Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES! > disABILITIES Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2011, 10:17 PM   #16
funkychunkymonkey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishsharon View Post
My ds was finally sleeping in his own room through the night at age 7but here we are a year and a half later and he wants me to stay with him, can l borrow your cat?!!! I'm a better parent when l have a full nights sleep.
time to get a pet LOL! If you want a cat try for the runt of the litter there usally needier (attention wise) and will bond with whoever snuggles them.
RIP:
guiedo (guiena pig) bluebeard
funkychunkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:38 PM   #17
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!

When my oldest was about 4 she was very afraid of mosters!

After a few weeks we made up a moster away potion. We tolder that amny people dont believe in monsters but just in case we had a trick up our sleave. We got a spray bottle, some food coloring, fine sparkles, and strong scent..we used peppermint. I got out a "cookbook" with the monster spray recipe and she helped me make it. Everynight we would go to her room and spray any nook and cranny she thought a monster could get through. I told her that after awhile the monsters would not even try to come back because they would know it was an unfriendly house by the smell!

It worked like a charm...in a few weeks no more monsters. Her imagination that started this problem was the solution.

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2011, 10:23 PM   #18
SmallWorld71
DIS Veteran

My DD always hated sleeping alone from the time she was born. She didn't actually sleep a full night in her own bed until about 3 1/2. It wasn't a mommy thing; her brothers' room would do just as well. She would just freak out when she was alone. On the weekends, her older brother would be nice and let her sleep with him to give us a break.
Anyway, we finally thought we'd solved all our night problems and then when she was around 5, she started being afraid of the monsters. The spray didn't work. So, we had the dog sleep in her room. (The dog thought this was a great idea!) We told her that the monsters would never get her because it was a big dog and he could bark really loud. It worked like a charm.
I can assure you it has had no long-lasting effects other than the fact that she and the dog are very good friends.

SmallWorld71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:32 PM   #19
homedad
DIS Veteran

we had the"good sleeping fairy" leave presents and the same quarter for months to get ds4 to sleep in own room and bed.In his defense I was in hospital for 6 months and he didn't want me out of his sight when I finally got home.
homedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:54 PM   #20
mickey&minniealways
DIS Veteran

We did the spray thing also. When my boys were little, they are in their early 20's now, my brother and his then girlfriend were watching them for a weekend. We went to a wedding of DH cousin. Anyway they could not find the monster spray. So instead they told them that if you laugh it hurts their ears and then they melt into a puddle of dust. When they heard the boys giggle that night they went into the room with a jelly jar to scoop up the monsters. In the morning they showed them the monster jar. ( they put koolaid powder in it.) Fast forward about 4 years ago. Now my sons are telling my sisters kids about the monster spray and the jars. (my siblings are younger then me. But it does all come around.
mickey&minniealways is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: