Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2011, 07:38 AM   #46
katoot
DDC
And OWNAGE
I'm up for revealing on both

Day 10: The Great Katoorkey Family Meet Pt. 1

Day 10- January 27th

We made arrangements with Turkey Lurkey to meet by my “namesake,” Casey’s Corner at 10am. They would already be at the park, due to an ARD for breakfast.

We get to MK at about 9:30, a little early, so we get a few photopass pics take a few pics at Casey’s.

We meet up with the Turkey fam a little before 10 and head straight for the Winnie the Pooh ride. The whole way there, Little Turkey holds Soon Ae’s hand. Soon Ae then decides to play with LT once we get in line. We only had about a 10 minute wait, but that interactive queue area certainly made the time fly by.

After that, LT and Soon Ae go on the carousel, while TL, Turkey Wife, and I watch them. It was really cute watching them ride together.

I don't know how to post videos, so here's a link to it on my facebook page

Next up was the Haunted Mansion, I believe. LT was a little afraid at the beginning when the room stretches, but she enjoyed it. (We also enjoyed riding it again). Actually, LT asked to sit with me and Soon Ae, which surprised TL and TW (Soon Ae has a great rapport with LT…every time we visit, LT and Soon Ae act like best friends).

After HM, we head towards Pirates of the Caribbean. (The sudden drop still startled Soon Ae) Got a couple cute pics in the gift shop.

We split up for lunch and agree to meet back up at around 1 or 1:30. Seeing as how it’s now been 10 months since we were there, I don’t remember what exactly we did during that time. We don’t have any pictures after PotC (at about 11:30) until close to 2pm.

If I’m not mistaken, this is when Soon Ae and I went to see the Country Bear Jamboree, although I believe we got some burgers at Cosmic Ray’s first. We had a little bit of time before the next show, so Soon Ae sits down on a bench to rest. I had a craving for a Mickey Bar all week, and finally got around to buying one.

I was about two thirds done and standing in front of the Jamboree building. I believe I was talking to Soon Ae at the time, but I’m not sure. Maybe not. Anyway, I was minding my own business, enjoying my Mickey Bar. All of a sudden, something hit my head and my hand, knocking most of what was left on the bar on the ground! Apparently, this seagull was craving Mickey Bars, too! I just couldn’t believe what happened. There was a CM just outside the doors. She asked if I was alright, and said that it happens all the time. Well, now I know to protect my ice cream!

We watch the show, which Soon Ae thought was really cute, but had a hard time understanding the songs and what not. I wish I knew the names of the characters, but I believe her favorite was the big fat one to the left.

It’s close to the time we’re supposed to meet up with the Turkeys again, so we head towards Liberty Square (they went to see the Hall of Presidents). We only have to wait for about ten minutes or so until we are all back together and head towards Toontown to take a tour of Minnie’s Vacation Home.

We head back towards Frontierland afterwards to watch the parade again. After the parade, we went our separate ways yet again, but we are to meet up at 4:30 in Main Street to head to our ADR.

All I remember about this part was going on the People Mover, then trying to get a photo of Soon Ae and the castle while some fireworks are going off at the end of a show.

It would have been perfect if that lady hadn’t walked right in between us…

Anyway, we meet back up with the Turkeys, and head towards the monorails, but not without stopping in some gift shops first.

Coming up next

What ADR will we go to? Will it be another 6 months before another real update?

DIS Dad Member #598
(me) (DW) (DS) (DS)
Runs:
04/07/12 Gyeongju Cherry Blossom 10k (first ever run): 59:11
06/10/12 Pohang Marathon 10k: 1:01:37

Past visits:
WDW: March 1987 & 1988
Tokyo Disneyland/DisneySea: March 2006
WDW/Unversal: January 2011

A Magical Journey...Bookended by Some Airport Troubles
Old 12-06-2011, 10:37 PM   #47
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Nice update! Soon Ae looked prety serious with that gun! I could see they 2 girls were having fun!

I'll see ya in 6 months!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2011, 08:27 AM   #48
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoot View Post
Will it be another 6 months before another real update?

That's great that your wife and niece get along so well, especially since I'm sure they don't get to spend much time together.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:33 AM   #49
katoot
DDC
And OWNAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post

That's great that your wife and niece get along so well, especially since I'm sure they don't get to spend much time together.
Indeed. I believe that what she misses most about America when we are back in Korea.

DIS Dad Member #598
(me) (DW) (DS) (DS)
Runs:

Past visits:

Old 12-07-2011, 08:35 AM   #50
katoot
DDC
And OWNAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Nice update! Soon Ae looked prety serious with that gun! I could see they 2 girls were having fun!

I'll see ya in 6 months!
Hopefully it'll be sooner than that.

DIS Dad Member #598
(me) (DW) (DS) (DS)
Runs:

Past visits:

Old 02-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #51
katoot
DDC
And OWNAGE

Since its been just over two months since my last update, I'm gonna try to get something up soon. When I finished the last one, I thought I had enough for the rest of that day to fill a post, but I don't think it will. So, the next update will include the end of day 10 as well as all of day 11.

DIS Dad Member #598
(me) (DW) (DS) (DS)
Runs:

Past visits:

Old 06-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #52
katoot
DDC
And OWNAGE

Wow, almost four months since that last post...

I've been extremely busy lately. I started running at the beginning of the year and participated in my first 10k back in April. I'm signed up for another next weekend, but I'm a little worried about it, since I've only had a chance to run about 3 or 4 times since then. I've also tried picking up some private tutoring lessons to offset my wife quitting her job at the end of April, as well as trying to get as much overtime as I can at work. All of these changes are due to our family expanding at the end of the year. We just found out last week that DW is pregnant with twins!

I've got a day off on Wednesday, so I'll see if I can manage to get that long promised update up...

DIS Dad Member #598
(me) (DW) (DS) (DS)
Runs:

Past visits:

Old 06-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #53
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoot View Post
Wow, almost four months since that last post...

I've been extremely busy lately. I started running at the beginning of the year and participated in my first 10k back in April. I'm signed up for another next weekend, but I'm a little worried about it, since I've only had a chance to run about 3 or 4 times since then. I've also tried picking up some private tutoring lessons to offset my wife quitting her job at the end of April, as well as trying to get as much overtime as I can at work. All of these changes are due to our family expanding at the end of the year. We just found out last week that DW is pregnant with twins!

I've got a day off on Wednesday, so I'll see if I can manage to get that long promised update up...

Well, it has been six months since an update, but seeing as though you are now going to be busier than ever, it's forgiven.

Congratulations TWICE over!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931

Old 08-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #54
kaileighbug
DIS Veteran

Congrats on the twins. That will be exciting.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:42 AM   #55
katoot
DDC
And OWNAGE

Two for One Special: Day 10 & 11: The Great Katoorkey Meet Pt 2 and Stupid Casey

That's right! After just shy of a year, there is a new update (albeit, quite short, but, hey! An update's and update!)!

Day 10- January 27th

We leave the Magic Kingdom and get on a monorail headed for the Grand Floridian. After taking a quick look around the beautiful lobby, the 5 of us go to check in for the 1900 Park Faire. We only had to wait about 5 to 10 minutes (just enough time for LT to change into her Snow White dress) until we were seated. The step-sisters are on top of their game tonight and absolutely hilarious. However, the true star of the night, at least at our table, was LT and her dress. Every one of the characters thought it was absolutely gorgeous (in fact, I think a few broke character once or twice admiring it). The food was pretty good, from what I remember, and we had a great time. I'm pretty sure we are there at least an hour until we decide to call it a night, say goodbye to the Turkeys, and go back to our resort.

Since it is our final night at Disney, I try to make each moment last as long as I can. However, exhaustion gets the best of both of us and we are quick to crash in our rooms.

Day 11- January 28th

The next morning, we are up around 8, head for breakfast, and then back to our room to pack everything up, making sure we don't forget anything. With everything packed, we check out at around 10am and grab a taxi out front, headded for hotel #2 in Orlando, the Rosen Inn on International Drive.

The taxi pulls up to the hotel, we grab our luggage, and I go check in. Uh oh, no reservation listed. I was a bit confused, since I had a reservation number.

Now, I was unnaturally prepared and organized for this trip. I made a sort of information packet for DW detailing everything, from food lists at the restaurants I wanted to try (highlighting dishes I though Soon Ae would enjoy) to each day's schedule of events. However, apparently, I forgot to record the hotel's address. I thad the conformation number of our reservation, but no address. Little did I know, there are about a hundred Rosen Inns on International Drive...ok, maybe only 3 or 4...but still...

Back to the story. The clerk looks at the print out I brought and said, "oh, that one is just down the road." We took another taxi to where we were told to go for the "right" hotel. I go check in, wrong place again. This time, the clerk says it is just a 5 minute walk to the correct one.

So we start walking. Unfortunately, I managed to misunderstand the "left" and we walk the wrong way for about 5 minutes (keep in mind, we're hauling all of our luggage).

Finally, we arrive at the right place. We get checked in at around noon and basically call it aday. While DW relaxes and tries to de-stress, I run to the nearby Subway to get some sandwiches. We recharge our batteries for the next part of our honeymoon- Universal.

DIS Dad Member #598
(me) (DW) (DS) (DS)
Runs:

Past visits:

Old 12-03-2012, 01:46 AM   #56
katoot
DDC
And OWNAGE

Um, any clue what happened to my pics? Not in my last post, because I didn't put any in that one yet, but all of my previous posts here...

DIS Dad Member #598
(me) (DW) (DS) (DS)
Runs:

Past visits:

Last edited by katoot; 12-03-2012 at 02:43 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #57
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I think your pictures left...thought you weren't coming back!

They should have know you were on track with your 6 month visit!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: