Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 10:31 AM   #136
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Woohoo! Sounds like the AJRitz seal of approval to me.

Late July. I'll PM you!

+2 for quality movie references.

Sadly, no. I'm terrible when it comes to food pictures. I'll just have to describe it really well.

Amazingly, yes! We had a pit stop in Danbury and then decided to take the Palisades Parkway down to the NJ Turnpike. I was shocked at how well it was moving. No delays whatsoever. We were able to meet my old college roommate for dinner, too.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

I did get a good picture of her with my kids. I felt bad leaving--they'd just warmed up to each other and were having a blast destroying Chris' furniture when we had to go.

By the way, I asked Juliana what her favorite Disney ride was and she said, "EVERYTHING!" Good job, Tim.

I think Tim and I exchanged a glance that basically said, "Eh, it's not our house."

If it had been my house, they would have been everywhere.

This wasn't you, was it?

Pilot discovers hole in airplane fuselage
What part of Indiana are you rolling through?

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 6/18/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 03-30-2011, 10:32 AM   #137
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
A. I'm flattered that you think I could do that with a pitching wedge.
B. It takes at least my 4 iron to put a hole in aircraft grade aluminum. But only if it's 30 or 40 yards to the right of where I was actually aiming.
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2011, 10:33 AM   #138
DEA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
That explains the missed flight I had a few years back...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
You may have missed the plane....but I didn't.
"Yeah, so we pulled THIS out of the #3 engine..."
"Is that a Titleist?"

Oh, and Happy Birthday to Aaron and Ron!

It's combining thoughts like this into single posts that keeps me in the single- and double-digits on these threads. Oh, and work.

DIS Dads Member #432
Old 03-30-2011, 10:34 AM   #139
thebigdisneydaddy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That sounds like fun! The 2 hour drive down there doesn't, unfortunately. Next time get your layover in Milwaukee. From the back of my office building I can hit a pitching wedge onto runway 7. In theory. Not that I have or anything.
Hey I will be flying through there on Sunday! ! short layover though.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:37 AM   #140
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
I can't believe it is snowing in Indianapolis!! Please let the real Spring show itself soon. I am reay to thaw out. I wonder who will get snow for opening day?
Thank you for drawing my attention outside to notice this. I just seeded some grass yesterday evening, so I was hoping we might get a light shower out of this instead of snow. Oh well, nothing we can do about it.

Quote:
Late July. I'll PM you!

Quote:
I did get a good picture of her with my kids. I felt bad leaving--they'd just warmed up to each other and were having a blast destroying Chris' furniture when we had to go.

By the way, I asked Juliana what her favorite Disney ride was and she said, "EVERYTHING!" Good job, Tim.

I think Tim and I exchanged a glance that basically said, "Eh, it's not our house."
Sounds like a lot of fun. I guess as long as they didn't burn Chris' house down or something, it's all good!
Old 03-30-2011, 10:39 AM   #141
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
That sounds like fun! The 2 hour drive down there doesn't, unfortunately. Next time get your layover in Milwaukee. From the back of my office building I can hit a pitching wedge onto runway 7. In theory. Not that I have or anything .
Riiiiiggggghhhhtttt........

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 03-30-2011, 10:39 AM   #142
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
If you hit a golfball like I do, that must mean that the runway is about 10 yards in front of you and about 100 yards to the right.
I'd be happy if I could get a ball to go 100 yards in any direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigdisneydaddy View Post
Hey I will be flying through there on Sunday! ! short layover though.
That figures. We're out of town on Sunday any way. Let me know next time, though!
Old 03-30-2011, 10:40 AM   #143
DisDadDoc
DDC #403
Galactic Hero & Proud Aspie Dad

Quote:

If it had been my house, they would have been everywhere.
Couldn't be more "active" than my kids!
Chris Dis Dad #403 DW DS(14) DS(13) DD(11)

As Kid: 1978 Polynesian - 1980 Polynesian - 1985 Off Property
As Dad: Apr 2006 Nick Hotel - Feb 2007 Nick Hotel - Dec 2008 GF/Poly -
Oct 2009 BLT - May 2010 GF - June 2010 BWV - April 2011 BLT -
Feb 2012 AKL - Mar 2012 YCR - Jan 2013 OKW - Feb 2013 BLT -
Oct 2013 Contemporary - Jan 2014 TBD
Old 03-30-2011, 10:40 AM   #144
thebigdisneydaddy
Mouseketeer

Quote:

That figures. We're out of town on Sunday any way. Let me know next time, though!
Then my plane should be safe from the flying golf balls
Old 03-30-2011, 10:45 AM   #145
DEA
DIS Veteran

Guys, I have an actual question for you...

I'm renting DVC points for our May trip, and was wondering how the check-in procedure differs from checking in at a resort, if at all. Especially if someone has done the points-renting thing and can walk me through any potential "gotchas", that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

DIS Dads Member #432
Old 03-30-2011, 10:52 AM   #146
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEA View Post

I'm renting DVC points for our May trip, and was wondering how the check-in procedure differs from checking in at a resort, if at all. Especially if someone has done the points-renting thing and can walk me through any potential "gotchas", that would be great.

Thanks in advance.
I rented points for our trip in December. Check-in seemed to be just as easy for us as it was for everyone else. I don't think they have any way of knowing that I wasn't the owner of the DVC contract- not that I think it would matter anyway. Have fun.
DIS Dad #400

Old 03-30-2011, 10:52 AM   #147
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Dirty pool Christopher, Dirty pool! "Let's hold off on closing the thread." Well played my friend, well played.
I play to win my friend... otherwise, one might as well just go home. Too many years of competing with my dad and brother in things, and coming out the loser 99% of the time I guess.

Quote:
I can't believe it is snowing in Indianapolis!! Please let the real Spring show itself soon. I am reay to thaw out. I wonder who will get snow for opening day?
Stupid spring. 76 degrees last week, and now this. This is definitely one thing I don't like about living in Indiana... the stupid weather fluctuates WAAAAAAAAY too much.

Quote:
It is my personal belief that nobody should have to work on their birthday.
Mine too!

Quote:
Thank you for drawing my attention outside to notice this. I just seeded some grass yesterday evening, so I was hoping we might get a light shower out of this instead of snow. Oh well, nothing we can do about it.
Mine was already turning a nice healthy green, flowers popping up, trees budding.... ugh. Let's just skip spring and bring on summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEA View Post

Thanks in advance.
Is the reservation in your name? Then you should have no problems, and nothing out of the ordinary. Just check-in, put your CC on file with the desk for charging privileges (or not, if you so choose), and enjoy! There really is nothing special about the process on the check-in side of the equation.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 03-30-2011, 10:53 AM   #148
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind

Quote:
If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.
Nice!!
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(44), DW(45), DD(12), DS(9)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:55 AM   #149
DEA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
I rented points for our trip in December. Check-in seemed to be just as easy for us as it was for everyone else. I don't think they have any way of knowing that I wasn't the owner of the DVC contract- not that I think it would matter anyway. Have fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
Is the reservation in your name? Then you should have no problems, and nothing out of the ordinary. Just check-in, put your CC on file with the desk for charging privileges (or not, if you so choose), and enjoy! There really is nothing special about the process on the check-in side of the equation.
Perfect. Thanks, guys. The reservation is in my name; I have been checking that throughout the process.

DIS Dads Member #432
Old 03-30-2011, 10:57 AM   #150
Rental01
DIS Dad’s Club Member #366

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
Entire? Hardly. I have about 10 or12 thousand images +/-, maybe even more when factoring in the unscanned stuff still in boxes and albums , last night just barely scratched the surface. I have no clue how many I actually posted, but I'll guess around 150.. The majority were from 3 specific and distinct visits to DL, others were random vintage shots from DL, and the vintage WDW ones were from either my first visit in 1991 or my 2nd visit in 1992- I don't recall which.
I'm looking forward to the end of this page so we can have the DIS Dad's Iron Poster picture challenge.
Home School Dis Dad's Alliance

Closed Thread

Tags
cheeseballs, club, dads, man

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: