Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 07:37 PM   #751
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTME View Post
Its amazing how he got quiet as soon as the Phillies win. Phillies Win, Phillies Win....Just don't get tired of typing that...Phillies Win. Just has a nice ring to it.

SO mark...What are we going to do about the offense?
dont worry, it wont last. a pass ball, the iron pig won the game. its a shame the yankees arnt houston.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

Old 04-01-2011, 07:43 PM   #752
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

well, do you guys remember the nice pics i had of my basement, all finished. i went down to check my answering machine in my office and slop,slop,slop over the one rug. there is a 4 inch pipe that comes down from the kitchen sink, BIG SPLIT IN IT!!!! had to make a 3x3 hole in the wall to fix it. cleaned it all up. so, luckly this pipe is in the corner of the laundry room, im just going to put a piece of plywood over the hole and paint it the same color. use it as an access panel. but, at least i saved $1200 on my resi today!!!

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2011, 07:47 PM   #753
KTME
DIS Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
dont worry, it wont last. a pass ball, the iron pig won the game. its a shame the yankees arnt houston.
Hopefully the offense will not wait till the 9th all season to start hitting the ball.

Quote:
well, do you guys remember the nice pics i had of my basement, all finished. i went down to check my answering machine in my office and slop,slop,slop over the one rug. there is a 4 inch pipe that comes down from the kitchen sink, BIG SPLIT IN IT!!!! had to make a 3x3 hole in the wall to fix it. cleaned it all up. so, luckly this pipe is in the corner of the laundry room, im just going to put a piece of plywood over the hole and paint it the same color. use it as an access panel. but, at least i saved $1200 on my resi today!!!
Sorry to hear about your basement. At least it wasn't a lot of damage and it could be fixed pretty easy. But you did save $1200 today!!!

Old 04-01-2011, 07:51 PM   #754
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTME View Post
Hopefully the offense will not wait till the 9th all season to start hitting the ball.

Sorry to hear about your basement. At least it wasn't a lot of damage and it could be fixed pretty easy. But you did save $1200 today!!!
that what i kept think as im fixing this thing! i saved 1200 today! i did get lucky, didnt ruin the wall,ceiling and the floor was painted so i just sopped it up with towels. i have to was the carpter and the longer piece in throwing out, i have more in the attick of the garage.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:56 PM   #755
Grooovertoo
DIS Dad #572

One of them days

So, car didn't start this morning...no biggie, jump it, catch the train, go to work. I figure, at the end of the day, if all else fails I just jump it again and charge it overnight, right. So, after work, get to train station, as I walk up to the car...left front tire...flat. Not only is it flat, it has a real nice puncture in it. I have been meaning to get new tires anyway. So call my buddy over to jump me while I change the tire (for some reason I kept playing the scene from Christmas Story over in my head where Ralphie says fudge when he spills the bolts). So, I creep along on the spare, which is almost flat, taking as many back roads as possible, pull into a auto store, where they test the battery and determine...alternator! So guess what I get to do tonight/tomorrow? Change alternator and I just made an appointment for tires at noon. Did I mention it was my wife s car? Well, good thing I had it today.

Don't you love the way life likes to chip away at your Disney savings?
DisDAD Member #572 Dave Darla & Dana (9)

Old 04-01-2011, 08:04 PM   #756
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grooovertoo View Post
So, car didn't start this morning...no biggie, jump it, catch the train, go to work. I figure, at the end of the day, if all else fails I just jump it again and charge it overnight, right. So, after work, get to train station, as I walk up to the car...left front tire...flat. Not only is it flat, it has a real nice puncture in it. I have been meaning to get new tires anyway. So call my buddy over to jump me while I change the tire (for some reason I kept playing the scene from Christmas Story over in my head where Ralphie says fudge when he spills the bolts). So, I creep along on the spare, which is almost flat, taking as many back roads as possible, pull into a auto store, where they test the battery and determine...alternator! So guess what I get to do tonight/tomorrow? Change alternator and I just made an appointment for tires at noon. Did I mention it was my wife s car? Well, good thing I had it today.

wow, sounds like my luck lately! good thing you had the car.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:12 PM   #757
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Wow that $1200 you saved is like half a trip. Way to go
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 04-01-2011, 08:20 PM   #758
Mipatn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That stinks!!!

Were you able to save the Mickey rug?

Me , DW , DD10 , DD9 , DS4 DIS DAD #565
Disneymoon Dec 1997 GF, Kids 1st Trip Dec 2007 GF
Old 04-01-2011, 08:55 PM   #759
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillcoupons View Post
Ok guys, today is the beginning of the annual April “Give kids the World” Dis Dads Club fund raiser!!! Iam Trike Has started the ball rolling again with a very generous donation. Please donate any amount nothing is too small or too lagre.”

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraise...ll/disdadsclub
Thanks for the reminder Christian. I checked the site and a few things. The goal is for last year. I think we raised around $1,100. We should either start with a new goal ($1,500 maybe) or increase the current goal ($3,000?). Also the link to the DDC thread is to IV. How threads fly by. I would fix it but my tech skills are lacking. If we need to update the "spiel", I can do it. Just let me know.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:20 PM   #760
jason4024
DIS Dad #541
I am sure you will get your fill of man things to do around these parts

Location: Coaldale, PA - 1,068 miles north of the happiest place on Earth

Quote:
Quote:

Talk about two bad days. Hopefully tomorrow looks better for you both.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:52 PM   #761
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
And trying to clean up my desk, office, etc - in preparation for .... wait for it... wait for it....

V

A

C

A

T

I

O

N

!
!
!

Dinner with some friends from many moons ago tonight, DD's birthday party tomorrow, afternoon packing & dinner with friends Sunday evening... then Monday... we're off to the World.

I

can't

wait!!!!
Christopher, have a great time! Can't wait to hear about it when you get back.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:52 PM   #762
Wherem I Now
DIS Dad #30
29+85+77+26+95+4=FUN

Quote:
I've always heard that every basement will flood. Just a matter of when. Sorry to hear about that Dave.

But congrats on saving a lot of money by switching to Geico. What kind of car is a resi?
#30 King of the house, ruled by the Queen, and overrun by Princesses (18,16,7)

1978, 6/91 DisneyMoon, 10/94 DVL, 10/00 1st trip with DD's, 1/03, 1/05, 1/06 DCL Wonder. 4/06 Bonus day after business trip, 1/07 1st trip for 3rd DD, 6/07, 8/08 "Resort Hopper Trip", 1/09, 10/10, 5/11 DCL Dream, 4/12 OKW, 6/13 DCL Dream & OKW
Old 04-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #763
The Disney Fanatic
DIS Dad's Club Member #1

Quote:
Hey dvczerfs,

How do you like the DVC and would you recommend it to others?
Old 04-01-2011, 11:39 PM   #764
BigTex71
DIS Dad #536
Bring it!
It's a conspiracy, I tell you! <300 ;)

Watch out Phillies, the Rangers are also on a 162-0 record pace! I would love to see my Rangers face Cliff Lee in the World Series to see that drama play out.
DIS Dad Club Member #536
2012 DisDads Fantasy Baseball Champion - Jungle (Nelson) Cruz

Wanna Read My PTR? Your Stunned Silence Is VERY Reassuring (Jan/Feb 2011)
A Private Dance With Cinderella...Our Surprise Trip Jan/Feb 2011

me dw ds(13) dd(7)

Old 04-02-2011, 12:26 AM   #765
DisDadDoc
DDC #403
Galactic Hero & Proud Aspie Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
And trying to clean up my desk, office, etc - in preparation for .... wait for it... wait for it....

V

A

C

A

T

I

O

N

!
!
!

Dinner with some friends from many moons ago tonight, DD's birthday party tomorrow, afternoon packing & dinner with friends Sunday evening... then Monday... we're off to the World.

I

can't

wait!!!!
Have a great time, Christopher!

Quote:
Quote:

CRUD! That's a bad day guys! Hope the weekend gets better
Chris Dis Dad #403 DW DS(14) DS(13) DD(11)

As Kid: 1978 Polynesian - 1980 Polynesian - 1985 Off Property
As Dad: Apr 2006 Nick Hotel - Feb 2007 Nick Hotel - Dec 2008 GF/Poly -
Oct 2009 BLT - May 2010 GF - June 2010 BWV - April 2011 BLT -
Feb 2012 AKL - Mar 2012 YCR - Jan 2013 OKW - Feb 2013 BLT -
Oct 2013 Contemporary - Jan 2014 TBD
Closed Thread

Tags
cheeseballs, club, dads, man

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: