Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2011, 04:05 PM   #1
ajm1107
Mouseketeer

Cape May or Ohana

Trying to decide between these two for breakfast. My cast of charechters is listed below and the two youngest have never been to WDW and the oldest has never done Cape May. My DH has yet to be touched by the magic so he doesn't care. The middle child read about Chef Mickey but a I cant get a reservation and b I liked Ohana better. But I also think that there will be more food choices at Cape May.

Help
DS (13)
DS (9)

One trip as a little girl
June 2005 Pop Century Old Key West (Our once in a lifetime trip)
March 2006 Pop Century (SO not so once in a lifetime)
October 2008 ASMU
May 2010 POR Bringing the new family
February 2014 First Disney Cruise oh what a Wonder
ajm1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:12 PM   #2
newdeal
DIS Veteran

Disregard this I thought you were talking about dinner

Last edited by newdeal; 03-28-2011 at 04:27 PM.
newdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2011, 04:18 PM   #3
DAZY3BYZ
DIS Veteran

We really enjoy both places for breakfast. Cape May has a really great, fun atmosphere with the characters in beach attire. They have a great selection of breakfast options. It is also very quiet for a character meal. Ohana may not have the large selection that Cape May has but is really yummy too. We like how they bring the food to you. You don't have to be up and down getting more food. They just bring it to you which is very nice. My boys also really loved Stitch so this was a nice bonus to Ohana. Also really love Mickey in his Hawaiian attire. I don't think you can go wrong with either but if your son wants to see Mickey do Ohana.

1999-ALL Star-sports; 2003- POR; 2004- POR; 2006 POR-POLY; 2007 POLY; 2009 POR-BC; 2010 POR-AKL
DAZY3BYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 07:26 PM   #4
queenofhartz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZY3BYZ View Post
We really enjoy both places for breakfast. Cape May has a really great, fun atmosphere with the characters in beach attire. They have a great selection of breakfast options. It is also very quiet for a character meal. Ohana may not have the large selection that Cape May has but is really yummy too. We like how they bring the food to you. You don't have to be up and down getting more food. They just bring it to you which is very nice. My boys also really loved Stitch so this was a nice bonus to Ohana. Also really love Mickey in his Hawaiian attire. I don't think you can go wrong with either but if your son wants to see Mickey do Ohana.
Mickey isn't at Cape May?
September, 2008: Bonnet Creek
November, 2009: Animal Kingdom Lodge
queenofhartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:08 PM   #5
SweetMommy
DIS Veteran

We have done both and love both. The only thing that deters me from booking an ADR at Cape May for breakfast every trip is how not easy it is to get there early in the morning. I am a big fan of Disney Transportation and there is really no way to get to Beach Club early morning w/ DT. I do love the characters at both. I love the variety of food on the buffet at Cape May better though. You really can't go wrong w/ either choice IMO.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:06 PM   #6
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofhartz View Post
Mickey isn't at Cape May?
No Mickey at Cape May. It is Minnie, Goofy, & Donald in beach wear.
lovesdumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #7
Torgue
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMommy View Post
We have done both and love both. The only thing that deters me from booking an ADR at Cape May for breakfast every trip is how not easy it is to get there early in the morning. I am a big fan of Disney Transportation and there is really no way to get to Beach Club early morning w/ DT. I do love the characters at both. I love the variety of food on the buffet at Cape May better though. You really can't go wrong w/ either choice IMO.
We are staying at the Boardwalk Villas for the first time and have never been to Cape May. How long does it take to get seated? I am also not sure of the distance from BWV but it looks pretty close?

Torgue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:18 PM   #8
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgue View Post
We are staying at the Boardwalk Villas for the first time and have never been to Cape May. How long does it take to get seated? I am also not sure of the distance from BWV but it looks pretty close?
Probably about a 5 to 10 minute walk. Depending on the time-if the boats are running the DHS boat goes to YC/BC dock next but walking is faster. I've always been seated pretty quickly.
lovesdumbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: