Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Podcast Cruises
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2012, 12:53 PM   #1426
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover
Booked Remy Dinner and Palo Brunch today!
DH stayed up and was unable to book anything at Midnight, but was able to finally at 3am, so he booked Palo Brunch & did our online check in then.

Not very happy with Palo Brunch being filled on Costa Maya day, so we'll have to head up to reschedule it when we board. We have a reservation, but not what we'd like. Can't wait to be Platinum so that we can avoid this in the future!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:33 PM   #1427
TIGGERmetoo
DIS Veteran

Hope there is something left on the 9th.

Terri

TIGGERmetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #1428
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

thanks for the heads up..i was also hoping for palo brunch on costa maya day...i'll have to think of a plan b for the 9th as well

jessrose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:19 PM   #1429
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrose18 View Post
thanks for the heads up..i was also hoping for palo brunch on costa maya day...i'll have to think of a plan b for the 9th as well
I thought Palo Brunch is only available on Sea days?

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #1430
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

I heard on the western it's on both sea days and in the am on costa maya day since we dont dock until 1pm....

found this thread on it, hope it is correct
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2970913

Last edited by jessrose18; 08-25-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:30 PM   #1431
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

sayhello- i didnt know you were sailing with us I enjoyed your paris/london trip report so much it helped me a great deal in planning our paris/london (non dis) trip we took this past spring, looking forward to meeting you!

Old 08-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #1432
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
sayhello- i didnt know you were sailing with us I enjoyed your paris/london trip report so much it helped me a great deal in planning our paris/london (non dis) trip we took this past spring, looking forward to meeting you!
Yep! Figured I'd finally try a Podcast cruise. Fortunately this one was at a time I could go.

And I *so* have to finish that Trip Report! It's been (oh, dear!) almost a year since we went! If only Life would stop getting in the way of important things like Trip Reports! Glad it was still useful to you even in its unfinished state! Looking forward to meeting you, too!

Sayhello
Old 08-25-2012, 09:45 PM   #1433
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I heard on the western it's on both sea days and in the am on costa maya day since we dont dock until 1pm....

Ah! Perhaps that's why it sold out so quickly, since they're only doing it in the am?

Sayhello
Old 08-25-2012, 09:51 PM   #1434
Silverfox97

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrose18

Its no longer correct Someone posted today to me on the main cruise board that they were just off the Fantasy Western this AM & are no longer doing brunch at Palo on Costa Maya day.

See next post below.

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder

Last edited by Silverfox97; 08-25-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #1435
Silverfox97

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello
Ah! Perhaps that's why it sold out so quickly, since they're only doing it in the am?

Sayhello
Here's a copy of the post:

Hello Silverfox97! Coming out of lurkdom to respond to your post. We just got off the 7 night Fantasy Western this morning. I, too, had the same idea as you...Palo brunch on the Costa Maya day. I was able to secure a brunch reservation online for the 1st day at sea when the booking window opened for the Silver CC. Brunch for the Costa Maya day was sold out already. I really love the sea days, so brunch on the Costa Maya day was perfect, and I planned on changing once we boarded. Got up to Palo around 11:45am, spoke with the Hostess, her name is Morag, and was told no problem, they had available times for brunch on the Costa Maya day. Perfect!! Sign me up!!!

Well, later that evening, I received a call from Cecile at the Palo podium to let me know there is no Palo brunch offered on the Costa Maya day, and they needed to move my reservation to either the 1st sea day, or 2nd sea day. We took the 2nd sea day.

Our Palo Server, Michael (fabulous, BTW), told us at our Palo dinner on Wednesday night that there is a glitch in the online booking on the DCL website, that it shows a Palo brunch on the Costa Maya day, but there is not and that Cecile must contact each guest who booked a brunch that day, and move them to either the 1st or 2nd sea days.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my very recent experience with this.

Enjoy your upcoming cruise!!!![

Old 08-25-2012, 10:19 PM   #1436
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
Here's a copy of the post:

Hello Silverfox97! Coming out of lurkdom to respond to your post. We just got off the 7 night Fantasy Western this morning. I, too, had the same idea as you...Palo brunch on the Costa Maya day. I was able to secure a brunch reservation online for the 1st day at sea when the booking window opened for the Silver CC. Brunch for the Costa Maya day was sold out already. I really love the sea days, so brunch on the Costa Maya day was perfect, and I planned on changing once we boarded. Got up to Palo around 11:45am, spoke with the Hostess, her name is Morag, and was told no problem, they had available times for brunch on the Costa Maya day. Perfect!! Sign me up!!!

Well, later that evening, I received a call from Cecile at the Palo podium to let me know there is no Palo brunch offered on the Costa Maya day, and they needed to move my reservation to either the 1st sea day, or 2nd sea day. We took the 2nd sea day.

Our Palo Server, Michael (fabulous, BTW), told us at our Palo dinner on Wednesday night that there is a glitch in the online booking on the DCL website, that it shows a Palo brunch on the Costa Maya day, but there is not and that Cecile must contact each guest who booked a brunch that day, and move them to either the 1st or 2nd sea days.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my very recent experience with this.

Enjoy your upcoming cruise!!!![

That's some glitch!

Sayhello
Old 08-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #1437
Euphscott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Booked Remy Dinner and Palo Brunch today!
We did the exact same thing. We went first sea day for Brunch and Pirate night for Remy.

I just hope none of this conflicts with DIS stuff since we don't really know that schedule yet. If so, we'll adjust accordingly!
Old 08-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #1438
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphscott View Post
We did the exact same thing. We went first sea day for Brunch and Pirate night for Remy.

I just hope none of this conflicts with DIS stuff since we don't really know that schedule yet. If so, we'll adjust accordingly!
When is Pirate night?

Sayhello
Old 08-27-2012, 03:22 PM   #1439
Silverfox97

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello
When is Pirate night?

Sayhello
Wed Cozumel day

Old 08-28-2012, 07:53 AM   #1440
ScubaMickey
A Fantasy experience - to meet a pint-sized caddy and become Sunglasses

I am a Gold member and was able to book on the 25th. TS Isaac got in the way and I was not able to go on line at midnight and had to wait until Saturday when Isaac's track shifted. I was able to book Palo brunch for the first sea day, but the only port adventure I wanted was sold out on Costa Maya - Two stop snorkle adventure. Boy, was I surprised....I thought Palo would be hard to secure, not a snorkle trip. Booked my second choice for snorkling and I will check when we board the ship. The port adventure was removed from the list yesterday instead of having "sold out" stamped on it.

ScubaMickey
ScubaMickey is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: