Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2011, 06:53 AM   #1
Rjsoto24601
Mouseketeer

Character Greeting question

Wondering where we can meet Captain Hook & Mr. Smee, Ariel, Peter Pan and Jesse from Toy Story.
Rjsoto24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:59 AM   #2
chiamarie
Mouseketeer

Captain Hook and Smee are only out periodically, I don't believe they are regular characters and aren't out daily...but I could be wrong. The one time I've seen them out was near Pirates of the Caribbean during a MNSSHP.

Peter Pan, I've seen out in Fantasy Land between a gift shop near the castle and Phillarmagic.

Ariel, as of right now...I'm not sure about either. I know I met her and Prince Eric in the Adventureland Patio thing awhile ago. She might still be there at random times, but like I said, I'm not sure.

Jesse is typically out at random times (along with Woody) accross the pathway from Pecos Bills, next to Splash Mountain.

Hope that helps!
chiamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2011, 07:11 AM   #3
21hearts
I <3 Walt Disney World

In August of 2007 we saw Capitan Hook & Simme out by POTC. I remember this because it was my husbands first trip & he loves Captian Hook and completely freaked out. Picture a 22 year old jumping up & down yelling "HOOK HOOK HOOK"... Yeah that was my husband. Our last few trips we didn't look for him because our son is super afraid of him.

I've never seen Peter Pan in the parks..
Ariel - I'm not sure.
Jesse - We saw her next to Splash Moutain/Pecos Bills with Woody while at MK.

Last edited by 21hearts; 04-05-2011 at 07:19 AM.
21hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:34 AM   #4
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Hook and Smee were regulars in Adventureland for some time, but left the rotation in 09 I believe.

Ariel is indeed a regular on the Adventureland veranda, just to the right as you cross the bridge into Adventureland. She is in her green gown. Ariel is with her sometimes. When we were there in December he was not.

Another possibility for Hook and Smee is "characterpalooza" at DHS. This is a random group of characters that comes out in the Animation Building most afternoons at 4:50 on days without an early (6:30 I believe) Fantasmic showing.

We saw Hook & Smee in this group last December. While they are by no means guaranteed to appear there, the odds are decent. The best part is that lines are typically fairly minimal.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:04 AM   #5
momtoejanda
DIS Veteran

You can also do the Pirates and Pal Fireworks event. You will see Capt Hook, Mr Smee and Peter Pan there.

Then Jesse we usually see in Frontierland. Ariel is on the Adventureland veranda as well as a bunch of character meals.

Look here:
http://wdwent.com/

it will show you were all the regular characters are.
momtoejanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:48 AM   #6
t_catt11
Pin Trading Addict

Check the link in my sig for the character finder - it will help you find where others have spotted all of the WDW characters, not just those that are regularly scheduled.

Hook and Smee - your best bet is the Animation Building in the late afternoons on days without an early Fantasmic show (this is also known as Characterpalooza). 4:50 PM, 5:20 PM, 5:50 PM. You might also try the American Adventure pavillion in Epcot (this is a random character spot).

Peter Pan meets daily in Fantasyland, near Mickey's Philharmagic.

Ariel meets daily at the Adventureland Veranda. Prince Eric meets here, as well, but is not a daily occurance.

Jessie meets daily, along with Woody, near Splash Mountain in Frontierland.

Do note that it is now April - Disney changes the character rotations twice a year, and April is one of those times. Everything I have know suggests that none of the above information will change, but there's no way to be 100% sure about that.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: