Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2011, 09:12 AM   #1
Taytortots
Mouseketeer

Wondering about Universal for people with Disabilities?

Hi all,
So, my family and I go to Disney every year, but this time we'll be heading off to Universal too. The thing is, I have a disability. I look normal and all, but I actually have a brain tumor, and it causes me to get weak from standing too long and I am can't handle heat very well. So in Disney I get a GAC that helps me with my needs, I was wondering if Universal has something like this? I checked in the disABILITIES section but couldn't really find anything. Thanks in advance :D
Taytortots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taytortots View Post
Hi all,
So, my family and I go to Disney every year, but this time we'll be heading off to Universal too. The thing is, I have a disability. I look normal and all, but I actually have a brain tumor, and it causes me to get weak from standing too long and I am can't handle heat very well. So in Disney I get a GAC that helps me with my needs, I was wondering if Universal has something like this? I checked in the disABILITIES section but couldn't really find anything. Thanks in advance :D
Universal has a GAC card too...just go to Guest Services and tell them what you need.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:05 PM   #3
Inkmahm
Disney nut

I was just there this past weekend and I found Universal is no where near Disney quality when it comes to disabilities. I need a scooter due to the arthritis in my knees. At Universal, they tell you that all rides are "wheelchair accessable." And they mean that literally. I had to get off the scooter and walk in to just about every ride. That meant long walks for many of them. Universal assumes that you can transfer to a wheelchair and have someone with you who is able to push you up those ramps, etc. If I had someone capable of pushing me in a wheelchair, I wouldn't have had to rent the scooter in the first place.

I probably won't be back to Universal, partly because of the difficulty I faced there and the pain that it cause my knees.

Inkmahm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disabilities, disney, gac, universal

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: