Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2011, 02:59 PM   #16
Detailor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkim76 View Post
We will be there this Sunday and so excited!

Can anyone help me out, wondering what is included at Grande Vista? Dish soap, toilet paper, paper towels, laundry detergent, cleaning stuff(like windex,etc). If they do supply this and you need extra, can you just ask for more for free or have to pay for additional? Also, is there usually an abundance of towels and wash cloths? Should we bring extra for a family of 5? Do they offer plenty of towels for the pool?

Thanks so much, any info on what I should bring would be great!
They supply...

Liquid dishwashing soap
Dishwasher detergent
Dish towel(s)
Laundry detergent
Paper towels
Toilet paper
Facial tissues
Bathroom soaps
Trash can liners
A few coffee machine papers
I think that they supply the small hotel size shampoos/conditioners/lotions in the bathrooms, too.

I don't recall that they supply cleaners, such as Windex.

If you're in a two bedroom villa they'll have bathroom towels/wash cloths and pools towels for eight. And, of course, there's a washer and dryer if you need clean towels.

Dick Taylor
1961 New Years - The Disneyland Hotel, 1977 February - someplace on I-Drive that doesn't exist anymore, 1997 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 1998 February - Cypress Pointe, 1999 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2000 February - Vacation Villas at Fantasy World, 2001 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2002 March - Hilton Grand VacationClub at Sea World, 2003 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 2004 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2005 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2005 June - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2006 February - Pool House in Davenport, 2006 June - Tampa Doubletree, 2007 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2007 July - Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort, 2008 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2008 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2008 June - Cypress Pointe, 2009 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2009 June - Marriott's Sabal Palms, 2010 February/March - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2010 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2011 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2012 December - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2013 March - Westin Lake Mary Orlando North
Detailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:11 PM   #17
lilkim76
Earning My Ears

Thanks, Dick. You are the best source for it all! Appreciate it!
lilkim76 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2011, 03:25 PM   #18
Danibelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Can anyone help me out, wondering what is included at Grande Vista? Dish soap, toilet paper, paper towels, laundry detergent, cleaning stuff(like windex,etc). If they do supply this and you need extra, can you just ask for more for free or have to pay for additional? Also, is there usually an abundance of towels and wash cloths? Should we bring extra for a family of 5? Do they offer plenty of towels for the pool?

Dish soap, dishwasher detergent, toilet paper, paper towels, will be replenished but you will have to ask. You can get fresh towels for your room if you ask. Pool towels are at each pool. I don't remember what cleaning product is provided; I bought some lysol wipes for counters, etc. If you are there as a renter, there will be cleaning; if you are on the vacation club, you will have to pay extra for daily cleaning. I would get some cleaner and/or wipes and laundry detergent since you only get one little box.

Have a great time!

Danibelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:37 PM   #19
lilkim76
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danibelle View Post
Dish soap, dishwasher detergent, toilet paper, paper towels, will be replenished but you will have to ask. You can get fresh towels for your room if you ask. Pool towels are at each pool. I don't remember what cleaning product is provided; I bought some lysol wipes for counters, etc. If you are there as a renter, there will be cleaning; if you are on the vacation club, you will have to pay extra for daily cleaning. I would get some cleaner and/or wipes and laundry detergent since you only get one little box.

Have a great time!
Thanks for the info!
Old 04-07-2011, 12:13 PM   #20
Disneyx6
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I was pleased with the amount of stuff they already had there for you.(Dish soap, paper towels etc.) We only stayed 4 nights and had plenty of everything. The only item we needed more of was laundry soap(I didn't want to come back to NY w/dirty clothes) I asked housekeeping and they left me another box no questions asked. We had 4 adults and 4 kids in our 2bedroom villa and we were fine w/all ammenities. Hope this helps and have a great trip
Old 04-07-2011, 08:35 PM   #21
disguy11
Earning My Ears

Our villas always had a Bottle of spray cleaner under the sink. Came in handy for the glass dining table!
disguy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:16 PM   #22
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Is there any shuttle service to Disney or Universal?
Grumpy Grandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:41 AM   #23
lilkim76
Earning My Ears

I am here!!! They put us in bdg 100 and I asked to be switched and they were able to put us in bdg 84 and so happy they did! Thanks to Dick, for letting me know the best areas to request. The rooms are fabulous, so modern and clean. Kids are loving the pools and having so much fun. I don't even want to leave for 5 days to go to the resorts, I rather stay here.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:46 PM   #24
Detailor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am here!!! They put us in bdg 100 and I asked to be switched and they were able to put us in bdg 84 and so happy they did! Thanks to Dick, for letting me know the best areas to request. The rooms are fabulous, so modern and clean. Kids are loving the pools and having so much fun. I don't even want to leave for 5 days to go to the resorts, I rather stay here.
Have a great time! Building 84 has a great location that's adjacent to the Plaza del Sol pool area and the great Copa Loca bar and grille.

FWIW, with our youngest child now in her last few months as a teenager, our favorite place to stay at Grande Vista is Building 99 with the lanai view of the golf course. That area is great for us as many times we have been at the area pool that's located across the parking lot when there's been nobody else there - very relaxing to have your own quiet pool and hot tub. The only problem I've found with staying in buildings 95 to 100 is the parking -when the resort is full there's not enough parking spaces to handle all the guests' needs (same thing for the other more remote section of the resort - buildings 87 to 92).
1961 New Years - The Disneyland Hotel, 1977 February - someplace on I-Drive that doesn't exist anymore, 1997 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 1998 February - Cypress Pointe, 1999 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2000 February - Vacation Villas at Fantasy World, 2001 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2002 March - Hilton Grand VacationClub at Sea World, 2003 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 2004 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2005 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2005 June - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2006 February - Pool House in Davenport, 2006 June - Tampa Doubletree, 2007 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2007 July - Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort, 2008 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2008 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2008 June - Cypress Pointe, 2009 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2009 June - Marriott's Sabal Palms, 2010 February/March - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2010 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2011 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2012 December - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2013 March - Westin Lake Mary Orlando North
Detailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:53 PM   #25
Jazcat
Mouseketeer

can you take some pictures to post. Thanks
Old 04-16-2011, 08:04 AM   #26
Taratink
DIS Veteran

We just returned from a great stay at MGV. We were in a bldg near the golf course. I tried to get our room changed but they couldn't do it. In the end I loved our location because we had a really quiet end unit. We stayed at the resort for much of our stay and we would stay there again in a heartbeat. We also went to the outta control magic show at wonderworks and we thought it was cute.
Taratink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:12 AM   #27
gcarney
Mouseketeer

I have visited the GV for the past 3 years, this year will be my 4th and we will be there for 2 weeks for the honeymoon.

They supply all bed linens, towels etc as well as dishwasher tabs (finish ones I believe), Palmolive dish liquid, sponge, paper towel tissues, soap, lotion and shampoo in the bathroom, and a very small amount of laundry detergent for the washer/dryer. There is a coffee machine with about a days worth, maybe 2 of coffee and filters. Place settings for 8 along with the basic cooking utensils. There is also a hair dryer, iron and ironing board. All rooms efficiency or not have a balcony with chairs for the smaller ones and a larger table and chair for the bigger ones.

In the efficiency rooms there is a toaster, microwave, coffee maker and college size fridge.

As I will be there for 2 weeks I am going to partake in the cleaning services this time

I can't WAIT to spend my honeymoon there. I will be there in 39 days!
gcarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #28
Harryo
Mouseketeer

Don't let another thread on this board hear this, but I would take Grande Vista over Bonnet Creek anyday!!!!!

[/url]
Harryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:39 AM   #29
jlevis
Mouseketeer

We are owners at Grande Vista and have always enjoyed our stays there. We'll be back in August for two weeks. The location, for us, is ideal just 15 minutes from Disney, and minutes from Universal and Sea World. There is a Publix at I-drive and Vineland a few minutes away and another on Central Florida Parkway, again a few minutes away. Lots of restaurants close by. The resort has several pools, and activities for all ages, tennis and golf, bike rentals, fishing and paddle boats. And, no, I'm not a paid spokesman. LOL
jlevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:45 AM   #30
kathy884
DIS Veteran

I belong to TUG (a timeshare users group) where members write reviews and give ratings to various timeshare properties. The ratings of TUG members for the resorts mentioned in these posts coinside very much with the comments of individual posters above (just found that interesting and thought I'd mention that and share ratings):

These are the ratings out of 10 given by members for the properties noted above. Note that all the resorts mentioned are rated highly. Most people I think would enjoy and be quite happy with most resorts rated an 8 or higher. I personally would have no problem in staying at any of these.

Marriott Cypress Harbor 9.15 (absolutely excellent rating)
Marriott Grand Vista 9.01 (also really high)
Sheraton Vistana Resort 8.69 (not as high as the Marriotts above but very good. Also since the remodeling ratings have gone up considerably)
Marriott Harbor Lakes 8.51 (another good rating)
Bonnet Creek 8.39 (A good rating) // This resort seems to be a favorite on this board. TUG members don't seem to be quite as impressed as DISBOARD members, but then TUG members typcially have stayed at more timeshare resorts, and I think are a little more discriminating. I think for many of the DISBOARD posters this is there first experience in a timeshare condo, and they are comparing it to the value or moderate hotel room they have gotten at Disney before for the same price and are blown away by the value. Like I said before, though, anything above an eight is a pretty good rating.

Personal experience: I'm usually looking for a rental deal from a timeshare owner on a highly rated place (Redweek.com and TUG2.net) and have stayed at the Vistana Resort four different times // Have just found lot of great prices on rentals here for high season weeks I've wanted -- can usually get a two bedroom at the Vistana Resort for about half the price that I could rent any Marriotts mentioned. We've been really happy with this resort.

It's been a while since I've stayed at one of the Marriott timeshares in Orando, but I do have to say (general experience -- having stayed at other Marriott timeshares other places more recently), in general Marriott timeshare properties are some of the best and are top tier.

Note too: There are tons of other great timeshare properties in Orlando besides these. For quality / price on renting timeshares the Orlando area rocks!

Last edited by kathy884; 02-10-2012 at 06:30 AM.
kathy884 is offline   Reply With Quote