Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > California & the West
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2011, 05:24 PM   #16
Salome
Mouseketeer

All right, I will do my best!

Can you tell me how we put pictures? They will tell better than me. In french we say: Une image vaut mille mots. (A picture worth a thousand words?)
Salome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:55 PM   #17
disneyfaninaz
It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

We say the same thing here (just not in French)!

You need to get an account on a site like photobucket. It is free. You upload your photos to this site and then you can copy the IMG code and paste it into your DIS post. It is very easy to do.
disneyfaninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2011, 07:39 PM   #18
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfaninaz View Post
Salome, there is absolutely no limit on how long your trip report can be and we would all love to read it, no matter how you write!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandBob View Post
I totally agree!

-Bob
Me three! I'll be hanging out to read this TR if you write it as you go. I love all the NP that you'll be going to.

And I hate to be the voice of dissent here....BUT.....there is a limit on how long your trip report can be......page 250, in which case a moderator *might* come along and lock the thread because it is too long for the boards infrastructure to deal with....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salome View Post
All right, I will do my best!

Can you tell me how we put pictures? They will tell better than me. In french we say: Une image vaut mille mots. (A picture worth a thousand words?)
Wayfastwill posted a video tutorial of how to post pictures. Link here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1947588

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:54 AM   #19
Salome
Mouseketeer

Thank you, and I will try to keep it simple...if I skip the parts when me and my husband will want to pull off each other head it will take much less space!!

Can I ask 2 more advices? I want to spend a night on a beach between San Diego and LA, thinking of Huntington beach. Is it a good choice?

And beetween LA and SF, 2 nights. Thinking one around Santa Barbara and the other at Pfeiffer State Park or Half Moon Bay (stop anyway at Pfeiffer).
Any advices?

Thank you again, I will start the TR in a few days!

Annie
Old 03-31-2011, 01:44 PM   #20
GrandBob
Grand events should not go unnoticed
That's the Disney master plan!
For a carnivore, it was very good indeed

Quote:
And between LA and SF, 2 nights. Thinking one around Santa Barbara and the other at Pfeiffer State Park or Half Moon Bay (stop anyway at Pfeiffer).
Any advices?
Santa Barbara is a delightful place to stay. As an alternative, if you want to see Hearst Castle, you could consider San Simeon or Cambria. Otherwise, yes, Santa Barbara is a good choice.

For further up the coast, may I suggest my area, Monterey? Lots to see and do here. Your kids would love the Monterey Bay Aquarium! You could easily spend a half day, or even a full day there. (Disclaimer - I work for the sister organization, MBARI, so I may be biased.) There's also Cannery Row, the 17 Mile Drive, tidepooling around Asilomar Beach, etc. And for a break, your kids are the right age to enjoy Dennis the Menace Park -- it's my DGD's favorite place.

As far as Pfeiffer State Park, it's a lovely place. If you have camping equipment, you can camp there. Otherwise, look for lodging in the Big Sur area here. Warning -- Highway 1 is closed around Big Sur right now because a big chunk of the highway fell into the sea. They were predicting a re-opening of April 16, but now they're implying that it may be closer to May 1. Check for road closures before you head that way.

Oh, and if you're in the area, besides Pfeiffer State Park, be sure to check out Pfeiffer Beach. It's one of the prettiest beaches anywhere, though a little off the beaten track (you have to go down a one-lane road for a couple of miles).

Have a great time!
Bob
GrandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:38 PM   #21
Salome
Mouseketeer

Thank you Bob, it's a good idea! I want to take the time on the road to see all the little towns so I will add a night, probably around Monterey!

I'm still not sure about Hearst Castle. Do you like it?

We will leave LA may 7 (after Disneyland!
Old 04-02-2011, 06:33 PM   #22
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

I love Half Moon Bay. My DH goes to Silicon Valley quite often and whenever DS and I can, we travel with him. HMB is always a must-go to town for us.

I've got pictures of around Silicon Valley/San Fran in the thread here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2451585

And I've just completed this TR which goes from DLR to SF. There is also pictures of McWay Falls, which is at Julia Pfeiffer State Beach, and HMB in the TR. (I stayed at Solvang and Monterey on the way up).
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2614243

I've been to Hearst Castle many many years ago and did the tour of the house/grounds. I thought it was interesting and the bits of the house we saw were amazing. I don't know if this is something that kids might enjoy...but I thought it was worth the tour.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:06 PM   #23
RangerPooh
It's the little things that make our day
It was a nice surprise to find to find when I returned home from work

Don't forget about Point Lobos. It's one of my personal favorite state parks. I also am fond of MBA as it is far superior to other aquariums. Pfeiffer State Park is nice, and they do have a waterfall that you can hike to, although it will be nothing compared to Yosemite.

I agree with Tioga Pass (365) being closed at the time of your trip. The sierra's have been hit with so much snow lately that I don't foresee it being open until June this year. I also question whether the groves will be open, but that will depend on how much snow/warm days there are between now and then.

Disneyland Wedding 6.02.2003
RangerPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:10 PM   #24
Salome
Mouseketeer

Thank you, I will look for point Lobos. We could not get reservation in the valley at Yosemite, only at Wawona....I guess it will be a different road....

We tried to book at Pfeiffer big sur state park but the lady told us we can't make it because of the road...we are coming from the south...I guess another detour...

We are leaving tomorrow morning

I'm so nervous, I lost 5 pounds in the last week! I guess there is nothing like stress to slim dow

Well, at least I am going to see Mickey!!! We booked 4 days at the Grand Californian, so we will have some vacation in all this!!!

thanks again everyone!
Old 04-03-2011, 07:47 PM   #25
disneyfaninaz
It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

Wawona is very nice. It is closer to the South Entrance and Mariposa Grove and Glacier Point. You can still get to it from the West Entrance, you just don't go down to the valley, you turn toward's Wawona.
disneyfaninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:35 PM   #26
GrandBob
Grand events should not go unnoticed
That's the Disney master plan!
For a carnivore, it was very good indeed

Quote:
Thank you, I will look for point Lobos. We could not get reservation in the valley at Yosemite, only at Wawona....I guess it will be a different road....

We tried to book at Pfeiffer big sur state park but the lady told us we can't make it because of the road...we are coming from the south...I guess another detour...
I agree with disneyfaninaz -- Wawona is very nice. It's about 45 minutes from there to Yosemite Valley. But it's very convenient to see the Giant Sequoias at Mariposa Grove -- they're right there.

Yes, Point Lobos is another of our natural wonders around here. I didn't even think to recommend it, but it's a favorite spot.

I assume they wouldn't take reservations at Pfeiffer Big Sur because of the current road closure. But depending on when you'll be here, you may still be able to take Highway 1. Right now, it looks like it will be closed for the month of April. Here's the latest: http://www.ksbw.com/news/27298699/detail.html

Will you be here later than that? In any case, keep an eye on road information. If it's still closed, you should take US101 north from San Luis Obispo.

Don't stress! You're gonna have a great time!

-Bob
GrandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #27
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

digressing from OP a bit....for my planning- if I had to choose between Kings canyon,Yosemite and Death Valley- which one would you NOT do? I am thinking Yosemite and Death Valley are my two top picks- but which of those to spend longer visiting? 2 days each? or 1 day here,3 days there?
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:34 PM   #28
CPT Tripss
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
digressing from OP a bit....for my planning- if I had to choose between Kings canyon,Yosemite and Death Valley- which one would you NOT do? I am thinking Yosemite and Death Valley are my two top picks- but which of those to spend longer visiting? 2 days each? or 1 day here,3 days there?
When we visited, we had two full days (3 nights) at both Yosemite and Death Valley. We also did Kings Canyon on that trip - it is well worth a visit, but if I had to only pick two, I'd skip Kings Canyon. Do try to stay in the parks . . . you can waste a lot of time just getting in from the out of park lodging.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:24 AM   #29
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

thanks....I might be able to squeeze one more night at DV into our trip,if we don't stop overnight in Vegas..... we were just stopping to break up the drive from the GC to more west.... Maybe we'll just push through and have an extra DV night....
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:55 AM   #30
Salome
Mouseketeer

We are in Lawrence, Kansas. So first half done! I will give you more later I promise, still in a hurry now...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: