Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2011, 04:47 PM   #1
spartankid34
Mouseketeer

Will I get the green light?

Hi everyone, this is my first post here, and I can't wait to explore the boards. : I am in the middle of planning a mom/daughter trip this August '11; celebrating my college graduation!! . I am an overweight gal, 5'8" 330 lbs. carry most of this in my ars and hips : what can I say...I am what I am!! I wear a size 28W bottoms and I'm hoping to get some replies about whether or not I will fit into the rides at WDW. ALL the rides, I am a major thrill ride girl and want to ride ALL the thrill rides...can anyone reassure me that I'll fit, or give me any tips? THANKS!!! Can't wait to post more!

Past Trips: College Graduation Trip August 2011!!! [POP Century] August 1997 [AllStar Sports]

1st PTR August 2011 - Hey you're a college graduate, let's celebrate!!

Me Mom
spartankid34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
Millermom0606
DIS Veteran

I'm smaller than you, but longer (LOL).... you may be a little tight in some but not too bad, its not NEAR as bad as say Six Flags......

I think Rockin' rollercoaster and Atsro orbiter and ummm perhaps one or two others might be tight but you should over all be fine

Congrats on the Graduation

Millermom0606 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2011, 04:58 PM   #3
Princess Sleepy
DIS Veteran

Search for "pooh sized" under trip planning and you will find a lot of helpful threads.

Feb 2009: Poly Jan 2010: Pop
June 2010: CBR October 2011: The Dream
November 2011: POR May 2012: AKV- Kidani
February 2013: POR May 2013: CBR December 2013: The Fantasy
Princess Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:06 PM   #4
mrp4352
DIS Veteran

I wear about the same size bottoms and I fit on everything. The one thing I have an issue with is getting out of Space Mountain because you're sitting with your legs pretty much straight out in front of you and nothing to help push up on when you're getting out. I've figured out that I can turn over and put my knees on the seat and get out that way. The Castmembers have NEVER rushed me or made me self-conscious about clamboring out of the ride car.

Have a lovely time!

Disney Dream Maiden Voyage trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post40042393
May 21, 2012 Yukon Ho! Wonder cruise report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2937171
mrp4352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:49 PM   #5
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Here's a link to a page on Allears.net that you might find helpful:

http://allears.net/tp/ridsiz.htm
Maggie'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:02 PM   #6
FigNewton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermom0606 View Post
I'm smaller than you, but longer (LOL).... you may be a little tight in some but not too bad, its not NEAR as bad as say Six Flags......

I think Rockin' rollercoaster and Atsro orbiter and ummm perhaps one or two others might be tight but you should over all be fine

Congrats on the Graduation
Definitely Astro Orbiter. It's hard for the "average" size people. Those vehicles are atrocious.
FigNewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:05 PM   #7
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

Wanted to say Welcome to the Dis! You have totally come to the right place to learn about all aspects of WDW. Ask us anything...it makes us feel smart to show off how much we know about WDW
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:07 PM   #8
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie'sMom View Post
Here's a link to a page on Allears.net that you might find helpful:

http://allears.net/tp/ridsiz.htm
Make sure to check all the links on that page, in the left margin.

And welcome to the dis, spartankid.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:27 PM   #9
spartankid34
Mouseketeer

Thanks to all!! Loving the boards so far, checked out allears and feel better now. But if anyone has first hand experience with my kind of situation it would be fantastic!:

Past Trips: College Graduation Trip August 2011!!! [POP Century] August 1997 [AllStar Sports]

Me Mom
Old 03-25-2011, 07:50 PM   #10
AlexandAndysMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartankid34 View Post
Thanks to all!! Loving the boards so far, checked out allears and feel better now. But if anyone has first hand experience with my kind of situation it would be fantastic!:
I have first hand on all of your situations! We leave in a week for a surprise trip for my boys and it's to celebrate my Master's Degree!

I'm also Pooh sized (5'7ish when I stand tall and 335lbs) and I am the trill junky in my house (for the most part...don't like the wet rides...), but I fit in everything I rode. Space Mtn was awkward getting out of, and I kind of resembled sometime like a susage and a casing, but I fit and I loved it...but I don't know if I'll ride it this time...

The first time we went, I looked at all the rides and fear struck, but I finally decided, it's not Six Flags, I don't know these people, the worse thing that can happen is they say no...and I never heard it. Never even got a 2nd look at Expedition Everest!

You will have a ball! If you have any specific questions, please feel free to PM me if you want!
10/2010 for MNSSHP with DH, DS (8), and DS (3)
4/2011 Surprise Birthday and Graduation Trip!!
2/2013 Baby's First Trip!
2/2014 Cause we can!--And it was FUN!
10/2014 Who doesn't love Trick-or-Treating with the Mouse?!?!
AlexandAndysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:55 PM   #11
kirrrby
We're all mad here....

Do not go on the Simulator roller coaster in Innoventions. Those seats are so tiny, i swear they were ridiculous.

"Yo ho, yo ho a Navy life for me"

I've eaten at 183 out of 241 restaurants at Walt Disney World (76%)

kirrrby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:10 PM   #12
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

I'll second the poster who said Astro Orbiter is a bad move. I am fairly small and for some reason my 8 year old and I had a problem squeezing in there. Not sure if it is just the size or the actual design of the ride vehicles on that one but I won't be doing it again
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:15 PM   #13
spartankid34
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexandAndysMom View Post
I have first hand on all of your situations! We leave in a week for a surprise trip for my boys and it's to celebrate my Master's Degree!

I'm also Pooh sized (5'7ish when I stand tall and 335lbs) and I am the trill junky in my house (for the most part...don't like the wet rides...), but I fit in everything I rode. Space Mtn was awkward getting out of, and I kind of resembled sometime like a susage and a casing, but I fit and I loved it...but I don't know if I'll ride it this time...

The first time we went, I looked at all the rides and fear struck, but I finally decided, it's not Six Flags, I don't know these people, the worse thing that can happen is they say no...and I never heard it. Never even got a 2nd look at Expedition Everest!

You will have a ball! If you have any specific questions, please feel free to PM me if you want!
CONGRATS on your masters and enjoy your boys' surprise

Thank you so much! This has really put my mind at ease. I haven't been to Disney since I was 8 years old, and for sure didn't have to worry about my weight back then but this year will be a different story. I have definitely taken the walk of shame at six flags and that's really what I'm dreading...I will try anything at Disney though...I mean it's DISNEY!!!!!!

Me Mom
Old 03-25-2011, 08:31 PM   #14
beautyqueen
Mouseketeer

Congrats to you and have a great time!

beautyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:53 PM   #15
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=mrp4352;40468163]I wear about the same size bottoms and I fit on everything. The one thing I have an issue with is getting out of Space Mountain because you're sitting with your legs pretty much straight out in front of you and nothing to help push up on when you're getting out. I've figured out that I can turn over and put my knees on the seat and get out that way. The Castmembers have NEVER rushed me or made me self-conscious about clamboring out of the ride car.

I am 5ft nothing and am a bit overweight and older I can't get out of the cars at SP! I need my DS to help me. I have never felt selfconscious except in my own mind!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
august, graduation, overweight, tips

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: