Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Fireworks, DVC, and a whole lot less of me!!!-our 6th trip to disney!-update 7/6 pg14

Hello and to my family's 6th trip to our most happiest place on Earth---Walt Disney World!!!

We have a love (some would say an addiction!) to Walt Disney World. It is the one true place where we can go, enjoy ourselves, leave everything behind, and be truly happy with no worries.

Let me introduce you to my family.

DH (Tom) - I call Tom the workaholic in the family. He works full time for the local sheriff's office and then spends most of his spare time working for our local life squad. He is our son's den leader for Cub Scouts and is also the Cubmaster for our Pack. His love for Disney has grown over the years! I can remember the first few trips when he threw fits that I wanted to go back but he kindly obliged and he is actually the brain child of this adventure and the many more to come. Tom is a lot like Goofy--never takes things seriously, rolls with the punches, and is always a ton of fun to be around. His favorite resort is Wilderness Lodge and favorite restaurant is O'hanas. His favorite ride is Expedition Everest. I think his favorite park is Epcot.

DS9 (Jeremy) - Jeremy is our one and only child and is the only grandchild on both sides of our family. To say he is spoiled rotten would be an understatement! He loves cub scouts, 4-H and plays piano. Sadly, he decided he did not want to play baseball anymore this year so I didn't force the issue. He does enough! He is an honor roll student and got accepted to our school's gifted program this year. He is a lot like his Dad and looks a lot like him as well. As you will see further down, he is very tall for his age and often gets mistaken for being much older, plus he is very outgoing and tends to be tooo social at school sometimes. He Disney---everything about it! His favorite resort is Wilderness Lodge although he loves the slide at Coronado Springs. His favorite ride is and will always be the train at Magic Kindgom. The boy loves trains! I can't wait until he is old enough to take the Magic Behind the Steam Trains tour. His close to second favorite ride would be Teamboat Springs at Blizzard Beach. His favorite restaurant is Garden Grill for dinner and Chef Mickey's for Breakfast. He is also the reigning Disney Scene It champion in our house! No matter what Tom and I do, the child always beats us at this game.

Me (Erika) - I am the accounting and finance manager for a utility company. I have been in this field my entire career and absolutely love it. Where Tom is the workaholic, I am the volunteeraholic. I volunteer on our local hospital board, PTO and help with the administrative side of our cub scout pack. I am the serious one in the family so Tom and I balance each other out very nicely. I am the one with the serious Disney addiction. I am the planner and typically obssess over every little detal. My favorite charater is Daisy Duck. I love the Wilderness Lodge and my favorite restaurant is LeCellier and O'hana's.

This is a family photo from the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage we took on last year's Disney trip. You will find that I don't do many pictures or at least I have not lately. I think I look pregnant in this picture!!!

This will be our 6th trip to Walt Disney World in 6 years! Yes, we have been once every year since our first magical trip. You can read about the other trips in my Pre-Trip from last year. However, last years trip never got turned into a full trip report so I will do a trip report in this years Pre-trip report to keep it interesting. A lot happened right before and after that trip that kept me off the DIS.

So, I hope you will join me on this fabulous planning adventure. I will need help along the way as I still have a few dining ressies to make and some adventures I would like to plan this time!

Up Next:
When are we going?
What big plunge did we take?
Why will there be less of me?

Last edited by jeremysdisneymom; 07-06-2011 at 10:17 AM.
jeremysdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:21 PM   #2
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Links

1. Summer 2011-Where will we be staying?
2. Summer 2010-Day 1
3. Summer 2010-Day 1 continued
4. Summer 2010-Day 2, July 3rd
5. Summer 2011-Why is there Less of Me? and ADR's
6. Thanksgiving Trip Resorts and Summer 2010-Day 3 July 4th
7. Summer 2010-Day 4, July 5th

Last edited by jeremysdisneymom; 05-19-2011 at 01:26 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2011, 12:29 PM   #3
photographymom517
DIS Veteran

Hi Erika! I just found your PTR through Michelle's PTR (SoonerGirl).

I'm going to subscribe now so I don't lose your report!

Can't wait to hear all about your plans!!!!

Ooooh and by the way, you just made my day!!! I've NEVER EVER been 1st to anyone's PTR before!!! So thank you!!! :-)
Old 03-25-2011, 12:33 PM   #4
loritemp
Celebrating my birthday in style...Disney Style!

Jumping in early, can't wait to hear more
Old 03-25-2011, 12:58 PM   #5
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Great start Erika!

Jeremy sounds a bit like my oldest was in grade school, the part about sometimes being a little too social. Every teacher that Justin had from kindergarten through probably 7th grade told me the same thing, "Justin is a great kid, but he just talks too darn much!"

Looking forward to hearing about your plans!
Old 03-25-2011, 03:50 PM   #6
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by photographymom517 View Post
Ooooh and by the way, you just made my day!!! I've NEVER EVER been 1st to anyone's PTR before!!! So thank you!!! :-)

I am so glad you are joining in for the fun. So glad I could make your day! I have never been first to anyone's thread so I am jealous! I see you have a pre-trip started so I will head over there next to join.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #7
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Since you joined my PTR I am here to read all the fun on yours.

I am the Disney addict in the family also but DH loves it he just wont admit how much. We also have been every year since 2006 & also went in 1999 & 2004.

That is so great that your son was accepted into the gifted program!! You must be so proud. He sounds like a wonderful kid that deserves those Disney trips every year right???
disneyfan61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:29 PM   #8
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Hi-de-ho from cool, rainy Tennessee.
I have been working on this house or shopping for this house off and on all day.
Now it is time to call it a night and relax.
And DIS.
So glad to be along for your wait.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:10 AM   #9
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loritemp View Post
Jumping in early, can't wait to hear more
So glad you are here! Look for an update later today!

Old 03-28-2011, 09:14 AM   #10
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Great start Erika!

Jeremy sounds a bit like my oldest was in grade school, the part about sometimes being a little too social. Every teacher that Justin had from kindergarten through probably 7th grade told me the same thing, "Justin is a great kid, but he just talks too darn much!"

Looking forward to hearing about your plans!
Michelle! I am glad you are here.

Jeremy is sort of a funny kid. At the first of the school year, he is real quiet until he gets comfortable with the teacher and his classmates. And then, boy, he lets loose. Not only will he talk but he likes to make the others laugh! He is definitely his father's son!

Erika

Old 03-28-2011, 09:17 AM   #11
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Since you joined my PTR I am here to read all the fun on yours.

I am the Disney addict in the family also but DH loves it he just wont admit how much. We also have been every year since 2006 & also went in 1999 & 2004.

That is so great that your son was accepted into the gifted program!! You must be so proud. He sounds like a wonderful kid that deserves those Disney trips every year right???
I am so glad you are here!

I am very proud of Jreemy. Yesterday, we were sitting watching a Disney show and he informed me that he no longer wants to be a train conductor. He had decided he wants to be a Disney Imagineer! Boy, that made be proud!

I hope to get another update later on today.

Erika

Old 03-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #12
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Hi-de-ho from cool, rainy Tennessee.
I have been working on this house or shopping for this house off and on all day.
Now it is time to call it a night and relax.
And DIS.
So glad to be along for your wait.
Yay, MeMom is here! I am so glad you are joining in for the fun!

We didn't get rain yesterday, but the dreaded S word instead!!! Yes, there was a light dusting of snow in Ohio yesterday morning! Really put me a gloomy mood! I am so sick of the stuff!

So glad your house is coming along! I am sure that makes you feel so good.

We definitely have to meet up this trip again. I promise to be more talkative. Even as an adult, I tend be shy when I first meet someone. We will have to plan something fun for our Dismeet.

Erika

Old 03-28-2011, 09:28 AM   #13
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone!

Hope you had a wonderful weekend! Mine was very busy and I spent a lot of it yelling in front of the TV. I am a huge UK fan so it was a super exciting weekend for me!!! Can't wait for the final four next weekend!

I promise that there will be an update before the day is over! Plus, I have the fist few days of our summer 2010 trip loaded and I am going to start on that. Here are the spoilers I posted last year when we returned but never got the trip started?

How many times will I throw up?

Who falls in the bathroom and where did it happen?

Why didn't that man shave his back?

Will there be another Disney trip for my family in the future? (I guess this is not much a spoiler since you know there will be however, how many and why did this almost not happen!).

Will I drink the Beverly?

Erika

Oh, one more thing--can anyone tell me how I can respond to everyone's comment in one post rather than individually? Thanks!

Old 03-28-2011, 10:28 AM   #14
photographymom517
DIS Veteran

Hi Erika! I don't have alot of time but wanted to answer your question real quick!

If you want to respond to multiple quotes at once:
* go to the person's quote & click on the button that says "multi-quote" (well it doesn't say "multi quote" until your mouse is over the button)

The multi-quote button is on the bottom of the person's post...in the right-hand corner, in the middle & looks like a notepad with a plus sign and " on it.

Then, after you've hit the "multi quote" on all of the posts that you want to respond to, go to the bottom of the page & hit "Post Reply" as you normally would do.

Sometimes I'm horrible at explaining things so I hope that makes sense!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:55 AM   #15
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

subbing

Everything looks great so far, can't wait to read more.
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: