Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 10:57 AM   #151
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

not bad, page 10!!
happy birthday aaron!!! im turning 23 in august this year.(again)
congrats stopher on shutting down 7, if i gambled, i would have won a pot full!
i didnt read the entire 30 pages that i missed. i hope everyone is doing fine. i see dvczerfs was pretty quiet on #7. ill try to stay in the loop better the next few days.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:59 AM   #152
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

You know... just thinking back over last night - and taking a look at some of my handy work... this one really set my mind in to overdrive to make it happen last night.... and knew that I would

Post # 3423, page 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post

Wow it got quiet. Everyone must be watching Tangled

DisDad Member #188

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2011, 11:05 AM   #153
Rental01
DIS Dad’s Club Member #366

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason4024 View Post
He was the first to post on each thread?
Close - last to post. It's a coveted position that usually ends with us posting at the rate of 500-800 posts per hour vying for that honor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prattpak View Post
Whoever is coming through the Denver area wait until late May then the pool will be open for the kiddos to swim in. BBQ is open all year round though!!
Heck, I'm just trying to find a way to move back there. I'd be out of driving distance from the house of mouse but I'd be back home. Of course that means 1) finding a job, 2) packing our stuff, and 3) leaving everything we now have here. I think we're waiting until the kids are out of the house first.
Home School Dis Dad's Alliance
Old 03-30-2011, 11:05 AM   #154
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
What part of Indiana are you rolling through?
I'll be in Indianapolis for a day or so. Where are you located?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
A. I'm flattered that you think I could do that with a pitching wedge.
B. It takes at least my 4 iron to put a hole in aircraft grade aluminum. But only if it's 30 or 40 yards to the right of where I was actually aiming.
Whoops, too late. I already sent the FAA over to your office. Just tell them it was middlepat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDadDoc View Post
Couldn't be more "active" than my kids!
Still want to meet them next time!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:16 AM   #155
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Page 11 Really?

We needs our own Forum.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #156
stopher1

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
Page 11 Really?

We needs our own Forum.
Really

And yes, we do

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:23 AM   #157
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Stopher between all the great pics of DL last night and the description of cars land you've posted I'm starting to think your still a DL castmember in charge of increasing admissions.

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
Old 03-30-2011, 11:24 AM   #158
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Page 11 Really?

We needs our own Forum.
I was thinking about that. As hard as it is to keep up with 15 pages a day on one thread, I would think it would be harder to keep up with 2 pages a day on each of 9+ threads. Conversations would cross threads, guys would miss out on topics, pandemonium in the streets, fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes. The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Ok, those last few may have if the containment grid is shut down and thousands of ghosts are released in New York City. Either way, I think our own forum would make my head spin.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:26 AM   #159
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Page 11 Really?

We needs our own Forum.
No, we need a chat room as quick as this thing moves sometimes.

Quote:
I was thinking about that. As hard as it is to keep up with 15 pages a day on one thread, I would think it would be harder to keep up with 2 pages a day on each of 9+ threads. Conversations would cross threads, guys would miss out on topics, pandemonium in the streets, fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes. The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Ok, those last few may have if the containment grid is shut down and thousands of ghosts are released in New York City. Either way, I think our own forum would make my head spin.
I agree 100%.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:28 AM   #160
stopher1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
Stopher between all the great pics of DL last night and the description of cars land you've posted I'm starting to think your still a DL castmember in charge of increasing admissions.

No.

I haven't been officially employed by the Mouse for about 20 years. In fact, I've given them entirely too much money in that 20 year span - that far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far exceeds what they ever gave me while I was in their employ. But that's okay, really.

I just have an inordinate love for Walt's park... the one that started it all. The only one he actually walked in, ate in, slept in... the one that was the inspiration for 4 other "Magic Kingdoms" around the world... plus the other existing parks, and soon to be parks. The one that I grew up with - and truly is the Granddaddy of all theme parks. That's all.

Oh - and yeah - you really should plan a trip out there too. Not that it will benefit me in any way, but you'll have a grand experience, and I'll enjoy knowing you've enjoyed it...and even be jealous of you for being able to be there.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:30 AM   #161
stopher1

Quote:

Nice. +3 for another quality reference!

Old 03-30-2011, 11:33 AM   #162
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
Oh - and yeah - you really should plan a trip out there too. Not that it will benefit me in any way, but you'll have a grand experience, and I'll enjoy knowing you've enjoyed it...and even be jealous of you for being able to be there.
Sounds like a good place for the Indiana DIS Dads meet!

Hey, I can dream...
Old 03-30-2011, 11:34 AM   #163
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I agree. My guess is that the number of posts would also drop too. Spreading the conversations out across multiple threads would mean conversations wouldn't move as fast. If the conversations were moving slower people'd need to check in here less frequently and that would result in less posts.

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
Old 03-30-2011, 11:36 AM   #164
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post

No.

I haven't been officially employed by the Mouse for about 20 years. In fact, I've given them entirely too much money in that 20 year span - that far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far exceeds what they ever gave me while I was in their employ. But that's okay, really.

I just have an inordinate love for Walt's park... the one that started it all. The only one he actually walked in, ate in, slept in... the one that was the inspiration for 4 other "Magic Kingdoms" around the world... plus the other existing parks, and soon to be parks. The one that I grew up with - and truly is the Granddaddy of all theme parks. That's all.

We were planning on heading out there next September but we're gonna take my SIL and her family to WDW instead. I think my next park is going to be Tokyo.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:38 AM   #165
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:

I have to second this one. I kind’a like the wayward rambling of this little thread. Since we’re all posting here, I get to see what on everyone’s mind and also find myself reading along on topics that I may just overlook if it were a separate conversation. Hearing discussions on topics that are outside your own realm generally leads to expanded horizons (and I think Walt would have approved with that idea as well... Maybe not the mass hysteria part, but...)
Closed Thread

Tags
cheeseballs, club, dads, man

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: