Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What will you wear?
Full on costume, baby! 155 55.56%
Halloween themed clothes 90 32.26%
Whatever I grab out of the suitcase is it, sister! 27 9.68%
Other (Oh c'mon! What do you mean by "other"?!) 7 2.51%
Voters: 279. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2011, 08:54 AM   #61
epcot.girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfdad View Post
My wife and I took our 20 month old last year (he was only 14 months at the time) and had the best time! We dressed up as football players and he was our football. We received a lot of compliments. Here's a pic:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I love this!

I have no idea if we're (BF and me) are going to dress up. We've already got two dresses and two suits to travel with, so if we do it'll be something simple. We've got one or two ideas but nothing concrete yet.

I've been twice before though with no costume and still had an awesome time.

epcot.girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:41 AM   #62
Lisa Sox Fan
Earning My Ears

We are going Sept 30th. Rapunzel, Mother Gothel and one still deciding.
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2011, 11:00 AM   #63
Michellynn
Finding shopping opportunities at every destination!

What about pins?

Has anyone just worn a Disney Halloween pin on their shirt?

DH and I are not really the costume type...but I don't want to be a total party pooper. LOL

Not sure I could actually get DH to wear a themed t-shirt either. BUT, I was thinking a halloween pin might do the trick.

We aren't pin "traders" so not sure if that will just confuse others if we are just wearing one on our regular shirts.

Thoughts?
September 2012 - DCL Magic Canadian Cruise, May 2012 - Coronado Springs, October 2011 - PO French Quarter, February 2008 - PO French Quarter, June 1998 - Dixie Landings, March 1986 - Fort Wilderness, March 1983 - Fort Wilderness, April 1980 - Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park

Michellynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:28 AM   #64
pjpoppins
Mouseketeer

Sept 23rd party
DD5-Classic Alice
DW-Queen of Hearts
Me-Dark Mad Hatter
We bought all the costumes since none of us sew and I knew we would never pull off making ones.

pjpoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:24 PM   #65
becauseisaid
You are what you eat. So don't order the jerk chicken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrerVixen View Post
Well, I was going to wear my Ariel costume, but it is a purple bra, albeit accesorised with a few beads and jewels. If I attached it to a [flesh coloured] body suit would that make it more acceptable?
I think that would work really well. Or even a fringe of shells or something similar. I think the fact that it's a Disney character helps. Let's face it - the rule is really to keep the "skanky" factor down. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpimental View Post
We are going in costumes on October 11th.
See you there!

becauseisaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:34 PM   #66
becauseisaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michellynn View Post
Has anyone just worn a Disney Halloween pin on their shirt?

DH and I are not really the costume type...but I don't want to be a total party pooper. LOL

Not sure I could actually get DH to wear a themed t-shirt either. BUT, I was thinking a halloween pin might do the trick.
I think a pin would be fine. And the fact that it will just be one pin will clue people in that you're not trading.

Though you don't have to get a costume or shirt that is over-the-top Halloweenie. How about a Perry the Platypus shirt and have your DH wear a fedora? You could wear white shorts/skort and a red top and say you're Candace.

Or a simple T-shirt. Yours could say "Who needs a costume when I'm already a Princess?" and his could say "Worst Halloween Costume Ever". Have fun with it!

Old 08-01-2011, 01:25 PM   #67
kthruz143
Earning My Ears

we are attending on sept 20 dd3 will be repunzel and ds1 will be buzz. not to sure yet about dh and i probably just some halloween t's

Honeymoon 6/07 All Star Movies
September 2011 All Star Movies
August 2012 All Star Moves
October 2013 Art of Animation
May 2014 Contemporary Resort and 1st Disney Cruise
kthruz143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:38 PM   #68
puntagordabob
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfdad View Post
My wife and I took our 20 month old last year (he was only 14 months at the time) and had the best time! We dressed up as football players and he was our football. We received a lot of compliments. Here's a pic:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Love it!!!!!
Old 08-01-2011, 01:52 PM   #69
Finally08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Sox Fan View Post
We are going Sept 30th. Rapunzel, Mother Gothel and one still deciding.
We are also going as the Tangled crew, so I would love to see your costumes as they come together! I can't sew and am having a heck of a time finding someone to make these.
Nov 2008 - With Twilight friends in DisneylandMay 2009 - The family returns to WDW! Contemporary
June 2009 - Girls dance trip / All Star MoviesFeb 14-21 2010 Wilderness Lodge Nov 18-27 2010 Pop Century - just me and my girlMay 18-31 2011 Pop Century - just me and my girl, aka "the queen of the kingdom"October 2011 - Family Halloween fun!!Nov. 26-30 '11 trip to visit Flynn!Dec 28- Jan 8 '12 NYE Madness
Sept 27-Oct 2 2012 - Enchanted MNSSHP
Finally08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:23 PM   #70
becauseisaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally08 View Post
We are also going as the Tangled crew, so I would love to see your costumes as they come together! I can't sew and am having a heck of a time finding someone to make these.
Have you checked out Etsy? I always have good luck there.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #71
Lisa Sox Fan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally08 View Post
I found a site that helped me find some items. For Mother Gothel, I actually ordered a Lady Guinevere Renaissance Maiden.
It is not exact but definitely close enough that you know who it is. I actually ordered Supa' Freakin Wig from Amazon which isn't too bad. I didn't want to spend a lot but you get the idea.
Probably just wear black ballet flats so comfortable for walking.
My DD keeps telling me I need a basket.
This site gave a lot of ideas.
http://www.squidoo.com/mother-gothel-costume
Let me know what you think of my idea.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:46 PM   #72
sarcasticfiesta
Mouseketeer

We're going as Saints fans. Who dat!

We didn't want anything too cumbersome because it's going to be so hot when we go. Plus, we already have all the stuff needed to be saints fans, so there's no extra $$$!

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."
sarcasticfiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:49 PM   #73
mickeygirl14
Mouseketeer

We've got tix for the Sept 20th party - and got ressies for the whole family at The Pirate's League that afternoon! So, I'm thinking we'll all dress up as princesses. Kidding, kidding - it's a pirate's life for us!

'84: Offsite '94: Offsite '96: ASMu Disneymoon Aug '00: POFQ Sept '07: FW-Cabins Sept '10: POR
Feb '11: Made it to WWOHP Sept '11: CR June '12: Swan Surprise Trip Oct '12: Marriott June '13: BC Oct '13: Hilton
June '14: Hilton Oct '14: Hilton

My first WWOHP Visit Report - Did I mention there was FREE butterbeer?

A Host of HOKIES Heads Back to the World! - Sept 2011 PTR.
mickeygirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:53 PM   #74
Finally08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Sox Fan View Post
I found a site that helped me find some items. For Mother Gothel, I actually ordered a Lady Guinevere Renaissance Maiden.
It is not exact but definitely close enough that you know who it is. I actually ordered Supa' Freakin Wig from Amazon which isn't too bad. I didn't want to spend a lot but you get the idea.
Probably just wear black ballet flats so comfortable for walking.
My DD keeps telling me I need a basket.
This site gave a lot of ideas.
http://www.squidoo.com/mother-gothel-costume
Let me know what you think of my idea.
I've got that site bookmarked - it's a great reference!
And yes I agree with the basket. Think about it...it will be great for TOTing.
I think you will look great and people will definitely know who you are. My problem is that I am super-anal about being accurate...I am like the people who get into cosplay I guess.

I went to Hancock fabrics yesterday and bought a pattern and some beautiful deep red fabric and trims. I called my mom and told her like it or not she's coming over this weekend to help. My mom has made a few things in her day...when I was a kid she made me an ET costume. She's just sorta messy and gets confused but I hope between the two of us we can get it done...I have meticulous attention to detail and she knows how to work the sewing machine. LOL
Nov 2008 - With Twilight friends in DisneylandMay 2009 - The family returns to WDW! Contemporary
June 2009 - Girls dance trip / All Star MoviesFeb 14-21 2010 Wilderness Lodge Nov 18-27 2010 Pop Century - just me and my girlMay 18-31 2011 Pop Century - just me and my girl, aka "the queen of the kingdom"October 2011 - Family Halloween fun!!Nov. 26-30 '11 trip to visit Flynn!Dec 28- Jan 8 '12 NYE Madness
Old 08-02-2011, 03:54 PM   #75
Finally08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by becauseisaid View Post
Have you checked out Etsy? I always have good luck there.
That's where I found someone to make Flynn's vest. I am paying double her normal price though to have it modified to be more accurate, and a bit more detailed.
I found someone a while back who was willing to work with me on the dress but then they sorta dropped off the face of the Earth. Plus it makes me nervous since I want my dress to fit and feel like I need someone in person measuring me, or there to modify it if it doesn't fit just right. I think that gaping neckline will be a pain.

Tags
halloween, mickey's halloween party, mnsshp

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: