Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2011, 06:17 PM   #1
Aurora&Prince
They named her after the dawn...

Question Help Me Embaress Him!!!

Okayyy,

Prince and I are going to WDW for our firs time ever (yay!)!!

We are so excited and have everything all set up, we even have the AP's as we visit DL avidly as well as our APRs and hotel booked.

BUT...

I need help!!!!

I'm am a well known jokester in the family and would like to continue this mischievious run on our vaca!!!

THE MISSION: Embaress Prince at WDW

THE PROBLEM: I have never been there and know nothing about the place and therefore cannot come up with anything creative.

This really needs to be epic considering what is at steak here so I am open to all ideas!

I have plenty of romantic things set up to make up for it, I just need something big and embaressing now so

PLEASE PLEASE help!

Thank you!!!

Last edited by Aurora&Prince; 04-26-2011 at 03:09 PM.
Aurora&Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:09 PM   #2
Aurora&Prince

Thumbs down Ketchup? Fancy?

Ok peeps. Sooooo

All I got is to go to the 50s Prime Time Cafe or Whispering Canyon Cafe (and tell him to order the ketchup???)

I REALLY need help. Ideas anyone??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2011, 03:26 PM   #3
DaniB
DIS Veteran

Take him to "Club Cool" in Epcot and hand him a "beverly" drink.

It's a Coke station that has a bunch of free samples of their pop from around the world. The beverly makes most people's faces screw up something awful after they try it.

Not embarassing but a good trick nevertheless. I did this to my husband.

Sept 14-23, 2010 - 9 nights CSR 1st family vacation (w/ free DDP)
DaniB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:38 PM   #4
Reign
Earning My Ears

The Beverly is an awesome trick if pulled off well enough. Here is an example, got my buddy Ryan on our last trip.

*Disneyland 1993*
*Disneyland 2007*
*WDW POP 2009*
*Disneyland 2009*
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:52 PM   #5
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

I agree with 50's Prime Time, especially if you can convince him they won't do anything if he puts his elbows on the table and all that jazz.

Maybe the breakfast that has the Stepsisters as characters? I hear they're pretty good for a laugh, maybe you can tell them your husband is actually a prince and a bachelor because they need a husband.

If I think of anything else I'll let you know.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:02 PM   #6
Aurora&Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign View Post
The Beverly is an awesome trick if pulled off well enough. Here is an example, got my buddy Ryan on our last trip.
That's too funny! Great idea, I'll def have to try that

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockShockBarrel View Post
I agree with 50's Prime Time, especially if you can convince him they won't do anything if he puts his elbows on the table and all that jazz.

Maybe the breakfast that has the Stepsisters as characters? I hear they're pretty good for a laugh, maybe you can tell them your husband is actually a prince and a bachelor because they need a husband.

If I think of anything else I'll let you know.
We do have a dinner reservation with the campy Stepsisters and Stepmother come and make fun of everyone. I've heard lots of good things so I am excited!

Thanks for the ideas these are great so far!!

Last edited by Aurora&Prince; 04-26-2011 at 03:09 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:25 PM   #7
mom2cookies
DIS Veteran

alk to the CMs and when you make your dinner ressies tell them you want to get as much attention directed to your hubby as possible! Order a cake or cinderella slipper dessert! talk to the CM at the shows. Indiana Jones Stunt show.. ask them to pick him as the guy that has to do the girly walk. No guarantee but....doesn't hurt to ask.
Is there a chance that your could swap out his shirts after he's packed to loud Hawaiian print shirts?

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world
- Unknown

VMK friends are forever in my heart. Vive' la VMK
mom2cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:07 PM   #8
Aurora&Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2cookies View Post
alk to the CMs and when you make your dinner ressies tell them you want to get as much attention directed to your hubby as possible! Order a cake or cinderella slipper dessert! talk to the CM at the shows. Indiana Jones Stunt show.. ask them to pick him as the guy that has to do the girly walk. No guarantee but....doesn't hurt to ask.
Is there a chance that your could swap out his shirts after he's packed to loud Hawaiian print shirts?
I LOVE the hawaiian shirts idea! OMG! this would be a total crack up!!!

Thank you...I'll be sure to post pictures!!!

And what CMs should I talk to?? Just any one walking around or is there a certain place I can go?

The Stunt Show sounds like a good idea! You're right it doesnt hurt to ask and I'm sure if I explain the sitch then I'll be a shoe-in

Yay! You guys are awesome!!

Last edited by Aurora&Prince; 04-26-2011 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:12 AM   #9
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

Ooh speaking of shows and talking to CMs, maybe try that at Monsters Inc Laugh Floor (lots of funny options here) and Festival of the Lion King (they pull members of the crowd out to do animal noises, elephant, lion, warthog and giraffe). Its a long shot but worth a try.

Rumor has it a lot of people will get pulled for the shows if they're trying NOT to catch the eye of the person picking, so if you're hubby does that naturally he may get pulled anyway, again, a long shot but it happens.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:56 AM   #10
Singledad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora&Prince View Post
Ok peeps. Sooooo

All I got is to go to the 50s Prime Time Cafe or Whispering Canyon Cafe (and tell him to order the ketchup???)

I REALLY need help. Ideas anyone??

you *REALLY* need to have him ask for ketchup at whispering canyon cafe.
Trust me, the people at whispering canyon cafe would totally help you... or at least, it seemed to me they like that stuff.

Can't think of something else offhand, just really know that asking for ketchup there is a bigger deal that I think you can get without experiencing it.

PTR June 2011 TR June 2011 Dis Dad's club member #594
Singledad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:45 AM   #11
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

hoop dee doo review

I would suggest this. You do need to make dinner ressies. Let them know it is your anniversary (perhaps pick up anniversary pins at city hall (MK) or one of the other locations before you dinner ressies. Maybe even mention your husband would get embarrassed but would be a good sport.

We've been picked a couple of times. They really teased a friend of mine. He refused to get in the picture they took ahead of time, I think that made him a target during the show. It was Awesome!

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Deesknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:32 AM   #12
xipetotec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora&Prince View Post
Okayyy,

My hubby and I are going to WDW for our firs time ever (yay!)!! It'll be our 1st anniversary and also our Honeymoon because we never went on one when we got married and this is our first vaca together, we're going in late Aug/Sept.

We are so excited and have everything all set up, we even have the Premire AP's as we visit DL avidly as well as our APRs and hotel booked.

BUT...

I need help!!!!

I'm am a well known jokester in the family and would like to continue this mischievious run on our vaca!!!

THE MISSION: Embaress my husband at WDW

THE PROBLEM: I have never been there and know nothing about the place and therefore cannot come up with anything creative.

This really needs to be epic considering what is at steak here so I am open to all ideas!

I have plenty of romantic things set up to make up for it, I just need something big and embaressing now so

PLEASE PLEASE help!

Thank you!!!

I definitely say 50's Prime Time!! Granted you might get dragged into it too, but the servers can really make for a funly embarassing moment.

For example, I tried to take advantage of the "parental role" the servers take, and told on my brother when we were last there. ( I was 36, he was 26 ... we're not kids :P ) ... well wouldn't you know it that she took me by the arm and made me stand with my forehead to the wall for "tattling" ...

xipetotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:27 PM   #13
Aurora&Prince

Thanks for all the great ideas guys youre so awesome! Since I accidently double posted I'm going to replace this post with a prank I pulled on Prince awhile back at DL.

When Space Moutain got rebuilt in DL in 2005, I told Prince it was much too high speed and dangerous and they wanted to attract more kids so the made it into a slow kiddy ride like those in Fantasyland. And he actually believed me! Silly rabit...

While standing in line, SM plays these videos saying what a high speed ride it is, I merely told him those were the old videos and they just want to fake everyone out. And, like the trusting loving Prince he is (and BIG sucker), he believed me.

Right when we got strapped in and started to go into the tunnel before the ride I said in a quick flash of words
"Oh, btw, I lied, this is a fast paced high speed roller coaster all in the dark."

He immediately stiffened up and freaked out.

Needless to say even though he was EXTREMELY mad at me then, it is now his favorite ride and its a story he loves to tell everyone

Last edited by Aurora&Prince; 04-26-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:31 PM   #14
Aurora&Prince

Thumbs up Okayyy so far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockShockBarrel View Post
Ooh speaking of shows and talking to CMs, maybe try that at Monsters Inc Laugh Floor (lots of funny options here) and Festival of the Lion King (they pull members of the crowd out to do animal noises, elephant, lion, warthog and giraffe). Its a long shot but worth a try.

Rumor has it a lot of people will get pulled for the shows if they're trying NOT to catch the eye of the person picking, so if you're hubby does that naturally he may get pulled anyway, again, a long shot but it happens.
Ohh! Thanks...I'll make sure he's But great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesknee View Post
We've been picked a couple of times. They really teased a friend of mine. He refused to get in the picture they took ahead of time, I think that made him a target during the show. It was Awesome!
LOL perfect. He's completely like that. Oh yay I'm liking this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipetotec View Post
For example, I tried to take advantage of the "parental role" the servers take, and told on my brother when we were last there. ( I was 36, he was 26 ... we're not kids :P ) ... well wouldn't you know it that she took me by the arm and made me stand with my forehead to the wall for "tattling" ...
hahahaha oh man!!! Wish I could have seen that, sounds entertaining!

Alright! SO I got 50's Diner added to my list ...with ketchup
I'm going to talk to CM's at Laugh Floor, Stunt Show, and Lion King
The Beverly--->

I'm looking into hoop dee doo

And I will secretly replace all of his packed tees with hawaiian print shirts

...but for my sanity will be packing them in my suitcase just in case. I'm not sure if I'll be seen with that for a WHOLE vaca lol

I'm so excited you guys are the best!!!!

Last edited by Aurora&Prince; 03-28-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:08 PM   #15
gabriellyn
Woohoo!

I second Hoop Dee Doo if you can get in - they totally embarrassed my DH when were there.

One of the girls asked for a kiss from him while sitting on his lap. He looked at me, looked at the girl, looked back at me and finally she said "Relax - it's Disney" and he kissed her on the cheek - the WHOLE place was laughing!

Great memories!

I recommend getting the floor seats as they seem to interact with those guests more...

Tags
activities, embarrassing, husband, planning trip

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: