Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2012, 09:56 PM   #181
Daisy14'sDH
DIS Veteran

I've given up on Photobucket and need a new photo site...

Click here to see more from TkO Digital Imaging on Facebook

"Lightbulbs die my dear, I will depart!" As said by Mr. Magorium
Daisy14'sDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:05 PM   #182
HPS3
Disney Fanatic

I've been happy with Flickr. Uploading and Posting are really easy.
HPS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2012, 06:08 AM   #183
MinnieForMe
DIS Veteran

Does it make a difference if you keep continuous shoot on or off with a Pentax K-X? I had it turned off but don't know if there was a good reason for it.

2000 - Dixie Landings
2002, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 at the Sheraton Vistana and Cypress Palms.

Took a break from Disney for Grand Cayman 2013.

2014- Florida and Aruba

I need to remind myself often to: "Enjoy life. To remember that life is not Disney World and you certainly don't want a fastpass. Make the most of everyday and enjoy the ride!"
MinnieForMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:24 AM   #184
Daisy14'sDH
DIS Veteran

Continous is useful when you want to try to capture something moving quicker and you want to try to capture that exact moment if you know what I mean, you just hold the shutter button until its over. Othre than that I dont use it...

Old 03-27-2012, 07:42 AM   #185
MinnieForMe
DIS Veteran

So, do you keep it enabled? Hi or Lo

Also, an autofocus quesion - do you generally keep it on AF-A or do you switch often between AF-C or AF-S? I can never seem to remember where in the menus to find things. I have to keep carrying the manual!

2000 - Dixie Landings
2002, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 at the Sheraton Vistana and Cypress Palms.

Took a break from Disney for Grand Cayman 2013.

2014- Florida and Aruba

I need to remind myself often to: "Enjoy life. To remember that life is not Disney World and you certainly don't want a fastpass. Make the most of everyday and enjoy the ride!"
MinnieForMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:25 PM   #186
Gianna'sPapa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieForMe View Post
So, do you keep it enabled? Hi or Lo

Also, an autofocus quesion - do you generally keep it on AF-A or do you switch often between AF-C or AF-S? I can never seem to remember where in the menus to find things. I have to keep carrying the manual!
For normal everyday shooting, I keep my K10's and K5 on single frame shooting, AFS(auto focus single). When I'm shooting moving objects or panning (such as when I shoot at the oval race track) I may switch to continuous mode with AFC (auto focus continuous). At the drag strip, when I'm trying to get a stop action shot I may go to continuous mode with AFS. These are just available options that can be customized for individual situations. My K10's only have single or continuous mode, but the K5 has an additional continuous mode of hi/low. I have yet to use the low continuous mode.
Gianna'sPapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:44 PM   #187
Daisy14'sDH
DIS Veteran

Here she is, my new K5! and sadly probabaly the last photo I will take with my beloved Kx...

Old 03-30-2012, 02:54 AM   #188
Gianna'sPapa
DIS Veteran

Congratulations!! Even though the K5 was a major upgrade for me, the K10D holds a major soft spot in my heart. I always keep one 'on the ready' to shoot! I think you will really like the K5 starting with the dual wheels, which allows for quicker on-the-fly changes. Coming from the Kx/Kr you should find that once you get used to the controls you will wonder how you ever did without! Because I struggle with keeping the horizon level, the onboard level has been a godsend. You already had better usable high ISO with your Kx/Kr than the K10D and I think you will find the K5 that much better. IMHO, the K5 with the stainless steel frame, titanium body, weather sealing, the 16.2 Sony sensor, an improved AF system is still the best APS-C camera on the market. With Ricoh now supporting and using the Pentax name for all its cameras, everything is starting to look very rosy for the system! They have a new lens roadmap (not to mention that all older lenses still are usable on the new bodies plus with onboard IS (SR) each one is stabilized) that looks to be impressive. Have fun with the new camera!
Old 03-31-2012, 01:48 PM   #189
Daisy14'sDH
DIS Veteran

No I wasnt driving! LOL!

Old 03-31-2012, 07:01 PM   #190
Gianna'sPapa
DIS Veteran

Today was the Chicagoland Speedway Easter Egg Dash to benefit Easter Seals. Below is the staff that staged a wonderful event for the fans and raised some money for Easter Seals. A good time was had by all!

Chicagoland Speedway Easter Staff ver 2 by Gianna'sPapa, on Flickr
Old 04-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #191
wkrider
DVC home: Wilderness Lodge Villas

AF Adjustment...

Quick question for all you Pentaxians out there.

I have a K-7, when I use my Pentax 50-200 I get good AF throughout the spectrum. When I use my Tamron 18-200, the focus out at 200 is not as clear. I know that the K-7 has an AF adjustment. I am going to do this for just the Tamron lens. My question is....Has anyone ever done an AF adjustment? It does not look that difficult and if it goes bad I can re-set it but I am still curious if anyone has done it before.

Thanks.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:25 PM   #192
Gianna'sPapa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkrider View Post
Quick question for all you Pentaxians out there.

I have a K-7, when I use my Pentax 50-200 I get good AF throughout the spectrum. When I use my Tamron 18-200, the focus out at 200 is not as clear. I know that the K-7 has an AF adjustment. I am going to do this for just the Tamron lens. My question is....Has anyone ever done an AF adjustment? It does not look that difficult and if it goes bad I can re-set it but I am still curious if anyone has done it before.

Thanks.
It really is not difficult. It may take just a little time. There are charts and everything you can use. I prefer real use/life focusing. The first thing is to determine if it is front focusing or rear. The focus point is what you are adjusting. If your lens is just not sharp at a particular focal length then the AF Fine Adjustment is something you may not want to do. I try to find something outside (aka good light) that will allow me to determine where my camera is focusing when the aperture is wide open. Once you determine the focus point it can be adjusted by going to the (C)ustom menu. On the K5 it is number 26. You can turn it on and then it gives you a choice of Apply All or Apply One. Since this is only happening on one lens, choose Apply One. You then can adjust the focus point more to the front or rear by adjusting along the grid line. Since I use my real life focusing, I will do this several times to ensure I get the focus point where I want it. If everything gets messed up, just select 'Reset' and your back to the default. You can't hurt it. Check your manual, its all there under AF Fine Adjustment. After each adjustment, I go to the computer to view the image to ensure the change or make a further adjustment. Once your done, the camera will use your adjustment whenever that particular lens is mounted.

Its not real hard.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #193
wkrider
DVC home: Wilderness Lodge Villas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianna'sPapa View Post
It really is not difficult. It may take just a little time. There are charts and everything you can use. I prefer real use/life focusing. The first thing is to determine if it is front focusing or rear. The focus point is what you are adjusting. If your lens is just not sharp at a particular focal length then the AF Fine Adjustment is something you may not want to do. I try to find something outside (aka good light) that will allow me to determine where my camera is focusing when the aperture is wide open. Once you determine the focus point it can be adjusted by going to the (C)ustom menu. On the K5 it is number 26. You can turn it on and then it gives you a choice of Apply All or Apply One. Since this is only happening on one lens, choose Apply One. You then can adjust the focus point more to the front or rear by adjusting along the grid line. Since I use my real life focusing, I will do this several times to ensure I get the focus point where I want it. If everything gets messed up, just select 'Reset' and your back to the default. You can't hurt it. Check your manual, its all there under AF Fine Adjustment. After each adjustment, I go to the computer to view the image to ensure the change or make a further adjustment. Once your done, the camera will use your adjustment whenever that particular lens is mounted.

Its not real hard.
Thanks Papa, I was going to do it inside by taping a newspaper to the wall but I like your idea of going outside better. Will try it this weekend.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #194
Gianna'sPapa
DIS Veteran

Today, I visited the Congressional Cemetery in DC for a Civil War Tour. I was hoping to find some cherry blossoms still on the trees and was pleasantly surprised to find this. I don't have access to my photoshop programs nor a calibrated monitor and since this is an unprocessed JPEG, I'm hoping it looks okay. It was beautiful in-person.

IMGP5779 by Gianna'sPapa, on Flickr
Old 04-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #195
Daisy14'sDH
DIS Veteran

Nice shot! I will be passing through Savannah in 10 days and was hoping to still find some trees in bloom myself...
Heres a photo I took last month, I'm posting it because today is a POTC kinda day here...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: