreamwishes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Stockton,Ca- the second most miserable city in the US!
Posts: 552

I cheated and just started at page 16- But I will catch up! My goodness yours girls have gotten so big since last year! Esp Addy! I also noticed you cut one of the twins hair! which twin is it? I haven't read that far yet sorry- I bet it is way easier to tell them apart now! I feel your frustration to with the kids- my daughter although I lover her to death- is getting on my nerves! I asked DH last night for $400 so I could send her to my moms for the summer! He said "no". But I said " But it would be for 2 WHOLE MONTHS!" He still said No. Dangit. But anyways I am going to grab a snack and start at page 1 because I need to distract myself today!
__________________
_____________________________________________

"When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies."
~ Peter Pan
tinksdreamwishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:54 PM   #245
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,359

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinksdreamwishes View Post
I cheated and just started at page 16- But I will catch up! My goodness yours girls have gotten so big since last year! Esp Addy! I also noticed you cut one of the twins hair! which twin is it? I haven't read that far yet sorry- I bet it is way easier to tell them apart now! I feel your frustration to with the kids- my daughter although I lover her to death- is getting on my nerves! I asked DH last night for $400 so I could send her to my moms for the summer! He said "no". But I said " But it would be for 2 WHOLE MONTHS!" He still said No. Dangit. But anyways I am going to grab a snack and start at page 1 because I need to distract myself today!
Glad you wandered over.......lol!!

Michayla is the one with the short hair now......she was pulling out her hair in big clumps.....I had hair balls everywhere!! This seems to be helping but she was upset last night & was trying her hardest to grab out gobs of hair again.

I know I'm not the only parent going thru stuff with their kids, but I love to be able to come on vent with friends....it does help!!!

Enjoy your reading!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:28 PM   #246
6Smiles
DIS Veteran
 
6Smiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 706

Happy Birthday Kaitlyn!
6Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:46 PM   #247
6Smiles
DIS Veteran
 
6Smiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 706

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Glad you wandered over.......lol!!

Michayla is the one with the short hair now......she was pulling out her hair in big clumps.....I had hair balls everywhere!! This seems to be helping but she was upset last night & was trying her hardest to grab out gobs of hair again.

I know I'm not the only parent going thru stuff with their kids, but I love to be able to come on vent with friends....it does help!!!

Enjoy your reading!!
Laurie -

My oldest daughter used to bang her head on the wall and pull her hair out also. I know this is a really hard thing to watch knowing that your child is intent on hurting herself to sooth herself .

I know Michayla just turned four my DD was three so when she would pull her hair or bang her head I would tell her ouch that hurts and handed her a teething ring (The hard plastic ones so she can't puncture with her teeth) that I kept in the freezer for her that she could bite when she got mad. It sounds a bit peculiar I know but the cold produces the same ouch feeling on her teeth, may sooth her and keep her from actually causing harm to herself. It might be worth a try? Hang in there I know it is hard to watch .

Kris
6Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:05 PM   #248
tinksdreamwishes
DIS Veteran
 
tinksdreamwishes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Stockton,Ca- the second most miserable city in the US!
Posts: 552

WOW! I just read all of it- and WOW! I sure hope your IRS money comes before your trip! That must be really exciting! I would go for a Disney Cruise and then a week at Disneyland and bring a hired Nanny! And that is exactly why I would never have $24,000! But seriously, that is so awesome you guys really deserve that!
glad your going back to Hojo's! I do think Residence Inn would be far of a walk at the end of the day! For anyone! And as for missing Christmas this year at Disney- well there is always next year! The kids will be a little older and maybe a little easier and be able to enjoy it more!
I love seeing all the pictures! And can I comment on how clean your carpets are? I love clean carpets! hehe.....
Have a great trip!
__________________
_____________________________________________

"When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies."
~ Peter Pan
tinksdreamwishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:01 PM   #249
Teki
Love the Indi hats!
My family takes odd pics like that every time we go
 
Teki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sin City, the desert so far from Disney
Posts: 1,183

Happy birthday to your girls! they look so cute in there new outfits! I know you cut Michalya's hair because she was pulling it out but it looks really cute on her short. All my best wishes
Teki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:54 PM   #250
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,359

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Smiles View Post
Laurie -

My oldest daughter used to bang her head on the wall and pull her hair out also. I know this is a really hard thing to watch knowing that your child is intent on hurting herself to sooth herself .

I know Michayla just turned four my DD was three so when she would pull her hair or bang her head I would tell her ouch that hurts and handed her a teething ring (The hard plastic ones so she can't puncture with her teeth) that I kept in the freezer for her that she could bite when she got mad. It sounds a bit peculiar I know but the cold produces the same ouch feeling on her teeth, may sooth her and keep her from actually causing harm to herself. It might be worth a try? Hang in there I know it is hard to watch .

Kris
Michayla will bang (but not as much as she used to) her head, rub her head hard on things & pull out her hair. She doesn't always do it when mad. Since she is unable to communicate, she'll do this out of frustration, when tired, hungry, etc. It is hard to watch & we try to refocus her. We've found music to be the best things for both girls when upset.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tinksdreamwishes View Post
WOW! I just read all of it- and WOW! I sure hope your IRS money comes before your trip! That must be really exciting! I would go for a Disney Cruise and then a week at Disneyland and bring a hired Nanny! And that is exactly why I would never have $24,000! But seriously, that is so awesome you guys really deserve that!
glad your going back to Hojo's! I do think Residence Inn would be far of a walk at the end of the day! For anyone! And as for missing Christmas this year at Disney- well there is always next year! The kids will be a little older and maybe a little easier and be able to enjoy it more!
I love seeing all the pictures! And can I comment on how clean your carpets are? I love clean carpets! hehe.....
Have a great trip!
Hiring a nanny would be awesome!! (just don't see it happening....lol)

We loved our stay at HoJo's, so looking forward to going back. Residence Inn would have been really nice as well.....but the walk was worrysome. I'm pretty sure we made the right choice.

We'll get there at Christmas sometime.......I'm excited to be going for Halloween time (got the gears changed & moving forward)!!

I almost fell over backwards laughing when I read the comment on my clean carpets!!!! I have spots everywhere from Michayla drooling.....at times our carpet looks like a leopard!! (but thank you anyways.....)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki View Post
Happy birthday to your girls! they look so cute in there new outfits! I know you cut Michalya's hair because she was pulling it out but it looks really cute on her short. All my best wishes
Thanx Sid!!! The new Minnie outfits are so cute, but the shorts were way to big & falling off, so for now, they get to wear the shirt.

Michayla has a good cherub like face to pull off the short hairdo....I like it!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:13 PM   #251
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran
 
smile4stamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!
Posts: 4,393

I have now successfully gone through 2 of your trip reports! Took me awhile!!

Can't wait to keep up with this one!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:36 PM   #252
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,359

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
I have now successfully gone through 2 of your trip reports! Took me awhile!!

Can't wait to keep up with this one!
I'm so glad you did!!!! Hopefully I have something to add to this one soon......just kinda in limbo waiting on our money. Right now don't have extra cash to purchase the Halloween Party tickets!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:51 PM   #253
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran
 
smile4stamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!
Posts: 4,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
I'm so glad you did!!!! Hopefully I have something to add to this one soon......just kinda in limbo waiting on our money. Right now don't have extra cash to purchase the Halloween Party tickets!
I enjoyed it! Your little ones are so adorable!

I know on the money... my sunroof on my car won't close. I need to get it fixed but I need to wait till after my trip to do that. Isn't it sad that Disney takes priority over my car?!?!?
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:24 PM   #254
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,359

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
I enjoyed it! Your little ones are so adorable!

I know on the money... my sunroof on my car won't close. I need to get it fixed but I need to wait till after my trip to do that. Isn't it sad that Disney takes priority over my car?!?!?
I think Disney takes priority over everything.....lol (ok, not everything......but almost!!)
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:29 PM   #255
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,359

So Mike has been looking for job openings with Safeway for meatcutters in the Sacramento area.....no openings at all. But he did find openings in the Tahoe area or Lodi. I think I'd shoot for the Lodi area, as this is just south of Sac & I actually have a high school classmate that lives there. I'm afraid the Tahoe area would be tooooooooooo cold in the winter & then I'd be just as miserable as I already am here. The fibromyalgia doesn't like cold!!

I just wish we could get an idea of WHEN the money is coming in. We have a lease thru the end of July but would still need to put in a 30 day notice. We might have to give notice, but ask if we could stay past the time & pay monthly. It's just frustrating knowing the money is coming but not knowing exactly when. Makes it very hard to plan!! We couldn't afford to send Mike ahead & take a position.....can't pay rent in two places....so we're just kinda stuck in limbo!

Will keep everyone posted!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.